IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 2, Different Show, Same...

choralcrusader8613

I've been at a meeting since 5:30.

Apparently, I missed nothing. Nothing at all.

Oh ---- I got to hold & cuddle the cutest 3.5 week baby boy.  All is right with the world. 

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, sunshine said:

I am assuming Jana wanted to stay behind due to decorating differences.

No kidding. It is kind of hard when you have Jessa in charge. Even though it's Jana they all call when they need the real fixing up and handy work.

2 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Is he pregnant? Google always tells me I'm pregnant! 

Lat time my kid had a cold she googles it.  Runs to me and says she either has  1) lung cancer 2) emphysema or 3) phenomena.  Gee such a drama queen. Ummm wonder where she leaned that? :pb_rollseyes: 

7 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Didn't Fedosky have his license revoked due to selling Rx meds on the black market? Did AR actually reinstate his licensure? Otherwise, he's no better than his wife, the faux midwife (doula) who botched Jessa's delivery and ran like hell when the TLC cameras showed up. 

I looked it up. According to a DEA website, he was writing fake Rxs and the drugs were "for personal use."  Apparently Jill used to babysit for them.  I'm guessing Dereck and JillyMuffin don't have health insurance (is he working?),  have a "shoestring budget" for medical bills, and had to see  Dr. he's-a-friend-and-not-charging-us-in-exchange-for-tv-exposure.  Doesn't TLC vet this shit?!  

12 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Is he pregnant? Google always tells me I'm pregnant! 

Either that or cancer! Maybe pregnant cancer! 

Ugh I know this has been already said; but is TLC intentionally making this boring? Moving is stressful; aka perfect for non-scripted drama. Know what would have been awesome: a scene where Jeremy pulls Jingers aside in a separate room (mics still on of course) and he tells her to control her sister with a bit of colorful language. How Jeremy felt about Jessa decorating his apartment was written all over his face. Show it.

Exploit. That. Shit.

Seriously TLC you have a goldmine of entertainment here, but it feels so restrained. TLC you make low-brow, bottom of the barrel reality TV, why do you act like a constrained PR team to the Duggars? Jim Bob has nothing on your legal team. If the Duggars want to continue making money from your network, let it be on your terms. 

Why would you pack decorations in suitcases and pay baggage fees, instead of shipping them?  But at least Jessa figured out how to rearrange to get the suitcases weighted equal for the fees. 

Hurricane Jessa hit Laredo...Ben went along to babysit, "study" and move heavy furniture. 

Joy was quite flirtatious with Jeremy! 

The boys going to the car auction to get Jinger a car... without Jim boob! How did J**** buy a boat... Do they have their own money? I assumed Jim Bob fronted the car money... But I think he would blow a gasket if the J**** boy came home with a speed boat. J**** because I don't remember which J boy it was. 

I was surprised the Dillard's were going to a real doctor for well visits... slightly concerned when he said he was a friend of the family... Like not a real doctor.  But my hope was restored when he referred Derek to an allergist and Jill for an ultrasound. Really TMI on all the gagging footage though. 

I feel like maybe TLC or Duggars have been reading here, and worked really hard to address concerns . .. Adult kids traveling without parents, going to real doctors, Ben studying for college, adult boys doing something that resembled work, or at least a worthwhile endeavor. 

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

This is what we did too.

Our daughter took the money and has a nice starter home.

Smart kid. My grandma offered my mom money for a wedding, or money to finish COLLEGE! And my mom chose to drop out of college and have the wedding. Unbelievable. 

@Side Hugs and Spray Tans About Derick and the insurance, I believe someone said he works at a furniture store but I doubt he is full time so probs no insurance. The Duggars are definitely not rich enough to be chancing it with no insurance, if that is indeed what they are doing. Even most very wealthy stars have insurance. I remember on Real Housewives of Atlanta, Kandi Burruss (songwriter for TLC and Beyoncé and super rich) having a baby and mentioning something about her insurance. 

@Dubiousclaire What's Ben studying for? Didn't they already show him graduating from whatever "college" he was going to? 

5 minutes ago, Side Hugs and Spray Tans said:

I looked it up. According to a DEA website, he was writing fake Rxs and the drugs were "for personal use."  Apparently Jill used to babysit for them.  I'm guessing Dereck and JillyMuffin don't have health insurance (is he working?),  have a "shoestring budget" for medical bills, and had to see  Dr. he's-a-friend-and-not-charging-us-in-exchange-for-tv-exposure.  Doesn't TLC vet this shit?!  

For the newbies: 

https://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/fed_regs/actions/2011/fr1117_5.htm

2 minutes ago, Dubiousclaire said:

The boys going to the car auction to get Jinger a car... without Jim boob! How did J**** buy a boat... Do they have their own money? I assumed Jim Bob fronted the car money... But I think he would blow a gasket if the J**** boy came home with a speed boat. J**** because I don't remember which J boy it was. 

I don't know if it was intentional; but I like how the scene where Jinger was talking about having to live on a budget/ live within their means was followed by the J-boys spontaneously buying a boat. 

Ironically the interaction in the scene with the boat among the boys seems much more genuine and natural than we've seen with the girls. Like I could totally see them all finding an excuse to go and "work on the boat", JD buys a 12 pack of Bud Light and they all sit on the marina drinking beer, dipping tobacco, talking about girls while they fix-up their boat. The girls seem like they are all sorority sisters who all secretly hate each other, but have to pretend to be nice for the sake of appearances. 

50 minutes ago, MotherOfDragons said:

I swear to Cthulhu, there's NO FREAKING WAY people hear "Duggar" and don't think "molestation", "cult", and/or "Ashley Madison". I'm struggling here, guys; I really am. I need faith in humanity.

I knew about the old ones. I just didn't know there was a scandal with Tabitha Paine's beau. No need to call on Cthulhu!

Somebody help me! What scandal with the Paine girl's fiancée?? At least, send me in the right direction to read for myself.

Oh, and Jill has a problem with her carotid  artery? Good idea getting PREGNANT, Mrs. Dillard.

And my final, somewhat annoying question... How was Jessa's delivery "botched"?  I know she had heavy bleeding post partum, but was there something else?    TIA!

So why did they need to take all the decor crap with them to Texas? You're telling me there's no Hobby Lobby in Texas?

DON'T GIVE UP YOUR BOOKS, JEREMY. 

13 hours ago, Helena Handbaket said:

Somebody help me! What scandal with the Paine girl's fiancée?? At least, send me in the right direction to read for myself.

Here you Go! 

Random thought- The TTH is looking junky these days. In the three minutes I've been watching the show, there is crap in the hallways, downstairs, the girl's room is a mess (if it wasn't for the fact that these girls are full grown adults, I'd give them a pass on a messy room). Tsk tsk Michelle.....maybe you shouldn't have put those chore packs away so soon. ;)

4 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

Random thought- The TTH is looking junky these days. In the three minutes I've been watching the show, there is crap in the hallways, downstairs, the girl's room is a mess (if it wasn't for the fact that these girls are full grown adults, I'd give them a pass on a messy room). Tsk tsk Michelle.....maybe you shouldn't have put those chore packs away so soon. ;)

I have this theory that Jessa went into one of those storage houses they have and randomly pulled out stuff to give to Jinge to pass it off as her own.  And the endless thriftyness discussions are a hoot when the boys buy a boat.  Granted I bet they got a steal for it but still 

1 hour ago, immodest_countenance said:

I don't know if it was intentional; but I like how the scene where Jinger was talking about having to live on a budget/ live within their means was followed by the J-boys spontaneously buying a boat.

I wonder whether there's even a body of water nearby for them to put the boat into.  Or do they just have so much time and money on their hands that buying and "flipping" a boat seems like a really good idea?

1 hour ago, Side Hugs and Spray Tans said:

Despite his issues with the DEA, Fedosky does have a current medical license in Arkansas. His original license was issued 9/8/1995 and was revoked 2/9/2005. His new license was issued 2/8/2008 and will expire 7/31/2017. He has not received a new DEA Certificate of Registration (to dispense scheduled substances), the most recent denial was in December 2011.

I'm unsure why Derick can't just take some Mucinex before he runs?

i have bad enough allergies/esophageal esophagitis that an allergist was necessary. 

I only caught about the last 15 minutes of the show. I swear I heard Jinger say that it was about 6 weeks until the wedding, then just a couple TH's later she said it was 8 weeks until the wedding. Did anyone else catch that or am I hearing things? Eight weeks seems to make more sense if this was filmed when there were "holiday weekend sales" which I assume to be Labor Day.

Is this another (albeit minor) instance of their timeline shenanigans? I suppose one of the TH's could have been filmed/re-filmed later than the rest.

3 hours ago, VeganCupcake said:

What's Ben studying for? Didn't they already show him graduating from whatever "college" he was going to? 

The graduation he was shown participating in was from National Park College, a legitimate but 2-year junior college in my lovely hometown of Hot Springs, AR. NPC is a good way to get your prerequisites done if you're not ready to move away to a full 4 year university. It does not, however, a full Baccalaureate degree unless you are in the Nursing or Education departments. Good computer department, if you just want to work IT for the city or something though. I don't know what he was studying.

15 minutes ago, Jencendiary said:

The graduation he was shown participating in was from National Park College, a legitimate but 2-year junior college in my lovely hometown of Hot Springs, AR. .

I see, sorry for the quotes lol. I never thought a Duggar/in-law would attend a legit non-religious school. But for him, and good for him seeming to realize that the TLC money train won't last forever, and hopefully planning to finish a 4-year degree. Now Derick needs to give up the missionary schtick and put his own degree back to good use. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived