IGNORED

Jana's Future 3 - Baking and Real Estate

DaisyD

1 hour ago, eleanora3 said:

This is not true. The moment when he is "found" is not shown. It just cuts to him sitting on Jana's lap a little while later while his parents talk to the security guard. So it's very possible that he first went to his parents and then they left him with Jana while they spoke to the guard. Not defending the Duggars here, but just making sure we don't claim to know things that we can't possibly know.

I could swear that the original cut of the episode (I had it on VHS that I'd recorded when it originally aired; my father and I used to watch the 17/18/19 kac series together as a bonding thing) that they showed him being "found" and going right for Jana. I mean, I could be wrong, but I know that they edited a bunch of the episodes after first airing to make the family look better.

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, weirdemmaline said:

I could swear that the original cut of the episode (I had it on VHS that I'd recorded when it originally aired; my father and I used to watch the 17/18/19 kac series together as a bonding thing) that they showed him being "found" and going right for Jana. I mean, I could be wrong, but I know that they edited a bunch of the episodes after first airing to make the family look better.

Oh okay, very possible they edited it afterwards and I haven't seen the original. 

15 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

Yeah, what does Michelle do all day? Or why couldn't some of the teenage boys watch the little kids?

After the molestation they don't let boys babysit the little girls. They stated that on the Megyn Kelly interview. Hence Janna the slave I guess. 

Just checked the 2006 police report, because I remembered one of the Duggars saying something different to the Megyn Kelly Interview, and on pg. 27, one of the kids says this:

Spoiler

Screenshot 2017-02-13 13.16.35.png

So clearly at least one of the boys was babysitting at the time. Once again, Duggars cannot keep their stories straight to save their lives.

On 2017-02-11 at 2:37 PM, shiverful said:

Jana is a big mystery to me too! 

On one hand she seems much more down to earth than Jill/Jessa/Jinger, who all probably was really eager to switch out the life in the Duggar girls's room to something "more". I would love to think that she's just decided to not settle yet, waiting for the right opportunity. 

On the other hand she seems really shy and at the same time bound to her younger siblings and other responsibilities as a de facto mother of the eight under eighteen. I worry that the responsibilities combined with her shyness and the fact that she hasn't any independence leads her to think that the life at home is where she should be. After all, how and where would she ever meet a guy? Except as a tag-along for siblings, babysitting and chaperoning I have never seen her do anything outside the house - the mission trip with John-David several years ago being the exception. 

On 2017-02-11 at 3:20 PM, VeganCupcake said:

I googled the Tim guy, he looks so damn old! And creepy as well, I wonder WHY is Tabitha marrying him? It's very bizarre. 

@theilnana I also hope Jana will use the money from whatever venture she's doing with the tattoo building to gain more independence. I mean think about it how can she leave? She can't move off to college because of her lack if education. I doubt her earnings from the book & show would last long if she had to pay rent, bills, etc with no help from the parents. It makes me SO angry how funny parents ruin their kids chances at going to college by denying them a decent education. 

I have no idea why but I really feel sympathetic to Jana's plight. Left with no education, little marketable skills, and no financial assets other than the tattoo parlour (I really doubt that Jana has any access to her book royalties or her share of the TLC money, Jim Bob is too controlling to allow her to manage her own assets), I can't help but feel for her. Perhaps she really does enjoying raising her mother's children, perhaps she feels that she can actually do a better job than Michelle. Or perhaps she feels she has other options other than getting married to some creep or playing sister-mom. Whatever the case is I would just love to know what going on in her head. I don't feel that what we see is anything other than TLC scripted, Jim Bob approved, dribble. There is defiantly more there; she seem like a smart, creative women. My wish for her is that she actually gets to do something just for Jana. Something, anything that is only about her. JD at least gets to go to work everyday, but Jana only exists in relation to her family; she is only a daughter and a sister. nothing defines her outside the Duggar home, and for that I am sad

20 minutes ago, theilnana said:

JD at least gets to go to work everyday, but Jana only exists in relation to her family; she is only a daughter and a sister. nothing defines her outside the Duggar home, and for that I am sad

If she has thought about leaving, I bet fear is the main thing holding her back. The outside world must seem so daunting and scary. It did to me when I was about to enter public school for the first time. In fact I was so ill-equipped to function in the real world that I begged my mom to pull me out of school after two weeks, and then went back for good the next year. 

@choralcrusader8613 Good find. I can't even decipher what most of that report is supposed to mean with all the redactions. I can't believe they thought it made them look better to say they banned boys from babysitting, holding the girls, etc. Just makes them seem even crazier and more messed up. 

Homeschooled kids are accepted at  some colleges. They have to take the acceptance tests but colleges do accept them and not just Crown College!

Oh please, PLEASE let this be true. There are reports that Jana got some mighty fine roses for Valentines Day. She deserves to be happy. I can't paste the link, sorry, but google Jana and you'll see the photo. She looks really happy. 

20 minutes ago, CatchThatCow said:

Oh please, PLEASE let this be true. There are reports that Jana got some mighty fine roses for Valentines Day. She deserves to be happy. I can't paste the link, sorry, but google Jana and you'll see the photo. She looks really happy. 

Yeah, she was pictured by a vase of flowers opening a letter. Honestly take it with a grain of salt. I remember last year I think the DFO fb posted a message of how Joe gave each the girls flowers. Jana being the last single (and older) Duggar daughter, it wouldn't be odd that a brother or her dad gave her a special vase full of flowers and a card. The gossip sites will slurp up anything that looks "suspicious" or make something big that's not. It was a family/friend Valentine party. IMO I really don't think it's anything unusual. 

Does anyone know where that photo actually came from?  My dad used to get me flowers and a card for Valentine's Day every year. I'm thinking that's most likely what's going on here (that it's from Jim Bob or one of her brothers, I mean - I don't think my dad's sending Jana Duggar flowers).

15 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Does anyone know where that photo actually came from?  My dad used to get me flowers and a card for Valentine's Day every year. I'm thinking that's most likely what's going on here (that it's from Jim Bob or one of her brothers, I mean - I don't think my dad's sending Jana Duggar flowers).

The Duggar family Official fb released several pictures on Valentine's Day, and one with Jana and the flowers. On their fb, they explained how they were celebrating Valentine's in a slightly different manner (like not necessarily romantically based) by celebrating God's love for them and for each other. 

I just read the articles (I think Inquisitr released it first, then other gossip sites soon echoed something real similar) and it says how fans think she has someone since several commentators were saying they hoped it was from a suitor (like that's new!). The article isn't based on anything concrete. It's merely based on what the fans think and assume. Those flowers could be from her dad or the boatload of brothers she has. The pic is just the perfect picture to start speculation IMO

IMG_2128.JPG

21 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Yeah, she was pictured by a vase of flowers opening a letter. Honestly take it with a grain of salt. I remember last year I think the DFO fb posted a message of how Joe gave each the girls flowers. Jana being the last single (and older) Duggar daughter, it wouldn't be odd that a brother or her dad gave her a special vase full of flowers and a card. The gossip sites will slurp up anything that looks "suspicious" or make something big that's not. It was a family/friend Valentine party. IMO I really don't think it's anything unusual. 

Good point, and I know that this picture doesn't mean a courtship is coming and I know the media knows that Jana has a big fan base that would love nothing more than for her to court. So of course they will spin it that way. But I just can't help rooting for this young woman. It has to hurt, watching her sisters get married and start families, which she has said she wants for her future. I wish she had other options but she doesn't. The good news is she's not stuck with Dillard. Well, I hope the flowers are for her, regardless of whom (who?) they're from. She deserves it.

32 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Aw, but if he was and they got married you could teach her so much about life! :)

Carm_88, that photo of Spurge is adorable. Hope they leg him keep those locks. 

11 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

Aw, but if he was and they got married you could teach her so much about life! :)

Carm_88, that photo of Spurge is adorable. Hope they leg him keep those locks. 

Oh me too! He's adorable. 

As for Jana, if it is to make people think she's courting...mean! Jana is one of the favourites and people definitely want a happily ever after for her. I hope that she doesn't get a Derick or worst a Tim. Joseph did get the girls flowers last year, so that could definitely be part of it. Only time will tell. 

3 minutes ago, CatchThatCow said:

Good point, and I know that this picture doesn't mean a courtship is coming and I know the media knows that Jana has a big fan base that would love nothing more than for her to court. So of course they will spin it that way. But I just can't help rooting for this young woman. It has to hurt, watching her sisters get married and start families, which she has said she wants for her future. I wish she had other options but she doesn't. The good news is she's not stuck with Dillard. Well, I hope the flowers are for her, regardless of whom (who?) they're from. She deserves it.

I found the post when Joe gave his 9 sisters "a rose and a note" from 2015. It's obviously not impossible that this "tradition" or act has continued. And since she's the last Duggar sister left, it's also not impossible that Joe or one of her brothers or dad gave her a vase full of flowers and a card since she's the last one left. 

Jana watching all of her sisters find their husbands and leave must be very hard for her. And also considering that they're all years younger than her and she's been waiting for a long time, although she does have John. Putting myself in her shoes, If I was waiting to meet the one and saw 4 younger sisters of mine find theirs and leave, It would be very very hard for me!

IMG_2163.PNG

I don't know much about Joe but based on what I do know...he's a sweetheart. I remember a TH where he said if Jana was a crayon, she'd be the perfect color. I am probably a sap but that, to me, was the sweetest thing to say. I bet he never tried to run over a cat with a cookie sheet sled either. 

I'd take that picture with a can of salt actually. It could be she was just arranging the flowers Michelle got from JB. As she does with everything else in that household. 

I think if anyone knows what's really going on for Jana it will be John David. As her twin I think he might be the only sibling she would be open with. It's not as strong for him but I bet he gets some stick for not having sought a wife yet now he has the financial means to support one. JD seems totally over the reality show thing and I think the Josh thing hit he and Joe hard. Their parents were probably pushing Josh as a role model and he turned out a turd. 

In a dreamworld JD helps Jana execute an escape and they leave the Duggar compound and reality crap behind. 

On 2/15/2017 at 8:47 AM, Fighter said:

Homeschooled kids are accepted at  some colleges. They have to take the acceptance tests but colleges do accept them and not just Crown College!

When my daughter visited college or job fairs there was a lot of interest in her as a homeschooled student. Many are known for their work ethic and for being self-starters. 

On 2/14/2017 at 3:03 PM, theilnana said:

she seem like a smart, creative women

I want to agree but most times I wonder if it isn't just a case of her choosing not to prattle on in THs like her siblings do. What's the saying: "better to remain quiet and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"--?

I'm NOT saying Jana is a fool!  I'm saying that by remaining quiet, she's given us the opportunity to ascribe to her whatever we would like to see. 

Others doubtless interpret her quietness as attractive for its submissiveness and wholehearted acceptance of the QF poison.

While we hope that it means she has some smarts her siblings seem to lack. 

Who knows. I'll continue to hold out hope for Jana until informed otherwise. *sigh*

19 hours ago, danni9242 said:

I think if anyone knows what's really going on for Jana it will be John David. As her twin I think he might be the only sibling she would be open with. It's not as strong for him but I bet he gets some stick for not having sought a wife yet now he has the financial means to support one. JD seems totally over the reality show thing and I think the Josh thing hit he and Joe hard. Their parents were probably pushing Josh as a role model and he turned out a turd. 

In a dreamworld JD helps Jana execute an escape and they leave the Duggar compound and reality crap behind. 

JD definitely knows and I think he would do anything he could for her. I think it was during the graduation party scene, and TLC made Jana get on the house intercom to summon her brothers. She's giving out orders and JD is grinning at her, kind of teasing but mostly affectionate. I loved that. It is nice for Jana that he is still around for her, at least for now. One thing totally unrelated. How on earth does this family keep a lid on things? Where'd Jeremy come from? He'd obviously been unofficially courting Jinger for months, no way in hell did they just meet. Then boom, here's Austin. Almost everyone has a smartphone, why no pictures, no stories? I'm baffled at how they do it. I guess that's why I think Jana's future farmer could actually be around...somewhere....maybe.

5 hours ago, CatchThatCow said:

JD definitely knows and I think he would do anything he could for her. I think it was during the graduation party scene, and TLC made Jana get on the house intercom to summon her brothers. She's giving out orders and JD is grinning at her, kind of teasing but mostly affectionate. I loved that. It is nice for Jana that he is still around for her, at least for now. One thing totally unrelated. How on earth does this family keep a lid on things? Where'd Jeremy come from? He'd obviously been unofficially courting Jinger for months, no way in hell did they just meet. Then boom, here's Austin. Almost everyone has a smartphone, why no pictures, no stories? I'm baffled at how they do it. I guess that's why I think Jana's future farmer could actually be around...somewhere....maybe.

I think JD and Joe would be such great guys without the fundification, and I do wonder whether post Joshley they're seriously questioning at least some of their parents ways (seen as Josh wasn't repentant or healed at all). Both of them actually do 'real' jobs and seem to take their sisters out of the housework to do other stuff so they get a break now there isn't a large enough group of older girls who can go wherever, whenever.

I think the Duggars are very cautious but how they hide it so well I don't know as even going out in groups they have cameras for TLC or the courters do side hugs etc. Perhaps they're just careful about when they go and because they have students etc who stay with them they can brush it off. Or maybe the people of Tontitown/nearby don't give enough shits about them to bother 'outing' a courtship because it just gives them more publicity?

9 hours ago, CatchThatCow said:

How on earth does this family keep a lid on things? Where'd Jeremy come from? He'd obviously been unofficially courting Jinger for months, no way in hell did they just meet. Then boom, here's Austin. Almost everyone has a smartphone, why no pictures, no stories? I'm baffled at how they do it. 

They're quite good at keeping things down. But I do remember seeing Jeremy at Jessa's baby shower episode back in a October 2015. Then of course there was the series of videos Jeremy did with Ben in mid 2015. When all this was happening, I did cause me to raise an eyebrow wondering why this guy was spending a lot of time with Ben and the family.

As for Austin, he's been pictured with the family for years, like the airport pickup episode back in August 2016, and again I always thought of the possibility of something between him and a Duggar. Now looking back, the hints were very subtle but they were there. But the family did do a good job in making it seem like there was nothing there.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived