IGNORED

Maxhell Part 6 - Boring you to death since...

samurai_sarah

they decided to try to get it scheduled right away, which isn’t always easy with four families involved

Come on Sarah, no one in the family has any activities outside the cult, it's not that hard!

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Why can't each couple have their own separate date night?  Its not like Goofy and Scary have a life  or anything.

My parents often watch my son and my sister's kids so me and my husband and she and my bil can all go out together. Granted, we live in different provinces and don't see each other every day, but I don't find it weird that they wanted to go out together. 

What I find weird is the clear separation of "marrieds" and "not marrieds", which is why I think it may not have been as much Mary and Anna's idea as they would like us to think. I guess I don't understand why all the unmarrieds needed to be a part of it if it was something that Anna and Mary wanted to do.

The unmarrieds are basically children. The older children are watching the younger children so that the grown-ups can go have grown-up fun.
Only marriage can turn you into a grown-up. So having an education, a career, a circle of friends is pointless as those life experiences won't turn you into an adult.

Welcome to the Church of Steve!

Actually, scratch that, membership is strictly restricted to what they can spawn.

Control freak StevO always sneaks around. He can't simply let them go out and have fun night...ehm sorry...neat night. Like they could bring up not approved topic...or two...behind his back. And they drag that poor Teri along. Maybe she would like to stay at home for instance.

Yeah I know women in Maxwelland are not allowed to have their own will except when they pray long enough to be heard by the only one master.

1 hour ago, Foudeb said:

Welcome to the Church of Steve!

Actually, scratch that, membership is strictly restricted to what they can spawn.

For which I am eternally and constantly thankful. 

21 hours ago, SPHASH said:

And why in the hell are Amish Anna and Invisible Elissa wearing coats inside?  Lazy Ass Melanie isn't.

Why do you call Melanie lazy?

19 minutes ago, ladyamylynn said:

Why do you call Melanie lazy?

Cuz she has turned Abbty into a siater mom.  Melanue is always on bed rest when pregnant and poor Abby has to pick up the slack.  Nit fair for an eight year old.

Whoa. I take issue with this. 

34 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Melanue is always on bed rest when pregnant and poor Abby has to pick up the slack. 

Although I agree that it isn't fair that Abby has to pick up the slack, being on pregnancy bedrest is far from being lazy. It is incredibly difficult.

I spent several months on bedrest. I was allowed to be vertical for a five-minute shower every day and to sit up only for meals. When I got frustrated with how my husband was keeping house and tried to wash dishes, I ended up in the hospital. When I tried to just sit for most of a day to watch tv with my son--not do housework or take care of my son, just sit--I ended up in the hospital again. I had to stay horizontal because my body was trying to give birth when I was only twenty weeks into my pregnancy. It was either stay lying down for most of a 3 1/2-month period, or do housework and resume contractions that would result in babies born too early.

Somebody has to take care of things, and while I find it sad that it's Abby, this is not about Melanie being lazy. Furthermore, an eight-year-old girl (especially one raised in that family) is sometimes thrilled to be able to take care of things around the house. I was never expected to take care of my younger siblings, but when I was eight years old, I loved to do what I saw as "mommy things." Abby may not be suffering quite so much--especially with all the "extended family" so close by.

In fact, she may be doing very little of the work. It could just as easily that the Maxwells are trying to portray it like she is doing so much because of what girls/women are expected to do in their world. We aren't necessarily being given an accurate picture of thing.

47 minutes ago, molecule said:

Whoa. I take issue iethis. 

Abby has to pick up the s lack, being on pregnancy bedrest is far from being lazy. It is incredibly difficult.

I spent several months on bedrest. I was allowed to be vertical for a five-minute shower every day and to sit up only for meals. When I got frustrated with how my husband was keeping house and tried to wash dishes, I ended up in the hospital. When I tried to just sit for most of a day to watch tv with my son--not do housework or take care of my son, just sit--I ended up in the hospital again. I had to stay horizontal because my body was trying to give birth when I was only twenty weeks into my pregnancy. It was either stay lying down for most of a 3 1/2-month period, or do housework and resume contractions that would result in babies born too early.

Somebody has to take care of things, and while I find it sad that it's Abby, this is not about Melanie being lazy. Furthermore, an eight-year-old girl (especially one raised in that family) is sometimes thrilled to be able to take care of things around the house. I was never expected to take care of my younger siblings, but when I was eight years old, I loved to do what I saw as "mommy things." Abby may not be suffering quite so much--especially with all the "extended family" so close by.

In fact, she may be doing very little of the work. It could just as easily that the Maxwells are trying to portray it like she is doing so much because of what girls/women are expected to do in their world. We aren't necessarily being given an accurate picture of thing.

I apologize to anyone here who has been on byd rest due to pregnancy.  What pisses me off is Melanue has had several difficult pregnancies, some have ended in miscarriage, she lost Susannah after onky a few days, and only one pregnancy made it to one FULL term, the rest were premature.  And yet Melanie still gets pregnant.  Its not fair to her body, and her kids.  I hop her OB/GYN has talked to her about this.

11 minutes ago, Jigsaw3 said:

Melanie might not have a choice about it, you know.

Do you mean in having more children or being on bed rest. 

25 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Its not fair to her body, and her kids.  I hop her OB/GYN has talked to her about this.

I agree. She is not looking well to me during this pregnancy at all. I hope she is following a doctor's orders.

Along with @molecule, I, too, have the IBLP shitshow coming to my almost-backyard this year.  Ugh.

Even if it were free to attend, I can't imagine donning a poker face + fundie attire long enough to blend in.

8 hours ago, Jigsaw3 said:

I think in some ways, being raised in a home like that makes her more aware of birth control options. She might have been taught that "the pill is evil and just like an abortion" but she is aware that the birth control pill exists. Lots of kids going to public school aren't taught anything about condoms or the pill because of fundies pushing their agenda in the schools.

She is brainwashed in a sense, but she is an adult with kids, so they should come first. If that means making sure she does not have another fetus to attend to, then so be it. With all of the absinence only education the fundies push, you would think they could take that advice and keep it in their pants when their wives are ovulating to at least reduce the chances of a "blessing"

12 hours ago, molecule said:

I agree. She is not looking well to me during this pregnancy at all. I hope she is following a doctor's orders.

I noticed it too.  She looks terrible.  She is very puffy and looks sickly. 

12 hours ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

Along with @molecule, I, too, have the IBLP shitshow coming to my almost-backyard this year.  Ugh.

Even if it were free to attend, I can't imagine donning a poker face + fundie attire long enough to blend in.

I briefly considered (for about half a second) attending the one in Big Sandy, since it is about 3 or 4 hours away from me.  It would be interesting to see the site, along with many of the people we discuss on this board.  However, I would never fit in.  Since it's a family event, I'd have to talk my husband and kids into it, and they would never go for it.  We'd have to buy new clothing to attend (my teenage girls don't have any frumpers or long denim skirts), and I'd have to teach them what to say and not to say so that they wouldn't stand out.  We'd also have to pay for lodging and registration, and I'm not willing to pay any money to see those people.  Though it might be enjoyable for a short time, it wouldn't be worth it in the long run.  Also, and this is my opinion only, I might feel a little stalkerish if I actually attended, even though it's open to anyone (I realize that others might feel differently, and that's fine - I'm only talking about myself).  But damn, it would be weirdly intriguing to actually attend.

Steve is already looking like a smug asshole IMHO.

On 6.1.2017 at 10:48 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Why can't John Maxwell and Jana Duggar run away together away from their controlling asshat fathers? They would make the cutest couple ever. And then Jana could introduce Sarah to JD and they can run away too, lol.

That would be awesome! But I would also be a little jealous. I always imagine traveling through KS the next time I'm visiting the US and save John..

14 hours ago, Jigsaw3 said:

I don't think she has any real choice now, though presumably she chose to marry into that family and knew what they were about.  At least she gets some medical care.  And there are aunties around to help.  Still, I'd be surprised if she wasn't very frightened sometimes.

If Melanie had not married into that family I wonder if after having 2 healthy children would she have done something (medically) to insure she did not have more children. 

I know some of you have seen the Maxwells in person. 

In photos, Christopher always looks awkward and a little creepy. I think it's his odd facial expressions, the way he holds himself, and the unflattering clothes/hair.  The other brothers look much more comfortable/relatable in photos (IMO).

Is this how they seem in person, or is it just a trick of photography? 

49 minutes ago, acheronbeach said:

I know some of you have seen the Maxwells in person. 

In photos, Christopher always looks awkward and a little creepy. I think it's his odd facial expressions, the way he holds himself, and the unflattering clothes/hair.  The other brothers look much more comfortable/relatable in photos (IMO).

Is this how they seem in person, or is it just a trick of photography? 

Christopher looks like Steve Carrell in the 40 Year Old Virgin.

9 hours ago, clese said:

John Hughe...are you penguine!

It must be Cathy Arndt or one of the man boys ;-)

7 hours ago, ophelia said:

Steve is already looking like a smug asshole IMHO.

That would be awesome! But I would also be a little jealous. I always imagine traveling through KS the next time I'm visiting the US and save John..

SAVE JOHN!  

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived