IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 2, Different Show, Same...

choralcrusader8613

On 1/27/2017 at 11:48 PM, MamaJunebug said:

i wasn't paying attention when Josh & Anna married. Her family is not wealthy--what kind of reception did they provide?

From what I remember, the ladies at Anna's church made the food. I don't think it was a full meal, but they had appropriate Hors d'oeuvre type food.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

I'm pretty sure Joy is his favorite sister in law.

I think she would be mine, a little snarky a little spunky, she doesn't seem as dull as Jill or as bitchy as Jess, and Janna is just very proper, she's got this older elegance about her, I'm sure she's probably a raging bitch when it comes to dealing with children and keeping everyone in line (you have to be with so many of them) but she's gonna do it in a pair of classy, knee length tasteful skirt, pearls and a matching cardigan & cami  combo.    

I'm not one for dumping kids on GPs, but that would have been a perfect weekend for SES to spend time with either set of GPs. The Seewalds would have been a good choice. They could have even come up to Jessa's home if that 6 hour roundtrip was too much for the unemployed Jessa (24) and Ben (21).

1 hour ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

From what I remember, the ladies at Anna's church made the food. I don't think it was a full meal, but they had appropriate Hors d'oeuvre type food.

Josh and Anna's wedding is the only one that was truly on a "shoestring budget."

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Josh and Anna's wedding is the only one that was truly on a "shoestring budget."

Right! Let me know if Joy goes to David's Bridal for a cheap dress rather than a boutique. Ha

It's not Jeremy that has to put his foot down, it's Jinger. She is the one who needs to grow a backbone. If she is going to allow her sister to walk all over her, she will allow Jeremy to do so as well. I am a big believer that if your side of the family is interfering it is your job to deal with it. That is the only way to sometimes get family to listen.  My guess is that Jinger has always been fine with Jessa speaking for both of them since Jessa was more likely to talk back to their parents and any benefit Jessa received from that, Jinger did as well. 

31 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I'm not one for dumping kids on GPs, but that would have been a perfect weekend for SES to spend time with either set of GPs. The Seewalds would have been a good choice. They could have even come up to Jessa's home if that 6 hour roundtrip was too much for the unemployed Jessa (24) and Ben (21).

ONly to be devil's advocate, maybe she is still nursing at this point in time, Spurge wasn't a year yet, so it's possible.

14 minutes ago, socalrules said:

It's not Jeremy that has to put his foot down, it's Jinger. She is the one who needs to grow a backbone. If she is going to allow her sister to walk all over her, she will allow Jeremy to do so as well. I am a big believer that if your side of the family is interfering it is your job to deal with it. That is the only way to sometimes get family to listen.  My guess is that Jinger has always been fine with Jessa speaking for both of them since Jessa was more likely to talk back to their parents and any benefit Jessa received from that, Jinger did as well. 

She doesn't have to grow a backbone in her eyes because Jessa was the backbone and Jeremy is the backbone.

She will learn or is learning as we speak that things are different. 

Hopefully in the new episodes down the road we will see a side of Jinger that is different

like perhaps a different above the knee skirt or something radical like a different color hair

9 minutes ago, karen77 said:

ONly to be devil's advocate, maybe she is still nursing at this point in time, Spurge wasn't a year yet, so it's possible.

I loved it when she saw Spud crawling and she was like get on your knees you can get on your knees.

If she has a girl it will be fascinating how she talks to her  because the way she talks to Spud is very matter of fact opposed to babyish

1 hour ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

I remember croissant sandwiches and salad in large bowls like potato salad. 

1 hour ago, karen77 said:

SOmething tells me that if she was still nursing she'd be rubbing it in our faces every chance that she can.

1 hour ago, nst said:

If she has a girl it will be fascinating how she talks to her  because the way she talks to Spud is very matter of fact opposed to babyish

I'm surprised you think so. I think she definitely talks to Spurgeon in a particularly affectionate and sweet manner. She's not one for baby-talk in general, but she has a mom voice for sure

1 hour ago, karen77 said:

Maybe- this was 6-8 weeks before the wedding so sometime in September. Wasn't she already 4-5 months PG by then? 

I'm thinking the likelihood that she was still nursing was probably quite low. Plus SES was shown eating all kinds of table food last season, so I'd assume his milk consumption was probably on the lower side. I am sure she pumped at some time-

A kid in the middle of moving and furniture buying/moving is just a drag. Ben would have been much more helpful without SES.

4 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

I'm surprised you think so. I think she definitely talks to Spurgeon in a particularly affectionate and sweet manner. She's not one for baby-talk in general, but she has a mom voice for sure

Everytime I can hear her I think she adores him. I even think that Spurge will be her momma's boy over every daughter. The girls will only wear pink (or some girlie mint) and giant flower/bow headbands just to not be mistaken for a boy. 

3 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

I remember they had sandwiches. The ladies mixed the tuna and chicken salads with their hands, Sandwiches were on croissants. They also had cheese and crackers. Cake and it was inside!

13 minutes ago, Helena Handbaket said:

I remember they had sandwiches. The ladies mixed the tuna and chicken salads with their hands, Sandwiches were on croissants. They also had cheese and crackers. Cake and it was inside!

A far cry from Ben and Jessa's pitiful wedding.

I'm sure Jessa was irritating but I kind of like that she's bossy and bitchy. Most women in that cult aren't allowed to be assertive, it seems they never truly broke her spirit. Jinger even called her visionary; a world usually reserved for men. 

She'd annoy the piss out of me if she were my friend though. Not a fan of her self-desribed black and white thinking

I'm watching the episode right now. Derick gagging is not good entertainment. Ew.

ETA; Joe looks good in this episode! If he weren't fundie I could totally consider dating him (I haven't seen my boyfriend in a month so I might not be very picky rn lol)

Watching Jessa aggravate Jeremy got me thinking what if instead of being passive aggressive like he is with jboob he does put his foot down with Jessa at some point. Does this mean that Jinger has to follow suit because it was a decision her headship made?  I do think Jeremy can out play the passive aggressive games of Jboob, I just wonder how long that will last. I have a feeling it is a good thing they live far enough away from the tth that Jeremy is not having to interact with the duggars 24/7 and that Jinger's parents aren't in the middle of their business.   Still it has me thinking what if there was a falling out of some sort and Jeremy refused to take part in their shenanigans would Jinger be expected to follow suit?

I feel like I can kinda, sorta, not really see what TLC is going for. Quirky, big family comes in to revamp bachelor pad! Using the goofy, dorky guy trope (the boys buying a boat, Jeremy "letting" himself be bossed around, etc), lots of people in a small space- hilarity ensues (even though it just reads as obnoxious). It's like TLC is botching their attempts at making them look relatable a la the Bates.  The Bateseses had this identical episode, yet UP was able to make it so much more palatable ( while still maintaining the horrible beliefs). 

Jill has a narrowed carotid artery?? I hope she doesn't stroke out while giving birth!! Joy seems like she just can't help herself from flirting with Jeremy lol, she's being so extra. I felt bad for Jana when she was talking about Jinger moving away. And with Joy likely getting married soon, Jana will be the only older girl left all alone in the TTH. Maybe she will enjoy all the extra space though. I think they should put up a wall to divide the girls' bedroom, giving Jana her own room!! That would be very neat. BTW: That "Blessed Mama" shirt on Jessa is hurting my eyes. So incredibly tacky and redneck, just like the gross "Touchdown" shirt she wore once on IG. 

6 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

That was my thought as well, the way Jana is promoted on the show for future husbands is through her amazing decorating skills. Then there's decorating to do...and they leave her behind. Jessa must really have much influence on how the show is put together. Urgh.

I'd love to fast forward 5 years. Jeremy is keeping sweet now for Jinger, whom I do think he cares about, but that can't last. He will (have to) put his foot down towards Jessa and we all know that's gonna blow up, Jessa can't accept that. And since Jessa and Jinger are "so close", there's gonna be trouble in paradise. 

Yes to this comment - however, to the bolded/general discussion: Jessa had to go, otherwise it breaks the show's sacred Jinger Jessa bond storyline. Jessa and Jana couldn't possibly share that tiny space decorating together, unless TLC decided to stop being the Duggar's "ministry" and really go full force with catering to the hate-watchers for rebranding needs. 

Also, I think it's pretty clear just based on this episode how Jessa's actually felt about that "buy used save the difference" crap. What are they doing with the old furniture? I assume they're selling it?

2 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

I'm sure Jessa was irritating but I kind of like that she's bossy and bitchy. Most women in that cult aren't allowed to be assertive, it seems they never truly broke her spirit. Jinger even called her visionary; a world usually reserved for men. 

She'd annoy the piss out of me if she were my friend though. Not a fan of her self-desribed black and white thinking

I so agree. I don't agree with a lot of what she says, but I appreciate that she's not the model of what a good girl should be in their cult. She probably had to endure a lot of abuse for being a strong woman who won't just roll over at the first command. 

4 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

I remember croissant sandwiches and salad in large bowls like potato salad. 

I remember the church ladies mixing things (potato salad?) with their bare hands. *gag*

Maybe Jeremy was just joking around trying to keep things light... trying to defuse Jessa till she was gone. I do like how JinJer are NOT all over the tabloids  or Facebook and Instagram and Twitter like the rest of them.

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived