IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part 12: Baby

samurai_sarah

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any chance that they'll go with virtue names for girls, harkening back to Ben's VF days? Could there be a Verity Chastity in their future?

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 11:13 PM, Fluffypaws said:

Such a lovely name, but don't give them this idea! This is my first AND middle name and I'm not sharing it with them. :kitty-wink:

Meaning Aimee (Amy) Marie. Never heard of Aimee Semple McPherson so I looked her up. I don't think they will go this route, but who knows? Someone nailed it last time with Spurgeon, so maybe they'll come back seeking name inspirations from FJ.

Re: girl's names, didn't Jessa come up with Jordyn's middle name, which was something like "Makiyah"? Maybe she'd use a name like that for her kid.

Getting back to Spurgey dancing to "Skating", would he be allowed to do the Snoopy Dance to "Linus and Lucy"?

47 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Re: girl's names, didn't Jessa come up with Jordyn's middle name, which was something like "Makiyah"? Maybe she'd use a name like that for her kid.

Even if she did, she'd still have to get Ben's buy off and well, we can see what names he comes up with! (yikes)

1 minute ago, eleanora3 said:

When I look at them side by side they actually don't look that much alike

15433764_1330027333726126_4422342837141701753_n.jpg

I agree, they don't...both look like they need a nap :P

Is that in the familyroom of the TTH? Imagine having to pick up those balls when they inevitably get thrown all around that enormous room.  Oh well, lots of lost girls who will no doubt have servants hearts and "willingly" pick them up.

11 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

If I remember correctly, Jessa was really pushing for Jordyn Makayah and I think in the end, Michelle decided on Jordyn-Grace Makayah. Most likely because she knew Jessa was the sister mom and would have to say her sister child's name the most. But Jessa was also a teenager at the time so her tastes have probably changed quite a bit since then. 

11 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

16 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If I remember correctly, Jessa was really pushing for Jordyn Makayah and I think in the end, Michelle decided on Jordyn-Grace Makayah. Most likely because she knew Jessa was the sister mom and would have to say her sister child's name the most. But Jessa was also a teenager at the time so her tastes have probably changed quite a bit since then. 

I'm pretty sure Jessa chose Jordyn for the Jordan River and Makiya for the Biblical prophet Micaiah...Jessa has always been a fan of religiously significant names

30 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The whole family voted for that name, and Michelle added the grace part to please JB, who was pushing to name the kid Julie grace

50 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

The whole family voted for that name, and Michelle added the grace part to please JB, who was pushing to name the kid Julie grace

I remember the episode. Jessa even made a banner I think. She really pushed for that name before they all voted in the room together. Then JB asked Michelle about the name right after her birth and you could barely understand Michelle but she seemed to have the final say of Jordyn-Grace Makiya. 

1 hour ago, eleanora3 said:

I'm pretty sure Jessa chose Jordyn for the Jordan River and Makiya for the Biblical prophet Micaiah...Jessa has always been a fan of religiously significant names

And I just want to say that the random misspelling with a "y" is something a teenager would do. And they did it with both names. I'm shocked they didn't use Grayce :my_dodgy:

@VixenToast re:boys names - I so so much agree! I had three boys names on my lists. The same three names, well, minus the one we used for Bigfoot. All very common top 5 names. Now girls names, lists and lists and lists....but DD has the name I picked for my first daughter in high school. Think very famous song about a witch/goddess (she's named after the goddess). My youngest was orginally named after a Doctor Who companion but changed his name to my favorite on my boys list!

14 hours ago, eleanora3 said:

I'd say their noses are pretty similar, as well as their eyes. Plus the stylish plaid shirts, too.  ;) 

They are cute little kids, though, & look a great deal like their mommas.

13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

In terms of maturation, Jessa is still a teenager.

14 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

At least they didn't go with Spurgyn Ellyott. That's maturation, right? :-|

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

At least they didn't go with Spurgyn Ellyott. That's maturation, right? :-|

Come on, Spurgeon is a MALE. No Ys with males (except the sperm). Bwahhhhhhhh-:56247958af296_32(20):

The episode where they name Jordyn is available on YouTube and Joy is the one who suggests Jordyn Makiya. One of the boys previously suggested Julie Grace, so I think they agreed on adding Grace to her name somewhere.

2 minutes ago, season of life said:

The episode where they name Jordyn is available on YouTube and Joy is the one who suggests Jordyn Makiya. One of the boys previously suggested Julie Grace, so I think they agreed on adding Grace to her name somewhere.

Well obviously they couldn't totally discount the opinion of a male! :pb_lol:

3 hours ago, season of life said:

Jessa is the one who invented the name, and then she got her sisters (Joy, Jana, etc.) to campaign for it amongst her siblings at that family meeting. Same with Julie Grace - the little boy isn't the one who invented the name. You could tell that the name discussions had been going on for a while before that family meeting.

23 hours ago, eleanora3 said:

I agree though both look very much like their parents. Spurgeon's hair kills me, it's so cute. 

On 12/19/2016 at 5:03 PM, eleanora3 said:

It's like the weirder your name, the cuter you are. Spurgeon what he lacks in normal name, he makes up for by being the cutest kid ever (other than mine, of course :) ). He could be a Gerber baby. I hate even complimenting him given his parents, but he's his own person and undeniably adorable.

On 12/18/2016 at 0:23 AM, VixenToast said:

looking up boy names is more boring than looking up girls. :P

Gotta say, when I found out both my twins were boys, I felt the same way. I had numerous girl's names I loved and no boy names at all. I eventually found them, but wow it was hard!

7 hours ago, season of life said:

One of the boys previously suggested Julie Grace, so I think they agreed on adding Grace to her name somewhere.

I don't recall why I think this, but I have had the impression Jim Bob really loved the name Julie and after it was rejected for Jordyn, he was saving it for a baby he knew would live. Because if he loved it so much for Jordyn, why did he not name Josie that? And then why not Jubilee? But then, he's got like a billion J-named daughters and if the name was so special to him, he'd've used it already.

7 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I mean, really, so is Michelle Duggar. She has been married for decades, has a bazillion children, and still appears to have the mental capacity and emotional maturity of a 17 year old.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived