IGNORED

Election Results 2016

Destiny

Holy fuck. What is wrong with people?  This is terrifying (for us non-Americans too)!!

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a sneaking suspicion that too many people in this country are too sexist to vote for a woman. And wouldn't admit it in polls. 

1 minute ago, Fascinated said:

Holy fuck. What is wrong with people?  This is terrifying (for us non-Americans too)!!

They are assholes that lack empathy. 

3 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

Am I being too optimistic, or could it be too close to call in some states because we had just a high voter turnout and there are just more votes to count than usual?

MSNBC just said much of the unexpected voter turnout were for Trump and they underestimated how many people were angry and wanting change. 

I. Can't. Even. The thought of a Trump presidency is so horrifying that I don't even want to think about it. I thought by this time, I would be whooping it up and celebrating, but these returns are so terrifying. Who are these voters? Who are these people who voted to support hate, sexism, racism, without a second thought?

Trump is not only uniquely unsuited, unprepared, and unfit to be president, I personally believe he suffers from some sort of untreated mental illness. He is a ticking time bomb. Did these people REALLY think he could do the job? And just look at the cabinet he has proposed; Rudy Giuliani? God help us!

The fact that Trump is doing so well really shows how fucked up we are. Women, minorities, immigrants, and atheists should be very nervous right now. Whether he wins or not, clearly there is more hate in his country than any one ever thought. 

Just now, HerNameIsBuffy said:

MSNBC just said much of the unexpected voter turnout were for Trump and they underestimated how many people were angry and wanting change. 

How can they possibly know that at this point? That's a serious question, by the way. Did they have polls to show that or are they just guessing? 

The republicans were always going to maintain their majority in the house, and it's looking more and more like they're going to take the senate. If Trump wins he'll be able to do whatever he wants.

I feel sick.

5 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

You should be terrified.  If he wins I'm going to show up with a sleeping bag begging to crash on your floor.  And I'm not easy to live with.

2 minutes ago, Shiny said:

The fact that Trump is doing so well really shows how fucked up we are. Women, minorities, immigrants, and atheists should be very nervous right now. Whether he wins or not, clearly there is more hate in his country than any one ever thought. 

Women, minorities, gays, trans people - are going to be in danger.  Actual danger.

You should be terrified.  If he wins I'm going to show up with a sleeping bag begging to crash on your floor.  And I'm not easy to live with.

Can I come too@fascinated?

Just now, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I really hope the non-American FJ members are ready to adopt the American ones. How is this happening?! How can a monster get so many votes?! I don't get it ? What is wrong with the world?! 

2 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

How can they possibly know that at this point? That's a serious question, by the way. Did they have polls to show that or are they just guessing? 

I don't know.  And I wasn't saying it was fact, just that they had said it.  Maddow and the guy with the goatee.

21 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

And I wish that they wouldn't color in a state until it's called. Or color them another color, like light red for Trump and light blue for Clinton for the leaders.

They do that on the google maps I looked at earlier. 

1 minute ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Women, minorities, gays, trans people - are going to be in danger.  Actual danger.

Yes some are going to be in real danger. 

My niece, the Registrar of Voters in a Calif county, is currently in a camping hammock in her office, in the dark, until the polls close.  I like her approach.

This is not the birthday evening I was hoping to have. I was optimistic but not confident that Hillary had the edge, but I am on tenterhooks. 

I have an extensive list on where Americans can live and work visa-free, if anyone is interested. I wonder if Albania will let me bring my poodle...

9 minutes ago, ADoyle90815 said:

"This is how liberty dies, with thunderous applause."

I made this last night:

image.jpeg

9 minutes ago, GeoBQn said:

I keep thinking of my ancestors who immigrated to America so their descendants could be Jewish without fear.  I am frozen with fear, wondering if tonight is going to be the night that their hopes are officially dead. I am terrified of going back to a world where my family and I need an escape plan.

We can figure out an escape plan together. My grandma didn't survive and escape the Holocaust and come here for this shit to happen.

2 minutes ago, zygote373 said:

The republicans were always going to maintain their majority in the house, and it's looking more and more like they're going to take the senate. If Trump wins he'll be able to do whatever he wants.

I feel sick.

I can't think about the shit Trump could do with both majorities.

And if Hillary wins they will block her at every turn, even if she cures cancer, and claim she's ineffective.

1 minute ago, Maggie Mae said:

They do that on the google maps I looked at earlier. 

The Washington Post also does that as well, lighter colors for states that are leaning one way or another.

• Destiny locked this topic
  • OnceUponATime unpinned this topic

Archived