IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part 12: Baby

samurai_sarah

Awwwww. It makes me happy to see him dancing. Maybe, just maybe this generation will be a wee bit more flexible with their beliefs??

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Awwwww. It makes me happy to see him dancing. Maybe, just maybe this generation will be a wee bit more flexible with their beliefs??

Maybe they'll all have a manageable number of kids that they can properly parent.

Who could look on this child doing what comes naturally to him when he hears music and think that it could possibly be of the devil? 

I figured it out. Since they like last names so much. Dever Sproul Seewald. 

Also, S.Elliott is definitely adorable. I hope he grows up rebelling against all of their beliefs. 

Well, it's not rap but it's a song I've always liked.

Spoiler

I think his dancing is really cute and I'm glad they let him do it. He's pretty darn cute.

I also saw today that Jessa really likes the HGTV show Fixer Upper. I suppose it's "approved" since Chip and Jojo are christians. But hey...at least it's something normal!

I too am glad that they didn't stop him from dancing. He was having such a good time! And isn't that how all babies dance? It's pretty darn cute.

19 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

Hide contents

I think his dancing is really cute and I'm glad they let him do it. He's pretty darn cute.

I also saw today that Jessa really likes the HGTV show Fixer Upper. I suppose it's "approved" since Chip and Jojo are christians. But hey...at least it's something normal!

My favorite. My goal is to learn how to play it on piano.

On 12/14/2016 at 10:06 AM, Rachel333 said:

Jack and Lewis would both be decent names they could use in honor of C.S. Lewis.

You're right, they are both decent names, I just think they're a little too "normal" for Binessa.... 

On 12/13/2016 at 7:43 PM, Carm_88 said:

I hope not too. He seems to be so easy going too. So that probably helps a fair bit. 

He is precious :) they do make pretty babies...good thing that he's easy going because, imo, the firstborn child usually has a harder time than those that follow, more is expected of them.

23 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

Reveal hidden contents

umm...I think Chip is somewhere south of normal O.o I used to watch them all the time, miss those big skies, but now I don't very often because Chip gets on my last nerve now

43 minutes ago, goldengrove said:

He is precious :) they do make pretty babies...good thing that he's easy going because, imo, the firstborn child usually has a harder time than those that follow, more is expected of them.

umm...I think Chip is somewhere south of normal O.o I used to watch them all the time, miss those big skies, but now I don't very often because Chip gets on my last nerve now

Chip reminds me of Jim Bob :puke-front:

I wonder if Chip is "on" all the time like on the show. If so...there's no way I could live with that!

On 12/14/2016 at 3:26 PM, ClaraOswin said:

Reveal hidden contents

And they have the forbidden TV. Progress.

On 15/12/2016 at 7:26 AM, ClaraOswin said:

I also saw today that Jessa really likes the HGTV show Fixer Upper. I suppose it's "approved" since Chip and Jojo are christians. 

Chip and Jojo sound like names you'd choose for your pet Guinea Pig. When you're about three years old.

26 minutes ago, CorruptionInc. said:

Chip and Jojo sound like names you'd choose for your pet Guinea Pig. When you're about three years old.

Her real name is Johanna, so it's more normal than Chip at least. I never understood Chip as an actual name.

I literally watch Fixer Upper, because one, I like the style but also because Chip reminds me of my goofy, Southern Dad who would be all playful with my serious, introverted German Mama, and so it's just nice to watch for me <3

I thought Chip, was a nickname for Charles? . . . or maybe I just made that up in my head.  Off to google I go to fact check!  According to Wiki (so take it with a grain of salt - it's short for Charles, and/or Christopher)

2 hours ago, halcionne said:

Chip reminds me of Jim Bob :puke-front:

Lol, Chip could care less how he comes across, hence why he's all over the place. 
JB would never be okay with anybody thinking anything less than the image he tries to project . . . jmo ;)

3 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

And they have the forbidden TV. Progress.

She's watching it on a laptop so that must make it okay.

39 minutes ago, season of life said:

Her real name is Johanna, so it's more normal than Chip at least. I never understood Chip as an actual name.

I never understood it either. I always find myself having to Google to remind myself what it's a nickname for. I am not a fan of the name.

I think Chip is funny on the show in small doses. Actually, I like the show, in general, in small doses. I can't wait too many in a row since their designs are always so similar.

On 12/14/2016 at 11:02 AM, Carm_88 said:

They probably could read the comic strip. There's nothing that would really defraud them, it's pretty tame.

I could see them saying the little redheaded girl is defrauding Charlie Brown or frowning upon his platonic friendship with Peppermint Patty (who also wears shorts and sandals). There's always something for the Duggars to disapprove about with even the most innocent forms of entertainment.

Chip reminds me of my husband. He likes to make someone crack when they are being super serious. He just wants to brighten their day. When he needs to be serious he can be but if someone is anxious or stressed he'll do his best to snap that.  Also just like JoJo I'm a frequent target. 

Chip. Chance. Chase. I don't get any of these names. Same with Trace, etc.  People like what they like.

One thing I've noticed about Fixer Upper houses is that they all have that giant clock face and distressed furniture in there. I dont' like it.

And my next house will NOT have "open floor plan"! Too echo-y and noisy!

Watching a HGTV marathon of any show is insanity. And I mean that in the way of you'll be watching the same thing over and over again, while expecting different results. It's crazy how many times some of these people will say "It's so different from anything we've done before." No it's not! [emoji58]

Watching a HGTV marathon of any show is insanity. And I mean that in the way of you'll be watching the same thing over and over again, while expecting different results. It's crazy how many times some of these people will say "It's so different from anything we've done before." No it's not! [emoji58]

59 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

Chip. Chance. Chase. I don't get any of these names. Same with Trace, etc.  People like what they like.

One thing I've noticed about Fixer Upper houses is that they all have that giant clock face and distressed furniture in there. I dont' like it.

And my next house will NOT have "open floor plan"! Too echo-y and noisy!

I think a lot (most?) of the furniture in the "reveal" is just staging furniture. So I'm sure they use a lot of the same stuff over and over.

I think and open floor plan has it's pros and cons. Right now, with a toddler, I love it. Because I can do other things while still keeping a close eye on him. When he's a teenager, I might change my mind. Ha!

11 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

I think a lot (most?) of the furniture in the "reveal" is just staging furniture. So I'm sure they use a lot of the same stuff over and over.

I think and open floor plan has it's pros and cons. Right now, with a toddler, I love it. Because I can do other things while still keeping a close eye on him. When he's a teenager, I might change my mind. Ha!

I'm with you on all you said.  I think, in 30 years or so, your son's generation will be viewing houses, and wondering what the hell we were thinking, taking down the walls. It's colder, drafty, barn-like, no privacy for anything (I lived in a mid mod house growing up).  Probably not all of the beams that have been installed to hold the huge weight in this situation have been done correctly, possibly causing major structural problems, something else that will concern those future home buyers.

But, everything old is new again, right?  I have lived long enough to see that that is really true...

45 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Watching a HGTV marathon of any show is insanity. And I mean that in the way of you'll be watching the same thing over and over again, while expecting different results. It's crazy how many times some of these people will say "It's so different from anything we've done before." No it's not! emoji58.png

Watching a HGTV marathon of any show is insanity. And I mean that in the way of you'll be watching the same thing over and over again, while expecting different results. It's crazy how many times some of these people will say "It's so different from anything we've done before." No it's not! emoji58.png

given the topic, did you mean to repeat yourself? :giggle:

15 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

Chip Gaines in no way impresses me as being like Jim Boob. And the designs are all similar, right down to the paint colors.

No, I don't think Chip has any evil in him, and he's not stupid...he's just goofy to an annoying degree.  Joanna is a very smart and classy lady imo, she's the brains, and if he acts the way off camera that he does on, then she must have the patience of a saint.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived