IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part 12: Baby

samurai_sarah

7 hours ago, HeadshipRegent said:

My friend's parents actually went through what her 8 year old self suggested and named her sister Muriel after the old lady in Courage the Cowardly Dog. Tragic.

I don't hate the name Muriel, for some reason.  And it's definitely better than Spurgeon, which an adult actually came up with.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

I don't hate the name Muriel, for some reason.  And it's definitely better than Spurgeon, which an adult actually came up with.

"Adult" ;)

13 hours ago, SamiKatz said:

I think most kids that age would like the paper bag better than the present inside.  And they may have given him more than the socks seen in the video.

Because you can fill up a paper bag with air, pop it and make people jump!  Yes, I'm the 'fun' aunt.

14 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

There are like 15 beds in the boys dorm. Why are they sleeping on the couch?

Maybe it's like a fun Christmas sleepover situation? 

14 hours ago, Stormy said:

I was watching some of Jessa's Instagram videos and was reminded of how delightful Spurgeon truly is, even by non-Duggar standards. Jessa and Ben are in for a rude awakening when they eventually get a more "difficult" baby. (Source: my parents and my younger brother. I was the Spurgeon.)

My son was Spurgeon, he was such a sweet baby, always happy and easy going, our daughter on the other hand. She's 16 and STILL a PITA, we've always called her she who must be entertained. Even as a child she couldn't be set down with a pile of toys for me  to make them breakfast or lunch or for me to take a shower or pee.  She would scream until either her brother or I would sit down with her. even at 3 years old he new how to shut her up, play with her. Hubby and I always joke that if she had been 1st she'd have been last, as it stands she was last, I wanted another one but hubby was DONE he kept saying what if we get another one like her?  We were spoiled with our son.  He didn't become a PITA until high school. 

7 hours ago, Karma said:

My BIL and SIL had a delightful first child. My BIL was keen to have a second, but my SIL told me she was worried a second one might turn out like my own son (definitely difficult), so she was happy with one.  Way to insult your nephew and SIL!   (They did end up having a second, and she's gorgeous as well. Sigh.)

On Jessa's video - looks like Tyler to me as well. He might not have been sleeping on the lounge, he might have got up and come downstairs to see the gifts because he hasn't adjusted to Duggar time yet.  Seriously, what normal home with multiple young kids has only one awake at 7am on Christmas day??

That's horrible! Who says that? Some people really need a filter between their brain and their mouth. :naughty:

I feel she deserves terrible teenagers ... 

So I am the only person who saw someone non-caucasion sleeping on the couch? Maybe I need my eyes checked. Ha!

Okay...so I tried to get a screenshot of the person I am talking about but it's blurry since Jessa was moving. Here it is anyway....the person wearing orange....(you can see him a bit better in the actual video.) Anyway, I always think it's strange to see non-family sleeping over on a pretty big holiday. But that's just me.

sleepover_zpsfqcdeaed.jpg

Tyler is wearing grey, and now  I think I see James as well.  I thought the orange bits were all cushions, @ClaraOswin, but maybe I need my eyes checked as well!

I assumed there must be other people staying there judging by the number of cars - surely more cars than there are Duggar drivers given 4 are married?  And that RV/bus is parked very close, maybe for power?

6 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

OK, I only read the Seewald, Dullard and Jinjeremger threads so I have to ask:

WHO IS TYLER?

Oh, didn't you hear?  The year after Jubilee, Michelle got pregnant and had #20, and they named him... ...Tyler.  :wink-penguin: :562479b0cbc9f_whistle1:

13 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

OK, I only read the Seewald, Dullard and Jinjeremger threads so I have to ask:

WHO IS TYLER?

Tyler's the great-nephew that JB and Michelle adopted. He's the son of Michelle's niece.

1 hour ago, ljohnson2006 said:

Could it be the Hartano boy? 

He/she looks too dark to be a Hartono boy, even in that lighting. 

The Duggars do have one or two non-white friends (just to show that they're not racist while being horribly offensive in foreign countries/restaurants) 

1 hour ago, ljohnson2006 said:

Could it be the Hartano boy? 

Could be, did anyone else notice the dozen or so cars outside of TTH? i'm guessing they had several guests and they had several adults int eh boys dorm and extra kids in the girls dorm. so all the howlers and older boys were sleeping on couches and recliners. 

My first child was pretty easy...she could entertain herself. My second was a little more demanding, my last was my last for a reason. He could NOT stand being more than 6 inches from mommy for the first 3-4 years of his life. Even now, at 26, although he lives about 800 miles away, he STILL is calling, texting, messaging, every damn day!!!!

7 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I think they have permanent guardianship of Tyler. I don't think they've adopted him yet.

You're right and I'm a dingbat lol.

On 22/12/2016 at 4:43 PM, Georgiana said:

I feel like asking children to suggest names is asking for trouble unless they are older or you can do it in a vote format like the Duggars.  Otherwise, young kids tend to hear "you can suggest some names" as "you can pick the name" and/or might take it personally if their suggestion is not selected.  

I've been around for the meltdown when mom and dad announced names, and then they had to explain to a tearful older sibling why the baby was NOT being named "Rapunzel" or "Sleepgood" or "<OlderSibling> 2" or something that sounds lovely in Harry Potter but maybe isn't right for your Muggle baby.  Luckily, they weren't TOO set on Sleepgood, but there were actually some very hurt feelings when mom and dad announced they were NOT going to name the baby after their big sibling/Rapunzel.  

I pre-approved list that they get to weigh in on might be the route I go, but that's a LONG way off, if ever.  

We had stepson pick son's middlename (we ask other people to pick middle names for our kids) and he picked... His own name. Haha

On 23/12/2016 at 11:57 AM, ClaraOswin said:

I don't think her belly looks exceptionally large for 34 weeks. I think mine was a bit bigger and my kid wasn't massive when he arrived just days before his due date (7 pounds, 13 ounces.)

Hey our boys are birth weight twins!

3 hours ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

Tyler's the great-nephew that JB and Michelle adopted. He's the son of Michelle's niece.

Huh. I read that online and rolled my eyes thinking it was a fake story. My bad (haven't been on here much this month!) Thanks for the info!

6 minutes ago, Kira said:

The teaser for the new season of "Counting On" is hinting that the Seewalds are expecting twins.

They hinted that the first pregnancy was twins too. I'll believe it when she shows us an ultrasound.

1 hour ago, Bethella said:

They hinted that the first pregnancy was twins too. I'll believe it when she shows us an ultrasound.

I don't know that I would believe it even then. 

On names of children:after reading Harry Potter books, when DD complained about her name I would tell her, "Hush up, I could've named you Nymphadora!"

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived