IGNORED

Jana's Future 3 - Baking and Real Estate

DaisyD

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Tabitha thread has more info than you'll ever want to know about his background.

2 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

If that's the case, then Chad and Erin are disgusting people.

Erin was asked about Tim on her Instagram. She deflected all questions to Tabitha's social media. I can't find a FB for her and if she's on Insta, it's under a pseudonym. But yes, it seems logical that Tabby visited Chad and Chad knew this guy with similar interests as his, and YAY! he even works at Clown College! What a catch! 

10 hours ago, marmalade said:

Erin was asked about Tim on her Instagram. She deflected all questions to Tabitha's social media. I can't find a FB for her and if she's on Insta, it's under a pseudonym. But yes, it seems logical that Tabby visited Chad and Chad knew this guy with similar interests as his, and YAY! he even works at Clown College! What a catch! 

I think Tabitha and Tim took their Facebooks down after the shit hit the fan.

Yes, I just read the Tabitha thread and learned that she had. I guess Erin didn't realize this, since it was her post that made me look for Tabby's social media in the first place. 

On 7.02.2017 at 8:21 AM, Bethella said:

I think Tabitha and Tim took their Facebooks down after the shit hit the fan.

I've seen Tim's notice of taking the account down before the shit hit the fan actually. He said that there are more important and 'godly' things in his life and he needs to focus on them now. More or less.

On 2/6/2017 at 6:24 AM, Gillyweed said:

It's idiotic how unmarried fundies spend more time with kids than married fundies do. 

Without all the helpers, the idea of having that many kids would probably look a lot more daunting to people! 

On 2/5/2017 at 7:50 PM, choralcrusader8613 said:

Michelle says in one of the books that she had the four oldest choose purity rings from rings she already had.

Considering how more mainstream figures were talking about purity rings (some ones from Disney?) around the same time the Duggars got popular, I would've thought they would've broadcast their use of them on the show as well. Or maybe I'm just forgetting. 

57 minutes ago, December said:

Without all the helpers, the idea of having that many kids would probably look a lot more daunting to people! 

Considering how more mainstream figures were talking about purity rings (some ones from Disney?) around the same time the Duggars got popular, I would've thought they would've broadcast their use of them on the show as well. Or maybe I'm just forgetting. 

The Jonas Brothers is who you are thinking of from Disney. ;) 

Completely unrelated and random. But don't you think that Jana looks just like a young Aretha Franklin? The eyes are practically the same, dyt?

aretha.jpg

jana3.jpg

aretha2.jpg

jana-duggar2.jpg

Looking at what Tabitha Paine is ending up with, convicted rapist Tim Robertson, only goes to show how small their dating pool is.  I feel that Jana may not have as many options as we think. Now the other girls have married outside the fundie community, but i feel that Jana really is looking for a IBLP guy. She seems the most committed to her role as a helper-daughter which makes me think she drank the most coolaid. On the other hand the tattoo parlour gives me hope that she may be trying to find a way out other than through marriage. I really wish the unmarried girls were actually allowed to speak candidly. Everything I read from them feels completed scripted until they get married. This is why I'm fascinated with Jana, I really have no idea what she's thinking. 

Jana is a big mystery to me too! 

On one hand she seems much more down to earth than Jill/Jessa/Jinger, who all probably was really eager to switch out the life in the Duggar girls's room to something "more". I would love to think that she's just decided to not settle yet, waiting for the right opportunity. 

On the other hand she seems really shy and at the same time bound to her younger siblings and other responsibilities as a de facto mother of the eight under eighteen. I worry that the responsibilities combined with her shyness and the fact that she hasn't any independence leads her to think that the life at home is where she should be. After all, how and where would she ever meet a guy? Except as a tag-along for siblings, babysitting and chaperoning I have never seen her do anything outside the house - the mission trip with John-David several years ago being the exception. 

On 2/9/2017 at 5:42 AM, theilnana said:

Looking at what Tabitha Paine is ending up with, convicted rapist Tim Robertson, only goes to show how small their dating pool is. 

I googled the Tim guy, he looks so damn old! And creepy as well, I wonder WHY is Tabitha marrying him? It's very bizarre. 

@theilnana I also hope Jana will use the money from whatever venture she's doing with the tattoo building to gain more independence. I mean think about it how can she leave? She can't move off to college because of her lack if education. I doubt her earnings from the book & show would last long if she had to pay rent, bills, etc with no help from the parents. It makes me SO angry how funny parents ruin their kids chances at going to college by denying them a decent education. 

Omg are they serious?! One episode after Jana "volunteers" to not go to Laredo, she's the only girl left out of the escape room party?! This is just getting sad. Michelle can babysit her own kids for a couple of hours!

4 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

Omg are they serious?! One episode after Jana "volunteers" to not go to Laredo, she's the only girl left out of the escape room party?! This is just getting sad. Michelle can babysit her own kids for a couple of hours!

Yeah, what does Michelle do all day? Or why couldn't some of the teenage boys watch the little kids?

4 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

Why couldn't some of the teenage boys watch the little kids?

Women's work you see. they can't possibly do that! :confused2:

7 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

Yeah, what does Michelle do all day? Or why couldn't some of the teenage boys watch the little kids?

But the teenage boys can't be left alone with the girls because they might be defrauded and led to temptation.  It's one of their rules to prevent inappropriate touching. Blech

On 2/5/2017 at 8:46 PM, luv2laugh said:

Is Jana using self tanner? Her hands are white compared to the tan forearm like she is wearing gloves to use self tanner or something?

IMG_5697.PNG

Depending on when this was taken, maybe Jana really is spending time in the garden?  I know when I garden I wear gloves.....

Kinda playing devil's advocate, but perhaps Jana really does like to spend time watching over the S/M/J-kiddos? She always has a baby on her. I doubt they force her to carry babies around. She has said she loves babies. Or maybe she just doesn't care for the cameras? As long as she is happy I guess, and that's something we just can't know to the fullest extent. I hope 2017 is finally her year though. Still hard to believe she's the last (older) Duggar daughter left!

3 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

I think that, by giving child raising responsibilities to sister moms that Michelle gave up all her power as a mother. I recall a discussion on here from over a year ago that, when the offspring (don't like to call adults children) were going to put on a performance for their parents' anniversary, there was some comment made by Joy about telling Jana if they didn't behave. Not mom or dad- Jana. I realize this was supposed to be a surprise pageant for them, but I thought it interesting that that was the threat. We also saw the birthday video of Jordyn, with JB and Michelle, that seemed very awkward, like they were a far away aunt and uncle that she barely knew. I truthfully don't think Michelle could get her children to behave. I see her as the very ineffective substitute teacher, whose students are constantly running amuck. I see Jana as the "mother" who is given respect, and the only one who can keep the teenaged boys in line. 

3 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

I think that, by giving child raising responsibilities to sister moms that Michelle gave up all her power as a mother. I recall a discussion on here from over a year ago that, when the offspring (don't like to call adults children) were going to put on a performance for their parents' anniversary, there was some comment made by Joy about telling Jana if they didn't behave. Not mom or dad- Jana. I realize this was supposed to be a surprise pageant for them, but I thought it interesting that that was the threat. We also saw the birthday video of Jordyn, with JB and Michelle, that seemed very awkward, like they were a far away aunt and uncle that she barely knew. I truthfully don't think Michelle could get her children to behave. I see her as the very ineffective substitute teacher, whose students are constantly running amuck. I see Jana as the "mother" who is given respect, and the only one who can keep the teenaged boys in line. 

Don't forget the early episode where a little boy (Jackson I think) got lost in airport.  He was found and went past Michelle & JB to Jana for comfort and a cry.

That struck me as one of the most profound moments in that show.  Upset kid choosing a sibling over parents for comfort, when parents were both there and available to give it.

7 hours ago, imokit said:

Don't forget the early episode where a little boy (Jackson I think) got lost in airport.  He was found and went past Michelle & JB to Jana for comfort and a cry.

That struck me as one of the most profound moments in that show.  Upset kid choosing a sibling over parents for comfort, when parents were both there and available to give it.

This is not true. The moment when he is "found" is not shown. It just cuts to him sitting on Jana's lap a little while later while his parents talk to the security guard. So it's very possible that he first went to his parents and then they left him with Jana while they spoke to the guard. Not defending the Duggars here, but just making sure we don't claim to know things that we can't possibly know.

7 hours ago, imokit said:

Well, weren't the parents also laughing at the situation? I've not seen the footage and apparently it's been wiped as well as TLC or somebody could wipe it. But when they heard that a child missing, or when they saw him being returned, they laughed like me watching a Weird Al video. Fun-NEE! And the boy headed for Jana.  Understandably!

9 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Well, weren't the parents also laughing at the situation? I've not seen the footage and apparently it's been wiped as well as TLC or somebody could wipe it. But when they heard that a child missing, or when they saw him being returned, they laughed like me watching a Weird Al video. Fun-NEE! And the boy headed for Jana.  Understandably!

Yeah I think I watched it when it first aired and it showed Jackson running toward Jana. I'm not certain but I could have swore that I saw it. 

On 2/9/2017 at 1:55 AM, eveandadam said:

Completely unrelated and random. But don't you think that Jana looks just like a young Aretha Franklin? The eyes are practically the same, dyt?

aretha.jpg

jana3.jpg

aretha2.jpg

jana-duggar2.jpg

Dunno about Queen Aretha, but Jana's smile as shown above puts me in mind of the Maxwell granddaughter who already looks to be over it. The granddaughter is 3 or 4 and hasn't learned to "smile nice" for the cameras. Jana has. Girlfriend has a plan and it isn't becoming the possession of some yokel who's enough like her dad to be approved by him. 

Nope. I have high hopes that Jana is far more autonomous than any of us expect, and way more than her parents fear. She's seen the family explode and watched her mother collapse under the weight of 7 children, then go on to birth 13 more. She has less-than-no illusions about how it is to raise infants and toddlers and pre-schoolers -- she's done that with  them ALL except JD, Josh and whatever sister or two are immediately after her. Now that there are other mother-figures in the TTH (Josh's wife and Jana's teen/tween sisters), Jana actually can disappear when too much mothering becomes too much.

Unlike Jill, she's not wide-eyed and trusting that someone will rescue her like she co-rescued her mom; unlike Jessa, she's not shrewd and manipulative that someone will step in for her like she co-supported her mom. 

She has seen that conceiving and gestating and birthing and lactating is no romanticized walk in the park.  

Nope, I think she's gotten herself into the best position possible, given the ridiculously restrictive (and even abusive) situation she's grown up in. As others have said, she has leverage against those piss-poor parents JB&M in a par with the leverage Anna has (if Anna ever chooses to use it).  And now with her first commercial property (that they've told us about) in her portfolio, Jana seems to me to hold a very decent hand in determining her own future. 

Remember: we see a fraction of what actually goes on at the TTH

At least, that's how I calm myself when I think about this weird excuse for a family, and about Jana, For Whom I Have Hopes!

On 9.2.2017 at 11:42 AM, theilnana said:

Looking at what Tabitha Paine is ending up with, convicted rapist Tim Robertson.

Well, she could end up with so many worse people than him, e.g. a liberal man or, heaven forbid, a woman. If you look it that way her fiancé is practically a great catch!

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived