IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 2, Different Show, Same...

choralcrusader8613

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

But was she really ALONE? The camera crew was there... 

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/monday-cable-ratings-jan-30-2017/

Looks like they ranked 95/100 top cable shows Monday night with a 0.3 and 1091,000 viewers.  The 11 PM showing of "ginormous food" was apparently more interesting than this crap.

HOW MUCH MORE WILL TLC HOLD OUT FOR?

If camera crew were acceptable chaperones then the others could have gone on dates without paying the howlers to go with them.    

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MoonFace said:

If camera crew were acceptable chaperones then the others could have gone on dates without paying the howlers to go with them.    

I think when the camera crews arent filming things are a lot looser.  They have to keep up their crap for appearances.

3 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

However, it is why we have the policy of not speculating on the sexuality of 18+ kidults who still live at home- we don't want to make their lives worse than they already are.

How old is she anyway? I kinda thought 20- something...?? I cant keep up anymore. The more i think of it though the more i think TLC gave that impression on purpose.

But sure, I'll agree no reason to speculate. Poor girl, how much worse could her life get.

Here's the thing- there's no reason to speculate anything. Joy is acting normally, not flirtatiously. I act similarly with the guys I know, joking, talking, just being a normal human being. Hell, I'm a lot more flirtatious/joking, but that's because I wasn't raised in a cult and I have a crass sense of humor. Because this cult is so royally fucked up, any interaction between unrelated, unmarried men and women is looked at with suspicion. You can't just have a conversation with a guy or you're "giving away your heart" or some such bullshit. 

19 hours ago, sunshine said:

I did not like the Jeremy decorating scene. From what I saw in TLC clip, I think that Jeremey and Jinger should decide what they wanted instead of Jessa running the charge. Jeremy seem to love whatever Jinger likes. So, they are living in a apartment decorated by Jessa.  Jinger, what is your style with Jessa?

I agree with you.  Jessa was pretty pushy.  It should have been up to Jinger and Jeremy to decorate the place themselves, the way they would want it. Jessa is no decorator. I also think some of  Jeremy's furniture  should have stayed.  His kitchen table and chairs was nice and I also liked the headboard on his bed. There would be many ways Jinger could put her stamp on the place. All of the Duggars except Jana love to stick their nose into others in their familys business.  I wonder if Ma and Pa Duggar have been visiting the love nest yet.  They will be pushing themselves on the couple soon enough like they did with the Joshie Family

1 hour ago, MsSourPickle said:

I agree with you.  Jessa was pretty pushy.  It should have been up to Jinger and Jeremy to decorate the place themselves, the way they would want it. Jessa is no decorator. I also think some of  Jeremy's furniture  should have stayed.  His kitchen table and chairs was nice and I also liked the headboard on his bed. There would be many ways Jinger could put her stamp on the place. All of the Duggars except Jana love to stick their nose into others in their familys business.  I wonder if Ma and Pa Duggar have been visiting the love nest yet.  They will be pushing themselves on the couple soon enough like they did with the Joshie Family

I noted Jessa's facial expressions from a Daily Mail article discussing the episode. Her lips were drawn at the corners and her eyes were wide open. Her comment about Jinger being more "touchy" then her and Ben were when they "courted/dated/didn't fuck" seemed to hint she is envious that Jinger is getting more freedom than she will at this point. I feel the whole reason she married Ben and her wedding was so terrible is because she didn't WANT a wedding she wanted to marry Ben and have independence. Remember her dress that looked like a prom dress? She wanted a chance to be herself not do what mom and dad demanded. She enjoyed bossing her siblings around because that's he only "power" she ever had. She wants her own spin off about her and her future big family. Not to be mean but for the most part fundy men are disgusting to look at. Ben isn't awful in comparison so she said "I'm pretty he's pretty our wedding made a lot of money we're set for our own show." Then Josh happened she got a spin off and she said "Jill is in a different country she'll be out of the picture soon" and then oh look Jeremy is actually hot, and nice, and has a backstory, and his own independence that Jinger gets to latch onto and literally  get carried away from Duggarworld leaving her behind.

23 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

Didn't we see books in one of the "happy birthday/congrats" videos they posted or am I imagining things?

Also, I didn't watch the episode, but I can't believe they wouldn't let him hang a REMBRANDT!! That's a legit piece of art most people (aka me) would kill to have in their house. These people don't know anything. 

They Pintrest all day they don't have TIME for history. Or Rembrant.

1 hour ago, HomeschooledHeartThrob said:

I noted Jessa's facial expressions from a Daily Mail article discussing the episode. Her lips were drawn at the corners and her eyes were wide open. Her comment about Jinger being more "touchy" then her and Ben were when they "courted/dated/didn't fuck" seemed to hint she is envious that Jinger is getting more freedom than she will at this point. I feel the whole reason she married Ben and her wedding was so terrible is because she didn't WANT a wedding she wanted to marry Ben and have independence. Remember her dress that looked like a prom dress? She wanted a chance to be herself not do what mom and dad demanded. She enjoyed bossing her siblings around because that's he only "power" she ever had. She wants her own spin off about her and her future big family. Not to be mean but for the most part fundy men are disgusting to look at. Ben isn't awful in comparison so she said "I'm pretty he's pretty our wedding made a lot of money we're set for our own show." Then Josh happened she got a spin off and she said "Jill is in a different country she'll be out of the picture soon" and then oh look Jeremy is actually hot, and nice, and has a backstory, and his own independence that Jinger gets to latch onto and literally  get carried away from Duggarworld leaving her behind.

Hand clapping at the moment! This is what I've been thinking for a while. Oh, and you forgot to mention Jeremy is "older". I mean an actual man and not a man because 18 is considered a man.

On 1/31/2017 at 7:39 PM, Gillyweed said:

Didn't we see books in one of the "happy birthday/congrats" videos they posted or am I imagining things?

Also, I didn't watch the episode, but I can't believe they wouldn't let him hang a REMBRANDT!! That's a legit piece of art most people (aka me) would kill to have in their house. These people don't know anything. 

Admittedly, I'm pretty sure the Rembrandt is just a print, although a nicely framed one. Though Rembrandts being what they are it's a very darkly shaded piece, and they were going for light and bright in the public spaces, so it didn't really fit the theme. I did think it looked nice enough when he tried to put it in the dining area, though Jessa didn't want it there. But it ended up in the master bedroom where he can see it from the bed, so it's not hidden away where *he* can't see it.

1 hour ago, metheglyn said:

Admittedly, I'm pretty sure the Rembrandt is just a print, although a nicely framed one. Though Rembrandts being what they are it's a very darkly shaded piece, and they were going for light and bright in the public spaces, so it didn't really fit the theme. I did think it looked nice enough when he tried to put it in the dining area, though Jessa didn't want it there. But it ended up in the master bedroom where he can see it from the bed, so it's not hidden away where *he* can't see it.

Of course it was just a print, A true rembrandt would be worth tens of thousands.  But that isn't the point.  The point is that it was important to Jeremy for some reason, and Jessa and Jinger should have recognized that and let him hang it where he wanted it.  It is also his home, and while Jinger might want the apartment to be light and bright, she also needs to consider his feelings.  And this is just a small apartment we are talking about  not a fancy house with a professional decorator.  First apartments or starter homes are typically cobbled together with donations and borrowed items.  There is no need for Jessa to have been intense about having to stick to a theme. 

If the show was representative of how Jessa really is,  I predict this will be a sore spot between Jeremy and Jinger down the road, unless Jinger learns to assert herself.  Jeremy may have been a good sport this time, but I think Jessa's attitude was wearing on him.  And Ben was useless.  If he were being a good headship, according to their whacky beliefs,  he should have pulled Jessa aside and told her to dial it down a notch. 

And, I am not saying that Ben should boss Jessa around in a normal relationship, but I am talking about the context of their patriarchal beliefs,  Ben did not exert his appropriate authority over his sassy and pushy wife. 

And, one last thing,  I don't like Jessa much,  but, again, given the context of how they grew up and the expectations placed on her as a woman,  I can't snark too much when she openly flaunts her own personal 'power'.  I think she was wrong in this case, but I appreciate that she isn't just standing around rolling her eyes like weak passive Jinger. 

The whole decorating thing just annoyed me to know end.  First off, why did they need to bring so many suitcases of crap with them?  It's not like Jinger has a job and is incapable of sorting through most of that stuff before going.  Why on earth was she so surprised by what was in the bags?  She does realize these decorations are for her own place, right?  

Also, the way Jeremy's stuff was treated was pretty bad.  I get that he has a ton of books, but for his sister-in-law to just tell him to put them somewhere else was a bit much.  They could have gotten some floating shelves to keep some more out in the open - they don't cost much.  I also got the feeling that what Jessa really wanted was for Jeremy to get rid of some of his books.  The way she treated his painting also made me think something similar.  It was as is she thought if they put it off long enough, there would be either no space for it or he would forget about it.  For god's sake, he just wants one picture out of all the junk they jammed onto his walls.

I agree with everyone who thinks this could be a point of contention for Jinger and Jeremy in the future.  Jinger doesn't seem to have any real ability to stand up for herself or to see herself as a separate individual from her family.  

44 minutes ago, calimojo said:

If the show was representative of how Jessa really is,  I predict this will be a sore spot between Jeremy and Jinger down the road, unless Jinger learns to assert herself.  Jeremy may have been a good sport this time, but I think Jessa's attitude was wearing on him.  And Ben was useless.  If he were being a good headship, according to their whacky beliefs,  he should have pulled Jessa aside and told her to dial it down a notch. 

And, I am not saying that Ben should boss Jessa around in a normal relationship, but I am talking about the context of their patriarchal beliefs,  Ben did not exert his appropriate authority over his sassy and pushy wife. 

And, one last thing,  I don't like Jessa much,  but, again, given the context of how they grew up and the expectations placed on her as a woman,  I can't snark too much when she openly flaunts her own personal 'power'.  I think she was wrong in this case, but I appreciate that she isn't just standing around rolling her eyes like weak passive Jinger. 

I think the show doesn't fully represent how Jessa really is... I think it's edited a touch.  I also think though Jessa is one tough woman when the camera is not around.  In her TH's she is not natural and it shows... it's all an act with her.  

I do think Jinger will learn hopefully to stand up for herself.  I think the days are gone when she automatically has to do and say everything Jessa thinks.  They were  a team in a weird environment... that time is over.  Jinge has left... She is not her sisters who keep coming back.. at least not so far.  But the weird reality with these people is that they are supposed to married and have kids - they have done that- what happens next - are they supposed to live of their father still. 

Ben I think just wants to be a pleaser - he even said so in one of his early TH's - so his whole I have books in my closet thing was his way of trying to make Jeremy and Jessa feel better... we have seen their closet to a degree - i never saw books in there.   

Jessa's power is what she allows for others to see...  

51 minutes ago, calimojo said:

Of course it was just a print, A true rembrandt would be worth tens of thousands.  But that isn't the point.  The point is that it was important to Jeremy for some reason, and Jessa and Jinger should have recognized that and let him hang it where he wanted it.  It is also his home, and while Jinger might want the apartment to be light and bright, she also needs to consider his feelings.  And this is just a small apartment we are talking about  not a fancy house with a professional decorator.  First apartments or starter homes are typically cobbled together with donations and borrowed items.  There is no need for Jessa to have been intense about having to stick to a theme. 

Oh I totally agree about the picture. Frankly, I thought it looked quite good in the kitchen/dining area where Jeremy tried to put it, and didn't think it would be too dark there. I thought they were kind of over committing to the theme if it meant giving up stuff either Jeremy or Jinger actually cared about. It looks fine where it ended up, but it didn't need to be exiled. And frankly, it's probably a religious piece (I couldn't see it clearly enough to be certain), so it would make sense for to be on display in the home of a pastor anyway.

And while Jeremy's headboard furniture was enormous it was also storage, and taking it out made me wonder if there were still going to be dressers in the room, since night stands wouldn't have near the amount of storage space as that enormous thing. I am ALL about the storage in my own personal decorating. 

Hopefully, now that Jinger and Jeremy both live there and Jessa is hours away, they've worked *together* to make sure the space works for both of them and that they are both happy and comfortable in *their* space. 

Also I think Jessa being aggressive with the house decorating is partly due to it being a woman's job. The way the Duggars stress these roies and jobs according to sex is nuts. So I don't think it even dawned on Jessa or Jinger that the apartment is also Jeremys, since it is the woman who makes it a home. That and Jinger does like to assert her power over anyone when given the chance and Jinger has always been an easy mark.

It is amazing how little control these women truley have. I think that is why you see them get all nutty over a courtship, wedding, pregnancy, it is one of the few times anything is about them.  When they can talk about themselves etc. But I have noticed even with pregnancies these guys will annouce it  to the families etc. The dynamics in these relationships are nuts!

But can Jinger quit looking at Jeremy with crazy eyes please! So many shades of Michelle in the googly eyes. lol She just stares at him all dreamy, even when he looks away and talks to others. It reminds me of a love struck tween. Hmm wonder why, lol

I finally saw the episode. I think Jessa didn't see the point of having a lot of books. When she said something to the effect of it's ok to have a lot of books, it was if she said it because she thought she should say it for the cameras. I am no fan of Jeremy but they were all completely dismissive of what he wanted in his home. It was disrespectful. I would lose my S*** if someone tried to hide my filled bookcases away. Of course his Rembrandt was a just a print but it was important because a friend gave it to him.  It should have had a place of prominence. It's obvious the Duggars had never heard of Rembrandt so cheap wall hangings seemed more important. 

I hope Jeremy knows he likely doesn't have a wife that will ever have a backbone(which is probably what he prefers) and he has a wife who will probably always be too meek to defend him. Great way to start a marriage, let your sister walk all over your future husband and decorate your future home to her liking. That's love, for your sister not your future mate. 

These people over decorate everything. Not every wall needs something hanging on it, or worse, multiple things hanging on it. Reminds me of when they decorated for Jill in that first big house. There were a million pictures on the wall and it just ended up looking disorganized.  Putting a bed in the spare room was just stupid. Just put in a sofa bed, if you are desperate for an extra bed. 

I hate them all for making me defend Jeremy when I don't trust him at all. 

11 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I think when the camera crews arent filming things are a lot looser.  They have to keep up their crap for appearances.

Apparently, Joy was at a conference and was allowed to attend alone, to fly to WI alone, and fly from WI to TX alone. That is crazy, unless she went with a different sibling  and they just didn't mention that.  But I am kind of shocked Boob allowed Joy to be alone with Jeremy for any length of time. That is just all kinds of weird. Maybe the kidults have a little more freedom then we thought or they were just better at hiding her accountability buddy this time?

46 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Apparently, Joy was at a conference and was allowed to attend alone, to fly to WI alone, and fly from WI to TX alone. That is crazy, unless she went with a different sibling  and they just didn't mention that.  But I am kind of shocked Boob allowed Joy to be alone with Jeremy for any length of time. That is just all kinds of weird. Maybe the kidults have a little more freedom then we thought or they were just better at hiding her accountability buddy this time?

The IBLP Northwoods Conference Center is in Wisconsin. She was probably at a Journey to the Heart conference or other similar one. Some of those are specifically for women 18+, which Joy was at the time. That doesn't, however, account for travelling alone, which she may or may not have actually done.  http://iblp.org/programs/journey-heart 

4 hours ago, calimojo said:

3 hours ago, Natalie22 said:

Also, the way Jeremy's stuff was treated was pretty bad.  I get that he has a ton of books, but for his sister-in-law to just tell him to put them somewhere else was a bit much.  They could have gotten some floating shelves to keep some more out in the open - they don't cost much.  I also got the feeling that what Jessa really wanted was for Jeremy to get rid of some of his books.  The way she treated his painting also made me think something similar.  It was as is she thought if they put it off long enough, there would be either no space for it or he would forget about it.  For god's sake, he just wants one picture out of all the junk they jammed onto his walls.

I could be totally wrong but I got the idea that the Jessa/Jeremy clashing was exaggerated for the show if not totally staged. Either way they were definitely playing it up for the camera. I think they realize how repetitive & dull their show is getting. 

18 hours ago, nst said:

now I have to rewatch the scene where Jinger mouths to Jeremy I can't - that speaks volumes. 

That says - just let have her way and we can do it our way - hopefully. 

But see then Jinge is not completely screwed over by Jessa if  she actually mouthed that. 

But what must Jeremy think is the real question - ooh all sounds Machiavellian 

If that happened I think it might show a closness between Jinger and Jeremy. I can see myself doing that with Mr. Way in an uncomfortable situation and him just getting it without words. I hope Jinger finds that sort of understanding in her marriage. 

Duggars: *make a point to hang up every ass-ugly neon-vomit-looking Precious Jewel painting from that one episode into the ~light and bright~ new Jinger home because "it tells their story"*

Same Duggars: Rembrandt? *shuffle on hanging picture because we suddenly have a theme* *and that theme is Everything But Jeremy's Shit* *not that I feel bad for him* *What's a few things in exchange for Jinger's soul?* 

:kitty-shifty:

8 hours ago, GotCaughtDancing said:

Also I think Jessa being aggressive with the house decorating is partly due to it being a woman's job. The way the Duggars stress these roies and jobs according to sex is nuts. So I don't think it even dawned on Jessa or Jinger that the apartment is also Jeremys, since it is the woman who makes it a home. That and Jinger does like to assert her power over anyone when given the chance and Jinger has always been an easy mark.

It is amazing how little control these women truley have. I think that is why you see them get all nutty over a courtship, wedding, pregnancy, it is one of the few times anything is about them.  When they can talk about themselves etc. But I have noticed even with pregnancies these guys will annouce it  to the families etc. The dynamics in these relationships are nuts!

But can Jinger quit looking at Jeremy with crazy eyes please! So many shades of Michelle in the googly eyes. lol She just stares at him all dreamy, even when he looks away and talks to others. It reminds me of a love struck tween. Hmm wonder why, lol

Yeah "dreamy" eyes. Sex is probably mind blowing right now. Bet Jeremy didn't need a freakin book either. He's got her wrapped around every inch of him. They have probably changed the house decor and bought book shelves by now. Jeremy just played nice for the cameras. Just my opinion.

8 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

My guess is that she went with the Forsyth's or at least one of them. They didn't want that mentioned because they wanted to stage Austin asking her to court. Therefore, she was "alone." 

I forgot to watch.  I didn't even realized I had miss it until this morning.   What triggered my memory was seeing on Facebook that DerJil are having another boy.  That's probably a good thing.  Izzy can help out a lot with his baby brother. 

Thank you to @Buzzardfor the recap and everyone else who has commented about the episode. 

I've decided not to watch the show again, but just to read recaps and comments from now on. 

9 hours ago, GotCaughtDancing said:

Seriously, if I looked at MrSnazzy like that, he would be rushing me to the ER, fearing I had a stroke.

In the scene where the boys were heading out to go to a car auction I noticed a guy sleeping on the couch.   Could that have been (gasp!) Josh's crew cut balding head? 

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived