IGNORED

Maxwells conference fall 2011

Feberin

We had an interesting day yesterday....

Love,

Sarah

Heh. This makes me think it would certainly be possible to write an engine to generate their blog content.

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heh. This makes me think it would certainly be possible to write an engine to generate their blog content.

Absolutely. Just make sure "the elderly" and "sweet" are in there.

"I think the Hearts session was a little shocking to some, but they were grateful for it, as evidenced afterward through conversation with us."

For Sarah to write this in the blog, it must have been *really* bad!! :o I'd have to imagine the attendees thought they'd fallen for the ole "bait and switch". One dude in their photo's clearly has on SHORTS!! :lol:

Steve and Teri probably shared just how much they believe children (and that includes adult children) should be isolated from the world.

No sports, no individual friends, no dating, etc.

Yes, that would be shocking to most people.

This latest trip has been a disaster for them. They are so rude to snark on their attendees in their own freakin' blog posts which are supposed to attract followers. What lovely people. Bitter much, Sarah?!

Where is the snark?

I think the Maxwell's snarking is when John said the attendees were "stoic" and Sarah was going on about "hearts were not open" in the previous posts.

This trip is just a disaster for them! God is telling them to STOP!

Yeah, for them that's harsh words. It's all about the context.

I notice they've got a post pimping out the One Ton Ramp, now. Makes me wonder just how the finances are going, over there, what with the unexpected expense of the transmission failure, this tour having fewer than average gigs on it (is that okay language to use? Well, Uriah probably knows from former band owners maybe?), and the Orlando conference having been touted on Facebook (on some local site not affiliated with the Maxwells) as "a free homeschool conference."

Guest Anonymous

It does seem as though the flock of sheeple is getting smaller and smaller these days. :lol:

I would love it if anyone 'stoic' or 'shocked' who has attended a Maxwell conference lately would delurk and spill the beans here. :lol:

Okay, in the latest conference post there are two photos that seem to be rather defrauding of the Maxwell ladies' handbags.

First, the one of Teri sitting using her laptop indoors since they didn't have the bus. Could that floral handbag in the foreground possibly be hers? At first I didn't think so, but then I saw the next photo of Anna carrying her very defraudingly modern handbag and I realized -- holy cow -- these handbags are almost cute!

Anyone have any ideas on this one?

Guest Anonymous

I noticed the handbags too - they wouldn't pop out in anyone else's photos, but on Titus2 they seem like a weird extravagance. :)

Steve answered a question on the blog recently saying it is often cheaper to buy ready to wear clothing than to make it, and he said they know where to shop for bargains. Maybe they have an online shopping habit that gives them a bit of a release from the daily grind.

I know they have said they shop Land's End for a lot of the ladies' shirts under the frumpers (this was awhile ago when we saw a lot more of the frumpers) and I've also noticed a lot of the men wearing Under Armour hats, jackets, shirts. I'm not sure what the shift was for the women -- my suspicion is that he reads here and realized we held them accountable for their frumpers. But I'm really surprised he lets them carry handbags of an even remotely modern shape or those bold colors of that floral thing. I would think everything would need to be as benign and bland as possible.

I have noticed that they all seem to wear nice shoes (hard to see under those frumper-length skirts). They don't seem to be scrimping on ballet flats from Walmart.

Just some observations.

Don't snark on their handbags. Their God or Steve as they refer to him, will make them start carrying Walmart bags.

Can't have an idol afterall.

I bet that Psycho Stevie inspects what's in the handbags and manbags.

I wonder what websites Teri looks at? Maybe Stevie has a parental control on only looking at bible.com, or she may have a secret profile on http://gaydargirls.com/ :lol:

i noticed the handbags in the recent post, too.

i also had to wonder if the girls must wake up every morning and conference on The Day's Outfit, or if Steve just tells them what to wear. the matchy-matchy is so ick.

Unless they are getting the Under Armour clothes at a thrift store, those definitely are not cheaper than making clothes.

The girls' clothes have improved, but they could do so much better. I looked at Lands End's website, and the models on their look modest but much more modern and stylish.

Any of these would be a huge improvement, while still retaining the modest look:

http://www.landsend.com/pp/WindowpaneFlareSkirt~228734_59.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::GLD&CM_MERCH=IDX_Women-_-DressesSkirts&origin=index

http://www.landsend.com/pp/CowlneckDress~229876_59.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::WML&CM_MERCH=IDX_Women-_-DressShop&origin=index

Add some opaque tights and knee high boots, and they would be just as covered up.

I know they have said they shop Land's End for a lot of the ladies' shirts under the frumpers (this was awhile ago when we saw a lot more of the frumpers) and I've also noticed a lot of the men wearing Under Armour hats, jackets, shirts. I'm not sure what the shift was for the women -- my suspicion is that he reads here and realized we held them accountable for their frumpers.

I'm wondering if they realized they had to spruce the girls up if the ever hope to find husbands?

Or is it possible the younger girls were tired looking like their 50-something year old mother?

Under Armor, is that the logo I see on them?

I saw the same logo on something Gene Simmons was wearing on TV, the other night.

Ha h a ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't snark on their handbags. Their God or Steve as they refer to him, will make them start carrying Walmart bags.

Can't have an idol afterall.

Walmart bags .. :lol:

We too are parents that go against the flow. I am so thankful for the decisions that my husband and I have made in the past 23 years and for the direction the Lord has given us. I just wasn’t prepared for how lonely a road we were going to be on. We have our children’s hearts, and for that it is worth it.

One of their fans wrote this comment regarding their "Hearts" session/philosophy. I find it just so sad and disgusting, encouraging others to be alone, is that really something Jesus would do???

We too are parents that go against the flow. I am so thankful for the decisions that my husband and I have made in the past 23 years and for the direction the Lord has given us. I just wasn’t prepared for how lonely a road we were going to be on. We have our children’s hearts, and for that it is worth it.

One of their fans wrote this comment regarding their "Hearts" session/philosophy. I find it just so sad and disgusting, encouraging others to be alone, is that really something Jesus would do???

Archived