IGNORED

Michael and Brandon Keilen- Part 2

samurai_sarah

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michael said in a comment that her 1st batch of blanket sets sold out. I wonder how long it takes her to make a set?

I really like those sets! If I weren't in Australia and she had some gender neutral ones I would totally order for my friend's upcoming baby shower.

@ ActuallyJessica maybe you can suggest gender neutral ones since some fundies opt not to find out the gender.

Did they say anithyng new about the infertility problem? Or are they still waiting for when god decide its time?

8 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

Did they say anithyng new about the infertility problem? Or are they still waiting for when god decide its time?

Nothing new really. Micheal went to Alyssa's baby shower and Alyssa talked about how hard it was to tell Micheal about her pregnancy while she was having difficulty conceiving and what a wonderful mother she would be. Micheal said that it's painful to hear of others getting pregnant while she's struggling but at the same time she's happy for everyone. I remember that feeling well. Hopefully Micheal will get her miracle like I did.

I don't have any children, so I'm kind of confused about the blankets :D what are those little pillows with the straps for? and the scarf-thingy? 

Maybe a wise mom can enlighten me! 

1 hour ago, itsme said:

I don't have any children, so I'm kind of confused about the blankets :D what are those little pillows with the straps for? and the scarf-thingy? 

I think at least one is a rattle/grab toy.

There are bibs.  Those might be the items with "straps" really ties.

On 2.03.2017 at 4:06 PM, Carm_88 said:

These are cute. I'm glad that Michael is enjoying sewing. I think that she always has but it looks like she is genuinely super interested in this. 

Wow. Honestly I would be really happy if I got one of those sets for my son. My favourite is the navy/red one :)

Those are super cute. I also think she's selling them for way too cheap. Homemade and from what I see really well made too. People would buy them for $50 around here no problem. 

It's nice that she's using her skills to earn some money for the household. And I'm sure that distracts her a bit from being constantly focused on not becoming pregnant.

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 5:27 PM, Beyganengvall said:

so i've been lurking since joshgate, but i never had reason to make an account until now...I saw Brandon, Michaela, and Callie in the Raleigh Durham airport this Saturday! I'm more excited than that probably warrants because this is only the second time I've seen famous (or "famous") people in real life. I didn't hang around them too much because I didn't want to make them feel uncomfortable, so there isn't too much to report. I'm pretty sure they were headed back to Chicago. No baby bump on Michaela that I could see, but she really does look up at Brandon in the same adoring way as she does on the show. What struck me is how if you didn't know them, the natural assumption would be that Michaela is Callie's mom, not her sister. I do wonder why they had Callie with them though? I would assume they were coming from Mama Jane's house in NC (that's where she lives, right?) but I'm not sure why only Callie would go home with M and B.

Wow ... you had an actual sighting!  I'm kind of in awe. 

I'm thinking they visited Tennessee for I Love You Day, stayed a whole week, then as always, Kelly gave them a child to take back with them, and this time it was Callie.  Most likely they got a cheap flight from Tennessee through Durham.  The Bateses do this so often and it still confounds me -- every time one of the married kids visits the family either in Tennessee or Florida, they get a kid to take home.  Or, when they were going to visit Alyssa in FL for a shower, it somehow made perfect sense to Kelly to fly to Chicago first, and then fly with Michaela to Florida because Chicago is of course on the way to Florida from Tennessee.  And then in returning from Florida I'm pretty sure Michaela got to take Katie to Chicago for a visit.  Because that makes perfect sense.

13 hours ago, itsme said:

Those taggie things are REALLY popular - apparently wee ones love them! I sew as well and people always ask if I'll make them.

The ric-rac/trim type stuff that probably also kinda looks like straps on the blankets and burp cloths are probably dual purpose for both some texture and interest but again also, because the texture tends to be something babies like rubbing against.

The 'scarf-thingy' is an over-the-shoulder longer type burp cloth :D

I agree with those above - she does nice work and absolutely could be charging more!

13 hours ago, trustworthy said:

I'm thinking they visited Tennessee for I Love You Day, stayed a whole week, then as always, Kelly gave them a child to take back with them, and this time it was Callie.  Most likely they got a cheap flight from Tennessee through Durham.  The Bateses do this so often and it still confounds me -- every time one of the married kids visits the family either in Tennessee or Florida, they get a kid to take home.  Or, when they were going to visit Alyssa in FL for a shower, it somehow made perfect sense to Kelly to fly to Chicago first, and then fly with Michaela to Florida because Chicago is of course on the way to Florida from Tennessee.  And then in returning from Florida I'm pretty sure Michaela got to take Katie to Chicago for a visit.  Because that makes perfect sense.

I was also confused as to how Jackson got there. Wasn't he at Alisas house too? It must be nice not dealing with school or a real school schedule.

I'm always struck by how many parties, and visiting, and vacations they go on.  There was one photo of three of the older teens on a beach with Lawson and I thought, when I was your age I was taking AP calculus, AP chemistry, AP French, an intense history course, AP English, and I was in the school plays while filling out multiple applications to top colleges.  I was writing 10 page research papers with proper footnotes and bibliographies, and analyzing three Edith Wharton novels for a final English paper.  For them, I guess between 17 and marriage all you have to do is hang out.

On 3/3/2017 at 11:55 PM, trustworthy said:

Same! I have to say, I was not sold on Brandon at the beginning, but he and Michaela do seem to be genuinely compatible and in-love. I also like how willing he is to share his (very small) home with a constant stream of Bates siblings! :pb_lol: He seems to be doing everything he can to make Michaela's situation easier, and I like that.  Also, her blanket sets are super cute. If I had a bananamuffin, I'd be tempted to order one!

Brandon does seem to really care about Michaela and do really sweet things for her.  One thing's for sure, the Bates suitors do more elaborate and romantic and caring courtship requests than Duggar suitors do for marriage proposals.  Tori's romantic dinner on the beach way beats Jerek walking by some guitar player in Springdale.

On 3/4/2017 at 1:07 AM, itsme said:

It looks like it is a blanket, a burp cloth (the scarf thing) and taggie blanket (the toy with the tabs, some babies like to hold on to them, to play with or as a soothie) and a bib.

I think they are very cute! I like the colors and patterns chosen.

I haven't been able to watch The Bates lately (because I ain't about to pay for it and can't find an alternative). I'm curious whether Michael(a) and Brandon have touched any more on their fertility issues. I know it was mentioned a while back that they mentioned not being able to conceive as quickly as anticipated, and that they were going to see a doctor. Did they update on this at all on the show? Just curious.

Honestly, the world does not need a couple in this cult to crank out a bunch more babies. I don't wish infertility on them, but I hope they get help conceiving if they need it and choose to keep their family small, like 1-2 kids.

On 3/2/2017 at 11:16 AM, Coconut Flan said:

And she did some with tags!!

Does the Taggie Blanket owners not go after anyone who puts tags on blankets anymore? I remember from back when my youngest was little that the owner had a patent on putting tags on pretty much anything and would go after people who put tags on blankets and toys. 

I didn't know tags were patented.  One of the grandchildren loved them and we bought quite a few items with tags from many different sources.  I hope we didn't support illegal activity.  Oops. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived