IGNORED

Election Results 2016

Destiny

Just now, MarblesMom said:

What's up with the shooting near a polling place in Azusa, @Destiny or other LA people?  Just getting basic news on this.  Was this voting related or just bad geography?  Off to search for more info.

My sources indicate it was not election related but just happened to be near two polling places. That's from talking to people, so I don't have a link. 

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, livinginthelight said:

I just don't get it. How can a majority of people in an ENTIRE STATE vote for such a horrible, horrible man? I knew KY was red, but wasn't Indiana more of a tossup?:tw_frown:

Indiana can get out of the Midwest.  I'll help them pack.

This is annoying. I've got a conference to go to, a conference to plan, and I can't seem to get any actual work done. I really wish they would HOLD OFF on announcing anything until after every vote is counted. Nothing will change until January anyway, having us wait a week and announcing it at 7 a.m. HI time a week from next Tuesday won't harm anything. 

2 minutes ago, AuntK said:

Shhhhhhiiiiiitttttt!!!! Trump is ahead with 88%  in Florida!!! #fffuuucckkk!!!

CNN just said that the bulk of the uncounted votes are in the Miami area, where Hillary has been running over 60%. I'm trying to breathe too.

Arkansas coming up.  Too many Duggars there for any realistic hope for HTC. 

1 minute ago, Maggie Mae said:

This is annoying. I've got a conference to go to, a conference to plan, and I can't seem to get any actual work done. I really wish they would HOLD OFF on announcing anything until after every vote is counted. Nothing will change until January anyway, having us wait a week and announcing it at 7 a.m. HI time a week from next Tuesday won't harm anything. 

I would have to be institutionalized if I have to wait til next Tuesday.

2 minutes ago, AuntK said:

This.  And I just sent out for Grey Goose.  If I had to stay drunk till next Tuesday could make work problematic.

At one point, I think I mentioned a FJ Groupon for the Betty Ford Center might be a good idea....

3 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

This.  And I just sent out for Grey Goose.  If I had to stay drunk till next Tuesday could make work problematic.

Holy shit. YOU are drinking? HOLY SHIT B!

Send another bottle of wine. 

4 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Oooh that sounds good! I'm stuck on cheap wine and I daren't drink much because I'm too tense!

35 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

Do you think it works?  Bush??

I'm kinda torn about the electoral college. A purely popular vote would mean that candidates would only hit the biggest cities and ignore the rest of the country. Smaller states that are considered to be swing states under the current system, would have their economies negatively effected by the loss of campaign dollars that they currently receive during election season.

Then again, those of us who live in the smaller locations, would no longer see political ads from local media sources, while the big city residents would likely see even more political advertising. That would nice for people like me, but the big city residents would go insane.

Under our current system, the presidential candidates tend to ignore the safely red or blue states, and focus on the swing states. Once again, just like with a popular vote system, some citizens are going to be ignored. There is also the problem of faithless electors who decide to cast their vote in a way that doesn't reflect the outcome of their state.

As for Bush, while I didn't vote for him either time, I don't consider him a nutbag. I'm glad he is no longer the president,  but he's not a sociopath like Trump.

I don't know if I answered your question or not. I'm rambling now so I'll shut up. :pb_lol:

I am sitting here watching this all go down. I still cannot believe that Donald Fucking Trump was able to win one state. What the hell are people thinking casting a vote to this troll? Seriously. Back in 2008 people on the Right were moaning about Obama and his lack of experience. Fast forward and those same people are throwing votes behind Trump.

Obama is a decent and good man, and so many people voting for Trump slam him. Trump is seriously the biggest piece of shit I have ever laid eyes on, yet they praise him. 

I just don't get it. I am disgusted. I am sick to my stomach thinking this is where we are at as a nation. I am hopeful Hillary will pull out a win tonight, but I am just so flabbergasted at the level of support a candidate like Trump has received. 

They're projecting that the Republicans will keep control of the House. Crap. Now there will be 2 more years of wasted time and money on investigations that will go nowhere. 

2 minutes ago, Mecca said:

I am sitting here watching this all go down. I still cannot believe that Donald Fucking Trump was able to win one state. What the hell are people thinking casting a vote to this troll? Seriously. Back in 2008 people on the Right were moaning about Obama and his lack of experience. Fast forward and those same people are throwing votes behind Trump.

Obama is a decent and good man, and so many people voting for Trump slam him. Trump is seriously the biggest piece of shit I have ever laid eyes on, yet they praise him. 

I just don't get it. I am disgusted. I am sick I to my stomach thinking this is where we are at as a nation. I am hopeful Hillary will pull out a win tonight, but I am just so flabbergasted at the level of support a candidate like Trump has received. 

Exactly. I so agree. This is insane.

1 minute ago, Mecca said:

still cannot believe that Donald Fucking Trump was able to win one state. What the hell are people thinking casting a vote to this troll?

They're not necessarily thinking Trump they're perhaps voting no to Clinton. Also some of these are hard core republicans who vote for the values and views. Also many people believe that Trump can deliver change which a career politician can't. Not my views btw.

Just now, livinginthelight said:

Exactly.

Because people have bought his BS hook, line and sinker.

Bringing back steel and mining to the rust belt. Who believes this shit?

Plus, if the fancy billionaire business could do all these things and make America great, why HASN'T he been doing just that?????? Why has he been outsourcing?

Why did he use Chinese steel to build his fancy hotels?

3 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

They're projecting that the Republicans will keep control of the House. Crap. Now there will be 2 more years of wasted time and money on investigations that will go nowhere. 

Neither party has a monopoly on wasting money.  Huge part of the reason I hate the entire system.

4 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

I'm kinda torn about the electoral college. A purely popular vote would mean that candidates would only hit the biggest cities and ignore the rest of the country. Smaller states that are considered to be swing states under the current system, would have their economies negatively effected by the loss of campaign dollars that they currently receive during election season.

Then again, those of us who live in the smaller locations, would no longer see political ads from local media sources, while the big city residents would likely see even more political advertising. That would nice for people like me, but the big city residents would go insane.

Under our current system, the presidential candidates tend to ignore the safely red or blue states, and focus on the swing states. Once again, just like with a popular vote system, some citizens are going to be ignored. There is also the problem of faithless electors who decide to cast their vote in a way that doesn't reflect the outcome of their state.

As for Bush, while I didn't vote for him either time, I don't consider him a nutbag. I'm glad he is no longer the president,  but he's not a sociopath like Trump.

I don't know if I answered your question or not. I'm rambling now so I'll shut up. :pb_lol:

You did, and very well!  I still feel that it makes sense if the candidate who receives the most votes wins, but you've helped me see another side of it. It's interesting. Strange, though. 

Just now, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Neither party has a monopoly on wasting money.  Huge part of the reason I hate the entire system.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on that one because I don't see the Democrats holding 9 investigations on someone who has already been proven innocent. 

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Damn! Thought hubby had chilled a bottle for me...no such luck. Found a cold Deschutes Fresh hop IPA though..so that will do for now.

20 minutes ago, AuntK said:

No, you wouldn't. You'd just waste your Tuesday morning, where as I'm wasting my Tuesday afternoon right now. I'd prefer it if some of you east coasters could waste your work time on this nonsense once in while. 

OF course I'd be hunting through the internet waiting. But right now I'm really annoyed :)  that you all are at home drinking and in your jammy jams and I still need to leave work and go campaign for people. 

• Destiny locked this topic
  • OnceUponATime unpinned this topic

Archived