IGNORED

Election Results 2016

Destiny

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

They are also voting pocketbook.  His proposed tax plan is far more appealing.  

None of which mitigates who he is.  He could show up at my house with a semi full of cash and I wouldn't turn.

full disclosure - this is the first election where I disregarded entirely who would be more likely benefit me financially.  It's the first time for me that other things were so critical that it doesn't matter at all.

and I'm not going to argue nuance of tax plans tonight - I'm just saying this as it illustrates the mindset of someone who typically prioritizes fiscal issues.  The people I know voting for Trump, to the person, is doing it because of financial concerns.

Yes, because cutting taxes and solving all the other problems [which usually means spending money] is going to decrease the debt. Great plan- pie-in-the-sky thinking and people buy it. Even St Reagan raised taxes.

I have two things to offer: Lamaze is not just for birthin' babies and this:

kitty toes.jpg

19 minutes ago, FrumperedCat said:

They're not necessarily thinking Trump they're perhaps voting no to Clinton. Also some of these are hard core republicans who vote for the values and views. Also many people believe that Trump can deliver change which a career politician can't. Not my views btw.

But some of their reasoning does not explain how Trump became their nominee in the first place.

Values in the way the GOP defines them should never be associated with Donald Trump, unless advocating sexual assault is a new value of the GOP. Should they change their name to Grand Old Pussy Grabbers if Trump is elected? The only thing Trump values is his own self-interest. 

Just now, RoseWilder said:

i feel sick. If they would just call one swing state for Clinton, I would start to feel better. 

This. I'm gonna puke. 

2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Shoot- between FL, VA and NC results,  I just stabbed myself with the wine opener while trying to pop open a bottle.

As a wine professional, I wish I could be there to help you.  LOL!  I've already warned my two daughters (who will both be able to vote in the next presidential election!) that they are on their own in the morning to get up and get to school. This is way too close for my taste!

I am getting more tense as this goes along. 

Re-watched the West Wing Santos/Vinick election episode last night.  Trying to remind myself that THAT election went right down  to the wire. Not over until it's over etc. ETC. (And please, nobody point out that the West Wing is fictional)

And my husband is not helping by announcing that the stock markets are getting really nervous-down 22 points right now.  

FUCK.

3 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

i feel sick. If they would just call one swing state for Clinton, I would start to feel better. 

I agree! All these states keep getting called so quickly for Drumpf but it's taking awhile for Clinton to get states. UGH Florida why do you do this every. freaking. election?

You asshats in Florida that voted for that airhead Johnson, whose RUNNING MATE ENDORSED HRC, may have given the state to Trump.   Way to fucking go you fucking shitheads!

I just keep reminding myself that people were predicting that MIssouri would get called quickly for Trump and it hasn't yet. Georgia hasn't called for him yet. That's not good news for him either. 

Dear Florida,

For the sake of my unborn child just fucking stop. Seriously.

Also, how has CNN still not declared Connecticut for Clinton? Really?

I think they're just stalling on calling some states to make it seem more competitive. Because they're assholes. And ratings.

My nerves are shot. I want to go to bed and just wake up in the morning to see who wins, but no way I will be able to sleep! 

If Trump wins, I'll be first in line to garner support for California to secede.  Can't emigrate to Canada - don't have the money needed.

guys please tell me that this maniac is not winning, 

He is right now. There's hope though. I remember being equally stressed about 2012.
If Trump wins, I'll be first in line to garner support for California to secede.  Can't emigrate to Canada - don't have the money needed.

#imwithyou

I don't want to live in Trump's America.

I was back in Australia last year for several months when a Trump announced his run of the presidency. I told my in-laws I would move back to Oz if that fucker got into the White House. My MIL just texted my husband and said, "Are you packing to come back home?" 

50 minutes ago, AuntK said:

I would have to be institutionalized if I have to wait til next Tuesday.

Yup. The suspense of the 2000 election almost killed me.

How the fucking fuck is this so close??

2 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

We have a law that says if there are more than 5 cars behind you on the highway, you have to pull over and let them pass, or you will be cited. It's weird until you are stuck behind a motor home going 45 that refuses to get over and there are a bunch of people speeding behind you being frightening. I wish everyone could just be more patient! 

That's so weird. Here it's rare not to have 5+ cars behind you on the highway.

1 hour ago, MarblesMom said:

I turned on Fox  - and I LOLed for reals.  Carl Rove has a little white board.  ALL THAT TECHNOLOGY and touch screens and modern whatsits and he has a frikking white board.  Good God.

Remember last election when what's his face, grumpy white dude on fox, didn't believe Obama won and had what's her face personally go check on the people reporting the results and the camera awkwardly followed her on live TV?

Just now, Destiny said:

He is right now. There's hope though. I remember being equally stressed about 2012.

I was just thinking the same thing. Romney was polling very well in the beginning. I need to keep calm but goodness gracious.

Not looking good.  She should have pulled in more of those traditional blue leaning swing states by now.

I really feel sick right now.

I think I'm going to throw up! My 16 yo daughter got into an argument with some of her friends at school today. One of her soccer teammates said "I want her to get shot".  Indoctrination at its finest. AND we live in a BLUE state in a BLUE county!

And I wish that they wouldn't color in a state until it's called. Or color them another color, like light red for Trump and light blue for Clinton for the leaders.

• Destiny locked this topic
  • OnceUponATime unpinned this topic

Archived