IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part 12: Baby

samurai_sarah

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think a girl will be Susannah, and a boy will be Knox.
If they want to outdo Spurgeon, may I suggest Oecolampadius or Hyperius?  

And I thought the names Ignatius, Aloysius, and Alphonsus were bad. Oh and Hep aka Hephaestus. Bad names!

You guys are killin' me! Mr. Butt and I are sitting here making a list of names for our kids to consider for our new gr daughter and you guys keep me laughing and I get distracted. I keep reading these names off to him and he is off and running making me laugh even harder.

56 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

You guys are killin' me! Mr. Butt and I are sitting here making a list of names for our kids to consider for our new gr daughter and you guys keep me laughing and I get distracted. I keep reading these names off to him and he is off and running making me laugh even harder.

Because I love you, @Chickenbutt, im going to tell you this.  Unless they've asked for a list, or unless it's a joke, giving them a list of names should be added to list of things you need to know not to be 'that' MIL.  Sorry!

My late (not particularly lamented) father in law insisted that our firstborn HAD to be called George if it was a boy because every eldest boy was called George/ had George as the middle name.  He was so persistent that it annoyed me enormously. Then every time I'd see him FIL kept saying he had to be told the name in advance so that he could "vet" the name.  In the end I was so annoyed that I sharply told him he'd had his chance to name his three sons and that he'd be presented with a grandchild with a name.  Sorry to rant, but I just remembered all of this and it still annoys me.  

TLDR; think twice before giving them that list!

No, they ask for the list. They can't seem to agree on anything and have ask Mr. Butt, me, my other son and his fiancé to make up a list of names we like. I would never try to dictate what they named their baby. And they have hated everything anyone else has come up with so far....Mr. Butt and I have gotten to the point of silliness. Luckily they have a while to decide. But thank you for reminding me not to be "that MIL". I do appreciate it.... a lot.

ETA: There is one name they haven't vetoed yet....Ellyana Blum *our last name* (Blum being her maternal family name)

Yep, I am still working hard at being good. Mr. Butt and I are being pretty silly with this name thing. They, like all parents, will figure out what to name their little girl. I have no doubt. We have gone thru our family trees and picked the most horrendous names we could find...lol...and sprinkled in a few names we really do like.

Yep, I am still working hard at being good. Mr. Butt and I are being pretty silly with this name thing. They, like all parents, will figure out what to name their little girl. I have no doubt. We have gone thru our family trees and picked the most horrendous names we could find...lol...and sprinkled in a few names we really do like.

I'm sure you will have a great list, after all nothing can be worst than Spurgeon!

Slessher sounds like a slasher, and Scoffield sounds like something the Duggars do when confronted with green-haired liberals.

Spurgeon always becomes something spooge related in my mind, but I've got the sense of humour of a teenage boy. Poor kid. For the sake of not being bullied, it's a blessing he won't attend public school.

10 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Spurgeon always becomes something spooge related in my mind, but I've got the sense of humour of a teenage boy. Poor kid. For the sake of not being bullied, it's a blessing he won't attend public school.

That's a good point.  I expect he'll be spending most his time around family and other fundies, some of whom will probably also have unusual names.  He may may have more of a problem with people mispronouncing or misspelling his name than poking fun at it.  And discussion of his name will give Ben a chance to talk about Charles Spurgeon.

15 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Seewald #2:

Schacht (the SOS dude who married them) for a boy.

And I still go with Penelope Guinn (PenGuin) for a girl.

I swear to BOB, if they name that kid PenGuin, I am sending you $100 bucks!

When my daughter had her baby 2 years ago, she wanted to be surprised. Well, she had thought boy all along and of course, the baby was a girl. In her country, kids are named within the first month. I am telling you, I had to stop answering the phone and emails. Everyone had an opinion on what baby girl should be named. I think it took them about week to inform the world that Claire Elizabeth had been born.

And discussion of his name will give Ben a chance to talk about Charles Spurgeon.

"And...yeah, Spurgie..." Dramatic pause "...we uhhhh chose his name..." Pause to sniff "....because we umm really like admired..." Hand gestures "...Charles Spurgeon."

I think it may have been a cultural (Chinese) thing, but my husband's grandparents chose the name for his older brother, who was their first grandchild. He's just lucky he wasn't a girl, because the girl name they wanted to use was horrible.

Imagine if the Duggar spawn allowed Jim Bob and Michelle to do this. There's not enough J names in the world. Or I could imagine Jim Bob going the way of George Foreman and including "Jim Bob" in every name somehow. JimBobina, JimBobopher, JimBobfrey, Jimbobanie...

Abimelech James Robert Seewald? 

Gideon Emmett Seewald? 

Are these too normal? 

Malakai Frederick Seewald? 

To be honest, I have no idea how to say the first one. 

In  LA a woman can be charged with desertion if she doesn't follow her husband to his new home.  This means that if the POS is shacking up with his STRUMPET DU JOUR , she should come into  the strumpet's home to live with her children.  Attornies are quick to  point out to women seeking divorce on these grounds that they should try another cause for divorce.  (This info was current as of 1980 when the POS left)  I married MR NOL in '85 and he ain't going nowhere.

On 12/3/2016 at 3:50 PM, marmalade said:

I wanna shop where you do. The best my store can do is early 90's "safe" grunge. But the ultimate for me is Barry White while sauntering down the condiments aisle. :output_eeMbjt:

My preferred store plays nothing but classic "FM" type rock from the 60's 70's and early 80's...imagine Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin followed by Magic Carpet Ride by Steppenwolf . You get the idea. I think I end up spending more there as I can't leave while a good song is playing. :pb_lol:

3 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

I think it may have been a cultural (Chinese) thing, but my husband's grandparents chose the name for his older brother, who was their first grandchild. He's just lucky he wasn't a girl, because the girl name they wanted to use was horrible.

Imagine if the Duggar spawn allowed Jim Bob and Michelle to do this. There's not enough J names in the world. Or I could imagine Jim Bob going the way of George Foreman and including "Jim Bob" in every name somehow. JimBobina, JimBobopher, JimBobfrey, Jimbobanie...

*crosses fingers for JimBobfrey* amazing name, just atrocious enough for Benessa to use.

Someone posted on Facebook about Waymo, the name of the company of the Google self-driving car, and said "Worst name I've ever heard" and I had to restrain myself from saying, "Still not as bad as Spurgeon." I doubt he knows anything about the Duggars and I didn't want to explain myself.

In Iceland parents sort of name their grandchild when they name their children. They use patronymic names there so Jón's son's last name will be Jónsson and Jon's daughter's last name will be Jónsdóttir. Thus when you name your child you are also choosing your grandchildren's surnames.

18 hours ago, Chickenbutt said:

Be careful about putting names you don't like on the list for fun. They might like them. :)

My mother told me the other day how she's ok with, even likes, Miniways name now. When we announced it she did not like it at all. And was not afraid to say so ...

It was the only name Mr. Way and I could agree on and our lists were a mile long. We both hated eachothers favourite names. 

I'm surprised to see no one has mentioned Clive as a potential Seewald #2 name. I doubt they would use Staples since they already have Spurgeon and that would give them two S names. They sure do love their C.S. Lewis though! 

To be honest, I really don't care what they name the baby. I will just love the baby. But so far they have 2 names on their list that they are both okay with. I love them both.

Ellyana Blum *our last name*

Adeline Blum *our last name*

We won't give them the goofy list. We will be serious about it, however hard that it for us. (We have way too much time on our hands and have been married too long)

12 minutes ago, unspoken said:

I'm surprised to see no one has mentioned Clive as a potential Seewald #2 name. I doubt they would use Staples since they already have Spurgeon and that would give them two S names. They sure do love their C.S. Lewis though! 

It seems too normal after Spurgeon. I wouldn't rule out the name being something completely normal because that's what Jessa does. But it would be cruel! 

9 minutes ago, unspoken said:

I doubt they would use Staples since they already have Spurgeon and that would give them two S names.

There is some family history of repeated use, not to mention gross overuse, of a first letter.  And, given that they named their kid Spurgeon, I tend to doubt that another "S" name would disturb their sensibilities.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived