IGNORED

Michael and Brandon Keilen- Part 2

samurai_sarah

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, infooverload said:

I had a similar fleeting thought, but where could he go which is Gothard approved.

Maybe a family business owned by somebody within the church?

Id assume that, having had an office in that city, they'd have a decent amount of followers who would be able to employ him. 

If he's got enough skills and experience, he could have set up his own business or even found work in a non gothard workplace.

Maybe they decided they didn't want to move to Texas because they've settled where they are. Do Brandon's family live nearby? I also suspect if they don't move it would be because they'd end up being far from both their families. We know they hope to have children, and I would say having their families as close as possible would be very important to them.

I'm not super familiar with US geography, so please correct me if I'm wrong with where places are!

11 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

Maybe a family business owned by somebody within the church?

Id assume that, having had an office in that city, they'd have a decent amount of followers who would be able to employ him. 

If he's got enough skills and experience, he could have set up his own business or even found work in a non gothard workplace.

Maybe they decided they didn't want to move to Texas because they've settled where they are. Do Brandon's family live nearby? I also suspect if they don't move it would be because they'd end up being far from both their families. We know they hope to have children, and I would say having their families as close as possible would be very important to them.

I'm not super familiar with US geography, so please correct me if I'm wrong with where places are!

I believe Brandon's family is in Michigan - one sister at least lives in DC. And Michael's immediate  family is based in Tennessee (except for Alyssa - she's in Florida.) Not sure of exact locations for anyone, but they don't appear to have any family in the Chicago area.

(Map attached for anyone not familiar with where the states are located. Keep in mind, the US is a massive country - so the size of each state is pretty deceptive.)

IMG_9394.GIF

On 2/23/2017 at 8:51 AM, HereticHick said:

I continue to be baffled that they haven't moved to Big Sandy--esp. since Brandon does media stuff that could be done anywhere. I thought we read that the IBLP campus in Oak Brook is on the market, and the signage has been taken down. Other that doing custodial stuff for the properties that the Gothard empire still owns, I don't understand why any employees are still in Illinois.

From what I can tell, the campus is for sale, but they have legally been stopped from moving all their assets out of the state, at least for the moment. 

I'm sure he is still working for IBLP, but I do wonder what his actual job is, it is most likely more than media stuff. 

If his family lives in southern Michigan, Chicago is not a long drive. You can get from Detroit to Chicago in like 4 hours I think (I might be a bit off).

I think Brandon's family is from somewhere around Lansing, which should make it maybe a 3 hour trip to Chicago, 3 1/2 hours tops. I may be wrong about their location, though.

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If his family lives in southern Michigan, Chicago is not a long drive. You can get from Detroit to Chicago in like 4 hours I think (I might be a bit off).

Depends on who you ask. Four hours is a lot for us New Englanders! :pb_lol:

33 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Depends on who you ask. Four hours is a lot for us New Englanders! :pb_lol:

Ha! 4 hours is nothing for us midwesterners! 

I am always amazed by people who visit the US from another country and don't realize how spread out all the big cities are. 

I thought his family was from Holland area in Michigan which puts the drive around 2 hours. But truthfully in Michigan anything south of Lansing would be under 4 hours to get to Chicago rather driving or by train. Fly from Detroit to Chicago is less then 45 minutes.  Maybe it's a good thing that they are choosing to be 

The website doesn't work, but they seem to be  ATI folks. Allen Parfitt wasn't officially IBLP, but he attended Journey to the Heart and knew ATI families. His dad was killed about eight years ago when he stopped to help someone in the snow and a car slid off and hit him. I remember hearing about it at the time. 

so i've been lurking since joshgate, but i never had reason to make an account until now...I saw Brandon, Michaela, and Callie in the Raleigh Durham airport this Saturday! I'm more excited than that probably warrants because this is only the second time I've seen famous (or "famous") people in real life. I didn't hang around them too much because I didn't want to make them feel uncomfortable, so there isn't too much to report. I'm pretty sure they were headed back to Chicago. No baby bump on Michaela that I could see, but she really does look up at Brandon in the same adoring way as she does on the show. What struck me is how if you didn't know them, the natural assumption would be that Michaela is Callie's mom, not her sister. I do wonder why they had Callie with them though? I would assume they were coming from Mama Jane's house in NC (that's where she lives, right?) but I'm not sure why only Callie would go home with M and B.

8 hours ago, Carm_88 said:
They got to meet Lexi Mae and Michael(la) is very excited! 

How are they sure it's Lexi ... there's NO BOW?!?!!!!

6 hours ago, colors_outside15 said:

How are they sure it's Lexi ... there's NO BOW?!?!!!!

And there is now pink or flowers?!? This could be any random baby ;)

1 hour ago, Angelic83 said:

And there is now pink or flowers?!? This could be any random baby ;)

Any random MALE baby. I can't tell that she has a vagina without bows or pink sequins!

20 hours ago, Mela99 said:

Any random MALE baby. I can't tell that she has a vagina without bows or pink sequins!

How could I forget the MALE part of the random baby ;) 

On 2/11/2017 at 5:46 PM, formergothardite said:

Passion and Purity is the story of Jim and Elisabeth Elliot. They met in college and Elisabeth was immediately attracted to Jim and they hung out together a great deal.  Eventually he confessed that he loved her, but told her he felt called to be a single missionary at least at first. So Elisabeth has to wait for God to tell him when he can marry her. This goes on for some time and she ends up moving to Ecuador to do  mission work. He is always sending letters saying he loves her and wants to marry her, but also that she needs to wait on God's time. So FINALLY after years of waiting he lets her know that God told him he can marry her. She is all excited, but then Jim is like "guess what?! I've come up with a rule that I can't marry you because you don't speak this obscure language." So she learns the language and he finally marries her. And then he promptly gets himself killed.

My initial impression after reading Passion and Purity as a teen wasn't that this was an amazing, godly love story, but that Jim wasn't nearly as into Elisabeth as she was into him, but he didn't want her to marry someone else.  He seemed to find any excuse not to marry her all while sending letters claiming he was passionately in love with her. The main lesson I learned was that I wouldn't want to fall in love with someone like Jim. 

Is he the Elliot, little Spurgeon gets his middle name from? 

On 2/27/2017 at 10:07 AM, HereticHick said:

If they move to Big Sandy, they will be farther away from both their families.

Funny, when I search Linked In for Brandon, I don't find him, but I do find this:

https://www.linkedin.com/company/lumen-verus-studios 

Hah.  How very pretentious.

Lumen Verus Studios is made up of dedicated Christians who want to make a difference through film. The board of directors consists of Brandon Keilen, Allen Parfitt, Kimberly Rushin, and James Staddon. Our Calling: To produce highly-qualified, discipleship-based media "in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom [we] shine as lights in the world" (Philippians 2:15b)

However, it looks as though their lights have gone out.  That link to Lumen Versus Studios didn't work for me either. ;)

On 2/26/2017 at 11:25 AM, formergothardite said:

From what I can tell, the campus is for sale, but they have legally been stopped from moving all their assets out of the state, at least for the moment. 

I'm sure he is still working for IBLP, but I do wonder what his actual job is, it is most likely more than media stuff. 

Yes, Gibbs III (the stinking rat) did get a judicial order to stop the sale of IL properties pending the lawsuit, which I suppose is still in place.  The HQ building itself has been reported by locals to be empty.  That's not the only building IBLP owns in Oakbrook though.

If you look at the events page they are still advertising training in Oakbrook throughout 2017. http://iblp.org/events

They are mostly JTTH for both "guys" and "girls" and men's missions.  Brandon may well be involved in organizing those and leading the men's sessions. 

6 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Lumen Verus Studios is made up of dedicated Christians who want to make a difference through film. The board of directors consists of Brandon Keilen, Allen Parfitt, Kimberly Rushin, and James Staddon. Our Calling: To produce highly-qualified, discipleship-based media "in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom [we] shine as lights in the world" (Philippians 2:15b)

OK, wtf is "highly-qualified, discipleship-based media"?  Am I picking up a hint of idolatry?

Wonder how long it took them to come up with that.

I wonder if any of their movies will be watched for the God Awful Movies podcast. Does anyone else here listen to the podcast? I'm starting to wonder how many David R White movies there are. I have no desire to watch any of the movies they breakdown, but their commentaries I enjoy listening to.

These are cute. I'm glad that Michael is enjoying sewing. I think that she always has but it looks like she is genuinely super interested in this. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived