IGNORED

Jana's Future 3 - Baking and Real Estate

DaisyD

I finally watched the honeymoon episode. I like Jinger's new clothing style and I still hate Joy's courtship. During Jana's 5 seconds of camera time, she was grinning from ear to ear about yet another younger sister's courtship. For someone who has admitted that she really wants to be married, she is taking being passed over amazingly well. If that were me at 27, I'd be crying too hard to go on camera. Maybe she really is happy with her current situation. Or maybe there is someone, and they are keeping it quiet because they are saving the storyline in order to extend the life of the show. She is such a fan favorite (even a favorite of the non-fans as well) that TLC knows that a lot of people will tune in to see CinderJana finally meet her prince. I could be so wrong about this and probably am. If I had to share a room at age 27 with a bunch of little girls and watch my other sisters move on with weird but adult lives, I couldn't fake being that happy. 

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I've posted it before, if so, apologies for repeating myself, but here it goes. The way I see it, Jana is thinking: 

eleventy kids with a random headship vs. "freedom" (relatively speaking) to do what I wish at the TTH = 0 : 1

She might pick option A with just the right guy, although I have my doubts that the kind she likes (hard-working and independent man) would pass muster with Jim Boob. She shouldn't settle unless they make her settle, which is possible also. 

As much as I would like to think the duggar kidults put all this thought into their choices I don't think it is so.  We know they lack critical thinking skills and a worldly view.  Being able to say," I'm holding off beciase this life is better than X" or " I'm a dominant personality so I need a man boy I can mold" in my opinion is far more advanced then their reasoning ability.  

I have multiple higher degrees and have traveled the world but I don't think I've been that introspective in relationships.  Maybe I'm stunted but it seems only through trial and error and life progressing have I learned what I need and what I bring to a relationship.  The duggar kidults are not given those learning chances.  I don't know, just a thought.

They are stealing all the best ones though!

Maybe she's smiling because she hid her favourites in the prayer closet. 

2 hours ago, Incognito22 said:

As much as I would like to think the duggar kidults put all this thought into their choices I don't think it is so.  We know they lack critical thinking skills and a worldly view.  Being able to say," I'm holding off beciase this life is better than X" or " I'm a dominant personality so I need a man boy I can mold" in my opinion is far more advanced then their reasoning ability.  

I have multiple higher degrees and have traveled the world but I don't think I've been that introspective in relationships.  Maybe I'm stunted but it seems only through trial and error and life progressing have I learned what I need and what I bring to a relationship.  The duggar kidults are not given those learning chances.  I don't know, just a thought.

But not everyone is like that. I don't have multiple degrees, just one and I have traveled quite a bit.. However, I was born in a extremely conservative catholic household and I've always been very introspective about relationships, I think waaaaay too much about consequences/what I want in a guy/not being heartbroken and that has kept me from screwing up, getting desperate and LEARN from relationships, only fairly recently I started "going with the flow" and even so, it's hard for me to let go of the self control, back then I thought how much I didn't want a billion kids and being stuck as a housewife. I can totally imagine Jana being like me, maybe she doesn't think the same way but she probably knows what she wants and it's not compromising for less than that or maybe this is the only thing she can control and this is her way to have some say in her own life.

Who knows?

1 hour ago, Iamtheway said:

They are stealing all the best ones though!

Maybe she's smiling because she hid her favourites in the prayer closet. 

On the flip side, when she goes clothes shopping for the next few years, she can pick exactly what she likes and be the only one to wear them, at least until Johanna is big enough. 

16 hours ago, CatchThatCow said:

If I had to share a room at age 27 with a bunch of little girls and watch my other sisters move on with weird but adult lives, I couldn't fake being that happy. 

I hope Jana gets her own bedroom after Joy moves out. I'm sure Jim Bob won't sacrifice his office, but maybe Mechelle could turn her office into a bedroom for Jana, or even a sitting room for them to share. The sewing room could easily be relocated into the girls room, and the sewing room repurposed as a bedroom for Jana. There are many ways they could give her some space without sacrificing the main floor guest bedroom/Grandma suite.

27 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

But not everyone is like that. I don't have multiple degrees, just one and I have traveled quite a bit.. However, I was born in a extremely conservative catholic household and I've always been very introspective about relationships, I think waaaaay too much about consequences/what I want in a guy/not being heartbroken and that has kept me from screwing up, getting desperate and LEARN from relationships, only fairly recently I started "going with the flow" and even so, it's hard for me to let go of the self control, back then I thought how much I didn't want a billion kids and being stuck as a housewife. I can totally imagine Jana being like me, maybe she doesn't think the same way but she probably knows what she wants and it's not compromising for less than that or maybe this is the only thing she can control and this is her way to have some say in her own life.

Who knows?

That's a good point.  I hope for her sake she's more like you and has a good handle on things.

17 hours ago, CatchThatCow said:

I finally watched the honeymoon episode. I like Jinger's new clothing style and I still hate Joy's courtship. During Jana's 5 seconds of camera time, she was grinning from ear to ear about yet another younger sister's courtship. For someone who has admitted that she really wants to be married, she is taking being passed over amazingly well. If that were me at 27, I'd be crying too hard to go on camera. Maybe she really is happy with her current situation. Or maybe there is someone, and they are keeping it quiet because they are saving the storyline in order to extend the life of the show. She is such a fan favorite (even a favorite of the non-fans as well) that TLC knows that a lot of people will tune in to see CinderJana finally meet her prince. I could be so wrong about this and probably am. If I had to share a room at age 27 with a bunch of little girls and watch my other sisters move on with weird but adult lives, I couldn't fake being that happy. 

Jana has no choice, she has to smile like she means it no matter how much she's dying inside. It's setting a Godly example so that everyone can see how perfect life is if you just submit to your incompetent father and then husband  God's will.

She might genuinely be happy with her current situation as some posters are suggesting, and for her sake, all snark aside, I hope so. But she could be the saddest person in the world and I absolutely guarantee, when the cameras are on, she would be smiling.

9 minutes ago, breakfree said:

Jana has no choice, she has to smile like she means it no matter how much she's dying inside. It's setting a Godly example so that everyone can see how perfect life is if you just submit to your incompetent father and then husband  God's will.

She might genuinely be happy with her current situation as some posters are suggesting, and for her sake, all snark aside, I hope so. But she could be the saddest person in the world and I absolutely guarantee, when the cameras are on, she would be smiling.

Oh, that would be an awful way to live your life. I'm sure you're right about her having no choice, I just imagine myself at that age, how I would feel. But I wasn't brought up fundie. If she is waiting for the right one then she is smart to do that. I married the first guy who asked and what a fiasco that was. I did get an amazing daughter out of it!

On 3/6/2017 at 3:51 AM, eveandadam said:

There was (pure) speculation on whether Jana had a crush on one of the TLC crew members a few years back when Josh was courting Anna. His name is Frank Sun and he was shown in one of the episode, where the Duggars had chicken pox and the crew members had to ask their parents if they had gotten it as a child. I understand that he is not part of the crew anymore as he was not fundie (enough). I read somewhere here on freejinger that over the years the crew became almost as fundie as the Duggars themselves, starting with Michelle actually getting a gay guy fired from the crew in the very beginning of the show.

This keeps nagging at me.  Maybe she did have a crush and is comparing all suitors against Frank.  I would imagine that a fundie guy who never went to college would look pretty lacking compared to Frank who is cute and has traveled quite a bit.  Maybe she figures that when the TLC gravy train runs out, she can quietly marry Frank?

9 minutes ago, flycat said:

Maybe she figures that when the TLC gravy train runs out, she can quietly marry Frank?

Is he still single? My internet detective skills are limited to finding a few pictures and his website. They would make one gorgeous couple.

3 hours ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

I hope Jana gets her own bedroom after Joy moves out. I'm sure Jim Bob won't sacrifice his office, but maybe Mechelle could turn her office into a bedroom for Jana, or even a sitting room for them to share. The sewing room could easily be relocated into the girls room, and the sewing room repurposed as a bedroom for Jana. There are many ways they could give her some space without sacrificing the main floor guest bedroom/Grandma suite.

I hope they do something for her. I can't imagine caring for all those little kids during the day and then sharing a bedroom with little girls at night. When does she rest? Little kids have bad dreams, they get sick, and their actual mother and father should tend to them, it shouldn't fall on Jana by default. It's fine for Jana to help but enough is enough. Some one posted awhile back that during the earlier years the howlers would crawl into Jana's bed for comfort. Weird that they didn't seek out their actual mother. JB probably banned them from the parents room due to hey hey hey time. Gross.

46 minutes ago, CatchThatCow said:

Some one posted awhile back that during the earlier years the howlers would crawl into Jana's bed for comfort. Weird that they didn't seek out their actual mother. JB probably banned them from the parents room due to hey hey hey time. Gross.

Super sad and super gross. Poor howlers and poor Jana.

Just realized that Jim Boob's office used to be downstairs. Didn't Austin go upstairs when he wanted to talk to Jim Boob? And Jim Boob's office was the size of a prayer closet? 

Where exactly are the Smuggars staying? Are they staying in the main house? If so, how? Wouldn't they want a shared bedroom as a married couple so that Anna can fulfill her duty to be joyfully available? Did they take over Jim Boob's office as their bedroom? It would be pretty weird to have Josh in a house with 4 little howler girls after his track record. Maybe Jana has to stay to protect the howlers since she knows her own parents are useless.

57 minutes ago, CatchThatCow said:

Weird that they didn't seek out their actual mother. JB probably banned them from the parents room due to hey hey hey time. Gross.

JB and Michelle had a lock on their door, I'm pretty sure. Therefore, the Howlers couldn't get in. 

5 hours ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

The sewing room could easily be relocated into the girls room, and the sewing room repurposed as a bedroom for Jana.

The sewing room is what would have been the closet for the girls' room if they had not had a community closet.  I'm not sure even a twin bed would fit in either Michelle or Jim Bob's office.  Certainly nothing larger.

Being the first born daughter is such a terrible spot in the fundie hierarchy. They are expected to do their mothers job and later in life, take care of their parents. They will watch all their siblings (the ones they essentially raised) grow up and have families of their own. Some of these women might be content but the ones that aren't will feel guilty and "smile like you mean it". It's also sad because we can see how Jana is genuinely caring and will make sacrifices for her family, whether that means letting Jinger take some of her clothes or sewing bridesmaids dresses by herself.  It's easy for them to take advantage of her but I still hope Jana is appreciated. 

On 3/7/2017 at 9:51 PM, singsingsing said:

None of the Duggar daughters had any failed courtships that we know of. I think the poster may have meant that photos of them with Ben and Derick were published before the courtships were announced, and they were taken down. I do remember photos of Ben and Derick being shared before the courtships were announced, but I personally don't remember whether any of these sites removed the photos or not.

I'm late but to add to the conversation, I remember on a clip of 19KAC when Jessa had entered in a courtship in late 2013, Michelle and JB pointed out several times that Jessa was their first daughter to enter a courtship. 

On 3/6/2017 at 6:13 PM, Kira said:

I wonder if she's had failed courtship. A few years ago, duggars.tumblr claimed that the Duggars asked them to take down a photo of Jana and a guy. Amazingly, the photo can't b e found anywhere(?). 

Based on everything we know, I don't think it was a failed courtship. I remember the whole picture thing that was deleted and all that commotion. It was most likely a failed friendship (you know, the "get to know" phase before a courtship is agreed upon). 

For those speculating about Jana, the girl is still waiting for Prince Charming. An intrerview was done on the Duggar girls. This is Jana's part:

IMG_2502.PNG

IMG_2503.PNG

So Jana can't go out with her married sisters and their husbands because she ... wait for it: isn't married. Who the heck cooked up that logic?

This is why I can't watch the Duggars: the parents are all about procreating and birthing and after that, the child-raising is the responsibility of their older children, and idiot followers applaud and laud this.

In gawdless circles, people who procreate and birth and then hand the children off to their mothers and grandmothers are called reckless and irresponsible and welfare cheats, and doubtless are called that by the Duggars' idiot followers. 

JMHO: the Duggars are worse than the gawdless, precisely because the Duggars set themselves up as moral leaders. 

There's something cagey about Jana's smile, as I see her. As if she knows something we don't, and knows something that puts her in a very powerful position indeed -- at least, having way more power and self-determination than we could guess or hope. 

Also, she looks nothing like either parent. Oh, I'm sure she's 100% their kid. It just comforts me that she could pass for a normal person if she wanted. Even if that's just something she does in her own mind, for her own sense of sanity. 

Ever the optimist. That's me. 

That entire interview is so sad. So the married ones go out for a nice meal and she can't go because she's not part of that group? That's not love, that's not Christian values. It reeks of exclusion and bullying and has a "neener neener see you loser" aspect that makes me want to scream. 

At least she is not putting a good face on things (is this the right description? I had to use leo, i am not sure) in this article. She admits that she has hard days, that is more honesty I ever expected to hear/read from her. Many women I know, including myself, know that waiting is not easy. Nobody said so. I was waiting many years and I met some frogs along the way. Most women I know do so (With or without sweet fellowship, sometimes you need more diagnostic activities to identify a toad). I know some woman who feel like " I only stand couples when they are shoes" but Jana has to keep sweet when it comes to her sisters. This is the first time I have the impression that she is a normal single young woman who is pissed because of her married sisters/friends. As pissed as she is allowed to be in her world. And minus the jesus phrases. 

1 hour ago, Scrabblemaster said:

With or without sweet fellowship, sometimes you need more diagnostic activities to identify a toad). I know some woman who feel like " I only stand couples when they are shoes"

@Scrabblemaster, "putting a good face on things" or "putting up a good front" are both fine choices!

And I love your other turns of phrase, which I've bolded!

I think I'd prefer to go out for fewer nice meals with people I really enjoyed, than endure the likes of smug marrieds like Benessa. But that's now. When I was younger, I wasn't so choosy--anything to get out and about. 

On 08/03/2017 at 6:27 PM, sunshine said:

Soon Jana will not have to share clothes with her sisters. I will be smiling too.

I just realised this too!  Too bad she'll still have to share a bedroom with all the little girls, and all of those random young women the Duggars invite to stay....

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived