IGNORED

Counting On Season Two - Part 6

Coconut Flan

4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Spurge still has a baby face and body.

Just like his father :)

I remember the whole JillyMuffinWedding-palooza on FJ, and waiting for first pictures from Jessa and Bin's wedding, not to mention famous waiting for Izrael.. I do not expect the excitement this time.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Dubiousclaire said:

I did actually like Jessa and Ben's vows better. But the aggressive piano had  to go. It's not just loud, it's angry and deep, and fast. I have heard the same music played much more delicately. I hope  Jinger gets her hair professionally done, and that she wears shoes for heavens sake. Barefoot is fine for a beach or meadow, not a church. And no dammed running down the aisle. It's so undignified.  And the guys better not grab their spouses and try to show off their kissing too. That is so immature. 

I would like to suggest that maybe they watch some royal wedding footage.  As important as a wedding is to a fundie, the Duggars certainly like to act like fools at them. 

RE: the angry piano: Does anyone else think maybe JB was being a cheap bastard and Erin got pressured into giving the piano music as a gift to the happy couples or at least doing it at a discount and was just kind of legit pissed off about it? I know, total speculation, but it seems like the sort of thing that they might pressure someone to do. Donate your God-given talents for our holy sanctified wedding please, because Jesus and Gothard would want us to have it!

And I totally agree about running down the aisle. It looks stupid.

I love that fact they choose Erin for their wedding! This girl ideally used the situation for revenge for Duggar boys destroyed their wedding car with some trash and fish. She was playing piano with all sweetness available. 

16 minutes ago, Honeysuckle said:

RE: the angry piano: Does anyone else think maybe JB was being a cheap bastard and Erin got pressured into giving the piano music as a gift to the happy couples or at least doing it at a discount and was just kind of legit pissed off about it? I know, total speculation, but it seems like the sort of thing that they might pressure someone to do. Donate your God-given talents for our holy sanctified wedding please, because Jesus and Gothard would want us to have it!

I wouldn't put it past JB that is for sure. 

I hate the running down the aisle. That's normally when the photographer gets really good pictures of the newly married couple. 

20 hours ago, purple_summer said:

I think that was  Pris and Davey.

Oh gosh! I'd almost forgotten Davey!

I just watched the proposal ep. How lame can you get. And is part of the pre-marital cult counseling indoctrination voice lessons? Ga! What happened to Finger's voice??

So this season had a grand total of what, 30? 40 minutes of new film and the rest was replays from last week, last season, last show??

I say a big Moonie Style Group wedding for Jer/Jed on up and be done with it. I vote we let Sarah Maxwell marry John David so she can get out of Maxhell. JB can afford to pay a good bride price--after all, as old as she is, she'd only have maybe 12 or so kids, not so valuable as a Quiver-builder. And I think Jana gets to leave the island--surely there's some Gothardite guy who can nail that 50 page quiz but wants to break free as soon as the "I do's " are done. They could live a normal Conservative Christian life then.

One dream show: Michelle gets a HAIR CUT and burns the green maternity smock. Then she and her cheerleader buddy go off on Harleys to a spa! JB has to stay home and tend his own damned kids. No Joy Anna, No Hannie. Just JB and the lost girls and junior howlers.

6 hours ago, sunshine said:

They are probably going to rush through the process and not give the audience a chance to savor every moment.

Are wedding licenses something the public can see? I should know this, but don't. Is there a legitimate way to have one kept secret? That could answer a lot of questions.

38 minutes ago, titerlitury said:

I love that fact they choose Erin for their wedding! This girl ideally used the situation for revenge for Duggar boys destroyed their wedding car with some trash and fish. She was playing piano with all sweetness available. 

Jill, Jessa, Ben, and Derick had nothing to do with trashing the car. Why would Erin take any anger or frustration out on them?

Its much more likely that she was trying to play loudly enough for people to hear due to the Church size and acoustics. 

But Jessa and Jill, who both claim to be lousy cooks, poked fun @ Erin's culinary skills, or lack there of, when she was getting marries, and further, they, along with their oldest sisters, gave the Paine's a cookbook and gift certificates for restaurants as a wedding gift.

Not that Erin was reacting to that, but just saying...they even told Erin WHY they gave her that gift, which was tacky, IMO. Give the nice basket, smile and keep your thoughts to yourselves, especially when your own skills are really lacking.

I just don't believe Erin could play so bad without purpose. It was really, really bad piano playing. When I saw that wedding for the first time, my very first thought was she did it because of Duggars gone too far on her wedding day. 

18 hours ago, eandre31 said:

Everytime I see a Duggar or any fundie wedding I can't get out of my mind that they have never even kissed or front hug let alone been alone together and they are expected to say "I do" and jump right to baby making.

I can't fathom going from my first kiss to losing my virginity in the same day!

I think I would want to take things step by step even after marriage. I wonder if any of them do. We know Jill didn't, but I do wonder if some of the couples take sexy time slowly after marriage.

18 hours ago, Mela99 said:

I think not. They've been raised to believe they have to submit and be godly wives and respond to their husbands' needs... That and after 18-20 some years of pent of sexual frustration... I would venture to say there's no slow introduction.

4 hours ago, Mela99 said:

Food for thought, but do any of those Christian wedding night books touch on .... moving slowly, I guess? I assume they're all given copies of those books to read and explain things. I really wonder what the odds are any fundie groom would be advised "Take it slow, she might be frightened, it might be painful/uncomfortable for her." 

I also really wonder how much some of the really sheltered fundie women KNOW before they get married... 

Hi, I'll take a stab at these. 

While I'm not married (or engaged) myself I'm kind of the odd one out in my family as most everyone in my family (in my age group-early-mid 20s) is. So I've heard quite a bit from cousins and aunts alike. I don't think that many couples take it slow, not so much because of eagerness (for lack of a better term) but because consummation "has" to happen on the wedding night. I've heard everything from the "blood on the bedsheets displayed the next morning" to it being "cruel" to make the man wait any longer than necessary. In fact, my own mother said that any man who's willing to wait past the wedding night/isn't all but forcing himself onto his new wife the first night isn't a "real man". 

@Mela99 if you poke around on the "marriage bed" forums you will find that most of the advice echoes what I've said above :/ 

7 minutes ago, purple_summer said:

Hi, I'll take a stab at these. 

While I'm not married (or engaged) myself I'm kind of the odd one out in my family as most everyone in my family (in my age group-early-mid 20s) is. So I've heard quite a bit from cousins and aunts alike. I don't think that many couples take it slow, not so much because of eagerness (for lack of a better term) but because consummation "has" to happen on the wedding night. I've heard everything from the "blood on the bedsheets displayed the next morning" to it being "cruel" to make the man wait any longer than necessary. In fact, my own mother said that any man who's willing to wait past the wedding night/isn't all but forcing himself onto his new wife the first night isn't a "real man". 

@Mela99 if you poke around on the "marriage bed" forums you will find that most of the advice echoes what I've said above :/ 

Good freaking lord, that is awful. I mean I know that they must be eager but seriously this has to be a massive shock. Especially for the Duggar brides, they aren't allowed to be alone with their SO until they are married. Yikes. This is batshit crazy. 

28 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Are wedding licenses something the public can see? I should know this, but don't. Is there a legitimate way to have one kept secret? That could answer a lot of questions.

Wedding records are public. Some areas publish them weekly in newspapers and some have websites that are searchable. Our state website only updates marriage/divorces every 6-8 weeks so there is a lag but our local newspaper has our county weddings posted weekly.  I'm sure if it is public, TMZ or In Touch is searching every hour for us.

Didn't we find about  Amy's parents divorce filing because it was in the local AR paper? From my experience papers that print divorces usually print weddings. I have wondered if Jinger will get married in AR or have an AR wedding license because of the covenant marriage laws. Texas doesn't have covenant  marriage?

7 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

@WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?We had our ceremony and reception at the same location. So right after the ceremony we did our photos and our guests went inside for the cocktail hour. Worked out perfectly for us - especially because the staff brought hor d'oeuvres and drinks out for us to enjoy. Pretty sure there are a few shots of me with fried Mac and Cheese bites hidden in my mouth. Clearly, I had my priorities straight. :pb_lol: 

You had fried Mac and Cheese at yor wedding and you didn't invite me??? How DARE you? I'm so hurt and betrayed. And full a burning desire to eat some fried Mac and cheese.

During cocktail hour at my cousin's wedding she had a waiter follow her and her new husband around with a plate of h'odeourves (oh man I accidentally spelled that right on the first try. I just pressed letters that seemed right. I'm so proud of myself right now). Very smart.

5 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Jill just didn't understand what being a holy missionary really meant. She thought it would all feel good because...Jeebus. She didn't factor in her isolation with Derick out of the house or the Scary Shower Rack stuff. She thought it would all have the "glow" of holiness. She grew up, the more recent years, in a huge house and wanted for nothing. Never alone. Now that is all different. Shower Racks are everywhere. 

"Shower Racks Are Everywhere" sounds like a good name for a horror movie about missionary life.

4 hours ago, Mela99 said:

Food for thought, but do any of those Christian wedding night books touch on .... moving slowly, I guess? I assume they're all given copies of those books to read and explain things. I really wonder what the odds are any fundie groom would be advised "Take it slow, she might be frightened, it might be painful/uncomfortable for her." 

I also really wonder how much some of the really sheltered fundie women KNOW before they get married... 

Does anyone else imagine those books to be kind of like IKEA instructions? "Insert part A into slot B." How else would they know what to do if they're sheltered from any sex education and anything to do with sex?

Most of the Duggar girls got to witness one or more of Michelle's births so I think they understand more of the basics than we give them credit for. It is the  information about how to make sex enjoyable for the couple that is something that needs time to learn or work out.

My ex is a doctor and the night before he had to give his first ob exam during his training (he was going into surgery not primary care) , he still didn't have the female anatomy 100% correct and at least half of the guys in his class were in the same boat and most were married. Goes to show years of studying doesn't make men pay attention. Also warning don't ever volunteer for free ob care by medical students! I felt horrible for those women that volunteered.

1 hour ago, Honeysuckle said:

If you watch the episode of BUB where Michael gets married, she requested her wedding music to be the same way Erin played it at the Duggar weddings. Erin was training the girl on the piano on how to do it. So I highly doubt it was aggression: it probably sounded a lot better on Erin's piano at home when she wrote it. 

32 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

You had fried Mac and Cheese at yor wedding and you didn't invite me??? How DARE you? I'm so hurt and betrayed. And full a burning desire to eat some fried Mac and cheese.

During cocktail hour at my cousin's wedding she had a waiter follow her and her new husband around with a plate of h'odeourves (oh man I accidentally spelled that right on the first try. I just pressed letters that seemed right. I'm so proud of myself right now). Very smart.

"Shower Racks Are Everywhere" sounds like a good name for a horror movie about missionary life.

Does anyone else imagine those books to be kind of like IKEA instructions? "Insert part A into slot B." How else would they know what to do if they're sheltered from any sex education and anything to do with sex?

hors d'oeuvre....unless you were just joking.

1 hour ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Oh gosh! I'd almost forgotten Davey!

I just watched the proposal ep. How lame can you get. And is part of the pre-marital cult counseling indoctrination voice lessons? Ga! What happened to Finger's voice??

So this season had a grand total of what, 30? 40 minutes of new film and the rest was replays from last week, last season, last show??

I say a big Moonie Style Group wedding for Jer/Jed on up and be done with it. I vote we let Sarah Maxwell marry John David so she can get out of Maxhell. JB can afford to pay a good bride price--after all, as old as she is, she'd only have maybe 12 or so kids, not so valuable as a Quiver-builder. And I think Jana gets to leave the island--surely there's some Gothardite guy who can nail that 50 page quiz but wants to break free as soon as the "I do's " are done. They could live a normal Conservative Christian life then.

One dream show: Michelle gets a HAIR CUT and burns the green maternity smock. Then she and her cheerleader buddy go off on Harleys to a spa! JB has to stay home and tend his own damned kids. No Joy Anna, No Hannie. Just JB and the lost girls and junior howlers.

I know in California you can get a marriage license kept secret. Its a thing. Other that any person who obtains a marriage license but it is public after being filed. It depends on how that country is setup. You can search online to submit a request.

43 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Please forgive this most egregious transgression!!!!! I would never purposely hurt you my dearest HarryPotterFan!

... also, they tasted delicious... as did my Moscato... just saying... :pb_lol:

At my cousin's wedding in September, his brilliant bride had pizza show up around midnight. We were all in satan's arms dancing and drinking alcohol and you know pizza was the best thing ever. I think I could have proposed to the pizza! I gave away pieces of my heart! 

When my cousin got married in 2002 she was rude to everyone on her side of the family some of who she had not seen in 10 years. The only smart thing she did was put myself, my sister and her other 2 first cousins along with the older ones girlfriend (now wife) at a table by ourselves.   

All I know is that the last hour of my wedding will feature milkshake shots and french fries for dipping. 

This is not negotiable. 

At my wedding almost a month ago, we got pizza delivered to the hotel at the after party. Best. Decision. Ever! We had given up pizza since May 1st , so we were really excited to eat it, and our friends and family were really excited to soak up the alcohol in their heathen tummies :)

2 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

At my wedding almost a month ago, we got pizza delivered to the hotel at the after party. Best. Decision. Ever! We had given up pizza since May 1st , so we were really excited to eat it, and our friends and family were really excited to soak up the alcohol in their heathen tummies :)

It's the best idea ever. It makes everyone that much happier! :D

1 hour ago, silverspoons said:

Also warning don't ever volunteer for free ob care by medical students! I felt horrible for those women that volunteered.

I dunno, might be a good way to meet guys who know their way around a woman.

1 hour ago, karen77 said:

hors d'oeuvre....unless you were just joking.

By spelled correctly I mean my phone didn't indicate I spelled anything wrong. Whoops. :pb_lol:

54 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Please forgive this most egregious transgression!!!!! I would never purposely hurt you my dearest HarryPotterFan!

... also, they tasted delicious... as did my Moscato... just saying... :pb_lol:

I fucking love moscato. It's the only wine I truly enjoy. Oh man now I wish even more that I was there. But I forgive you, my dear scaly one.:tw_heart:

We ate pizza after our wedding too- I don't think we ate at the reception- too busy visiting. We had a sit down meal, and I guess I just didn't eat? IDK, it's was 33 years ago!

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

At my cousin's wedding in September, his brilliant bride had pizza show up around midnight. We were all in satan's arms dancing and drinking alcohol and you know pizza was the best thing ever. I think I could have proposed to the pizza! I gave away pieces of my heart! 

Did this at my wedding as well, well my parents ordered pizza and more booze. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived