IGNORED

Counting On: Season 3, Part 2, Different Show, Same...

choralcrusader8613

So, no filmed name announcement during a commercial break tonight? I figured they'd hold out until next week; it looks like I'm right. How stupid. He's not bloody royalty. 

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Counting on - Showing Izzy the future he'll never have - part 4

At Jill and Derick's house Izzy drinks tomato juice out of an aluminum can with a straw.

Derick explains that he and his father were pistol pete.  He explains that his dad died when he was a sophomore and he loved him.  OMG A SHIRTLESS PIC OF HIS DAD! HEATHEN! Derick says that his dad influenced him and "emulated" for us.

Derick plays with Izzy, chasing him... Cathy arrives andIzzy gets excited.

Jill - 3 years ago she was diagnosed with cancer and 2 years ago she was declared cancer free. She's back at work full time and being a full time grandma, she's awesome.

Its Jill's first time at homecoming.  She's excited to be "mrs pete."  She cant wait to see how izzy reacts to dreick as pistol pete.

They arrive in OK.  Derick leaves them for the parade.  

Jill explains that its "massive" and "the greatest homecoing."

Producer - what is homecoming

Bin - its an away game

Jed/Jer - I dont know

Jana/Joy - When everyone comes home

Jessa - a dance?

Jason - we're home schooled. We alwasy come home.

Jill is wearing a LONG jean skirt and ridiculous looking earings.  She sticks out horribly.

The other alums talk to Derick about his dad and how he was the first legacy.  They knew his dad... they get in a pickup and ride in the parade.

Izzy dances to the music.

JIll - I'm excited for him to experience the parade.  He loves music and is dancing iwth the music, clapping his hands, it was so cute.

The pickup with the "petes" arrives and Derick waives.  

Derick - it was really special seeing all that wraped up together.

At the stadium Derick dresses up to meet fans.  

"when I put the head on I'm not derick, I'm pete.  YOu have to get your headspace different."

Izzy hasnt seen him as pete before.  

Derick - he didnt know what to think.  (hes clearly scared)

Derick pushes him in the stroller.  "you point to this mustaches crust looking cowboy and say daddy..."

Derick explains that he studied accounting and economics

JIll -  I was homeschooled. You can decide whta you do. I became a CPM but ultimately I want to be a wife and mom.

Cathy takes them to a piece of concrete where they wrote their initials.  Derick didnt know it was tehre. 

JIll  - its special memories.

They arrive at a dorm.  There are a lot of emotional ties to this place.  Someone lets them in and they go to his room freshman and sophomore year (9 years ago).  Cathy cries and says she came there to tell him that his dad died.  he was playing a video game.  He wasnt sick, he just went to sleep and didnt wake up.  Apparently it was high blood pressure.

Derick - being back brought back memories. I enjoyed being there, since we've been back from CA we dont take any time for granted.   I'm hopeful about Izzy being pistol pete one day and we're calling him three pete.

Next week - looks like jinger's obituary episode plus... moving her shit to laredo, including a deer head.

Cathy's story about going to tell Derick in person that his dad died made me tear up, dammit!  It made me think of when my dad died and I had to tell my Mom and family.

Then I saw Jinger moving a deer head to Loredo, which was odd.

Bin - its an away game

Oh geez, apparently Mr. Binjermin "Football" Seewald doesn't know what the heck he's talking about. It's HOME coming, ya dolt, by definition it's played at the home stadium.

Just now, SamiKatz said:

Cathy's story about going to tell Derick in person that his dad died made me tear up, dammit!  It made me think of when my dad died and I had to tell my Mom and family.

Then I saw Jinger moving a deer head to Loredo, which was odd.

The story of Derick's father death was a little hard for me to hear because of the recent death of my old classmate (possible in a similar way). 

It seemed as though that Jill enjoyed herself & I wonder if she thought "I could have gone here". 

12 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

Why do they keep asking the Duggars questions they don't know the answer to? To make them look stupid? To make us pity their ignorance? Why is that good TV? 

But this is the Duggars.
We know that nobody working on their show knows ANYTHING about good TV:pb_lol:

Jilly said that each Duggar chooses what he or she wants to do after "high school", and the parents would be okay if any decided to go to college.  *cough* *bullshit* *cough*

Derick says we'd like to see Israel be a 3rd generation Pistol Pete, but "we'll see" ... possible translation: we'll see if we go too far down the fundie rabbit hole and see the light that higher education is scary and evil ...

Wow, that was boooooring. Kind of mad that I watched this instead of the Hallmark valentine movie I recorded. 

As soon as I saw that they were doing an escape room, I knew they were doomed. That plus all the TH questions are like a PSA about staying in school. Not a glowing recommendation for homeschooling. 

Jim boob and Michelle should actually be ashamed of themselves. Their kids appear ignorant, and they are promoting them on t.v. 

32 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

OMG she does ALL THEIR LAUNDRY?!?!?!?   What the hell does Moochelle do all day?!

Sweet Fellowship. You knew that. 

7 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Oh geez, apparently Mr. Binjermin "Football" Seewald doesn't know what the heck he's talking about. It's HOME coming, ya dolt, by definition it's played at the home stadium.

Don't they go to tons of college football games? According to social media they do. They can't pick up some common terminology, by reading a program or listening to announcements. 

1 minute ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Sweet Fellowship. You knew that. 

And serving Jim Boob's non- sandwich needs ... 

3 minutes ago, Side Hugs and Spray Tans said:

Jilly said that each Duggars chooses what he or she wants to do after "high school", and the parents would be okay if any decided to go to college.  *cough* *bullshit* *cough*

Derick says we'd like to see Israel be a 3rd generation Pistol Pete, but "we'll see" ... possible translation: we'll see if we go too far down the fundie rabbit hole and see the light that higher education is scary and evil ...

I think Jill would freak out if Israel wanted to go away to college. 

Just now, Dubiousclaire said:

I think Jill would freak out if Israel wanted to go away to college. 

Worse than the ShowerRack fright. 

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 8:22 PM, GoneDownTheRabbitHole said:

Is this a video filmed in their apartment? If so, the bookshelf went back up, muahaha!

I think that light colored bookcase was the one that had to stay because there was no other place for it to go. The darker colored cases were 3 separate units that she moved around.

5 minutes ago, Dubiousclaire said:

Don't they go to tons of college football games? According to social media they do. They can't pick up some common terminology, by reading a program or listening to announcements. 

Ben even spent a semester at the brick and mortar version of his online community college. During football season. I would expect even a CC in the South to have at least a homecoming game, even if they don't go all out on parades and all the other activities that 4-year schools tend to do. 

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

Counting on - Showing Izzy the future he'll never have - part 4

At Jill and Derick's house Izzy drinks tomato juice out of an aluminum can with a straw.

Derick explains that he and his father were pistol pete.  He explains that his dad died when he was a sophomore and he loved him.  OMG A SHIRTLESS PIC OF HIS DAD! HEATHEN! Derick says that his dad influenced him and "emulated" for us.

Derick plays with Izzy, chasing him... Cathy arrives andIzzy gets excited.

Jill - 3 years ago she was diagnosed with cancer and 2 years ago she was declared cancer free. She's back at work full time and being a full time grandma, she's awesome.

Its Jill's first time at homecoming.  She's excited to be "mrs pete."  She cant wait to see how izzy reacts to dreick as pistol pete.

They arrive in OK.  Derick leaves them for the parade.  

Jill explains that its "massive" and "the greatest homecoing."

Bin - its an away game

Jed/Jer - I dont know

Jana/Joy - When everyone comes home

Jessa - a dance?

Jason - we're home schooled. We alwasy come home.

Jill is wearing a LONG jean skirt and ridiculous looking earings.  She sticks out horribly.

The other alums talk to Derick about his dad and how he was the first legacy.  They knew his dad... they get in a pickup and ride in the parade.

Izzy dances to the music.

JIll - I'm excited for him to experience the parade.  He loves music and is dancing iwth the music, clapping his hands, it was so cute.

The pickup with the "petes" arrives and Derick waives.  

Derick - it was really special seeing all that wraped up together.

At the stadium Derick dresses up to meet fans.  

"when I put the head on I'm not derick, I'm pete.  YOu have to get your headspace different."

Izzy hasnt seen him as pete before.  

Derick - he didnt know what to think.  (hes clearly scared)

Derick pushes him in the stroller.  "you point to this mustaches crust looking cowboy and say daddy..."

Derick explains that he studied accounting and economics

JIll -  I was homeschooled. You can decide whta you do. I became a CPM but ultimately I want to be a wife and mom.

Cathy takes them to a piece of concrete where they wrote their initials.  Derick didnt know it was tehre. 

JIll  - its special memories.

They arrive at a dorm.  There are a lot of emotional ties to this place.  Someone lets them in and they go to his room freshman and sophomore year (9 years ago).  Cathy cries and says she came there to tell him that his dad died.  he was playing a video game.  He wasnt sick, he just went to sleep and didnt wake up.  Apparently it was high blood pressure.

Derick - being back brought back memories. I enjoyed being there, since we've been back from CA we dont take any time for granted.   I'm hopeful about Izzy being pistol pete one day and we're calling him three pete.

Next week - looks like jinger's obituary episode plus... moving her shit to laredo, including a deer head.

Hasn't this all been shown before? The Dillards in OK, Pistol Pete, the jean skirt, Cathy showing Jill and Derick her first apartment with Derick's dad? Is this deja vu?

Dear God, Jeremy said Season of Life! What is in the water? Jessa seemed genuinely excited about the new baby and now that we know it's a boy, who remains nameless, awwww! Spurgeon is super cute. I'm behind on this thing. 

I have done an escape room twice. Each time there were three rooms you had to make your way through. One theme was an insane asylum and the other was a military bunker. Each time with had six college educated people playing. We never escaped from the third room either time. No way the Duggars could do it. The game involves a lot of critical thinking and the ability to find clues to solve puzzles that lead you to the next clue. Definately not Duggar friendly....Now I am mad I have to watch the episode just to see the escape room. 

17 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Dear God, Jeremy said Season of Life!

I personally retched a lil when I heard this.  He IS brainwashed.

1 minute ago, MarblesMom said:

I personally retched a lil when I heard this.  He IS brainwashed.

I did a double take and then made a face. Jeremy must be chugging back some koolaid. 

2 hours ago, Yaoichan12 said:

Derick really doesn't look pleased by losing. It makes me think about when Jill said she'll go with Derick's guess of the gender because he's always right and I'm wrong 

That really bothered me when she said that! They cut away pretty quickly at the end of her sentence, but she looked almost sad there. I just feel like...saying "because he's always right" could come out pretty normal, I would say that about my hubby on certain things. "Yeah, he's always right so I'll go with it." But adding "and I'm wrong" just made it so...negative and depressing.

Also, watching the making jewelry scene now and holy hannah, Michelle looks EXACTLY like my mom with those little glasses on!!!

3 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Counting on: "The Bachelor Party" - Part 1

So, Jessa birthed a future headship and Jilly muffin is baking one... Jinger and Anna may or may not be pregnant, but atleast we are spared the squicky pic of the 4 of them lined up... for now... so lets all enjoy Duggars locked in a room!

Thread title suggestion, Schrodinger's Uterus .

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived