IGNORED

Another Duggar Courting - Joy and Austin, Part 2

Destiny

43 minutes ago, Fun Undies said:

@backyard sylph I think I love you for posting this.  One of my favorite childhood movies!! :D

:my_smile: I love it, too, but as a mother! That was a really good time for movies for young girls, so I got to enjoy lots more with my daughters than when I was a girl.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

89-95 were some of the best movies made for girls . . . though I'm obviously biased ;)

On topic though: I vote a Christmas engagement! (or at least announcement of the engagement)

I think they will string this one out for the ratings.  Jessa's pregnany/labour will keep people watching for a while and then there is Jinger's honeymoon. Then they will start to tease out an engagement to have enough for another season.  It's obvious that Duggar-daughter weddings rate well and Joy's will be the last one they have for a while.

4 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

But on topic - you can actually see Joy attempting the adoring wife gaze™ 

Hide contents

tumblr_ogwg991FYE1uipssao1_400.giftumblr_ogwg991FYE1uipssao2_400.gif

I can only hope it's because she's truly interested not because that is now her role.

11 hours ago, marmalade said:

Except that Duggar sit-down was filmed sometime in September. Jessa said she was 17 weeks along then. She's about 27 weeks now. So, no not October. 

Mild correction:

Jessa is actually closer to 30 weeks now - I'm due a little less than 3 weeks before her and I'll hit 33 weeks this Saturday. She says she entered the third trimester on November 3rd (see below) - 28 weeks is usually the time frame for starting the third trimester, though I've also seen 27 weeks given as the start too. Based off the second photo below (posted October 25th) and the fact that her gestational weeks start on Thursday, I would bet on her hitting 30 weeks on Thanksgiving. This would also fit the February 2nd due date as well.

Spoiler

So, if Jessa really was 17 weeks during filming, then that scene was likely filmed between August 25 and August 31.

.... pregnancy is kind of my life right now. :pb_lol:

1. The Reiths, including Sarah, attended Jinger and Jeremy's wedding. You can find photos on the Southern Raised Band facebook page. I know there was some speculation about JD and the Reiths in this thread. 

2. I think Josiah and Marjorie broke up because of Josh's scandals. The Duggars didn't seem bothered by Marjorie's pants during the courtship. There are few reason I think they are/will be back together. Josiah said they were taking a break "for a bit" and Marjorie is everywhere. Have we ever seen fundies this close after a breakup? Nathan Bates ans Ashley Salyer? I think they might get back together.too. 

I believe JD drove the Reith's band bus for a bit?  

I don't think we can say that Marjorie & Josiah broke up simply because of Josh.  I do think we can guess that Marjorie is enjoying her live as a dorm room-dwelling fulltime college student at a not-too-fundy college. I also think she liked working at Chick-fil-a.

Neither of those experiences would have been available to her as a teenage probably-soon-to-be-preggo bride.

And Marjorie is in college just 10-15 miles from the Duggars. And don't think we can really compare  that to Nathan and Ashley, who live 700 miles apart.

1 hour ago, Kira said:

2. I think Josiah and Marjorie broke up because of Josh's scandals. The Duggars didn't seem bothered by Marjorie's pants during the courtship. There are few reason I think they are/will be back together. Josiah said they were taking a break "for a bit" and Marjorie is everywhere. Have we ever seen fundies this close after a breakup? Nathan Bates ans Ashley Salyer? I think they might get back together.too. 

Maybe Marjorie decided that the Duggar lifestyle wasn't for her. Despite, being friends with them, I don't think she would know exactly how they lived until she became special friends with Josiah. She seemed to me, a bit too full of life for the Duggars. 

16 hours ago, backyard sylph said:

I guess they are like Princess Odette and Prince Derek.

Hopefully their relationship is more along the lines of Anya and Dimitri. hee hee more 90's references.

55 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I believe JD drove the Reith's band bus for a bit?  

I don't think we can say that Marjorie & Josiah broke up simply because of Josh.  I do think we can guess that Marjorie is enjoying her live as a dorm room-dwelling fulltime college student at a not-too-fundy college. I also think she liked working at Chick-fil-a.

Neither of those experiences would have been available to her as a teenage probably-soon-to-be-preggo bride.

And Marjorie is in college just 10-15 miles from the Duggars. And don't think we can really compare  that to Nathan and Ashley, who live 700 miles apart.

It just my guess for why they broke up. They broke up shortly after the second scandal.

I'm sure she is enjoying her life, but I wouldn't be surprised if Josiah and Marjorie start courting again(after she graduates?) 

I just think it's odd that Majorie is having bible study with the Seewalds and attending events with the Duggars :shrug:.  Like I said, I've never seen fundies this close after a broken courtship.

This is just speculation :my_smile:

17 minutes ago, PartriarchydefyinValkarie said:

Hopefully their relationship is more along the lines of Anya and Dimitri. hee hee more 90's references.

Awww I love Anya and Dimitri! That was a good movie. So was The Swan Princess! :) 

I think all these big fundie families are so intertwined that it's difficult to completely sever ties amongst all family members after a break up. I'm sure Marjorie and her siblings were friends with more than just Josiah. Her family tutored them in Spanish, right? So they all know one another and live near by. Just cutting that family off completely would be nuts. Even by fundie standards. So Marjorie and family hanging around doesn't make me think she and si will get back together.

Marjorie is still in her 1st semester of college. I just can't imagine him waiting 3 1/2 years for her.

8 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Marjorie is still in her 1st semester of college. I just can't imagine him waiting 3 1/2 years for her.

Thats like 2 babies in Duggartime.  Its as bad as birth control!

2 hours ago, Kira said:

It just my guess for why they broke up. They broke up shortly after the second scandal.

I'm sure she is enjoying her life, but I wouldn't be surprised if Josiah and Marjorie start courting again(after she graduates?) 

I just think it's odd that Majorie is having bible study with the Seewalds and attending events with the Duggars :shrug:.  Like I said, I've never seen fundies this close after a broken courtship.

This is just speculation :my_smile:

I think they deal with it in a God like way - meaning God didn't want them together so it's ok to hang out at the Seewalds because Ben will talk to him :D give him worldy advice 

or she is a leg humper and just sucks its up so she can be near heavenly Jessa 

21 hours ago, HurricaneBells said:

Hahaha right! Mean.Duggar.Girls starring: Jessa as Regina George, Jill as Karen Smith and Jinger as Gretchen Wieners :)))))))))))

I wont include Jana and Joy Joy because i like them better than the rest

We need a Cady Heron 

1 hour ago, Glasgowghirl said:

We need a Cady Heron 

Cousin Amy- the opposite of the homeschool jungle freak. And before some jumps on me about that term, it's a quote from the movie. 

image.jpeg

6 hours ago, PartriarchydefyinValkarie said:

Well, Joy certainly has Odette's "oh yeah I'm a strong tomboyish girl who don't need no man....OMG DEREK I LURVE YOU 5EVER ps how into bird sex are you" transformation down pat.

Also, Anastasia is my shit, nearly 20 years on.

2 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Well, Joy certainly has Odette's "oh yeah I'm a strong tomboyish girl who don't need no man....OMG DEREK I LURVE YOU 5EVER ps how into bird sex are you" transformation down pat.

Also, Anastasia is my shit, nearly 20 years on.

Dimitri is still the best.  

4 minutes ago, PartriarchydefyinValkarie said:

Dimitri is still the best.  

Real talk: Dimitri set the bar for my Special Friends. Are you snarky and fast-talking and willing to defend me against the wrath of a necromancer? Swipe right.

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Real talk: Dimitri set the bar for my Special Friends. Are you snarky and fast-talking and willing to defend me against the wrath of a necromancer? Swipe right.

Ra-ra-Rasputin...Ah god now that song is in my head! 

17 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Thats like 2 babies in Duggartime.  Its as bad as birth control!

aaaand there is also the chance for twins! or triplets!!!!!

On November 22, 2016 at 2:52 AM, JabberJabber said:

I can only hope it's because she's truly interested not because that is now her role.

I hate the adoring gaze thing. Those men could be talking about their hemorrhoids and the women look at them like they are the most! fascinating! men! in the world. I am sure that the girls are homeskooled on how to be a proper help-meet, and that adoring glaze/gaze is covered in wifley-hood 101.

On 11/16/2016 at 10:12 PM, actuallyjessica said:

And to think once Joy is married, she will be looked upon as more of an adult than her senior, yet unmarried sister, Jana. Sad.

``Ah! Jane, I take your place now, and you must go lower, because I am a married woman.'' (Pride and Prejudice)

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived