IGNORED

Maxhell Part 6 - Boring you to death since...

samurai_sarah

45 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Steve, at least you had a go-cart to trade away. No way your kids would have an experience like that. It sounds like this was an attempt to sell Managers of their Homes.

She probably got out her Strong's Concordance, looked up the word "polished" and that was the first verse that pops up. 

I would say that is typical for them. More often than not the verse they plop at the end of a blog post makes no sense at all and only has a connection in their mind. Sometimes they get lucky and find one that actually sounds like it fits the post, but that's a rare thing.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just to have a bible post at the end. It's like how they always sign off "Trusting in Jesus, Teri" or "Jesus's Girl, Mary". Sarah does put "Love, Sarah" but live is something Christians are supposed to show one another. (Of course the Maxwells only love themselves, but you know what I mean).

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

I would say that is typical for them. More often than not the verse they plop at the end of a blog post makes no sense at all and only has a connection in their mind. Sometimes they get lucky and find one that actually sounds like it fits the post, but that's a rare thing.

When I put "polished" into the online Bible concordance, it was the first verse that came up, so I really think that is what they did. 

Do you think we will hear about Sarah's new book series ever? (Oh my goodness, I'm not sure why I care...I'm not her target audience in any way, shape, or form.)

"Stainless Steel vs. Black - Eight Years Later" sounds like the title of a blog post you would write if you were trying to do a restrained caricature of the Maxwells. Like if you were trying to explain to someone who these people are in one sentence.

4 minutes ago, lauraloralara said:

"Stainless Steel vs. Black - Eight Years Later" sounds like the title of a blog post you would write if you were trying to do a restrained caricature of the Maxwells. Like if you were trying to explain to someone who these people are in one sentence.

It sounds like some weird wrestling names or something. 

31 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

It sounds like some weird wrestling names or something. 

Our new friend Penguine thought Teri was referring to something more personal...

9 hours ago, itsme said:

What i would give to see their bedtime routine :D (Do they call all the inlaws to make sure everyone is adhering to BTWT? Does Steve have a masterswitch with which he turns off all the lights for the house so there is no illegal reading? Do they have discussions about starting BTWT 5 minutes early/later?)

Doesn't Teri get Steve's toothbrush ready for him, like he's a two year old?

Comments are closed, after one made it through that agrees. 

I'm betting even the minions saw through the control panel and called him on some of it. 

Can't ever have anyone question the great & perfect Stevehovah.

2 hours ago, 16strong said:

Whatever it is, I really hope it doesn't involve talking animals.

I hope not either.  I am trying to come up with at least one potential title but all I have so far is, Solomon the Salamander Shat in Stevehovah's Sneakers.  

1 hour ago, johnhugh said:

Our new friend Penguine thought Teri was referring to something more personal...

I'm chuckling at Sandi's comment, intentional or not, about choosing the smug-free appliances... :my_tongue:

2 hours ago, johnhugh said:

I'm in shock that that got approved. Guess it shows whoever is in charge of comments is certainly a little less educated about certain things. Though that's not really a shocker is it.

Do you think we will hear about Sarah's new book series ever? (Oh my goodness, I'm not sure why I care...I'm not her target audience in any way, shape, or form.)

I don't know, but I am eager for it to come out so I can start parodying it. I'll probably combine it with the Doody universe.

Regarding appliance colors - in the 70's, a number of popular colors were available.  If I remember correctly, my parents had an avocado-green fridge for many years, and a gold one before that.  I think that the oven was brown.   I still shudder at the thought...  Wasn't pink available in the 50's?

1 hour ago, crawfishgirl said:

Regarding appliance colors - in the 70's, a number of popular colors were available.  If I remember correctly, my parents had an avocado-green fridge for many years, and a gold one before that.  I think that the oven was brown.   I still shudder at the thought...  Wasn't pink available in the 50's?

Pink and aqua too!!!

One of the few aesthetics from the '50s & '60s that don't make me urp a little at the thought. 

I guess aside from Shoebox Christmas Child or whatever it is, there is nothing going on over there. It must be like watching paint dry living with your parents and siblings well into your 30's where nothing ever changes. One time they built a different house down the street or something. That's about it. I thank God I'm not a Maxwell. I just stick around checking the blog because I'm obsessed with the idea that one of the girls might get married or leave or get a job and I have to see it happen.

@crawfishgirl, the Avocado Harvest Gold were popular in the 60s and 70s as was Copper which is the brown you mentioned.  Copper looks like the bottom of my Revere Ware skillet when it's got a good coat of tarnish on it.  Pink, green, blue, and red came earlier.  Folks from the 30s until the 70s were more adventurous in terms of color of appliances and plumbing fixtures.  Some of us fans of mid-century like this site:  Retro Renovation  It has a nice gallery of vintage stoves, many of which as not white and some great pictures of pink (and green, blue, etc) bathrooms.

There are a few colored toilets in this scene from The Help:  Mae Mobley is sitting on a blue one.

@PennySycamore thanks for sharing that site - I enjoyed it.  My parents' house was built in the 50's, and the main bathroom was bright pink.   So the bathroom was 50's-ish, but the kitchen was 70's-ish - it was colorful.

My current house is 15 years old.  Unfortunately, by today's standards, it's already starting to be out of date, which seems silly.  I read an article a while back stating that HGTV has really changed home purchasing, and that now everyone expects up to date kitchens with granite, designer bathrooms, etc.  Most people don't want to (and/or have the money to) update every few years or so.  

It's too bad - I like the character of older homes.

My childhood home was built in 1971.  My parents had it built so they picked out all the fixtures.  Four bathrooms and the toilets were yellow -- 2 of them -- powder blue, and avocado green.  And toilet paper was always bought to match.

Whatever happened to colored toilet paper, anyway?

9 hours ago, crawfishgirl said:

My grandparents had a gold stove and refrigerator, they were hideous.

@WonderingInWA, I've wondered about the disappearance of colored TP, as well.    I think maybe some folks got a rash from the dye in the tissue, but you can't even find it anymore.  Or colored Kleenex

50 minutes ago, FloraKitty35 said:

My grandparents had a gold stove and refrigerator, they were hideous.

My mother used to refer to the color of our stove as "baby shit yellow." It was fugly!

7 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

The black toilets were the weirdest to me. 

I have a black toilet. It's a pain because I notice dust after just a couple days (can dust even accumilate so quickly?) so I'm constantly cleaning it. With a regular white toilet I would only clean it once or twice a week, since it's just me and my man using it.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived