IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part 12: Baby

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, Stormy said:

Vyckie Garrison once pointed out that the only thing keeping the Quiverfull lifestyle afloat was the absolute reliance on the older daughters, who, unlike sons, are groomed for the very purpose. I wonder what will happen if one of the Duggar girls had, like, five sons in a row before they finally got a daughter. What would they do?

Borrow an aunt with a "J" name.  Or a female cousin from a family with a lot of girls. 

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, goldengrove said:

I'd love to visit that church....don't remember the details of the scandal atm, something about she faked a kidnapping and went off with her lover instead...it's been a while, hazy on the details (no, I wasn't there :P not that old!)...I am sure there were a lot of knees involved, doubtful they would consider naming the kid after such a wicked woman.

I'm doing a bit of reading about her on Wikipedia.  Quite the life!  Probably too many husbands (and a divorce!) for her to be used as a Seewald name, but fascinating.  The building is pretty phenomenal from the outside.  I'm now quite curious about what's going on inside, too.  

57 minutes ago, amandaaries said:

I'm doing a bit of reading about her on Wikipedia.  Quite the life!  Probably too many husbands (and a divorce!) for her to be used as a Seewald name, but fascinating.  The building is pretty phenomenal from the outside.  I'm now quite curious about what's going on inside, too.  

She's certainly something. Aimee Semple McPherson but I don't think that they would use her name. As amusing as that would be. Unless they see her as being persecuted or something. 

2 hours ago, Stormy said:

Vyckie Garrison once pointed out that the only thing keeping the Quiverfull lifestyle afloat was the absolute reliance on the older daughters, who, unlike sons, are groomed for the very purpose. I wonder what will happen if one of the Duggar girls had, like, five sons in a row before they finally got a daughter. What would they do?

That reminds me of this song which reminds us what you do if you have nine sons in a row:

The relevant lyric is:

"If you have nine sons in a row, start a baseball team.  

They make money, you know!"

Thinking about dunking her head in coconut oil next!

Try shea butter. It's the best thing I've found for periodically treating my somewhat curly hair (once a month or so). It works so much better than coconut oil in this regard, and this is coming from someone who is always slathered in coconut oil. It is close to a panacea, but shea butter wins sometimes. If you want to get really into it, i melt down shea butter with various oils in a double boiler and store it in a spare container as moisturizer for when i can be greasy for a bit. I always get compliments for days from people noticing that my skin is baby soft.

As for baby #2 names....I'm thinking "Cyrus", "Ingerson" "Scofield" after the Study Bible notes author....

Cyrus Ingerson Scofield was a wife-beating, alcoholic jerk with many political and financial scandals. After he abandoned his wife and children and left them destitute he became a minister and published his side-by-side biblical notations on dispensational premillennialism for both the old and new testaments. I've seen one on the Duggar dining room table. 

What a guy! 

His study notes are extremely popular among evangelicals and fundamentalists. 

11 minutes ago, Exposedknees said:

As for baby #2 names....I'm thinking "Cyrus", "Ingerson" "Scofield" after the Study Bible notes author....

Cyrus Ingerson Scofield was a wife-beating, alcoholic jerk with many political and financial scandals. After he abandoned his wife and children and left them destitute he became a minister and published his side-by-side biblical notations on dispensational premillennialism for both the old and new testaments. I've seen one on the Duggar dining room table. 

What a guy! 

His study notes are extremely popular among evangelicals and fundamentalists. 

Sounds like the type of guy that the Duggars would look up to. 

2 hours ago, emscm said:

Does anyone ever get a weird feeling just from the way that saying a word feels? It's difficult to explain. I feel that way about the word 'moist' and I feel that way about the name 'Spurgeon.' It just feels yucky to me. I'm not really sure how they could possibly choose a name that's worse, but if anyone is up to the challenge it's the Smugwalds. 

Yeah, like moss or something spongey  :S I don't know what they could come up with to top that one, it's a good thing he won't be going to public school with a name like Spurgeon.

@Shadoewolf I'm wondering if she's having a reaction to protein in her products. Assuming the texture you described isn't a family characteristic, I mean. Everyone has a sweet spot on the protein/moisture spectrum, and it almost sounds like she's got too much protein.

I would try ALL THE CONDITIONERS: a rinse out, a leave in, and a weekly-ish deep treatment under heat. I followed the above regimen when I lived in the desert, and the worst thing that happened was that I got overconditioned and my hair was kind of floofy (curlies have another term for this, but I can't remember it--mushy? idk) for a time. Some people actually like their hair that way, so it could be a feature, not a bug, for your daughter. ;) 

Good, sort-of-cheap, light leave-in/detangler: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlproducts/view/2599/kinkycurly-knot-today available at Target if you're in the US

Good, cheap, heavy conditioner: http://www.sallybeauty.com/gvp-conditioning-balm/SBS-264074,default,pd.html

Honestly I don't think having a lot of boys would stop them from having having a lot of babies. By the time Jessa has a few kids the lost girls will be plenty old enough to be jslaves. Plus the duggars don't mind having outside help. Priscilla Waller was living with them for awhile to help raise the kids and Tabitha Paine may or may not be with them now. 

2 hours ago, Exposedknees said:

After he abandoned his wife and children and left them destitute he became a minister and published his side-by-side biblical notations on dispensational premillennialism for both the old and new testaments. I've seen one on the Duggar dining room table. 

I'm assuming it's the wife's fault that he left of course??? :my_angry:

3 minutes ago, CorruptionInc. said:

Well, of course, it couldn't be the man's fault. I used to work at a battered women's shelter. It took a long time for some women to realize that it wasn't their fault and that they weren't crazy.

6 minutes ago, CorruptionInc. said:

She wasn't joyfully submitting enough, I'm sure. Fundies and their messed up morals! 

2 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Well, of course, it couldn't be the man's fault. I used to work at a battered women's shelter. It took a long time for some women to realize that it wasn't their fault and that they weren't crazy.

The world needs more people like you Wolfie! 

I am amazed by the amount of gas lighting I hear above in abuse situations. People can be so cruel. 

On 12/6/2016 at 9:11 AM, Iamtheway said:

I would not be able to stay away from a forum about myself. But if the Duggars and their friends were writing treads about me, my friends and family I'm pretty sure I would just roll my eyes about is since I ”know” their believes are wrong and dangerous. Don't think I'd learn anything from it. And I'm sure it's the same for the Duggars. If they are here. Hi Jessa! 

I wouldn't be able to stay away. But then I'd read 1 comment speculating about my sex life and be so grossed out and scared that I'd never pop back in. Or even worse, 1 comment saying something nasty about my kid.

But I don't put myself or my kid on tv, they do. They could just as easily STOP putting themselves out there for public consumption if they are bothered by it.

On 12/7/2016 at 3:54 PM, Avalondaughter said:

Wow.  Look at that kid's hair.  It's almost girlish.  Adorable, but I imagine a buzz cut in his future.  Can't have a boy looking too pretty.

lol I saw that pic of Spurge and immediately he reminded me of one of my boys who had delicious curls like that as a baby and toddler (he's 5 and they aren't very curly anymore sadly). I did get quite a few people asking if he was a girl. Despite him being dressed the same as his twin brother. Despite me saying "two boys" I still had one person say "well he looks like a girl" I bet the Duggars wouldn't look too kindly on that, just made me roll my eyes.

On 12/8/2016 at 0:43 PM, DaniLouisiana said:

Bigfoot nows keeps his hair buzzed for the most part as he hates his curls-but twice a year, my bday and mother's day, he lets it grow out some for me. He's a good boy.

That is ridiculously sweet. What a thoughtful boy (or man).

On 12/9/2016 at 9:20 PM, Chevreuil said:

I just want to edit to add that i will have to go back and look at my twins' ultrasounds but iirc they are too big at 20 weeks to have both in a picture. Not that i think that jessa is having twins but she could still try to keep up the illusion

My twins (or a 2 headed baby!) at 29 weeks (the day they were born, or the day before I don't recall) And just because it's super sweet, after they were born they always liked to lay with their heads together, we call it their "twin thing." Still do it sometimes at 5 years old:

twins.jpg

Also at our 20 week anatomy scan I got an ultrasound image of all 4 feet in one shot. 

21 hours ago, sansan said:

So An "S" name.....how about Shalimar? The meaning is   "People with the name Shalimar seek religion & wisdom. They hate doing physical work." I really did not make this up, I looked up Shalimar and this popped up. So the most perfect of all names fora girl could be Shalimar Michelle Seeward. Calling it.

Shalom! To go with their fake Jewish thing.

16 hours ago, VixenToast said:

Omg that may be worse than Spurgeon. Rofl.

No way! A girl named MacPherson could easily be called Mac and no one will question it. What do you call Spurgeon? Spurge? I maintain nothing is worse than Spurgeon.

6 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Oecolampadius

Ok, I might need to amend my prior assertion that nothing is worse than Spurgeon. I can at least pronounce Spurgeon easily.

1 hour ago, twinmama said:

My twins (or a 2 headed baby!) at 29 weeks (the day they were born, or the day before I don't recall) And just because it's super sweet, after they were born they always liked to lay with their heads together, we call it their "twin thing." Still do it sometimes at 5 years old:

twins.jpg

Also at our 20 week anatomy scan I got an ultrasound image of all 4 feet in one shot. 

I went back and checked mine, the only one they took of them together was the 14 week when i found out i was carrying twins (hubby thought i printed it off the internet to prank him) the rest look exactly like singleton ultrasound (i have about 5 ranging from 14-22 weeks because mo/di) i kind of wish they had tried for something like you have, that is really sweet. 

I'm still rooting for Wilberforce (after William Wilberforce). His song will be March of the Pigs by NIN. I also hope that the first 6 babies they have are all boys.

I like Shalimar for a girl. There was a bar called Shalimar's in the city I grew up in. I never went, but from what I understand there were plenty of immodestly dressed women, booze, dancing, and possibly fornication in the bathrooms.

9 minutes ago, mizandry said:

Fingers crossed for Slessor... Slessor Carmichael Seewald 

Let's hope he doesn't have a lisp.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived