IGNORED

Election Results 2016

Destiny

2 minutes ago, EmmieJ said:

If Trump wins, I'll be first in line to garner support for California to secede.  Can't emigrate to Canada - don't have the money needed.

I think all the blue states need to secede.

Enough of this shit is enough.  The Civil War never ended.

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Destiny said:

He is right now. There's hope though. I remember being equally stressed about 2012.
#imwithyou

I don't want to live in Trump's America.

I can't imagine any other election causing equal stress.  At least for me.

Trump hasn't won any states yet that he wasn't predicted to win. 

Here's what's been called so far: 

http://www.politico.com/

And here's what was predicted (this is only one site's predictions, but I think their predictions were close to other sites): 

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/trailguide/la-na-trailguide-updates-here-s-our-final-electoral-map-of-the-1478473458-htmlstory.html

16 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Shoot- between FL, VA and NC results,  I just stabbed myself with the wine opener while trying to pop open a bottle.

Get a screw cap bottle for nights like this but I am happy that Tammy Duckworth is winning.

2 minutes ago, daisyd681 said:

I posted this in the nervous democrats thread, but it seems useful here too.

http://www.foodandwine.com/fwx/drink/election-night-drinking-game-2016?xid=soc_socialflow_facebook_fw

The Aurora picture cracked me up too much for comfort. Stahhhhp Florida, seriously. 

If only I were with my friends, not sitting on the couch with my dad.

I can't believe I was scared in 2012 and 2008. THIS is fear. 

This. I didn't like Romney but I didn't think he was gonna kill the fucking world.

How is my swing state going for Trump?!?!?! We go blue against boring, nice ol'Mitt but vote for Trump?!?!?

Okay, okay. Calm down Nausicaa. Our most populous, blue leaning counties haven't been called yet. 

Come on Loudoun and Fairfax. Save us from Cinnamon Hitler. 

It's going to be close in some of these swing states but large Democratic areas are still reporting. It might not be the big win we wanted in some of these states, but he would still have to turn a blue state red. Deep breaths...

Michigan should not be too close to call at this point.  New Hampshire should not be too close to call at this point.

What the fuck is wrong with this country?   My family and I do not belong here.

I feel like puking...and not just from the constant acid reflux from being pregnant. I had the TV on but had to turn it off.

6 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

This is terrifying. 

I am terrified. This is not good. 

As a friend on Facebook just said, "Why is this so close? How did so many people vote for a sociopathic racist bully for president??? Even after today, things are not gonna be OK."

I have NEVER watched an election come in before. I always had faith that the other guy, though not ideal, would be alright. I have no such faith now.

Okay, Cuyahoga county only has 10% reporting.  We put Ohio over the top in 2012.  Fingers crossed the blue areas are still counting.  

I keep thinking of my ancestors who immigrated to America so their descendants could be Jewish without fear.  I am frozen with fear, wondering if tonight is going to be the night that their hopes are officially dead. I am terrified of going back to a world where my family and I need an escape plan.

Am I being too optimistic, or could it be too close to call in some states because we had just a high voter turnout and there are just more votes to count than usual?

Just now, daisyd681 said:

I have NEVER watched an election come in before. I always had faith that the other guy, though not ideal, would be alright. I have no such faith now.

Same here. I always smugly chuckled at people who acted like it was Armageddon. 

I am about to have a panic attack over here. I didn't know things were this bad. I didn't know this many people were this hateful. I just don't have words right now.

I'm glad I at least live in California, but at this point, I'm thinking of just getting my tubes tied while I still can.

• Destiny locked this topic
  • OnceUponATime unpinned this topic

Archived