IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part 12: Baby

samurai_sarah

I think Spurgeon has gotten incredibly adorable. Izzy was adorable at first, but lately i keep seeing the JB look in him. It will be interesting to see how their faces continue to change and what parts of their families we see manifest.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Spurgeon looks like Jessa but I don't necessarily see Jim Bob in him. I do see Jim Bob in Izzy but there are times where he looks like Dan as well. I just think that Spurgeon's curls and chubby cheeks, plus the jolliness of his personality (from what I've seen) is adorable. 

30 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

plus the jolliness of his personality (from what I've seen) is adorable. 

It IS adorable, and I hope it doesn't get beat/shamed/stifled out of him as he grows up. :(

Jessa's getting irritated with fans saying she looks sad in her bump picture, but she's trying to shut them up as sweetly and cheerfully as she can

Screen Shot 2016-12-23 at 12.18.34 AM.png

15538339_355275574829953_1459899829617426432_n.jpg

3 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

Where is she in that second photo? It doesn't look familiar to me.

I think that's the girls' room in the TTH, I remember that curtain from when they were redecorating

10 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Awww he's so cute! Sleeping Duggar style in his jeans. 

Aww that little baby butt up in the air.

8 hours ago, Georgiana said:

I feel like asking children to suggest names is asking for trouble unless they are older or you can do it in a vote format like the Duggars.  Otherwise, young kids tend to hear "you can suggest some names" as "you can pick the name" and/or might take it personally if their suggestion is not selected.  

I've been around for the meltdown when mom and dad announced names, and then they had to explain to a tearful older sibling why the baby was NOT being named "Rapunzel" or "Sleepgood" or "<OlderSibling> 2" or something that sounds lovely in Harry Potter but maybe isn't right for your Muggle baby.  Luckily, they weren't TOO set on Sleepgood, but there were actually some very hurt feelings when mom and dad announced they were NOT going to name the baby after their big sibling/Rapunzel.  

I pre-approved list that they get to weigh in on might be the route I go, but that's a LONG way off, if ever.  

Yeah, when you let children name babies you get names like Spurgeon.

10 hours ago, eleanora3 said:

Jessa's getting irritated with fans saying she looks sad in her bump picture, but she's trying to shut them up as sweetly and cheerfully as she can

Screen Shot 2016-12-23 at 12.18.34 AM.png

15538339_355275574829953_1459899829617426432_n.jpg

Going be another big baby. She looks so much older in that second photo.

I don't think her belly looks exceptionally large for 34 weeks. I think mine was a bit bigger and my kid wasn't massive when he arrived just days before his due date (7 pounds, 13 ounces.)

I *think* she's eating healthier this time, too. Remember all those fast food posts she and Ben had last pregnancy? She looks skinnier in the face, too. This could possibly mean a smaller (normal sized) baby

3 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

I *think* she's eating healthier this time, too. Remember all those fast food posts she and Ben had last pregnancy? She looks skinnier in the face, too. This could possibly mean a smaller (normal sized) baby

Apparently a baby's birth weight is very influenced by the mother's childhood diet, The bigger the baby the worst the diet (processed food ect) while the smaller baby can be put down to lack of nutrients etc. It's only one factor but it Makes sense that the Duggar grandbabies will/are be huge with all that crap they have been brought up on. 

She deffo looks slimmer in the face and arms tho (not that she looked big before)

I feel for her on that one, I have resting bitch face, so if I wasn't concentrating on what my face was doing...I'd have that expression as well. 

He seems like he has a really good temperament. Jessa really got lucky. That doesn't sound like Jessa's voice though, who do you think it is?

He's such an incredibly cute child. I loved his reaction to the car horn outside lol. 

On a different note, I really think Jessa seems to be a good mom. Hard to remember the shit show poor Spurgey is going to be brought up in. I wish Ben. Jessa, and kiddos would just escape and be the "super 'cool', suburban soccer/football/basketball/cheerleading" parents they seemed destined to be. 

I still find it interesting that Jessa seems like such a more loving/warm mom than Jill. I really expected it to be the other way around.

I don't think we've seen the "adult" Jessa yet. I think she will emerge, and when she does, she'll make waves. 

I think it will be due to something Bin does or doesn't do for her, she's going to wake up and realize she's been short changed in life, and then she's going to do something about it. Just my prediction/hope :D

17 hours ago, Gemini said:

Apparently a baby's birth weight is very influenced by the mother's childhood diet, The bigger the baby the worst the diet (processed food ect) while the smaller baby can be put down to lack of nutrients etc. It's only one factor but it Makes sense that the Duggar grandbabies will/are be huge with all that crap they have been brought up on. 

She deffo looks slimmer in the face and arms tho (not that she looked big before)

Interesting, can you share a source for that? I must be an outlier, as I was raised on mung beans, brown rice, and home made yoghurt, but my first kid was 9lbs3.5oz... 

1 hour ago, bal maiden said:

Interesting, can you share a source for that? I must be an outlier, as I was raised on mung beans, brown rice, and home made yoghurt, but my first kid was 9lbs3.5oz... 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/science/2014/feb/17/birth-weight-mother-diet-child-pregnant?client=safari

thats the only one I can find at the moment, but there is some on bigger babies too. I did a bit of research on it, just out of curiosity as I had a large baby (the other was preterm) and a shitty diet as a kid. I'll keep looking for some more articles, with the bigger babies included, when I have time 

like I said, it's one of many factors, but they all seem to have larger babies, so it makes you wonder. Although I don't think it's a big enough Factor to make you an outlier lol 

12 hours ago, formerhsfundie said:

I don't think we've seen the "adult" Jessa yet. I think she will emerge, and when she does, she'll make waves. 

I think it will be due to something Bin does or doesn't do for her, she's going to wake up and realize she's been short changed in life, and then she's going to do something about it. Just my prediction/hope :D

14 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Also Spurgeon is now walking! 

I can't take my eyes off those books...very curious about what they are. 

12 hours ago, formerhsfundie said:

Sometimes I have a little hope for Jessa. Not that she will change some of her horrible views (I don't expect any of them to do that), but sometimes it just seems impossible for me to think she won't ever realize she was handed the short end of the stick her whole life. She seems a little wittier than some of the other Duggars.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived