IGNORED

Election Results 2016

Destiny

We're having trouble sleeping. Husband went back downstairs. I'm still curled up in bed. We honestly don't know what to do if he wins. What will happen to my brother? Will all the rights his community fought so hard for me rolled back? And what about my baby girl? I just want to keep her in your belly for the next four years if he wins because at least then she'll be safe.

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, bashfulpixie said:

Lots of closet racist, misogynist people out there who won't fly their asshole flag publicly, but will gladly do it privately.

I think the sexism comes first.  And all of the rest follows.

This is not going to be over tonight.  He who screamed about rigged voting might want to check himself when he is challenged on results.

I hate to sound like a Republican right now, but I'm starting to wonder if they're cheating. 

I'm going over the edge here. 

1 minute ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Refresh.  Those are older numbers.

And Trump just won Ohio.

I just refreshed right now and it still said that. Then as I was typing this it changed to 51% Clinton/48% Trump. I'm so freaking scared.

Big cleansing breath during the commercials.  And in .... and out..... 

The New York Times is predicting the Trump will win 305 to 233. They have him as a favorite to win Michigan and Pennsylvania. Did Trump ever lead Pennsylvania polls ??? This is strange, terrible, frightening etc.....

:tw_cry:

I can't even bear to think about what this might mean for the next four years of my life. And all our lives. Damn, it is not an exaggeration to say that this feels a little bit like the beginning of the end.

These results make me want to get my tubes tied so I won't ever have children who will grow up in this kind of environment. 

I found out today that my niece and her BF, who both live in NC, voted for Jill Stein. Jill Fucking Stein of the Fucking Green Party which does nothing but take votes away from Democratic candidates. Someone come here and forcibly detain me from getting in my car*, driving down there, and shaking sense into those two.

*I'd better not even think of driving because I've already downed a mini bottle of pink Kinky liqueur and am now drinking a concoction of cream soda and butterscotch schnapps. I am on my way to being sooo wasted. No, I don't drive after I drink. Never.

This feels like 2000 all over again with stupid asses voting for third party candidates enough that the rest of the country gets fucked because of it.

Can I just say that a similar thing happened in the UK last year and the year before. First with the general election where the conservatives did a lot better than polling predicted and secondly in Brexit where again polls were wrong. Some voters are just not comfortable enough with going public if they're voting against public opinion.

1 minute ago, pamplemousse said:

am now drinking a concoction of cream soda and butterscotch schnapps.

OMG I didn't even know this existed. :)

Yes, stay put and beat her up with a wet noodle tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, pamplemousse said:

I found out today that my niece and her BF, who both live in NC, voted for Jill Stein. Jill Fucking Stein of the Fucking Green Party which does nothing but take votes away from Democratic candidates. Someone come here and forcibly detain me from getting in my car*, driving down there, and shaking sense into those two.

*I'd better not even think of driving because I've already downed a mini bottle of pink Kinky liqueur and am now drinking a concoction of cream soda and butterscotch schnapps. I am on my way to being sooo wasted. No, I don't drive after I drink. Never.

That sounds delicious/like alcoholic butterbeer.

4 minutes ago, Coy Koi said:

I just refreshed right now and it still said that. Then as I was typing this it changed to 51% Clinton/48% Trump. I'm so freaking scared.

Read the blog, not the numbers to the side.  He's at 55%.

1 minute ago, bashfulpixie said:

This feels like 2000 all over again with stupid asses voting for third party candidates enough that the rest of the country gets fucked because of it.

That's probably true. 

• Destiny locked this topic
  • OnceUponATime unpinned this topic

Archived