IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part 12: Baby

samurai_sarah

22 minutes ago, twinmama said:

I don't recall why I think this, but I have had the impression Jim Bob really loved the name Julie and after it was rejected for Jordyn, he was saving it for a baby he knew would live. Because if he loved it so much for Jordyn, why did he not name Josie that? And then why not Jubilee? But then, he's got like a billion J-named daughters and if the name was so special to him, he'd've used it already.

Maybe he just loved it more then Jordyn. Having the whole family involved like that really makes a point of it not being JB and Michelles baby as much as it's the whole familys. 

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

Maybe he just loved it more then Jordyn. Having the whole family involved like that really makes a point of it not being JB and Michelles baby as much as it's the whole familys. 

This is another one of those "because it's the Duggars it's a shitty thing" situations. In a normal family, I would think that's a great thing. Involving your existing children in the pregnancy and expecting of a new baby is good. But with the Duggars, it's like "well you'll be the ones raising it 15 year old girls, so you can help name the new baby."

22 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

Well when you think about it, Jordyn was more the child of Jessa who mostly raised her. THe only thing that Michelle really did was breast feed her and then nearly choke her by feeding her lying down. 

14 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Well when you think about it, Jordyn was more the child of Jessa who mostly raised her. THe only thing that Michelle really did was breast feed her and then nearly choke her by feeding her lying down

I always found that odd & puzzling (not to mention disturbing). I could see doing that if she (Jordyn) had a medical issue where she had to eat laying down, but you can't tell me that they didn't have at least a baby bucket (aka car seat) laying around that could've been used.

But then again, I'm not a parent, so what do I know.  :: shrugs ::

21 hours ago, twinmama said:

This is another one of those "because it's the Duggars it's a shitty thing" situations. In a normal family, I would think that's a great thing. Involving your existing children in the pregnancy and expecting of a new baby is good. But with the Duggars, it's like "well you'll be the ones raising it 15 year old girls, so you can help name the new baby."

Yes, that's true to a point. But if we ever have another baby I would be happy to involve Miniway and let him suggest names. But if he came up with a name my husband hated it wouldn't be the name we chose. In our family the parents of the baby will always have the last say when it comes to naming it. 

7 hours ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

I always found that odd & puzzling (not to mention disturbing). I could see doing that if she (Jordyn) had a medical issue where she had to eat laying down, but you can't tell me that they didn't have at least a baby bucket (aka car seat) laying around that could've been used.

But then again, I'm not a parent, so what do I know.  :: shrugs ::

I can't think of a single medical condition where a child being soon fed solid foods would need to fed in the supine position.  Any Degreed Medical Professionals care to weigh in on this?

Michelle has given the minimum effort to raise her babies, up until she was ready for another and passed them off to their big sisters. It does not surprise me she fed her baby in that position and didn't think about potential risks.

The Duggars are apparently so pro-life that birth control pills equal abortifants, but then they do things like let their teenage daughters raise their younger kids for them, which could result in the actual loss of a life! ::SMFH:: :pb_confused:

13 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

I can't think of a single medical condition where a child being soon fed solid foods would need to fed in the supine position.  Any Degreed Medical Professionals care to weigh in on this?

All the medical conditions I know involving positions for eating would need upright eating eg reflux etc.  No condition would make lying down to eat idea, though some conditions may mean people need extra support for sitting.  

Same with puppies!

https://www.buzzfeed.com/krishrach/this-puppy-has-to-sit-in-a-special-chair-when-it-eats?utm_term=.twPZEnlMk#.slO5ZXN7Q

16 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Wasn't it peas, straight out of the can?

That's the memory that I have. Green peas straight from a can, as dim bulb was doing something...I think it might have been the time that him and Joshley were trying to lose weight. 

16 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

That's the memory that I have. Green peas straight from a can, as dim bulb was doing something...I think it might have been the time that him and Joshley were trying to lose weight. 

Lifting weights over her soft little head. Damn, how all of their kids survived infancy amazes me

1 minute ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Lifting weights over her soft little head. Damn, how all of their kids survived infancy amazes me

Right! What a dumbass! 

2 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

I wonder how much was averted by a cameraman. Like, I bet there's footage somewhere where a cameraman put his equipment down and helped to avert disaster.

On 12/2/2016 at 8:26 PM, BabyBottlePop said:

That's pretty bad. Hearing "All I Want to Do is Make Love to You" by Heart is a weird one I've experienced in a grocery store. 

Just laughed out loud at work while reading this.  Everyone is looking at me now...LOL!

1 hour ago, BabyBottlePop said:

I wonder how much was averted by a cameraman. Like, I bet there's footage somewhere where a cameraman put his equipment down and helped to avert disaster.

Like when all those kids would pile down the bus stairs carrying carseats [containing little ones] that were as big as themselves. I'd cringe every time I saw that happen.

1 hour ago, Fundie Bunny said:

He is so Jessa in that pic that i'm starting to think she reproduce by mitosis

Explain to me how he is so jessa in that pic

I feel like asking children to suggest names is asking for trouble unless they are older or you can do it in a vote format like the Duggars.  Otherwise, young kids tend to hear "you can suggest some names" as "you can pick the name" and/or might take it personally if their suggestion is not selected.  

I've been around for the meltdown when mom and dad announced names, and then they had to explain to a tearful older sibling why the baby was NOT being named "Rapunzel" or "Sleepgood" or "<OlderSibling> 2" or something that sounds lovely in Harry Potter but maybe isn't right for your Muggle baby.  Luckily, they weren't TOO set on Sleepgood, but there were actually some very hurt feelings when mom and dad announced they were NOT going to name the baby after their big sibling/Rapunzel.  

I pre-approved list that they get to weigh in on might be the route I go, but that's a LONG way off, if ever.  

Tired and watched Spurgie dancing out of the corner of my eye, no sound, while looking for a pen... And saw a Jim-Bob Chucky. Lucky for me the sleeping pic came later, else I might get nightmares! 

8 minutes ago, Thorns said:

Tired and watched Spurgie dancing out of the corner of my eye, no sound, while looking for a pen... And saw a Jim-Bob Chucky. Lucky for me the sleeping pic came later, else I might get nightmares! 

yikes O.O that's worse than my Jeremy cookie monster...

4 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Awww he's so cute! Sleeping Duggar style in his jeans. 

I don't see the 'so cute' in Spurgeon. Cute, yes. 

Both he and Israel look too much like Jim Bob, who isn't cute, and not only because he *is* Jim Bob.

1 hour ago, Lizzybet said:

I don't see the 'so cute' in Spurgeon. Cute, yes. 

Both he and Israel look too much like Jim Bob, who isn't cute, and not only because he *is* Jim Bob.

i used to think the same, but in the past couple of months i think spurgeon has gotten a whole lot cuter. still waiting on israel...

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived