IGNORED

Election Results 2016

Destiny

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, FrumperedCat said:

That's Virginia right? Apparently there's a county in Virginia that's been representative of the state outcome in the past. That county is currently reporting Clinton beating Trump by 16%, though surely that's a bit extreme for a final result for Virginia overall?

Virginia is wildly divided. Northern Virginia (which is small land-wise, but huge population-wise) normally votes Democratic as does the city of Richmond and close in suburbs. The rest of the state, which is largely rural, is as Trumpy as can be. I live in Northern VA, in one of the most Democratic precincts of all. Our Congressman, a Democrat, hasn't had any opposition for a couple of terms.

When I saw the map on CNN, it looked like the bulk of reporting on VA numbers were from the "red" areas.

Trump did better than Romney in Florida with white men, both those with college degrees and those without.

Just now, FakePigtails said:

Trump did better than Romney in Florida with white men, both those with college degrees and those without.

HOW THE FUCK DID THAT HAPPEN?????? I really want to down vote you because fuck that but that would not be fair to you so i'm gonna ALL CAPS FUCKING RAGE!!!!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!

I turned on Fox  - and I LOLed for reals.  Carl Rove has a little white board.  ALL THAT TECHNOLOGY and touch screens and modern whatsits and he has a frikking white board.  Good God.

Shit that fucker Marco Rubio is the projected winner of the Senate seat. What is WRONG with these people? Rubio had the worst attendance record in the Senate!

Just now, Destiny said:

HOW THE FUCK DID THAT HAPPEN?????? I really want to down vote you because fuck that but that would not be fair to you so i'm gonna ALL CAPS FUCKING RAGE!!!!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!

I know :( There were big gains in the Hispanic vote for the Dems since the last election though. Overall the number of 'red' states that still haven't been called is encouraging. 

Rubio got reelected per CNN. Dammit Florida, you had TWO jobs and you blew one of them. Don't blow the other!

Just now, GreyhoundFan said:

Virginia is wildly divided. Northern Virginia (which is small land-wise, but huge population-wise) normally votes Democratic as does the city of Richmond and close in suburbs. The rest of the state, which is largely rural, is as Trumpy as can be. I live in Northern VA, in one of the most Democratic precincts of all. Our Congressman, a Democrat, hasn't had any opposition for a couple of terms.

When I saw the map on CNN, it looked like the bulk of reporting on VA numbers were from the "red" areas.

Don't forget the Tidewater/Hampton Roads area of VA-- Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Hampton, Chesapeake, Newport News. We're heavily military here, and sometimes it's hard to predict just which way it's going to go with so many people here from other parts of the country, but I'm guessing we'll go as red as the rural areas of the state.

1 minute ago, AuntK said:

Shit that fucker Marco Rubio is the projected winner of the Senate seat. What is WRONG with these people? Rubio had the worst attendance record in the Senate!

Seriously, what the hell??? Who is voting for this fool?!

One more observation.  If we are really concerned about racism in the US, perhaps it is time to stop worrying about the "Latino" vote, or the "black" votes and just be concerned about...... votes.  I am getting a little irritated.

Not you guys, the talking heads on TV.

You'd think I'd  be immune to all this tension, sitting at home with my cup of tea here in the far West of Canada, as the sun sets after the first dry day in weeks, but No.   My political junkie husband is making me crazy flipping between networks, filing in the data on his list of states (organized alphabetically AND by number of electoral votes) and checking what the markets are doing as results come in.  

I may need something stronger than tea by the time the evening is out. 

Just now, MarblesMom said:

One more observation.  If we are really concerned about racism in the US, perhaps it is time to stop worrying about the "Latino" vote, or the "black" votes and just be concerned about...... votes.  I am getting a little irritated.

I get what you're saying but it's still a pretty big divider in terms of voting. There are massive differences between Trump and Clinton in terms of these different groups. It's down to demographics. It's like male vs female I guess.

Geez, FL keeps flip flopping. I hope they finish counting the votes soon -- they are at 87% of the statewide vote in. C'mon FL, bring it home for Hillary.

Florida is epically stressing me out. SEND WINE AND THIS MEETING TO BE OVER SO I CAN DRINK!

5 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Don't forget the Tidewater/Hampton Roads area of VA-- Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Hampton, Chesapeake, Newport News. We're heavily military here, and sometimes it's hard to predict just which way it's going to go with so many people here from other parts of the country, but I'm guessing we'll go as red as the rural areas of the state.

You are right. I counted Tidewater as red, because the military is so big there and they usually push the vote towards Republicans.

Just now, JoyfulSel said:

I'm watching ABC News and Guiliani just came on. I need bleach.

I changed the channel the second they said his name. Can't deal with him tonight.:puke-front:

What's up with the shooting near a polling place in Azusa, @Destiny or other LA people?  Just getting basic news on this.  Was this voting related or just bad geography?  Off to search for more info.

• Destiny locked this topic
  • OnceUponATime unpinned this topic

Archived