IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 2, Different Show, Same...

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They'll either announce a name tonight during the show (if TLC taped the birth, they're already there), or will have a taped announcement that they'll run during next week's show. I don't think People does names of already born babies. 

Baby Seaweed #2 is so precious.  And what an upgrade that, for his first public picture,  he wasn't dressed in his brown birth towel like SES was but an actual little blue newborn sleeper. 

29 minutes ago, doubleT said:

Baby Seaweed #2 is so precious.  And what an upgrade that, for his first public picture,  he wasn't dressed in his brown birth towel like SES was but an actual little blue newborn sleeper. 

less traumatic birth will probably do that for you.

17 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

(Specifically regarding the bolded part.) Well, when he hits his 50th birthday, his doctor will likely recommend a colonoscopy...

A very special episode. Duggar up the  periscope 

38 minutes ago, doubleT said:

I always think for people that literally do nothing except talk about jesus and procreate they are so lazy and uncaring  about the practical details. The birth of Spurge may have been traumatic but you would think that one outfit could have been brought to the hospital for a picture.  Its not like there were  no cars or drivers available.  It's not like they didn't expect a camera crew or were ambushed by papparazzi.

I went into labor at 30 weeks and delivered week 37. Due to strict bed rest, I didnt have time to shop, set up a nursey or even do Lamaze classes, and my husband, mother and sister worked full time.  Yet, within hours of delivery I had size appropriate baby clothes at my bedside.

Happy to know is another boy i was almost sure it was a girl this time, aniway this is better know i want the name. I don't even start to tra to guess they are able to do something like Jesus istheanswer. After i'm curios to see how they menage with two little and least sister mom since there is still the TTH to run and all the other grandchildren.

I don't understand the towel/blanket vs. clothing argument. It's a brand new baby, for Pete's sake. Do we have to get it dressed THAT fast? I think the picture of Spurgeon was just as cute as the picture of Baby # 2. Commenting on whether a newborn is dressed in its first picture seems very BEC to me, but I guess I just never realized how picky people are about these things in "real life." I think I almost prefer the towel/blanket look because the baby is in its natural state and you can really look at its features without being distracted by its clothing. ha!

59 minutes ago, luxfilia said:

I don't understand the towel/blanket vs. clothing argument. It's a brand new baby, for Pete's sake. Do we have to get it dressed THAT fast? 

Yeah I don't get that argument either. 

On 1/30/2017 at 8:50 PM, Buzzard said:

jessa - he has a million books.  there isnt space in the living room for the books and the furniture.  He has several bookshelves we can put in other places to make the living room more of a living room.

*Yes, get rid of the books! Hide away those useless things somewhere else. [Sarcasm.]*

Glaringly obvious that books are not valued in the Duggar family.

7 minutes ago, WhyNotJulie said:

Do we think they'll announce the name tonight on the show? Or will they wait until next week?

Probably next week, you know, get the people watching another week. :my_cool:

1 hour ago, luxfilia said:

I don't understand the towel/blanket vs. clothing argument. It's a brand new baby, for Pete's sake. Do we have to get it dressed THAT fast? I think the picture of Spurgeon was just as cute as the picture of Baby # 2. Commenting on whether a newborn is dressed in its first picture seems very BEC to me, but I guess I just never realized how picky people are about these things in "real life." I think I almost prefer the towel/blanket look because the baby is in its natural state and you can really look at its features without being distracted by its clothing. ha!

My issue with Spurge's photo wasn't the towel, just the famewhoring of "Jessa is hemorrhaging and being transferred to the emergency room for blood transfusions but OMG the world needs a picture NOW so let's wrap him up in this towel he was caught in and send it out STAT." 

New baby's picture seems to indicate a calmer birth with time at their leisure to dress him. 

I know there was a "race" with Spurge when the seaweed sister tried to release info for attention, but there were so many other things that should have taken priority at that moment. 

29 minutes ago, CorruptionInc. said:

The problem with the towel picture is for me, being pregnant and having babies is their only reason for existence.  It is their sole job, and they troll for attention with twin talk, do pregnancy selfies and post parenting tips.  In addition they do nothing without a contract to sell pictures and access to their crotch fruit. (Thank you to the person that first used this!)

I don't think it is BEC to think that in a house of many adults who have done nothing for months except talk about Jessa's baby, that a baby outfit would be available for the photo to introduce their overdue click- bait baby to the world.

Jessa actually showed normal emotion in that scene.  No staged whatsover - and she was actually sweet with Ben 

Jeremy can front hug a stranger who is a woman and can't front hug his finance 

UGHHHHH not Luis again! He legit just started in goal for the US National (Soccer) Team in their friendly against Jamaica last week. WHY IS HE INVOLVED WITH THESE PEOPLE!?!?!?!!??

*crawling back into my hole now*

Has Buzzard checked out on maternity leave yet? IOW, are we are on our own for show snark? I can't wait for the bachelor/ette parties. They will be a hoot. /s

Counting on: "The Bachelor Party" - Part 1

So, Jessa birthed a future headship and Jilly muffin is baking one... Jinger and Anna may or may not be pregnant, but atleast we are spared the squicky pic of the 4 of them lined up... for now... so lets all enjoy Duggars locked in a room!

I'm SO glad that we were treated to Derick puking again.  I had finally blocked that out from last week... 

We start at Benessa's house.  Jessa is 6 months pregnant and they're going to an "ultrasound place" to get a 3D ultrasound and find out the "gender." 

Jessa th - there are some differences between this pregnancy and the first.  She doesnt know if its personality of the kid, she felt kicks earlier.

Ben and Jessa discuss what they think.  Ben thinks its a girl.  They explain they are going to find out but not tell anyone, except Jana andJoy who will be there.  Apparently Jana asked to come, and then Joy found out, so they can come too.

Jessa TH - Its "fun" to keep the sex a secret.  Jessa jokes that she likes to torture people.

They arrive at the ultrasound place.

Jessa lays on the table while Joy (not ben) holds spurge.  The 3D is up on the screen, Jessa is covered with a sheet.  They discuss the "sweet little face" and "precious"

Joy says it was special because she's never been there.

Jessa kicks the camera crew out to find out the sex.  Scott is wearing an "enlow" jersey.  Mr. Jim listens from outside - they all coo inside the room.

Jeremy (called "germs") drives with Jinger - Justin sits in the very back of a 3 row van.  Jinger says its "wise" having a person there.  

Not everyone could fly in because the wedding party was so big... so its just jeremy's friends and her family.  We are reminded of the proposal and how these friends helped out.

They pile into the car and they are doing "activities" together.  The guys will go golfing while the girls design jewelry.  

Jeremy explains that a bachelor party is usually mischievous but he wants to spend quality time with friends and "reflect on a season of life."

jessa explains they dont drink alcohol or dance.  They have fun in other ways.

They arrive at the TTH and the guys are introduced to the J'kids.  

Jeremy explains that he was "surprised" to see all the different interests with all the kids.

They all sit down to eat.  Michelle waives from the couch while Jana take spurge.

They leave for the escape room... 

2 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Has Buzzard checked out on maternity leave yet? IOW, are we are on our own for show snark? I can't wait for the bachelor/ette parties. They will be a hoot. /s

I'm still here (and growing).  This typing thing is getting very hard... 

They get to go to an escape room?! I'm so jealous, I've always wanted to do one of those! My sister went to one where there was a guy dressed as a zombie chained to the wall and they all started out in chains and for every half hour that went by the zombie's chains got like a foot longer and apparently it was absolutely terrifying. It sounded AWESOME.

I don't think their escape room experience will involve zombies. But I can dream.

I've done an escape room and we almost made it out. It was really fun and challenging. The only difference between my and JinJer's group was I was with a group of fierce queers and we did it as a fundraiser for a friend's top surgery. 

Couple of comments so far ...

Jeremy is inviting some friends for the bachelor/bachelorette weekend and Jinger will have her family ... because Duggars don't have friends. Sad.

Jeremy gave his friend's wife a full on, long front hug at the airport.  Nothing inappropriate in the real world, but pretty scandalous in Duggerland (which is why the editors showed it, I'm sure!

did they leave the J-boy/chaperone in the car at the airport?  And really? A chaperone to pick up friends at the airport?!  What are they going to do? Pull over to the side of the road and have sex?

How many times do we have to watch Dereck puke???  

1 hour ago, CorruptionInc. said:

It's not so much about babies being dressed for their first pictures. The towel that poor Spurgie was wrapped in had seen better days. It looked old and not very soft. That why we were all puzzled. 

So Jana got stuck babysitting Spurge while they were enjoying their festivities ?? I wonder if that was her choice....and whoa there Jessa , telling your head ship to shut up on TV  with the hand over the mouth...Ben did not look happy at all about that..Jessa wears the pants in that marriage all the way through....pun intended. 

2 minutes ago, MargaretElliott said:

They get to go to an escape room?! I'm so jealous, I've always wanted to do one of those! My sister went to one where there was a guy dressed as a zombie chained to the wall and they all started out in chains and for every half hour that went by the zombie's chains got like a foot longer and apparently it was absolutely terrifying. It sounded AWESOME.

I don't think their escape room experience will involve zombies. But I can dream.

I've done a couple in Portland for a friend's birthday. (She wanted to do 3 in one day). One was a jungle and one was a secret society. We had a blast, but I now know who I NEVER want to be in a stressful situation with if we have to puzzle things out (lost, etc). He kept going around the room, telling us what we needed. We knew that and were looking for it. He thought if he told us louder and more frantically, it would help us find it faster. 

2 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

It's not so much about babies being dressed for their first pictures. The towel that poor Spurgie was wrapped in had seen better days. It looked old and not very soft. That why we were all puzzled. 

perhaps they were all traumatized from Jessa bleeding out 

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived