IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part 12: Baby

samurai_sarah

17 minutes ago, seasonsoflife said:

I can't take my eyes off those books...very curious about what they are. 

I'm glad I'm not the only book geek here on Free Jinger. 

I believe I can identify the royal blue book, the second from the bottom. It looks to be Little Blue Truck. It's the story of a Little Blue Truck who is friendly with the farm animals. A big dump truck roars past him on the road and gets stuck in the mud. Only the Little Blue Truck goes into the mud to help him, but he becomes stuck too. When the Little Blue truck yells for help, all of the animals come running to help push him out of the mud. The toad is the one whose added strength frees the trucks. I'm surprised- this is a secular book. I've bought it and read it with one little guy, and I regularly read it with another little guy. Both really loved this book.

(I'll now confess. Last night when this video was posted, I was visiting with friends. I asked two of them to help me. We enlarged a frozen picture of my phone, then got out the heavy duty magnifying glasses. With their best guesses, they confirmed what I suspected.)

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have all the Little Blue Truck books and I believe I can confirm it is in the stack. I also believe the top book is the If You Give a Mouse a Cookie board book, looks just like the one we have. Honestly that stack looks like a lot of ours, kind of surprising, but good for them! Reading to your child is the best gift you can give them.  (Might be biased as a children's librarian) ;)  

@CharlieInCharge, please tell me the author of the little blue truck books? They sound like something Both Wild Child and Grandboy would enjoy. I'm sorry to ask instead of looking..my hubs and kids infected me with a cold and my brain hurts.

21 hours ago, Gemini said:

Apparently a baby's birth weight is very influenced by the mother's childhood diet, The bigger the baby the worst the diet (processed food ect) while the smaller baby can be put down to lack of nutrients etc. It's only one factor but it Makes sense that the Duggar grandbabies will/are be huge with all that crap they have been brought up on.

Probably better stated the other way around.  A crappier diet usually leads to bigger babies; a nutrient deficient diet usually leads to smaller babies.  Although it's clearly not what you intended by your note about other factors, "the bigger the baby the worse the diet" makes it sound like it is at least a major factor and not just one of many possible reasons. 

1 hour ago, Audrey2 said:

I'm glad I'm not the only book geek here on Free Jinger. 

I believe I can identify the royal blue book, the second from the bottom. It looks to be Little Blue Truck. It's the story of a Little Blue Truck who is friendly with the farm animals. A big dump truck roars past him on the road and gets stuck in the mud. Only the Little Blue Truck goes into the mud to help him, but he becomes stuck too. When the Little Blue truck yells for help, all of the animals come running to help push him out of the mud. The toad is the one whose added strength frees the trucks. I'm surprised- this is a secular book. I've bought it and read it with one little guy, and I regularly read it with another little guy. Both really loved this book.

(I'll now confess. Last night when this video was posted, I was visiting with friends. I asked two of them to help me. We enlarged a frozen picture of my phone, then got out the heavy duty magnifying glasses. With their best guesses, they confirmed what I suspected.)

57 minutes ago, CharlieInCharge said:

We have all the Little Blue Truck books and I believe I can confirm it is in the stack. I also believe the top book is the If You Give a Mouse a Cookie board book, looks just like the one we have. Honestly that stack looks like a lot of ours, kind of surprising, but good for them! Reading to your child is the best gift you can give them.  (Might be biased as a children's librarian) ;)  

I am glad they are reading him regular books! 

If you give a mouse a cookie was one of my favourites as a kid, along with Little Blue Ben! I'm glad that they are reading to him, I noticed the books as well.

44 minutes ago, DaniLouisiana said:

@CharlieInCharge, please tell me the author of the little blue truck books? They sound like something Both Wild Child and Grandboy would enjoy. I'm sorry to ask instead of looking..my hubs and kids infected me with a cold and my brain hurts.

Alice Shertle writes the Little Blue Truck books. I think part of the appeal is the animal noises the reader gets to make to the little person being read to. 

I hope you feel better soon.

37 minutes ago, carebaer said:

Probably better stated the other way around.  A crappier diet usually leads to bigger babies; a nutrient deficient diet usually leads to smaller babies.  Although it's clearly not what you intended by your note about other factors, "the bigger the baby the worse the diet" makes it sound like it is at least a major factor and not just one of many possible reasons. 

Ah ok, thanks :) 

what you said is what I intended to say and as I'm having trouble working out why it doesn't sound like that,I think I'm going to stop posting until the lupus brain fog has worked it's way out lol 

I spotted Little Blue Truck right away too. One of my son's favorites. We have all 4. (Unless there are newer ones we're missing.)

I agree that he is a very cute little guy. And you can really see he has cute personality in the videos too.

Was just watching a video Jessa put up. Look likes they were told to be at the TTH at 7am for gifts. When they arrived, lights were off and everyone is still asleep. If this were my family, I would be pissed.

And I think I see a non-Duggar asleep on the couch. So weird.

I would also be pissed if I was told we HAD to arrive on time, then discovered everyone sleeping.
Gotta say, though, that I love those random pink armchairs just thrown in with everything else. The rest of the decor is so bland, then BAM -- a pink chair here and a pink chair there. NBD.

1 hour ago, ClaraOswin said:

I agree that he is a very cute little guy. And you can really see he has cute personality in the videos too.

Was just watching a video Jessa put up. Look likes they were told to be at the TTH at 7am for gifts. When they arrived, lights were off and everyone is still asleep. If this were my family, I would be pissed.

And I think I see a non-Duggar asleep on the couch. So weird.

That's Tyler, their new adopted child.

I heard the two boys see Spurgeon and call him a nickname. Pudge Boy? Spudge Boy? Fudge Boy? Anyone hear?

Huh, I thought I saw James. My guess is that I'm wrong, but I don't want to go through the effort of slowing down or freezing the video. Internet, do your thing!

I  get jessa going to her childhood home at Xmas.  Walking in and filming and posting is her job. 

i also don't see her ever leaving the fold.  And Ben just follows along like a puppy.

whereas her sisters have to leave she doesn't and yet she doesn't have to do any work because her work is done being pregnant 

25 minutes ago, seasonsoflife said:

Spurgeon got socks in a paper bag as a gift? Way to go "Aunt Jinger and Uncle Jeremy", you are obviously loads of fun. 

Omg riiight??? I was like "not even two pairs??? a bow???" Like a one year old doesn't need extravagance but like there weren't dino socks at Walmart this year? Or racecar? Gee whiz

25 minutes ago, seasonsoflife said:

Spurgeon got socks in a paper bag as a gift? Way to go "Aunt Jinger and Uncle Jeremy", you are obviously loads of fun. 

I know I was like a $3 pair of socks in a lunch sac? Really? I know Christmas isn't about things, but sometimes getting nothing is less insulting.  It wouldn't have been that much more to buy him a whole outfit.  These people confuse me. 

I think most kids that age would like the paper bag better than the present inside.  And they may have given him more than the socks seen in the video.

I was watching some of Jessa's Instagram videos and was reminded of how delightful Spurgeon truly is, even by non-Duggar standards. Jessa and Ben are in for a rude awakening when they eventually get a more "difficult" baby. (Source: my parents and my younger brother. I was the Spurgeon.)

4 hours ago, Stormy said:

I was watching some of Jessa's Instagram videos and was reminded of how delightful Spurgeon truly is, even by non-Duggar standards. Jessa and Ben are in for a rude awakening when they eventually get a more "difficult" baby. (Source: my parents and my younger brother. I was the Spurgeon.)

We have a Spurgeon, or at least had. As he's becoming older he's also becoming less jolly and more like his mother. :)

It makes me a bit scared to have a second child though. What if that one is actually difficult? (As in even more like it's mother.) Don't know if we could handle that. :)

On 22/12/2016 at 6:43 PM, Georgiana said:

I feel like asking children to suggest names is asking for trouble unless they are older or you can do it in a vote format like the Duggars.  Otherwise, young kids tend to hear "you can suggest some names" as "you can pick the name" and/or might take it personally if their suggestion is not selected.  

I've been around for the meltdown when mom and dad announced names, and then they had to explain to a tearful older sibling why the baby was NOT being named "Rapunzel" or "Sleepgood" or "<OlderSibling> 2" or something that sounds lovely in Harry Potter but maybe isn't right for your Muggle baby.  Luckily, they weren't TOO set on Sleepgood, but there were actually some very hurt feelings when mom and dad announced they were NOT going to name the baby after their big sibling/Rapunzel.  

I pre-approved list that they get to weigh in on might be the route I go, but that's a LONG way off, if ever.  

My friend's parents actually went through what her 8 year old self suggested and named her sister Muriel after the old lady in Courage the Cowardly Dog. Tragic.

2 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

We have a Spurgeon, or at least had. As he's becoming older he's also becoming less jolly and more like his mother. :)

It makes me a bit scared to have a second child though. What if that one is actually difficult? (As in even more like it's mother.) Don't know if we could handle that. :)

My BIL and SIL had a delightful first child. My BIL was keen to have a second, but my SIL told me she was worried a second one might turn out like my own son (definitely difficult), so she was happy with one.  Way to insult your nephew and SIL!   (They did end up having a second, and she's gorgeous as well. Sigh.)

On Jessa's video - looks like Tyler to me as well. He might not have been sleeping on the lounge, he might have got up and come downstairs to see the gifts because he hasn't adjusted to Duggar time yet.  Seriously, what normal home with multiple young kids has only one awake at 7am on Christmas day??

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived