IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 2, Different Show, Same...

choralcrusader8613

3 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Maybe Jeremy was just joking around trying to keep things light... trying to defuse Jessa till she was gone. I do like how JinJer are NOT all over the tabloids  or Facebook and Instagram and Twitter like the rest of them.

Jeremy has an actual job, and a congregation to take care of. He can't run his mouth off without thinking like Derrick. He can't risk offending his flock.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, sunshine said:

I am assuming Jana wanted to stay behind due to decorating differences.

She would have let Jeremy hang his painting and maybe not even hide his books. Which you know he took back out later, because he isn't going to stop reading and enjoying them just because he married Jinger.

He's kind of awesomely passive-aggressive; I think he'll bring Jinger around to the idea that she can, at the least, have her own ideas about a few things that are different from Jessa's. Loony philosophy aside, I figure he's mostly a regular adult-type person off-camera.

I don't know if we still hyphenate off-camera. Many of those are fading away. But I like it there.

Didn't we see books in one of the "happy birthday/congrats" videos they posted or am I imagining things?

Also, I didn't watch the episode, but I can't believe they wouldn't let him hang a REMBRANDT!! That's a legit piece of art most people (aka me) would kill to have in their house. These people don't know anything. 

On 29/01/2017 at 2:47 PM, freedom_for_all said:

I have no idea where in the world my SO and I will have our wedding. He is British and lives in the UK along with most of his family, I live in the North East with some of my extended family, my direct family lives in the South, and three of my four grandparents live in California. All my grandparents are 87 or above. Also, I have cousins in the UK and Northern Europe. And it isn't even a big family. What is the proper thing to do in this situation?

My mother in laws friends daughter ended up having 4 weddings due to a similar situation. The daughter was from Bulgaria and her husband from Brazil and they met at school in the UK. They ended up having 4 weddings (1 in Bulgaria, 1 in UK, 1 in Brazil and 1 here in Canada) with the one here being the legal/official one, and each side paying for their own wedding/party (ex the wedding here was small and the meal was potluck).

Similarly, my fiance and I are getting married this April and are having it recorded and will put it up privately on YouTube to send to family who don't live here and can't travel here. We are, however, heading to Europe on our honeymoon and will be visiting our family that doesn't live here, so maybe they'll want to have parties, but a recording is good enough in my opinion :my_biggrin:

I just finished the episode, so I wanted to leave the rest of my thoughts about it here:

- JESUS FUCK DERICK you didn't even wait for your vomit and saliva to not be dripping down your face before you kept running? That was so gross, it was even worse seeing it flop onto his chin. Jill has to kiss this man... ew. I think he might have Shut The Fuck Up syndrome, it's where God tries telling you to stop showcasing what a self-righteous prick you are to the staff and clients at Planned Parenthood. :my_angel:
- I agree with the person on here who said that Jinger needs to grow a backbone. I kind of felt for her though, because I know with my social anxiety I easily become a pushover to people like Jessa, and it's hard when you've been raised to feel bad for ever being independent and disagreeable. You can see Jeremy was looking to her for some help when he realized Jessa was directing him to take his books into the closet, and she was shaking her head no and possibly mouthed, "I can't" and was clearly uncomfortable by the whole situation. I hope she gets enough space to come into her own person with this move, even if I think Jeremy is a massive douchebag and is just good at reserving his display of that for his website. I suspect she'll come into her own person in spite - not because - of him. I still don't think he deserves the benefit of the doubt just because he's a little more worldly and less inclined to "keep sweet" for TV than your standard Duggar. 

- Ben being all, "If it's any consolation, I've got books in my closet." I mean... I guess that makes sense, given Jessa's probably spent a lot of time in the prayer closet, which is where the books are. Maybe you need lots of shit to read in there... I don't know because I use my closet to hide/display messes (oh and clothes).

- You know, she's not much of a decorator if she can't even incorporate her clients' prized items into her designs...

9 hours ago, wandering woman said:

I'm sick of JInger swooning at Jeremy.  She gets this wide eyed, glassy look in her eyes and stares at him.

Hopefully she'll perfect the swoon over time.  For now, whenever she has one of these "moments", I wonder whether she's about to start drooling.  Who would find this attractive?

1 hour ago, mizandry said:

I just finished the episode, so I wanted to leave the rest of my thoughts about it here:

Shut The Fuck Up syndrome, it's where God tries telling you to stop showcasing what a self-righteous prick you are to the staff and clients at Planned Parenthood. :my_angel:

Lol. I find it unbelievably hateful of them to choose PP as the meet-up spot for the  March For (Fetal ONLY) Life. Derick & the Duggars are shaming and bullying women experiencing a painful time who aren't even causing any physical pain or suffering to anyone or anything. While supporting a president who wants to ban conscious, self-aware, ALREADY-BORN refugee kids!!! Just sick. 

@VeganCupcake... they showed him putting books in a backpack and him saying he had to study on the trip, and I think Jessa also mentioned it in her TH. 

I thought it was previously mentioned that he was doing online classes for for the ministry... Not siure if that was the community college though. 

I did not like the Jeremy decorating scene. From what I saw in TLC clip, I think that Jeremey and Jinger should decide what they wanted instead of Jessa running the charge. Jeremy seem to love whatever Jinger likes. So, they are living in a apartment decorated by Jessa.  Jinger, what is your style with Jessa?

Sooooo...partly because I'm a creeper but mostly because I'm procrastinating doing my history homework, I dug up some videos of Jeremy on YouTube

I found one yesterday of him leading a men's bible study (at the pool house because Jason and Jeremiah were there). Can't find it on youtube now which is frustrating. It made me realize that Jeremy is very charismatic and not budging in what he believes...he's actually quite like Jessa. Doesn't seem to back down easily, assertive and very charismatic. He's quite intelligent and very convincing. I see how, growing up with Jessa who always took the lead, Jinger would like a person like Jeremy. 

He seems like he cares about her and will treat her well (I hope) but he will definitely be making the decisions in that household. Also like Jessa, Jeremy focuses his sermons on how people are not Christ-like enough etc. I know that's to be expected but you'd think with all his expository preaching and research and examples he'd make more interesting and/or helpful conclusions in his sermons. 

He fascinates me, there's something about him I can't pin down. 

Ok, time to go read about Balfour Policy in Palestine. Woo

52 minutes ago, Dubiousclaire said:

@VeganCupcake... they showed him putting books in a backpack and him saying he had to study on the trip, and I think Jessa also mentioned it in her TH. 

I thought it was previously mentioned that he was doing online classes for for the ministry... Not siure if that was the community college though. 

No, Ben takes (or took, I imagine he's off this semester) online classes through Moody Bible Institute. Last fall was his first semester there after getting an AA from a real community college (last I heard, he majored in Poly Sci). 

2 hours ago, mizandry said:

- JESUS FUCK DERICK you didn't even wait for your vomit and saliva to not be dripping down your face before you kept running? That was so gross, it was even worse seeing it flop onto his chin. Jill has to kiss this man... ew. I think he might have Shut The Fuck Up syndrome, it's where God tries telling you to stop showcasing what a self-righteous prick you are to the staff and clients at Planned Parenthood. :my_angel:
- I agree with the person on here who said that Jinger needs to grow a backbone. I kind of felt for her though, because I know with my social anxiety I easily become a pushover to people like Jessa, and it's hard when you've been raised to feel bad for ever being independent and disagreeable. You can see Jeremy was looking to her for some help when he realized Jessa was directing him to take his books into the closet, and she was shaking her head no and possibly mouthed, "I can't" and was clearly uncomfortable by the whole situation. I hope she gets enough space to come into her own person with this move, even if I think Jeremy is a massive douchebag and is just good at reserving his display of that for his website. I suspect she'll come into her own person in spite - not because - of him. I still don't think he deserves the benefit of the doubt just because he's a little more worldly and less inclined to "keep sweet" for TV than your standard Duggar. 

- Ben being all, "If it's any consolation, I've got books in my closet." I mean... I guess that makes sense, given Jessa's probably spent a lot of time in the prayer closet, which is where the books are. Maybe you need lots of shit to read in there... I don't know because I use my closet to hide/display messes (oh and clothes).

- You know, she's not much of a decorator if she can't even incorporate her clients' prized items into her designs...

Just as a clarification on the bookshelf situation, since it sounds like there may be some confusion on this thread. *All* the books did not end up in the closet.

Jeremy has one really big three-panel bookcase and 3 smaller bookcases. All of the bookcases were previously in the living room. Jessa claimed they needed more room for seating in the living room for "bible studies" etc. so wanted to move some of the bookcases out. The big one stayed in the living room since it won't fit anywhere else. One of the smaller bookcases ended up in the office/guest room closet, one ended up in the office/guestroom itself, and one is in the main space of the master bedroom. So it's not terrible, though not ideal.  

And in Jessa's final talking head she did acknowledge that it was Jeremy's and (soon to be) Jinger's actual home, so she expected that they'd eventually move things around. Yes, she was pretty pushy in the process, but Jeremy and Jinger obviously can, and may already have, moved things since this was done over Labor Day weekend. It's not like she told them which house to buy, or even which *furniture* to buy, since it sounds like Jeremy and Jinger actually did pick their own furniture. (I think.)

@metheglyn is right.  There were 3 book cases in the living room.  The large one was left there.   I can understand making room for couches and an armchair.  Jinger specified that she wanted light colored furniture so that is what was bought.  Jinger also picked out a dining room table which JB&M picked up the tab for.  I don't see her nearly as much of a doormat as some of you do. And @Gillyweed I'm pretty sure that the 'Rembrandt' is not an original.  It looks nice over the dark couch where it ended up.

21 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Furniture in exchange for screen time? Must be, because getting all new stuff when Jeremy's stuffed, although dated, was perfectly fine flies in the face of "saving the difference and maintaining a budget." Who cares if you like darker woods and creams vs oak. Getting all new stuff flies in the face of what they have been preaching for years.

I didn't see the show, but are they really arguing about creams vs oak?  This is like her first apartment ever, I remember when we were all getting apartments around mid-college or right after.  You were happy if it didn't have bugs and great if you had leftover curtains from the previous tenants and didn't have to get new ones..  You hit the jackpot of someone had a 3-seater sofa from their parent's basement.  No one cared about matching colors or woodwork.  I still believe they all went there and fussed incessantly over decorating a, what, 2BR apartment? because as usual they have nothing else to do in their lives. 

20 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I wonder if Jeremy's mother church provides his housing? Isn't that usually a benefit of the preacher gig?

Could it be all that great?  That sounds to me like free housing (the basement) is a benefit of staying at your parents' after you're in your 20's.

11 hours ago, mizandry said:

now I have to rewatch the scene where Jinger mouths to Jeremy I can't - that speaks volumes. 

That says - just let have her way and we can do it our way - hopefully. 

But see then Jinge is not completely screwed over by Jessa if  she actually mouthed that. 

But what must Jeremy think is the real question - ooh all sounds Machiavellian 

1 hour ago, anotherone said:

I didn't see the show, but are they really arguing about creams vs oak?  This is like her first apartment ever, I remember when we were all getting apartments around mid-college or right after.  You were happy if it didn't have bugs and great if you had leftover curtains from the previous tenants and didn't have to get new ones..  You hit the jackpot of someone had a 3-seater sofa from their parent's basement.  No one cared about matching colors or woodwork.  I still believe they all went there and fussed incessantly over decorating a, what, 2BR apartment? because as usual they have nothing else to do in their lives. 

Could it be all that great?  That sounds to me like free housing (the basement) is a benefit of staying at your parents' after you're in your 20's.

Poverty living when getting your first apartment is really a rite of passage.

My first apartment was with a roommate and we had to share the single bedroom and sleep on borrowed twin beds, no living room furniture at all.  I vividly remember waking up one night to find roomie having sex with some guy she'd just met only four feet from me.  I should have shouted at them, but it was embarrassing so I just put my head under my pillow and jammed my fingers in my ear until it was over.  Later I awoke to find the asshole standing next to my bed and breathing heavily.  I pretended to be asleep until he climbed back into bed with roomie.  We had a nice chat the next day about overnight guests.

Then I moved into a studio apartment and again had to borrow a bed, but since the place was once a motel I had a built-in dresser/desk.  A previous tenant had put shelves in the closet so I had a place to keep my clothes.  I used to leave all of my kitchen appliances (like the broken coffee maker) out on the counter so it looked like I had more things.  When I first moved in, the freezer portion of the mini-fridge was filled with frost.  I spent the day defrosting it and found a half bag of frozen french fries in the back.  No idea how long they'd been there, but I ate them anyway.  I had to bake them on a sheet of foil because I didn't own a baking sheet at that time.  It was a treat after eating endless meals of Ramen noodles.

21 hours ago, MoonFace said:

How come Joy was allowed to be alone with Jeremy?   He picked her up at the airport and didn't have an accountability partner there!

Wasn't she also alone with Ben?  I predict Joy-gate 

47 minutes ago, anotherone said:

Not saying this just to you, but Joy has been mentioned a ton because we saw her alone with both Ben and Jeremy, and a few people mentioned how she was flirting with Jeremy.

I get nervous about these kind of thoughts being listed because we know they read here./have friends who read here/TLC reads here and I wouldn't want them to punish/train her or make her more robotic. Remember, we see their interaction as completely normal for a sister in law/brother in law to connect that way. But for them, they may try to beat (figuratively) that out of her.  I don't want a Joy scandal about these things for something that is really not scandalous at all :(

46 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Not saying this just to you, but Joy has been mentioned a ton because we saw her alone with both Ben and Jeremy, and a few people mentioned how she was flirting with Jeremy.

I get nervous about these kind of thoughts being listed because we know they read here./have friends who read here/TLC reads here and I wouldn't want them to punish/train her or make her more robotic. Remember, we see their interaction as completely normal for a sister in law/brother in law to connect that way. But for them, they may try to beat (figuratively) that out of her.  I don't want a Joy scandal about these things for something that is really not scandalous at all :(

If you, me, and a bunch of other people here viewed her as flirting, i'd say tons of other viewers saw it too. And if its flirting, that is *not* completely normal for a bil and sil to behave.

I really dont think any offhand comment here is going to have that much influence over TLC.  Tons of opinions about freeing the children have been expressed here, to no avail. TLC knows exactly which parts of the interactions they're choosing to cut and to leave in. Now that i think about it, they may have given that impression on purpose.

I mean, I didn't think it was flirting, It's joking around, which is something that is normal. We just aren't used to seeing any type of humor or joking with the Duggars, which is why it stands out. 

I do understand what you are saying though- thinking how much we say things here may not actually affect anything. However, it is why we have the policy of not speculating on the sexuality of 18+ kidults who still live at home- we don't want to make their lives worse than they already are.

3 hours ago, anotherone said:

But was she really ALONE? The camera crew was there... 

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/monday-cable-ratings-jan-30-2017/

Looks like they ranked 95/100 top cable shows Monday night with a 0.3 and 1091,000 viewers.  The 11 PM showing of "ginormous food" was apparently more interesting than this crap.

HOW MUCH MORE WILL TLC HOLD OUT FOR?

I'm almost done with this episode.  I will say I am impressed with Jeremy's keeping sweet attitude for his fiancee even when Jessa is pushing his limits.  I also think that a year from now she will not be invited to weight in on the nursery.  

I also want to thank @Buzzard for her continued recaps.  I know that with the little hatchling coming soon we will not get that for the entire season.  You deserve some sort of medal or award.  The FreeJinger Medal of Honor for Continued Service.   

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived