IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 2, Different Show, Same...

choralcrusader8613

Derick, get some Flonase and Zyrtec. Both can be bought at Amazon in bulk.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derrick and Jill are going to be those people who are constantly sick/pregnant because they don't know any other way to get attention. Something is so off about them now, I don't know what but they don't act like they used too. I just feel negativity when they are on screen. Like, they don't seem happy. I can't even explain it really. I just get a weird vibe from them. Like not all is well in paradise. They act like they've been married 15 years. I think he's gone off the deep end in the patriarchy sauce and maybe he's not being the prince charming she thought she had. Just based on his tweets. He seemed almost normal having been a school mascot and more worldly (normal in Duggar terms). Now he's Jim Bob 2.0 based on the tweets I saw. And I can't handle his blow out hair. It's too fabulous. 

Jessa is so over bearing. It's not her house! I wonder if she was just going over board as a way to deal with her feelings of Jinger leaving. But then, I am a book hoarder so I didn't like the bookshelf going in the closet. She did leave some out so that was good. 

I wish I had brothers who bought me a car when I got married. I thought the one that bought the boat was adorable. He's like, we can use it this year and then flip it but hopefully not on the lake. Lol an actual, genuine moment of impulse buying from these frugal people?? 

11 hours ago, Buzzard said:

ral bookshelves we can put in other places to make the living room more of a living room.

Jeremy complains that they're goin gin the closet. Jessa says the house is too small.  Jeremy says moving the books is like choosing between her children.  He agrees... she says when they go into a bigger place he can have them.

Jeremy - I'm learning that what I think is non negotiable is negotiable. "a little piece of me just died."

What a way to feel starting a marriage

10 hours ago, Mela99 said:

So why did they need to take all the decor crap with them to Texas? You're telling me there's no Hobby Lobby in Texas?

DON'T GIVE UP YOUR BOOKS, JEREMY. 

It must be a little bit more than Bible and christian stuff... I hope so. Jessa hid them from Jinger in case she would like them.

11 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Counting on - this is so boring I cant even think of a snarky title - part 4

Jeremy walks around with a rembrant painting, his treasured piece.

Jessa hangs knick knacks all over the place and not rembrant.  Its clearly stressing jeremy out.

jinger th - it hasnt really hit me that I'm movimg so far from home. Its a 12 hour drive and far from my family but I'm marrying my best friend.

Rembrandt and books? Now I think I have soft spot for Jeremy. I'm sure Duggars have no clue who he was.

In bold: I'm going to puke

A few thoughts I don't think have fully been mentioned:

- Josiah calling Texas the "get er done" state made me spit out my wine I had been enjoying.

-I feel like we've seen this episode before when a ton of Bateseses went to Chicago to redo Michael and Brandon's apartment.

-I really want to know if Joe got a special episode bonus of saying "season of life".

-Did Ben stay at the apartment with Joy to babysit her? Or was Joy babysitting Ben?

-I know someone did mention this, but I just want to say I'm super impressed with us for being so ahead of our time with the duvet discussion. We even had a whole thread named after it!

12 hours ago, Buzzard said:

jeremy - my books are the front and center decor in the apartment

jessa - he has a million books.  there isnt space in the living room for the books and the furniture.  He has several bookshelves we can put in other places to make the living room more of a living room.

Jeremy complains that they're goin gin the closet. Jessa says the house is too small.  Jeremy says moving the books is like choosing between her children.  He agrees... she says when they go into a bigger place he can have them.

Jeremy - I'm learning that what I think is non negotiable is negotiable. "a little piece of me just died."

I know I want to much but I wish Jeremy was Jinger's Pygmalion. And I think Jessa won't be his favourite sister-in-law

I didn't watch (I'm retaining more brain cells that way) but judging from the comments, someone really needs to stand up to Jessa. She is not, despite her attitude, hot shit. Rembrandt and books is my idea of a perfect decorating scheme. My dream home would have a library or study, all leather and dark wood and books, books, books. I mean, there is a nice way to disagree with people. You can keep sweet and make your own boundaries, define your own space. If she were decorating my apartment, I wouldn't have been nice about it. I love the schaudenfreude of seeing arrogant people get defied and stood up to. It's a guilty pleasure of mine. What I wouldn't give for Jeremy to do that to Jessa... or for literally any kid to do that to JimBob.... sigh.

27 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

A few thoughts I don't think have fully been mentioned:

- Josiah calling Texas the "get er done" state made me spit out my wine I had been enjoying.

-I feel like we've seen this episode before when a ton of Bateseses went to Chicago to redo Michael and Brandon's apartment.

-I really want to know if Joe got a special episode bonus of saying "season of life".

-Did Ben stay at the apartment with Joy to babysit her? Or was Joy babysitting Ben?

-I know someone did mention this, but I just want to say I'm super impressed with us for being so ahead of our time with the duvet discussion. We even had a whole thread named after it!

but no one seems to say anything that Joy flew alone to Texas after a "conference" where was her buddy ? 

Here's my thoughts.

The apartment and decoration job were small; certainly did not need all those people.

Jana is the boss and Jessa is bossy. Not enough room in that little apartment for both boss and bossy. Jana chose wisely and stayed home.

When Jessa left, I hope Jeremy and Jinger rearranged to their tastes and convince.

Furniture in exchange for screen time? Must be, because getting all new stuff when Jeremy's stuffed, although dated, was perfectly fine flies in the face of "saving the difference and maintaining a budget." Who cares if you like darker woods and creams vs oak. Getting all new stuff flies in the face of what they have been preaching for years.

I'll bet Jessa and Ben have some good fights.

I wonder if Jill is getting treatment...she seems so flat.

I hope Jinger finds her voice, style, personal opinion.

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

Here's my thoughts.

The apartment and decoration job were small; certainly did not need all those people.

Jana is the boss and Jessa is bossy. Not enough room in that little apartment for both boss and bossy. Jana chose wisely and stayed home.

When Jessa left, I hope Jeremy and Jinger rearranged to their tastes and convince.

Furniture in exchange for screen time? Must be, because getting all new stuff when Jeremy's stuffed, although dated, was perfectly fine flies in the face of "saving the difference and maintaining a budget." Who cares if you like darker woods and creams vs oak. Getting all new stuff flies in the face of what they have been preaching for years.

I'll bet Jessa and Ben have some good fights.

I wonder if Jill is getting treatment...she seems so flat.

I hope Jinger finds her voice, style, personal opinion.

They made Jeremy look like he couldn't stand up to Jessa. whereas Jinge "can't" stand up to Jessa and just  lets Jessa railroad her into believing that they have the same style. They probably had no choice when they were kids...then there was no point - Now perhaps she can grow into her own style and not be interchangeable.  

I would love to hear Jessa and Ben's fights - 

I agree with the poster up thread who said the way Derick and Jill get attention is one of them is always sick/pregnant 

What they preach for years never is believed or pans out 

I did notice Joy was flying alone. I don't think she was truly alone though. Maybe she had been with the Forsyth's, but TLC doesn't want to show them yet since they haven't actually introduced Austin on the show yet (besides that clip, but their story line hasn't been on Counting On yet).

I also don't understand the not standing up to Jessa thing. Aren't they taught/take pride in that men > woman? If a man is a headship, and a woman is a helpmeet, or in general male dominance, why so scared, Jer?

I'm slowly clearing out the walk-in closet of my late husband's clothes and the idea of putting bookshelves in there really appeals, easy access to my favourite books sounds awesome.

We call all only hope 3 episodes from now when we check in with Jinger and Jeremy, they are sitting their couch below a Rembrandt painting, beside their bookshelf. I would LOVE that. You know Jessa's head would explode. 

I wonder if Jeremy's mother church provides his housing? Isn't that usually a benefit of the preacher gig?

I was appalled that Jeremy let Jessa put the bookshelf in the closet.  He said that he loves books, yet he allowed her to put many of them away.  Bringing all that junk from Arkansas to Texas made no sense at all. There are stores where they could have bought home decor closer to Jeremy.

I'm sick of JInger swooning at Jeremy.  She gets this wide eyed, glassy look in her eyes and stares at him.  What in the world is someone who has had many life experiences (Jeremy) going to talk about with a naive young woman who has almost no life experience?

So, why the hell did they leave Jana, who 'is great at decorating', and take bossy Jessa?    

And if Jessa HAD to go, why not leave Spurgeon home with Binwit?   it's not as if she is nursing at 20 weeks.   

These people have one brain - and share it among the whole idiotic lot.    Here, you can have the brain for three minutes......

14 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Jeremy knows who the stronger person is ;)

Jessa would put him in his place quickly, I think. 

Jeremy seems like a typical ass-h.... Oh, wait, we're watching the Duggars. Forgot. Of course he is then....

On 28/01/2017 at 0:03 AM, eveandadam said:

I attended a wedding once where we, my wife and I, had to pay for our own food and drinks. It was even a requirement written in the invitation. We had to pay 35 $ PER PERSON (much more expensive than a good restaurant in Munich) to attend, plus traveling there and a gift. But oh well, maybe they couldn't affort thousands of Euros more to spend on food and drinks. The food and drinks bill is ridiculous, at our wedding we spent around 5000 € (5500 $) on catering and we only had 60 guests.

I think I would die if my fiance wanted to charge our guests at our upcoming wedding.

We're spending about 600$ on Greek food for 32, but that's just the main meal (buffet style: chicken, rice, potatos/veggies, lasagna, salad, pita... the usual, nothing too fancy). We're also having homemade "appies".

At least you make me glad to hear the cost at a good restaurant isn't too bad! We're visiting Munich as part of our honeymoon this spring. :my_biggrin:

How come Joy was allowed to be alone with Jeremy?   He picked her up at the airport and didn't have an accountability partner there!

2 hours ago, fish_ca said:

I know I want to much but I wish Jeremy was Jinger's Pygmalion. And I think Jessa won't be his favourite sister-in-law

I'm pretty sure Joy is his favorite sister in law.

50 minutes ago, wandering woman said:

What in the world is someone who has had many life experiences (Jeremy) going to talk about with a naive young woman who has almost no life experience?

Himself and all his life experience. 

31 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

So, why the hell did they leave Jana, who 'is great at decorating', and take bossy Jessa?    

And if Jessa HAD to go, why not leave Spurgeon home with Binwit?   it's not as if she is nursing at 20 weeks.   

These people have one brain - and share it among the whole idiotic lot.    Here, you can have the brain for three minutes......

Lets face it, Bin has no identity.  Other than being "friends" with a wannabe rapper he has no depth.  If his wife was the one who was needed and WANTED and he was left at home with his unimportant self his wittle pee pee would seem small.  You just cant have the woman running off being important and shit, leaving her headship at home to listen to his music... So, Bin comes along to make sure that he is relevant (in his own mind).

Maybe Jeremy is picking his battles. He'll go along with moving the books because he can move them back when Jessa's gone. On the other hand, maybe he insisted on picking up Jinger without a chaperone. Who knows with these crazy fundies? :confusion-shrug:

40 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

That was my thought as well, the way Jana is promoted on the show for future husbands is through her amazing decorating skills. Then there's decorating to do...and they leave her behind. Jessa must really have much influence on how the show is put together. Urgh.

I'd love to fast forward 5 years. Jeremy is keeping sweet now for Jinger, whom I do think he cares about, but that can't last. He will (have to) put his foot down towards Jessa and we all know that's gonna blow up, Jessa can't accept that. And since Jessa and Jinger are "so close", there's gonna be trouble in paradise. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived