IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part 12: Baby

samurai_sarah

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Kangaroo, tosser is more of a British insult, but it is possible that you might hear it across the pond here in the USA.  I still wouldn't give my child a name that could be used as an insult. We do have British relatives and friends though so that might color my opinion.

is this the type of ministry Ben only get - conferences --with older people who will out do him. 

What will he say? will anyone but the humpers go? Why did it take so long to get this conference alone? 

by that time Spud will be nearly 2 and the second one will be 4 months - will he trot them out? 

Will Flame show up? the questions are endless 

Tozer sounds like a hockey nickname to me. "Hey Tozer that goal was a beauty eh?" Perhaps it's because it's close to Tazer which is a nickname but all the same...strange name!

All of those speakers look so much older than Ben, and most of them are affiliated somewhere. That coupled with Ben's... Lack of public speaking fluency? (There, that was a nice way to say stoner-chic and dumb as a brick, right?) Seems like a recipe for embarrassment.

14 minutes ago, BackseatMom said:

All of those speakers look so much older than Ben, and most of them are affiliated somewhere. That coupled with Ben's... Lack of public speaking fluency? (There, that was a nice way to say stoner-chic and dumb as a brick, right?) Seems like a recipe for embarrassment.

As much as I disagree with nearly everything Voddie Baucham and Scott Brown have to say, they are good speakers in terms of fluency and expression. And in the world of Evangelical Reformation, they are prominent and respected figures. 

Who on earth thought to add Ben Seewald to that line up? Not only is he a piss poor public speaker, he's a 21 year old newlywed with neither church leading experience nor theology training. What exactly is he going to say?

21 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Who on earth thought to add Ben Seewald to that line up? Not only is he a piss poor public speaker, he's a 21 year old newlywed with neither church leading experience nor theology training. What exactly is he going to say?

They wanted to sell tickets to leghumpers of the Duggars? 

Ben is going to say the same things that he always does, a whole lot of nothing, in a very very long amount of time. 

They wanted to sell tickets to leghumpers of the Duggars? 
Ben is going to say the same things that he always does, a whole lot of nothing, in a very very long amount of time. 

I'd imagine it would be much of the same in the bedroom - long drawled out speeches of passion in an attempt to keep himself going longer, all while Jessa lays there and thinks of... Jesus and hopes it'll all be over soon so she can go back to taking selfies.

Or he's a total 2 minute man. Wham, bam, thank you ma'am!

6 hours ago, Georgia3112 said:

@TakingBibleClasses I think maybe he is there as a "student" or something? Like talking about the journey he has to follow in order to become a preacher? As an "example"?

Maybe, but it seems strange that he would be listed as a featured speaker. He's not even an advanced student; he's in, what, the first year of his program? I really do think they're just exploiting the fact that he's Duggar-adjacent, and that that's a really crappy thing to do to a really eager kid who is not ready for this.

14 minutes ago, actuallyjessica said:

I'd imagine it would be much of the same in the bedroom - long drawled out speeches of passion in an attempt to keep himself going longer, all while Jessa lays there and thinks of... Jesus and hopes it'll all be over soon so she can go back to taking selfies.

Or he's a total 2 minute man. Wham, bam, thank you ma'am!

Well that was an image that I didn't need. :brainbleach:

Wow, I just threw up a little. :brainbleach:

Anyway, that is exactly my point (about the relative speaking ability, not the sex :brainbleach:). What can he possibly add? Unless TLC is changing their filming policies and is going to film part of this travesty.

@actuallyjessica, your comment about a 2 minute man reminds me of that old beach music chestnut "60 Minute Man".  I've embedded the video because everyone should know this classic.

Back to your regular programming.....

32 minutes ago, BackseatMom said:

Wow, I just threw up a little. :brainbleach:

Anyway, that is exactly my point (about the relative speaking ability, not the sex :brainbleach:). What can he possibly add? Unless TLC is changing their filming policies and is going to film part of this travesty.

I doubt TLC is changing their policies. They're going to stay far away from it, I just can't see what Ben would have to say that would be terribly enlightening. We are talking about the guy who talked about going for a walk as if it were a whole new world. 

On 12/28/2016 at 9:24 PM, HeadshipRegent said:

Aiden or Tozer.

Aiden is pretty trendy now but if she wants to keep up the special snowflake-ness, they'll go with Tozer. 

At first I was thinking that was Gozer, the god that haunted the apartment building in Ghostbusters.

9 hours ago, TakingBibleClasses said:

I really do think they're just exploiting the fact that he's Duggar-adjacent

This is 100% of the reason. Think about it - if he was not affiliated at all and just a poor fundie bible college student, there'd be no discussion of who he was or his possible involvement in this thing.

Ugh ... Voddie Baucham all it took was pickles and a google search for me to completely loath this man. Quote below

“A lot of men are leaving their wives for younger women because they yearn for attention from younger women. And God gave them a daughter who can give them that. And instead they go find a substitute daughter….you’ve seen it, we’ve all seen it. These old guys going and finding these substitute daughters.”

On Jessa: I don't think she as bitchy as people make her out to be or anything; but I still think she's the female version of Josh pre-scandal, and not necessarily in a bad way. That might be an un-fair comparison to her but hear me out. She comes across as smug like Josh, but i get the impression (like Josh) that she only half believes what she's says; like she's trying to convince herself along with the audience. I think she's pretty savvy in the sense that she learn how to maneuver around people because of the lifestyle she was brought up in. Unfortunately, Josh just happened to maneuver in ways that ruined people's lives.

But Jessa doesn't seem as helpless as the other daughters do. She's not really a person I would like to hang out with personally; but there is something kinda admirable how she has kept her her thinly-veiled,passive aggressive, no nonsense attitude towards things despite living in  Duggar-ville. 

10 hours ago, TakingBibleClasses said:

Maybe, but it seems strange that he would be listed as a featured speaker. He's not even an advanced student; he's in, what, the first year of his program? I really do think they're just exploiting the fact that he's Duggar-adjacent, and that that's a really crappy thing to do to a really eager kid who is not ready for this.

I am for one letting him fall on his sword 

he has been far too quiet lately - if this gets him out there and he is confronted by the real world and doesn't think taking a walk is the biggest thing since sliced cheese -i am all for it. 

next he can show us how to use a dishwasher :D

1. I think Ben got this job because he is VF's "celebrity"

2. I agree with the comments about twins, but I was surprised that it was such a large focus of the trailer.

Re: Voddie Baucham: I've seen "The Return of the Daughters" referenced on FJ before but haven't been able to find it before tonight (thanks, Pickles). Voddie and his daughter Jasmine start at 12:10.

Oh Ben. Please discover feminism the way you're starting to discover BLM. I promise you it's in the Bible.

6 hours ago, TakingBibleClasses said:

Re: Voddie Baucham: I've seen "The Return of the Daughters" referenced on FJ before but haven't been able to find it before tonight (thanks, Pickles). Voddie and his daughter Jasmine start at 12:10.

Oh Ben. Please discover feminism the way you're starting to discover BLM. I promise you it's in the Bible.

Oh good lord.  I made it about 5 minutes and had to turn that garbage off.

I mean, I can't look away from this video. I'm just in shock that this is a thing created after 1952 (I mean I knew SAHD was a thing, but to see it play out like that....). But I have to say, in addition to the US elections, it's honestly pretty motivating as a feminist. Come on ladies, 2016 was a real punch in the gut, but let's get back on the horse and go kick 2017 in the junk!!

Wow, this really explains a lot of the Duggar daughters rhetoric about being homemakers and having sisters as best friends. They really are brainwashing these kids!

And wasn't 'Return of the Daughters' the movie that the Duggars saw at the San Antonio Christian Festival where they met Kirk Cameron?

On 12/2/2016 at 10:13 AM, HarryPotterFan said:

NO!!! TAKE HIM BACK, CANADA!!! You are supposed to be the good guys! Why did you do this to us?

Except I think according to this bet the US is stuck with him: ftw.usatoday.com/2014/02/justin-bieber-usa-canada-hockey-bet/amp?client=safari

Lets send them Rosie ODonnel until they take him back!

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived