IGNORED

Election Results 2016

Destiny

All I'll say is that I'm glad I have plenty of wine and spirits to choose from in my fridge and cabinets, because I may need at least some of them before the night is over. It's bad enough that I live in a deep red area and that all the jerks running in these parts for the state and national House and Senate won. It's worse yet that Trump took the electoral votes for this state. God, the FSM, and everyone and everything else help us if Trump manages to win the election. 

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least I can go smoke some legal recreational marijuana. WTG Florida, you legalized medical use. CATCH UP. 

16 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

At one point, I think I mentioned a FJ Groupon for the Betty Ford Center might be a good idea....

Sign me up!

Well, fellow FJers, I have to sign off. I really wanted to be here with my fellow sane folks all evening, but I have to go get some rest because I have to leave home at 5 tomorrow morning and drive a long ways. I look forward to logging in sometime tomorrow and seeing that all our fears were for nothing and that we have our first woman President. We all need to take a deep breath.

2 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I look forward to logging in sometime tomorrow and seeing that all our fears were for nothing and that we have our first woman President. We all need to take a deep breath.

From your lips to FSM's ears. Safe travels. :)

1 minute ago, ADoyle90815 said:

Someone on my FB feed posted this meme:

I just cracked up in the middle of this meeting that I'm totally paying attention to. Really. Totally. ALL THE ATTENTION!

Just popping in to implore everyone to watch this live stream of kittens voting for president by pooping in a litter box: 

Spoiler

Off to catch up!

And the Trump colored/Dorito flavored tacos I made for dinner were delicious.

You guys are a much better news feed than the media! And far more entertaining :) Meanwhile here in Australia (or should i say only in Australia)... our betting agencies are taking bets on the outcome with Hils the favourite to win at $1.17 and the Trumpster at $4.65! LOL. And i know i dont get a say but if i did, i would say #imwithher Good luck guys!

5 hours ago, ADoyle90815 said:

Someone on my FB feed posted this meme:

15032180_10208770689679241_1286534547013223488_n.jpg

Hahahaha. I feel so old, I just explained hanging chads to someone because she didn't get the reference I made on Facebook. To be fair she was like 7 in 2000, but I was 10...

1 hour ago, Fascinated said:

Do you in the western time zones ever feel your votes don't count?  I think that would piss me off bigly.

The first presidential election I voted in was 2000. I lived in California. I got home from voting about 20 minutes before the polls closed. My parents were encouraging me to go vote immediately as soon as I walked in the door thinking I may have skipped it. I felt like my vote mattered in that election. All other presidential elections I voted in have been in the eastern time zone.

2 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

That's how things are here in backwards Indiana. Polls close at 6 and there's a law that says if a person is speeding, you have to get out of their way or you're the one breaking the law (seriously, that's actually law here.) 

Jesus I hate living in this state.  I need to move.

7 minutes ago, RoseWilder said:

They're projecting that the Republicans will keep control of the House. Crap. Now there will be 2 more years of wasted time and money on investigations that will go nowhere. 

I can see scenarios where a Republican house leads to way more than just 2 wasted years.  I could see the house ensuring that Hillary ends up stymied by the House for her entire presidency, unable to implement any useful policies, country going to hell in a handbasket Hilary gets the blame,  extreme views get even more extreme, etc.  

You know what? Nevermind: I'm just not going to speculate on that anymore. More than enough to worry about right now, nevermind the future. 

Also (apologies to all intelligent people currently living in Fla) I FUCKING H ATE FLORIDA.   WHY DO THEY HAVE TO BE SO CLOSE EVERY GODDAMMIT ELECTION.

5 minutes ago, FrumperedCat said:

They're not necessarily thinking Trump they're perhaps voting no to Clinton. Also some of these are hard core republicans who vote for the values and views. Also many people believe that Trump can deliver change which a career politician can't. Not my views btw.

They are also voting pocketbook.  His proposed tax plan is far more appealing.  

None of which mitigates who he is.  He could show up at my house with a semi full of cash and I wouldn't turn.

full disclosure - this is the first election where I disregarded entirely who would be more likely benefit me financially.  It's the first time for me that other things were so critical that it doesn't matter at all.

and I'm not going to argue nuance of tax plans tonight - I'm just saying this as it illustrates the mindset of someone who typically prioritizes fiscal issues.  The people I know voting for Trump, to the person, is doing it because of financial concerns.

Just now, RoseWilder said:

Damn. Trump just got Texas. I knew it was a long shot, but I wanted her to get that state. 

Who said that? CNN has not called it yet.

John McCain keeps his seat. Damn again. After his talk of blocking all supreme court nominees, I was really hoping he would lose. 

This is much more of a nail biter than I expected.  Seriously.

Shoot- between FL, VA and NC results,  I just stabbed myself with the wine opener while trying to pop open a bottle.

I need Miami Dade and Broward county to be added NOW. I'm so nervous with all of these democratic-typically areas taking so long to report.

I'm so nervous for you guys. Hopefully it turns out alright and you will get you first Woman president. 

Or else we have to start building our wall...

• Destiny locked this topic
  • OnceUponATime unpinned this topic

Archived