IGNORED

Jana's Future 3 - Baking and Real Estate

DaisyD

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am almost convinced that neither Jana nor JD are courting because they don't want to not because there are no suitors available.
Especially JD, I mean look at him, he owns a house (years ago he bought an old house and the bank gave it to him if he renovated it, if I remember corrrectly?), he is a pilot and works as a polic officer (is that correct). Actually, this is all prettty impressive for a 26 year old.
He is quite a catch, not only in fundieland!
Plus he seems to have a calm, collected and at least not vicious caracter. If I were straight and 10 years younger, I would be very impressed by him, honestly.

After seeing how he was with car trashing, my vagina dries right up at mention of him. Give me someone who rents and is lost on their career path over that any day. And the police thing, if i remember correctly, is a volunteer title that means almost nothing. I'm sure he has suitors and not everyone agrees with my priorities here, just my two cents.

On 2016-12-31 at 10:23 AM, SamiKatz said:

I was watching Love It or List It Vancouver yesterday, and thinking "man, those houses are expensive!".  Vancouver is one of my favourite cities in the world but I could never afford to live there.  I'm single and live in Toronto and have resigned myself to the idea that I will never be able to buy my own place.

Real Estate is  a Toronto obsession. You can't go to a dinner party or business lunch or any social gathering where people aren't talking about housing. I just bought my first actual house (I've had condos before), but this is just not sustainable. I may loose a ton but I knew that going in. RBC just projected another year of housing price increases in the GTA but I just don't see how it can go any higher. I love Toronto but this isn't New York or London, I just don't see the justification. There is no way the average young family can buy in the city as is, what will it look like in 5 years if this pace keeps up? With the BC foreign investor tax it seems that foreign investment has just moved east to Toronto. I really feel that there is no need to stress it. I feel there may not be a crash but things will have to stabilize soon. I think you will be able to buy, just give it a few years. 

On 1/5/2017 at 0:14 PM, eveandadam said:

Especially JD, I mean look at him, he owns a house (years ago he bought an old house and the bank gave it to him if he renovated it, if I remember corrrectly?), he is a pilot and works as a polic officer (is that correct). Actually, this is all prettty impressive for a 26 year old.

He is quite a catch, not only in fundieland!

Plus he seems to have a calm, collected and at least not vicious caracter. If I were straight and 10 years younger, I would be very impressed by him, honestly.

Well, the prosperity of having Jim Bob Duggar as your future father in law is enough to have me running for the hills....

I am going to come off as mean but I just don't find any of the Duggar kids to be great catches to those outside of fundy land. If they were to live out in the world first then I could see it but not where they are now. 

They are all uneducated, have no worldview other than Gothards and their conversation skills are limited if it doesn't involve fundy approved behavior. I don't see how that is attractive to anyone who isn't a fundy. 

The girls are pretty and can raise babies. That is pretty much it now. Any man would basically have to raise them to be adult women and they would be in no way able to make adult decisions should it be necessary to soon. They do not currently have the skills to provide for their families should their husbands become disabled or the family fall on hard times. They only know to never question your husband because a penis makes him smarter. I fear more for them then I do for the boys. I find it dangerous for such a sheltered woman to suddenly marry and live th life prescribed by her husband, especially when she believes you put up with whatever happens because he is a man with alll he power. 

The Duggar males will expect women to behave as their sisters, meek and submissive. They don't expect women to challenge them. They are raised to believe they better, smarter, wiser because they are men. JD, nor any of his brothers, could deal with a women from the outside who knows her worth, has ambition and demands equality. I personally have no use for a man who has no intellectual curiosity and can't have an intelligent conversation about what is going in the world. Plus, I am incapable of playing stupid to stroke a man's ego. 

I would bet that for people from the outside that marry fundies, the bloom is off the rose pretty quick. It's great to marry that meek, submissive woman or the "manly" fundy man until you realize that what you see is pretty much it and there is no real depth there. The thing with fundies is that they are raised to stay firm and limit their growth. 

5 minutes ago, socalrules said:

I am going to come off as mean but I just don't find any of the Duggar kids to be great catches to those outside of fundy land. If they were to live out in the world first then I could see it but not where they are now. 

They are all uneducated, have no worldview other than Gothards and their conversation skills are limited if it doesn't involve fundy approved behavior. I don't see how that is attractive to anyone who isn't a fundy. 

The girls are pretty and can raise babies. That is pretty much it now. Any man would basically have to raise them to be adult women and they would be in no way able to make adult decisions should it be necessary to soon. They do not currently have the skills to provide for their families should their husbands become disabled or the family fall on hard times. They only know to never question your husband because a penis makes him smarter. I fear more for them then I do for the boys. I find it dangerous for such a sheltered woman I suddenly marry and live th life prescribed by her husband, especially when she believes you put up with whatever happens because he is a man with alll he power.

I would go as far as to say that the girls can't even raise babies. Their frame of reference are the way they were "raised" aka Sister moms, "home school" and either harsh discipline to eradicate any form of personality or curiosity that goes beyond their narrow parametres, or no discipline at all/neglect as in the howlers. They, except maybe the oldest, have not seen JB and J'Me at like actual (nurturing) parents.

I agree that collectively, the Duggars offer very little. Reality shows are generally finite. Beyond the current Reality TV world, these folks are bottom feeders. No education, jobs or skills that outpace even mediocrity.

7 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Beyond the current Reality TV world, these folks are bottom feeders. No education, jobs or skills that outpace even mediocrity.

This comes off slightly demeaning and of the white trash variety, but sadly, I agree. Really if they weren't on TV they'd fall into the same category as their followers. Uneducated and having nothing really to offer.

ETA: I think I, like many, have some weird fantasy of Jana being above all the backwoods ignorance and marrying someone mildly better. But sadly, I think it's just a pipe dream.

12 hours ago, snickers34 said:

This comes off slightly demeaning and of the white trash variety, but sadly, I agree. Really if they weren't on TV they'd fall into the same category as their followers. Uneducated and having nothing really to offer.

ETA: I think I, like many, have some weird fantasy of Jana being above all the backwoods ignorance and marrying someone mildly better. But sadly, I think it's just a pipe dream.

I don't think it's nasty to point out their status when they are proud of the path that they have chosen for their kids, and in the case of JB, have even bragged about their way being better. 

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I don't think it's nasty to point out their status when they are proud of the path that they have chosen for their kids, and in the case of JB, have even bragged about their way being better. 

Oh yes, I agree. I was more referring to feeling bad about my own comments. :)

I think most here think that the guys the girls have ended up with so far are bigoted dopes, which I agree with. But, honestly if you remove the fancy editing, selfless tanner, and semi-coherent statements which they've learned over time from being on TV, the gals and the whole family are just as dopey.

Totally agree. In my opinion, while the show is on television, some of the kids may marry outside of fundies - like Jinger with Jeremy (not really a full fledged fundie) - but once the show is off and the public eye goes elsewhere, the kids will be left to marry only people in their fundie circle. No one else, outside of that circle of people, will want to marry someone with limited conversational skills, no real world knowledge, very little schooling, and based on their growing up on tv - a disconnect from the actual world. The girls are pretty and sweet, but what else do they offer outside of their current but falling reality television royalty?

I actually think that even with the show they would have preferred to find IBLP matches but they didn't so they have the luxury of going outside the circle. Once the show dries up the options might be even more limited.

I don't think the Duggars will have hard times finding spouses in or outside the fundie world. Many people, in the real world, with limited educations, etc find spouses.

ETA: @fish_ca   found a photo of JD at the Neely-Staddon wedding. Let the courtship speculation begin! 

3 hours ago, buggers said:

The girls are pretty and sweet, but what else do they offer outside of their current but falling reality television royalty?

Well and if Jessa's any indication, not much! Her role in this world is to breed and take care of the home, and yet she seems to suck at the home part. I just could not handle not taking some pride in the one lame thing that's expected of me.

3 hours ago, Kira said:

I don't think the Duggars will have hard times finding spouses in or outside the fundie world. Many people, in the real world, with limited educations, etc find spouses.

ETA: @fish_ca   found a photo of JD at the Neely-Staddon wedding. Let the courtship speculation begin! 

Is there a way to see this photo?

I don't know who either of those families are though.

7 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

Is there a way to see this photo?

I don't know who either of those families are though.

Here is the link: http://www.lenspiration.photos/clientportal

I found JD in Daniel and Kathryn Staddon folder (D&K Staddon).

Maybe I want to see too much in it but isn't he matching the bridal party with his shirt a bit?

On 06/01/2017 at 8:28 AM, theilnana said:

Real Estate is  a Toronto obsession. You can't go to a dinner party or business lunch or any social gathering where people aren't talking about housing. I just bought my first actual house (I've had condos before), but this is just not sustainable. I may loose a ton but I knew that going in. RBC just projected another year of housing price increases in the GTA but I just don't see how it can go any higher. I love Toronto but this isn't New York or London, I just don't see the justification. There is no way the average young family can buy in the city as is, what will it look like in 5 years if this pace keeps up? With the BC foreign investor tax it seems that foreign investment has just moved east to Toronto. I really feel that there is no need to stress it. I feel there may not be a crash but things will have to stabilize soon. I think you will be able to buy, just give it a few years. 

I come from the UK and was just wondering if someone could explain the difference between a condo and a 'real house'?

1 hour ago, purplepeony said:

I come from the UK and was just wondering if someone could explain the difference between a condo and a 'real house'?

hi!  the short version is that a house is a single-unit, free-standing structure, while a condominium is an apartment within a larger building--but owned rather than rented--with Home Owner Association fees to cover maintenance on common areas of the property.

I've known very few people who have lived in condos, so maybe someone else has more detail?

Condos can also be semi-freestanding or joined on one or both sides but with their own roof and small plot of land.  It's a form of ownership.

4 hours ago, catlady said:

hi!  the short version is that a house is a single-unit, free-standing structure, while a condominium is an apartment within a larger building--but owned rather than rented--with Home Owner Association fees to cover maintenance on common areas of the property.

I've known very few people who have lived in condos, so maybe someone else has more detail?

That seems like the kind of home ownership that it's standard here. Legally you own your flat, plus the proportional part of common areas, example,  you own a 2% of the elevator. You pay a monthly fee for the maintenance. Basically that's it

His shirt looks orange while the bridal party looks pink to me.

But it is interesting that he attended alone. Is there someone in these families that is single and around his age??

49 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

But it is interesting that he attended alone. Is there someone in these families that is single and around his age??

Colour faded away :P

Jessica and Victoria Neely are between 21 and 24ish, Sarah Wilkes is 23. There are 3 Stelzls girls but Hannah might be older that JD. Heidi Mueller is older than recently married Kimberly Palazzolo. TFDW has single sisters. Sarah Waller seems to be the closest to JD agewise. Shipmans girls I saw several times on Sarah Stelzl blog thecountrymuffin.wordpress.com and TFDW instagram lately. I don't know more about them.

The more I think of possible JD courtship, the less I think it will be Neely/Wilkes girl. I can't picture Duggar hoard invading Mrs. Nelly's lovely carpets. It would be rather someone with "fresh face", outside internet but friends of above mentioned.

theneelyteam.com boring stuff in general, matching outfits, pretty faces, godly as hell and weird father and that's way hot buns on the fundie marriage market

3 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

Can someone give me a clue on which page you found the pictures that he's in on. I flipped through, but I guess I don't have the keen-eye to find him as I flip through 30+ pages.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived