IGNORED

Tori Bates' courtship- Part 3 Now Engaged - September 2017

samurai_sarah

Tori looked absolutely lovely, as did the bridesmaids, Bobby and groomsmen were also well-dressed, the decorations were nice - but most importantly, they both look really happy and relaxed together. I hope that happiness continues for them.

Sure, there are little things one can point out - her bouquet was a little too big for her, the midsection of her dress seems off somehow (maybe it's the looser fit, as others have commented, I am also not sold on the waistband but am not sure what would have looked better) and her hair was nice but maybe something else might have suited her face shape a little better.

But overall I have to say (just like with Jinger's wedding) I can't snark on anything. Tori (and those who helped her plan) did a great job, and I wish the new couple all the best.

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked the theme overall and the dress. I was a fan of Jinger's and this one is better I think. I would wear this dress as it is actually even though I don't like trains on dresses. I am not a big fan of purple so I would not have picked these colors but I like sffeeing them together and the whole set up works. Despite not being a fan of purple I did like the bouquet. I don't regret having such a small and not very fancy wedding but I do regret two things: not having a bouquet and not having a cake. For an extremely frugal wedding it was a sensible choice but having had at least a small cake and a single rose would have made it even better.

I hope i don't sound BEC because I'm not trying to snark but, man, black suits and black shoes on the men would have been stunning. Her colors would have popped more against black and her wedding dress was formal enough to hold up with black suits.  She had a really lovely wedding though, and looks very happy.   I think the pictures are great.  She's going to have some really nice pics to decorate with for her home.

A little bit amused that the reception hall was called "Bleak House". Let's go celebrate at Bleak House! Natch. 

Carlin, honey, have some dignity.  Stop publicly begging him to purpose, geez. 

Starting to catch up here at FJ.   So another Bateseseseses kid escapes Gill and Kelly's lair.    Can only be a good thing and I hope Tori and Bobby are happy, both radiate pure joy in their pictures.

That said, I thought Tori's dress was lovely.  None of this "modestifying" non-modest gowns, she did what Jinger did and it works.  Agree the bouquet is too big but the flowers and colors are really nice. 

I think Tori is the prettiest Bates bride to date. Her dress and wedding colors were beautiful. I wish more thought/skill had gone into her hair. Definitely not as polished as the rest of her look. 

Not a fan of long sleeved dresses or so much lace. They look old-fashioned. Too old fashioned for a young bride and her bridesmaids.

2 hours ago, FunDieDumDum said:

Tori looked absolutely lovely, as did the bridesmaids, Bobby and groomsmen were also well-dressed, the decorations were nice - but most importantly, they both look really happy and relaxed together. I hope that happiness continues for them.

Sure, there are little things one can point out - her bouquet was a little too big for her, the midsection of her dress seems off somehow (maybe it's the looser fit, as others have commented, I am also not sold on the waistband but am not sure what would have looked better) and her hair was nice but maybe something else might have suited her face shape a little better.

But overall I have to say (just like with Jinger's wedding) I can't snark on anything. Tori (and those who helped her plan) did a great job, and I wish the new couple all the best.

The waistband is throwing me off as well. I think its because of 2 reasons. 1. It draws attention to the fact that the top is white and the bottom is champagne with a completely different lace pattern and no crystals. 2. I wish it would be higher, closer to her bust line (I suppose that may not meet modesty standards) or lower, like a 1920's drop waist.  Its positioning just feels all wrong. 

@LegHumperBibleThumper YES! The belt/sash around her is too low, it isn't sitting on her waist like is should be, and agree if she didn't want to draw attention to her evil sin bags she should have dropped it just under her hips like a flapper dress. Either would have made the dress a perfect IMO.

I agree about the waistband and I do find that the dress has been modesty-fied for the worse, the fit around the mid-section and the waistband just don't look right. I think she wanted the modern look but due to these changes a lot of the appeal got lost. These types of dresses normally have the fit-and-flare cut, the "fit" part is definitely missing here...

Also, when there's a nude lining that's normally the "naked illusion" look, that's as opposite as it gets from modest so I'm not sure why a fundie would go for a look like that.

I love that the venue is called Bleak House. But I really enjoy Dickens. They probably don't know the reference. Or maybe they were allowed to read Dickens. Who knows.

I feel a little ashamed admitting this but i really like the song Lawson is singing while Tori and Bobbi do the plait- don't normally like his music but this one is very peaceful. 

6 minutes ago, purplepeony said:

I feel a little ashamed admitting this but i really like the song Lawson is singing while Tori and Bobbi do the plait- don't normally like his music but this one is very peaceful. 

And, she walked down the aisle to "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri, very non-traditional and modern!
I loooove that song and I'm secretly so happy she chose a song that is all about deep love, beautiful and elegant.

And the blueberry-lemon cake! More praise.

I'm pleasantly surprised/not-really-surprised by their wedding, it is lovely, tasteful and mature for two young people and I applaud them.

4 hours ago, LegHumperBibleThumper said:

The waistband is throwing me off as well. I think its because of 2 reasons. 1. It draws attention to the fact that the top is white and the bottom is champagne with a completely different lace pattern and no crystals. 2. I wish it would be higher, closer to her bust line (I suppose that may not meet modesty standards) or lower, like a 1920's drop waist.  Its positioning just feels all wrong. 

Yes, it may be that, especially the 2nd point. I don't think that the upper and lower parts differing somewhat is necessarily an issue, but as a "delineator" I think perhaps that waistband was both ill-positioned (I agree with you, placed a bit too low) and also maybe making a bit wider might have been better. I doubt myself somewhat on that last part though, and would want to see an example before stating that opinion definitively.

On 17.12.2017 at 8:39 PM, freethemall said:

I think we can all agree though that Tori's version of a Christmas theme wedding is better than Whitney's black and red, crunchy curl and a bolero affair.

The BM dresses are growing on me.

Cute shoes! Glad there's shoes involved in general...

I couldn't agree more. I would love to see what would Whitney wear now if she could have a chance to organize a wedding once more. Her fashion sense improved a lot since 2013.

46 minutes ago, fish_ca said:

I couldn't agree more. I would love to see what would Whitney wear now if she could have a chance to organize a wedding once more. Her fashion sense improved a lot since 2013.

Yes! Shameless plug that I just created a Bates wedding dress thread and that's exactly what I said about Whitney:

Personally I think Whitney would have looked PERFECT in Jessa's dress (the pink fits her bubbly personality more than Blessa's) and an updo.

Tori looks lovely. Taryn’s pictures aren’t actually as bad as usual. There are a few that aren’t great and she doesn’t really know how to pose people well. I actually really love Tori’s bouquet and her hair looks absolutely wonderful. I agree there’s something about the waistline of the dress that looks a bit off, but I usually blame those sorts of things on the modesty alterations she was bound to have done. 

Updating my spreadsheet and I'm looking for info on Bobby:

-Is his full name Robert?

-Do we know his middle name?

-Do we know his birth date?

TIA! :) 

7 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Updating my spreadsheet and I'm looking for info on Bobby:

-Is his full name Robert?

-Do we know his middle name?

-Do we know his birth date?

TIA! :) 

His Instagram name is Robert Ellis Smith so I imagine that's his full name. Wikipedia has his birth date listed as February 16, 1995 but I'm not sure what their source is.

Finally had a chance to read the People article and browse through a few pages (though still catching up i.e. what else is new :pb_lol:).
Anyways, the first time I saw Tori and her dress, was in the blurry side/back view, and my eyes bugged out because for a.split.second. I thought it was some sort of semi nude dress underneath the lace! :pb_eek:

Then I saw the HQ pics, and figured it out lol ~ I agree the dress is quite lovely!  And the more off white suits her coloring, but I did think the lace was still very bright, in contrast to the underneath piece, so it was a bit more distracting, versus blending (though hey, if that's what she was going for, then she pulled it off successfully!)  I think if the bottom piece had a *bit* more lace on it, and the sleeves a *smidge* tighter/fitted, it would have been perfect (jmo though - but really she looked beautiful, and more importantly, happy!).

I hope her and Bobbi are happy, and hope their joint social media accounts don't burst our happy bubble for them :pb_rollseyes:
Alsoplusalso, yesh Carlin, we get it, your turn next :pb_razz:

On 12/17/2017 at 4:15 PM, ScorpiousMalfoy said:

Ok, so after seeing this pic from Lawson's IG I retract my doubts about Tori's dress. It looks adorable here!

Screenshot_20171217-221110.jpg

Daggum! That little guy (JebJud?) looks just like Lawson!

I love her dress! 

Just now, BeccaGrim said:

Do we want to speculate about the monstrosity that Carlin will be in?

I see her in an over the top ball gown type of thing

3 hours ago, fish_ca said:

Agree with all said about Whitney, but we need to take into consideration that the Bates hadn't hit their peak of (relative) fame back in 2013. I'm sure that upTV paycheck helped Tori some.

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

I see her in an over the top ball gown type of thing

And as for Carlin, I can see her pulling a feminine ball gown a-la-Blessa. While she, along with Lawson, is my least favorite Bates, I can't help but think she'd be absolutely stunning in this look.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived