IGNORED

Maxhell Part 6 - Boring you to death since...

samurai_sarah

Teri has new post up about their stainless steel appliances and how they mulled the pros and cons of black appliances vs. stainless steel. She also is shilling the cleaner they use to clean them and if you follow the link, they get a 10% reward from the purchase.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So their stainless steel appliances still look nice after eight years.  Who really gives a fuck?  Does having show room new appliances make you more Christlike?  Apparently it does in Maxhell.

They get 51 cents if someone buys the  cleaner. Are things that bad? Even if a hundred were sold they only get $51 and I doubt that many will be sold to their readers. That was such a sad post and they barely discussed the product they are trying to get people to buy. 

They clean their appliances weekly and then freshen them up in-between.

My. God.

I can so picture life for the female Maxhellions (I doubt the scions of the patriarchy are subjected to appliance-cleaning sessions). Get up on the middle of the night, pray, rub an already spotless fridge with a damp cloth before dawn and then... pray, probably, or write a children's book. No wonder they enjoy playing with the nieces and nephews, it must be a welcome respite from that rubbing the fridge routine.

Also what kind of review was that? "I went against my readers' recommendations to get my appliances. They look great thanks to the never-ending free labour of my adult daughters who, frankly, really don't have anything better to do; however they get broken constantly."

Did Terified undergo some kind of lobotomy? Because that entire post makes zero sense.

If she's that into microwaves she should go get a job in a showroom where advice on what cleaner to use would actually be useful and she's make a hell of a lot more than 51 cents per hour (I reckon she spent at least 3 hours getting Sarah to write this for her and Stevehovah to approve the piece, and I doubt more than three readers will buy the cleaner fluid as a result).

11 hours ago, SPHASH said:

So their stainless steel appliances still look nice after eight years.  Who really gives a fuck?  Does having show room new appliances make you more Christlike?  Apparently it does in Maxhell.

Don't let your appliances become an idol, Teri

1 hour ago, uber frau said:

In what universe are people supposed to care?

That and who expects a microwave to last for 8 years if they use it a lot?

8 hours ago, Foudeb said:

Did Terified undergo some kind of lobotomy? Because that entire post makes zero sense.

Actually, that's something of a valid theory at Free Jinger University. 

The main areas of contention are whether it was an actual brain surgery or something more to do with the removal of that which supports common sense and self esteem.

Bless her heart.  

The bible verse she tries to tie into the appliance post is really ridiculous.

I guess because it has the word "polish" in it she thought it  belonged there?

Just came to ask about the bible verse, kpmom. It has absolutely nothing to do with the posting. lol. Although, it would be difficult to find an appropriate verse.

3 minutes ago, albanuadh_1 said:

Just came to ask about the bible verse, kpmom. It has absolutely nothing to do with the posting. lol. Although, it would be difficult to find an appropriate verse.

Very true.  No appliance verses in the bible that I'm aware of.

Maybe that proverbs verse about a woman looking well to the ways of her home (or however that goes)?

I'd make one up if I were them. "And he whosever who shineth the microwave, so shall he go forth and multiply, unless it be a woman, in which case the Lord commandeth she stayeth at home betwixt her parents to polish the fridge too" (Gospel of Stevus, book eleventy, verse two thousand four hundred and sixty five)

ETA: it's not like anyone outside of FJ would even notice. Their followers aren't known for their fine wits.

This makes me kind of sad. I'm picturing Terri looking at her stainless steel appliances one day, and thinking "man, what were those internet people talking about? I've had these for eight years and still don't see them as more difficult to clean than the matte black.  I better remind them that my choice was right." That post was almost confrontational! 

I was unfamiliar with the possibility of black kitchen appliances.

The whole point of appliances is to make cooking faster and easier, freeing up time and energy for f*n things. If you waste time scrubbing them, it sorta defeats the point...

1 hour ago, CyborgKin said:

I was unfamiliar with the possibility of black kitchen appliances.

Now they make black stainless.  At least, Kitchen-Aid does. I think other companies do as well.  Most major brands make white and black in addition to stainless.  If you have the money to spend , you can get a Blue Star, Viking, Big Chill  or a Lacanche in a variety of colors.  (I'd love to have a Lacanche in British Racing Green to match my Mini.)  Or you can go the vintage appliance route.  Rachael Ray has a vintage red Chambers on her 30 Minute Meals show.  It was gorgeous!

Who asks a bunch of total strangers for advice on appliance finishes anyway? You buy what you want and can afford. My stainless steel appliances are still working fine after 17 years. Should I alert the media?

9 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

Who asks a bunch of total strangers for advice on appliance finishes anyway? You buy what you want and can afford. My stainless steel appliances are still working fine after 17 years. Should I alert the media?

The Maxwells have to make their leghumpers feel important, therefore they ask for opinions.  Nathan put out a request for recommendations for a vaporizer some years back. 

Oh Maxwells ... Or more precisely Steve, his new post is so very WEIRD. Not the first part (also weird, but not more than usual), but the addendum "Follow-on thought for Dads". I have several thoughts on this:

1. Is he trying to tell fathers they are bad fathers if they don't go to bed at the same time as they're children?

2. It sounds like he gets A LOT of letters from angry mothers who are complaining that they're husbands are not adhering to the kids schedule. 

3. It comes across as if he is taking the woman's side when talking about it, which is of course wrong. Since he is only doing it because wives are to be submissive and could not possibly bring this "problem"  with their husbands up themselves.

4. I love that he has an acronym for bedtime/wakeup time (BTWT) :D I'm sure he used to say: " NO Sarah BTWT is not debatable!"

5. Is he seriously saying that dads nat having an early BTWT is the reason for not having a "a peaceful and productive home"?

6. It is also funny that only dads have the issue of not following a strict BTWT, mothers of course do this anyways...

What i would give to see their bedtime routine :D (Do they call all the inlaws to make sure everyone is adhering to BTWT? Does Steve have a masterswitch with which he turns off all the lights for the house so there is no illegal reading? Do they have discussions about starting BTWT 5 minutes early/later?)

Dear God,

Please give your followers a reason to exist so they don't think their appliances are fucking worthy of a blog post.

Also, Steve's latest reminds me why they clean those damn appliances every week -control. He has to control ever second of every day for every one of his family members. He even has to control their thoughts. There is no living & learning from experience ( the example of his go cart for a glove trade) - no, not for his cult. Everyone must do exactly what he says when he says and how he says. Always and forever.

The man's issues are deep, sad and dangerous.

Steve says, "Some say that self-discipline/will power is the greatest predictor of individual success, even beyond intelligence. I certainly agree. However, in addition, I have to wonder if the driving force behind self-discipline might be how much a person values his time on earth."

I say that Christians of his ilk value their time LEAST on earth. They spend their entire life hiding away praying fervently for a better life in heaven and being terrified of anything different than what they've been indoctrinated to believe. While I know some Christians actually get out and make a positive impact on the world, the Maxwells aren't doing that. They aren't doing anything. Talk about a waste of a life.

But hey, at least they find time to schedule scheduling meetings and picket abortion clinics. That's a great use of your limited time on earth, Maxwells.

Steve, at least you had a go-cart to trade away. No way your kids would have an experience like that. It sounds like this was an attempt to sell Managers of their Homes.

21 hours ago, kpmom said:

The bible verse she tries to tie into the appliance post is really ridiculous.

I guess because it has the word "polish" in it she thought it  belonged there?

She probably got out her Strong's Concordance, looked up the word "polished" and that was the first verse that pops up. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived