IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part 12: Baby

samurai_sarah

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No doubt he got this through Duggar connections, but if he's smart and does a decent job, he could parlay these gigs into greater financial independence. I don't see any indication of Ben wanting to stay tied indefinitely to the Duggar income stream but Jessa's another story. I'm sure he's not making much off this (and maybe nothing at all), but it's good visibility and practice.

Well Ben is definitely not a natural born preacher, more of a self-styled 'scholar' of his brand of Christianity. (Like naming his kid after Charles Spurgeon, who he apparently reads and contemplates). But this isn't a bad way to get a gig as a minister somewhere, and gain some experience and network, as others pointed out. If Jeremy helps him write his speech or sermon or whatever it's called and he practices, it might be OK (like not be a meandering mumbling mess). And it would be great for Spurgeon to have some freedom from Jim Bob, however that can happen. He's a sweet kid and Jessa and Ben are obviously keeping him happy. Jessa doesn't seem like she treats her own offspring the way she treats others (smugly)- which is nice to see! I was worried she might be a distant, self-absorbed type of parent. She at least doesn't appear to be distant - and clearly dotes on him. Hopefully it continues, even with a small brood.

A Duggar appearance will bring leg Humpers and those Leg humpers will have to pay to get in or simply those curious to see a reality TV "star".  Then they may buy whatever is being sold  at the conference. That money will line pockets. 

It is not about Ben being a good speaker or preacher at all. Any Duggar could show up really.  

On twins:

Come on, Benessa... that's getting so old. How about adopting twins?

For some reason I'm imagining a set of twins being adopted out with one child going to the Smugwalds, the other to the Dullards. Hopefully this would never happen, but I could see them trying as a warped ploy to be more 'interesting' and get ratings. It would be a cruel social experiment that I wouldn't wish on anybody. Then again, so would allowing any child to be adopted into these families.

4 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

.....she's going to name her next child Tozer, isn't she :my_dodgy:

It's still better than Spurgeon... Unless they call it Toe for short :56247976a36a8_Gigglespatgiggle:

Does it count as 'preaching' if you're not a preacher? Serious question.

I seriously wonder if any of these people think he has something worthy to say or if they know having a D-list fundie will draw crowds.

15 hours ago, sunshine said:

15747372_239348259810552_7059110885687743234_n.png

Ben had the doctor on his little YouTube show. 

I looked up the JeremiahCry ministry. I wonder about this statement in context of how the Duggars have handled things. 

God alone is Lord of the conscience; and He hath left it free from the doctrines and commandments of men, which are in anything contrary to His word, or not contained in it. Civil magistrates being ordained of God, subjection in all lawful things commanded by them ought to be yielded by us in the Lord, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

The Mans initials stand for Aiden Wilson. Neither of those are bad names at all so maybe she will go for one of them.

Yes, except they went with Spurgeon for the first name and Elliot for the middle name the first go around. If they had thought to switch it, Elliot would have been an adorable kid's first name. But they f'd that up royally, so I don't have much hope that they'll use common sense the second time. I am pretty sure we'll be welcoming a Tozer or Tebow Seewald into the world soon...

If it means anything If she has a girl most of the famous woman missionaries and preachers have fairly normal if old fashioned names no worse than what hipsters are using right now. 

2 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

The Mans initials stand for Aiden Wilson. Neither of those are bad names at all so maybe she will go for one of them.

She could have gone with Charles or Haddon instead of Spurgeon, but of course she picked the last name

We only have a little over a month before we will know. Assuming that Spudnik 2 is on time. Jessa, I believe, was close to her due date with Spurgeon.

2 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

We only have a little over a month before we will know. Assuming that Spudnik 2 is on time. Jessa, I believe, was close to her due date with Spurgeon.

She was due Nov. 1st. When was Sputnik 1 born?

2 hours ago, eleanora3 said:

She could have gone with Charles or Haddon instead of Spurgeon, but of course she picked the last name

I don't think Jessa picked Spurgeon's name, I think that was Ben all the way.

11 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

I remember there was speculation that the reason they took so long to decide on Spurgeon's name was because they couldn't agree on which name should be first, Spurgeon or Elliott. I wouldn't be surprised if Jessa would have preferred Elliott but she had to defer naming rights to her headship.

28 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

12 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

I remember there was speculation that the reason they took so long to decide on Spurgeon's name was because they couldn't agree on which name should be first, Spurgeon or Elliott. I wouldn't be surprised if Jessa would have preferred Elliott but she had to defer naming rights to her headship.

In a TH Jessa said that they both agreed on the name Spurgeon, but couldn't decide on the middle name. They originally wanted "Michael" but didn't feel it flowed. They came up with Elliot three days after he was born

1 hour ago, eleanora3 said:

In a TH Jessa said that they both agreed on the name Spurgeon, but couldn't decide on the middle name. They originally wanted "Michael" but didn't feel it flowed. They came up with Elliot three days after he was born

How could anything flow with Spurgeon???

2 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

Yeah I think there was some sort of an issue with Spurgeon. I don't remember Jessa looking overly pleased. I do wish that they had used Elliot Spurgeon. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived