IGNORED

Another Duggar Courting - Joy and Austin, Part 2

Destiny

Noooo! Not Joy! She was my Jinger. It's been so depressing watching the tomboy being squeezed out of her over the years. I can't imagine what I would've done if I'd been forced to wear skirts and pretend to like shopping. At least she's known the guy for awhile, though. 

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, alba said:

Some FJers also used to speculate that Michelle and Kelly were in constant competition with one another, vying to out-Quiverfull the other and praying for that elusive Baby #20. If that's an accurate assessment, then those energies will likely have been redirected towards marrying off children and enlarging their quivers by proxy, via their daughters' and daughters-in-law's wombs.

Lol. That's amusing. If that's the case, the Duggars are pulling ahead. I can picture Kelly hounding Michael about why there's no baby Keilen on the way to help them catch up.

On 11/15/2016 at 10:19 PM, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

I was working out at the gym when the episode aired, so my friend sent me the link. So many things popped into my head, but the first was, "Oh my God, FJ must be going ape shit right now." Anyways, here's some more deep thoughts with the Duggars.

1. If Joy marries soon, Jana will be stuck in a room with all her younger sisters. Jana turns 27 in January, and her next closest sister is Johannah, who is 11. That's a 16 year age gap. How downright miserable will that be for Jana? Even if she doesn't want to marry yet, she's still stuck right where she always has been.

2. Joy could be married at 19 and popping out babies by 20 or 21. SMDH.

3. Still no boys in a courtship yet. I really feel like the Joshley Madison scandals did a number on them, whether deserved or not. Geez, that's a lot of manboys cramped into bunk beds in that one room at the TTH.

4. Finally, I would just like to thank 6 pound 7 ounce baby Jesus for letting me be born into a normal, liberal, middle-class family that valued education and experiencing all life has to offer.

End scene.

I'm the same way..always thinking what is going on at FJ now. Here's a thought..maybe get the rubber bracelets imprinted with WWFJD. :pb_lol:

2 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

Lol. That's amusing. If that's the case, the Duggars are pulling ahead. I can picture Kelly hounding Michael about why there's no baby Keilen on the way to help them catch up.

Not me. She considers her mother her absolute best friend. I don't believe for a second that she hasn't completely poured her heart out to her mama in this area. And for whatever faults she has, I would be legitimately shocked if Kelly was coarse to her about this subject. Nope. 

2 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

It's a shame Joy isn't escaping anything though, based on what we know of Austin's family.

Ya, you could well be right, @ClaraOswin.  I gave my cousin's example because her prospects were pretty bleak back then too and yet she eventually created a satisfactory life.  

I like to think that while Joy was working at the summer camp she managed to sneak some alone time with Austin to talk about their future and how to get away from their crazy families, and they are now plotting an escape together.

That or Joy is a 19 year old with the maturity of a 12 year old, and has been watching her older sisters have all this fun and excitement and wants in on some for herself, without thinking about the consequences and what her new life will really be like.

Re: all the talk of teen marriage. It would be one thing if Joy had independently found someone, fallen in love, and figured "why wait?" Based on being a secular yankee I would still find that to be a rash decision at age 19, but at least in my universe divorce is always an option (though it's still taken seriously!) and marriage doesn't mean instant parenthood. My one cousin who married her high school boyfriend at 18 was divorced by 22 with no kids - sucks, hard for the family, etc. but she's gonna be fine.

But marriage for a Duggar girl means a baby in a year, barring any fertility issues, and no ability to divorce even in the face of the most heinous of betrayals (i.e. finding out your husband had molested his sisters and was leading a double life going on cheating websites and sleeping with strippers). There's also almost 0 chance that the two of them could go off and grow up together because every aspect of their lives is already pre-ordained.

4 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Should we start calling him "J'Austin" now?

And what is so wrong about getting married at the camp? Just because a rustic wedding theme isn't your personal cup of  tea doesn't make it a "nightmare."  It seems perfectly reasonable to have a wedding there, and it seems to suit Joy's personality.

I thought about getting married at a beloved summer camp, and I have attended weddings at camps.  And I am assuming that Ft. Rock must have some sort of "chapel"

I agree with this.

A "rustic/shabby chic" wedding at a campsite is not mine and the future Mr LBE's style (I'm more into the "classic/sophisticated" style with weddings) but there is certianly nothing wrong with it if the couple is into it. Just because something isn't my style doesn't mean it is stupid.

(Although I reserve the right to call an icecream reception in a parking lot in winter stupid).

And the campsite wedding would suit their personalities since he works there and Joy is tomboyish and probably doesn't want the 'glam' type of wedding anyway. 

On 11/16/2016 at 0:20 AM, Fundie Bunny said:

So, this guy, Austin Forsyth right? I remember him. I think there was some Speculation about him and every duggar. I don't have time to read the el eleventy pages you've wrote, and i'm sure everyone has already mentioned it, but will Jana ever get out of the house?

And Joy is the first Duggar younger than me. It was sad before, but now it's depressing

Sad as it is I think Jana has resigned herself to being the live in "nanny" until everyone is gone. Bless her...maybe we should have freed Jana :my_sad:

35 minutes ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

Not me. She considers her mother her absolute best friend. I don't believe for a second that she hasn't completely poured her heart out to her mama in this area. And for whatever faults she has, I would be legitimately shocked if Kelly was coarse to her about this subject. Nope. 

Same here. For all the things I could say about Kelly Bates as a mother, I really don't get the impression she would make difficult comments if Michael is indeed suffering from fertility problems like many suspect. She might be awful in the way she fobbed her younger kids off to Michael to raise and held her kids back from the schooling and friendship opportunities she had at their age, but I don't think she's the type to rub fertility issues in her daughter's face. 

The nightmare I suggested was IF Jim Bob made Joy get married at the camp so he could save money on the wedding.  If that's what she and Austin want, they should go for it.

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

The nightmare I suggested was IF Jim Bob made Joy get married at the camp so he could save money on the wedding.  If that's what she and Austin want, they should go for it.

I just hope she follow Jinger's example and wears shoes. ;) 

On 11/17/2016 at 10:36 AM, BeccaGrim said:

Yes--and I hate to say this--but the Bates have Tori to sell off on the show. Another Webster baby.  Michael hasn't had any children yet, whether that's on purpose or because she's having trouble, they will likely address it for ratings at some point. Nathan will find a girl since his courtship ended (They seem to sell their sons just fine on that show.) Lawson will find some and his country music.  And then by the time that has all happened, Carlin will be in a courtship and Josie will be old enough to court.  

Jana will be it for the Duggars unless they can make their sons palatable to the public and after Josh...

He's 19 or 20 right? But Marjorie was 17....

I think there may have been hope for Joseph and a Bates girl, but then the Joshy thing and UP Network said "Hell no". No proof at all of this, I just think it is interesting that Joe came back from Crown very quickly.

As I said elsewhere, I think 'Siah and Marjorie may still happen--they just may have decided "not yet." If that was really DONE and OVER I don't think she'd still be cropping up at events even though she's been friends with the girls, too. Too awkward AND it could tempt poor Siah to stumble--esp since she had to be the one to break it off. He might still have hopes and her presence could cause him to sin!!!!!! bwahahahahha

I think Joy will be fine--she's known him a long, long time. She's not THAT far from home and she'll probably do well at the Fort as an employee until the first baby comes, 9 minutes and 15 minutes after they leave the wedding reception...... At their age fertility is huge. She could really have 20+ kids.

52 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I think there may have been hope for Joseph and a Bates girl, but then the Joshy thing and UP Network said "Hell no". No proof at all of this, I just think it is interesting that Joe came back from Crown very quickly.

As I said elsewhere, I think 'Siah and Marjorie may still happen--they just may have decided "not yet." If that was really DONE and OVER I don't think she'd still be cropping up at events even though she's been friends with the girls, too. Too awkward AND it could tempt poor Siah to stumble--esp since she had to be the one to break it off. He might still have hopes and her presence could cause him to sin!!!!!! bwahahahahha

I think Joy will be fine--she's known him a long, long time. She's not THAT far from home and she'll probably do well at the Fort as an employee until the first baby comes, 9 minutes and 15 minutes after they leave the wedding reception...... At their age fertility is huge. She could really have 20+ kids.

I don't think that the UP network has a say in who any of them marry.  The Bates know the family well enough that if there was interest it's my opinion that they wouldn't stand in the way.  Joseph came home because it seems that his going to Crown was just a plot line. Once the show was cancelled there was no reason for him to continue so he finished a 2nd semester and came home. It's possible that he was only planning on going for one year regardless.  

As for Siah and Marjorie, I don't see them getting back together.  She clearly is not living in a way the Duggars would approve of. Wearing Jeans and going to College.  Looks like she wants something more out of life and if Josiah isn't willing to grow in that way then they have no future together. She hangs out with them because the fundie circle is small and the families are friends.

4 hours ago, kmary1 said:

I like to think that while Joy was working at the summer camp she managed to sneak some alone time with Austin to talk about their future and how to get away from their crazy families, and they are now plotting an escape together.

That or Joy is a 19 year old with the maturity of a 12 year old, and has been watching her older sisters have all this fun and excitement and wants in on some for herself, without thinking about the consequences and what her new life will really be like.

Yes, but we have to remember that Joy will not have the married and parental life that most of us have experienced or will experience. We have to work to provide for ourselves and most of us do not have eleventy sisters to step in so we and our unemployed spouse can get 8 hours of shut eye when the baby comes home.

Jill and Derick had to, at a minimum, take care of Izzy without the calvary from the time he was 3 months old. Notice they did not have another baby mere months after Izzy turned one. Connect the dots. Having to do all the work yourself, while your husband galavants around preaching to no one, seemingly makes one J'Girl not very happy.

Joy will be leading a Jessa type life. Both of their families live in NWA. Take out the sex, those girls' married lives are not all that different from their lives in the TTH. Daddy provides for and controls all ,and there's lots of little kids around.

49 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

As for Siah and Marjorie, I don't see them getting back together.  She clearly is not living in a way the Duggars would approve of. Wearing Jeans and going to College.  Looks like she wants something more out of life and if Josiah isn't willing to grow in that way then they have no future together. She hangs out with them because the fundie circle is small and the families are friends.

I wonder if even if Josiah had wanted the same life as her and was totally on board with the jeans and college, if his parents insisted that they "prayed" about it and thought it was wrong and basically forced him out of the match because they didn't like her independence. Just a thought. Hopefully it's not too weird and they can still be friendly-ish.

20 minutes ago, Ace3 said:

I wonder if even if Josiah had wanted the same life as her and was totally on board with the jeans and college, if his parents insisted that they "prayed" about it and thought it was wrong and basically forced him out of the match because they didn't like her independence. Just a thought. Hopefully it's not too weird and they can still be friendly-ish.

Yes, I don't think Josiah was the one who had a problem with her.  Maybe his parents dropped some not so subtle hints to her and it opened her eyes and she decided to end things.

I didn't notice any chemistry between Josiah and Marjorie beyond friendship.  I wonder how invested Josiah was in the courtship and just how much he was hurt, if at all, when it ended.  

As for Joy.  I wish she would wait.  She has so little life experience.  I was married less than a month after I turned 18 and we are still together, though I seriously considered ending it when he said he was Trumper  (He's really not.  He plays awful jokes).  Anyway, I know young marriages can work, but in my case I had a choice and more life experiences.  I had a few boyfriends and lots of crushes and ....not quite hookups, so I knew I really loved my hubby and wanted to spend my life with him.  My point is, how can these kids know what they want, or feel for that matter.

They don't have to know what they want or feel. Daddy tells them, then their new headship tells them. 

About Joy...man, what a blow. I don't think I would have felt relief (so to speak) with any Duggar courtship, but this one kind of gets me. The only thing I can add is that I hope their years of friendship is a good jumping off point for their relationship. I know that they can't have private conversations now, but I wonder if they had a chance to have any sort of conversation prior to thing being official, like prior to the 'getting to know you' stage...before anyone would realize what was happening. I know it's doubtful. I also think it's kind of nice that they've known each other for so long because then they've seen their awkward teenage phases and he probably remembers the prairie dresses. 

The family business seems to be up her alley though. At least she'll have access to some approved 'work' if she does end up working with them and she can be outside and learn some new things. She seems much happier outdoors and more tomboy-ish. Sadly I don't think that means her wardrobe will change or her choice of footwear, but time will tell. They seemed comfortable together in that video and not overly googly-eyed and mushy. Crossing my fingers for her. 

People have mentioned that Joy worked at the camp over summer.  That would have been an audition of sorts to see if she liked and could cope with the work and whether she fit in with the family dynamics.

The decision has already been made.

Whether it has been forced to a certain extent by Austin's sister getting married and leaving a gap in the family business is just a guess.

Maybe this is less about Joy making her escape from her batshit crazy TTH and more about Austin making his escape from his batshit crazy camp.  Idk, but it seems like normally the spouses get sucked up into the Duggar borg, regardless of spouse jender.  Perhaps in this case, the TTH is actually the less crazy future?  My god, these poor kids...

4 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I just hope she follow Jinger's example and wears shoes. ;) 

I'm calling it now....

She will wear cowboy boots.

6 minutes ago, BabyCatcher said:

Maybe this is less about Joy making her escape from her batshit crazy TTH and more about Austin making his escape from his batshit crazy camp.  Idk, but it seems like normally the spouses get sucked up into the Duggar borg, regardless of spouse jender.  Perhaps in this case, the TTH is actually the less crazy future?  My god, these poor kids...

They never had a chance.  Just like mommy and daddy like it.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived