IGNORED

Counting On Season Two - Part 6

Coconut Flan

Counting on - OMG couldnt they come up with a SINGLE thing we havent already seen?

They file into the sanctuary.  The littles throw flowers.

Boob lines up with Jessa.... more piano banging but better than at Jill's. They walk in. Bin comes to get Jessa... Boob remembers michelle when saying "her mother and I" give jessa away.  Bin walks her up ont he stage.

BENJERMIN... ah, I had forgotten that... 

Jessa - it was really sweet how we were holding hands and staring at eachother.

Bin reads his vows.  He couldnt memorize that shit? 

Boob cries.  Michelle smiles through gritted teeth.

I never realized how bad her skin was... Maybe its my new TV... but wow, she needed better makeup!

Jessa recites her vows. I like how she included the part about when she's disappointed in him...

Jessa TH - we didnt want to use traditional vows. We wanted something unique and special.

They leave and bin salutes.  they all run.  Derick dip kisses Jill... so not necessary.

Jessa and bin TH - they talk about their first kiss and how it was better to have it alone.

They sign the marriage license.  

Michelle - every time I witness a wedding I go back to when Boob and I stood at the alter and said I do.

Jessa recreates a pic Michelle had when they got married.

They drive away... 

THE END

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are they showing this? We've seen all of this before. Snooze. Anywho, my thoughts:

It's odd how much younger they look, even though very little time has actually passed. Jill really looks older and more jaded, tired. Jessa looks even smugger and with more fake tan. now that she's married. Obviously both have gained weight since having kids, but that's not something to snark on, it's just how bodies work. But it does make them look even younger in the flashback.

Who was beating the shit out of the piano? It sounds like they were playing with sledgehammers.

I love disinterested kids at a wedding. Who was the one pestering Derick before the wedding?

HAHAHAHA I forgot he missed Jill's mouth. This is why you practice, guys.

I just realized, Ben was always this inarticulate. This is speculation, I guess, but Jessa never seemed super into him. "No doubts in our mind." There are doubts in mine about that very statement.

Poor Jinge. She's nothing without her leader. Well, now she has a man to give her life meaning (:pb_rollseyes:), but that unworthy line just gets me every time. It reminds me of another teenage girl who thought she was unworthy of love, once, not to over-share or anything. It just makes me sad to think anyone thinks they don't deserve love and affection.

Jessa's dress is super pretty and I would wear it in a heartbeat. I wish she had an updo, though. When the Duggar girls have their perfectly styled hair in waves every day, then it's not special.

THAT PIANO. What did it do to deserve that beating?

The vows are really quite sweet. Though the way the pastor pronounces Ben-jer-min makes me laugh. Honestly, the private kissing thing makes sense, especially considering Derick aiming for Jill's nose instead of her mouth... less embarrassment that way.

Well. That was literally the most boring episode I've ever seen. I'd like to thank gin, and her dear friend tonic, for helping me through this.

40 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I don't understand the first look thing. We don't really do that here. The groom sees the bride at the alter and it's usually priceless most of them get a little teary. 

Drop the drama about Ms. Cathy. Come on guys. 

And as for the not kissing someone, can you imagine? You can date the hottest guy in the world but if he's a bad kisser...:dislike:

I never heard of this first look thing except on this show. The only tradition I've known was the "not seeing the bride before the wedding," not "seeing her in a hall shortly after she puts the dress on, for some reason."

Not to be really women are property about it, but it strikes me like waiting for weeks for Christmas and then opening the gifts on Christmas Eve. Except not the big one...

Oh, ugh, I'd forgotten JB stands there telling them they can kiss (even though I just read the posts here mentioning it,) and he never stops creeping me out.

1 minute ago, MargaretElliott said:

Who was beating the shit out of the piano? It sounds like they were playing with sledgehammers.

Erin Bates. To be fair, she was compensating for the size of the venues. She's actually a very talented pianist.

4 minutes ago, MargaretElliott said:

Why are they showing this? We've seen all of this before. Snooze. Anywho, my thoughts:

It's odd how much younger they look, even though very little time has actually passed. Jill really looks older and more jaded, tired. Jessa looks even smugger and with more fake tan. now that she's married. Obviously both have gained weight since having kids, but that's not something to snark on, it's just how bodies work. But it does make them look even younger in the

Poor Jinge. She's nothing without her leader. Well, now she has a man to give her life meaning (:pb_rollseyes:), but that unworthy line just gets me every time. It reminds me of another teenage girl who thought she was unworthy of love, once, not to over-share or anything. It just makes me sad to think anyone thinks they don't deserve love and affection.

THAT PIANO. What did it do to deserve that beating?

They are  trying to stretch out the boring season. 

Jill is actually the one who looks older imo -with what she gone through...

Plus their innocence is gone in their eyes

Jinge I have no words - she is making a horrible mistake marrying that man imo  - No woman needs to be told all the things he thinks she is....

The most interesting thing I saw was the very first ad for the movie Bad Moms. One of the lines in the movie trailer was "I wanna get laid". Imagine the horror in the Duggar household if they know that a line like that is advertising on a show about how "pure" their daughters stayed until marriage. JB's head might have exploded. I would pay to see that!

I don't see the point in that. Was it supposed to make us miss Duggar weddings? Because it didn't! It really didn't. Why didn't they show Josh and Anna's? :devilish:

31 minutes ago, purple_summer said:

I hope these poor editors get paid overtime for having to slog through this footage 900 times.

Do they have like a new editor for 'counting on' or something? Someone who literally never watched 19KAC and doesn't realize we've literally seen all of this like 5 times already now? It's honestly legitimately confounding to me how they can recap the weddings AGAIN?

32 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

she included the part about when she's disappointed in him...

She must be reminded of this vow a hell of a lot. :pb_confused:

Jill probably looks older since she's been out in CA sun without sun block. The sun is aging and will give you wrinkles which is why we are supposed to wear sunblock everyday rain or shine. She also has dressed more laid back since marrying Derrick and doesn't really do her hair, wear makeup, or fashionable clothing anymore. 

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

FFS- I forgot it's repeat Tuesday.

Do they really get paid for this shit?

If it is in their contract. The repeats were from 19 kids not Counting On. So, unless someone paid for a good attorney to read the contract(s)...

19 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Jill probably looks older since she's been out in CA sun without sun block. The sun is aging and will give you wrinkles which is why we are supposed to wear sunblock everyday rain or shine. She also has dressed more laid back since marrying Derrick and doesn't really do her hair, wear makeup, or fashionable clothing anymore. 

Does the sun shine when one is in the house, behind locked doors, 24/7 ?

I'm thinking she's not out in the full sun that much.

3 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Does the sun shine when one is in the house, behind locked doors, 24/7 ?

I'm thinking she's not out in the full sun that much.

Someone said in the Sierra thread that she uses makeup that sinks into her wrinkles, it could be that. 

Alright. So sounds like I don't need to watch that episode. Lame. I wanna see dress shopping and more Jana and JD (the only ones I can stomach.) 

It is funny how much Jill has changed since her wedding. I used to be very annoyed by her, but now I think I see her more clearly. She's young, very sheltered, and very scared. I think CA has been quite the culture shock for her, but in the end I think it will be good for her. Her and Derrick seem very in love and relaxed with each other. I liked seeing her with her hand on his thigh and his arm around her last week. It looked like natural chemistry, rather than the forced hand holding all the time. I hope that is what develops with Jeremy and Jinge. I think having one partner actually having experienced relationships (probably sex - Oh my!) is helpful for the girls understanding what an adult relationship looks like. With Bin being just as sheltered, he and Jessa will probably always seem unnatural. 

Everytime I see a Duggar or any fundie wedding I can't get out of my mind that they have never even kissed or front hug let alone been alone together and they are expected to say "I do" and jump right to baby making.

I can't fathom going from my first kiss to losing my virginity in the same day!

I think I would want to take things step by step even after marriage. I wonder if any of them do. We know Jill didn't, but I do wonder if some of the couples take sexy time slowly after marriage.

14 minutes ago, eandre31 said:

Everytime I see a Duggar or any fundie wedding I can't get out of my mind that they have never even kissed or front hug let alone been alone together and they are expected to say "I do" and jump right to baby making.

I can't fathom going from my first kiss to losing my virginity in the same day!

I think I would want to take things step by step even after marriage. I wonder if any of them do. We know Jill didn't, but I do wonder if some of the couples take sexy time slowly after marriage.

I think not. They've been raised to believe they have to submit and be godly wives and respond to their husbands' needs... That and after 18-20 some years of pent of sexual frustration... I would venture to say there's no slow introduction.

This was to the Josh question about him grabbing Anna from a groomsmen to dip and kiss her. That was at Jill's wedding. I remember Ben saying even though Jessa walked in with another guy, she was going to walk out with him. Of course, Joshley had to be in on the action, too. He grabbed Anna and he dipped and kissed her, just like Derick did with Jill for their first kiss. All I'm seeing in my mind is that ugly combination of grey and mint green and his fat, sweaty face.

38 minutes ago, buggers said:

Alright. So sounds like I don't need to watch that episode. Lame. I wanna see dress shopping and more Jana and JD (the only ones I can stomach.) 

It is funny how much Jill has changed since her wedding. I used to be very annoyed by her, but now I think I see her more clearly. She's young, very sheltered, and very scared. I think CA has been quite the culture shock for her, but in the end I think it will be good for her. Her and Derrick seem very in love and relaxed with each other. I liked seeing her with her hand on his thigh and his arm around her last week. It looked like natural chemistry, rather than the forced hand holding all the time. I hope that is what develops with Jeremy and Jinge. I think having one partner actually having experienced relationships (probably sex - Oh my!) is helpful for the girls understanding what an adult relationship looks like. With Bin being just as sheltered, he and Jessa will probably always seem unnatural. 

that's it to a tee - she is scared to a tee - she was in the real pretend world where as Jessa stays in the TTH day after day and you can see the difference. 

2 hours ago, backyard sylph said:

I never heard of this first look thing except on this show.

This was a huge deal at the fundy wedding I attended in Alaska this summer.  The couple did their First Look in private, with just the photgrapher.  The rest of us were shooed out of the house while it happened.

Mr. Wolf and I didn't see each other the day of the wedding until I walked down the aisle (actually his parents' back yard). He hadn't seen the dress before, either. We had been living together before getting married, but we kept that little bit of tradition. It worked. 41 years now.

I did a first look at my wedding. We closed the doors to the sanctuary at my church and the photographer and videographer captured the moment I walked down the aisle to my husband and tapped him on the shoulder to turn around. I liked it. It was just about the two of us. No one else. Plus, we needed to take a few portrait photos together before the wedding, and that's just how things worked out.

@CreationMuseumSeasonPass--My husband and I did a similar thing before our wedding. I really didn't want to make our guests wait around while we took photos after the ceremony, so we did all of our posed pictures before it.

The photographer had my husband stand in the church sanctuary with his eyes closed. Then I stopped in front of my groom. The photographer took a picture (over my shoulder) of his face as he saw me for the first time all decked out in my dress. It worked for us. :)

Yes, I am still slogging (is that the right word?) through older episodes. Finished the weird one that was like a personal ad for each of the Duggar boys. Did I hear right.....when Jana was talking about John David eventually finding a mate....she wants to be involved and hopefully it's someone that will be her best friend? I was only half paying attention and then I deleted it and now I can't recall. I just remember thinking it sounded....strange.

Oh....and I see tonight's was just wedding recap. So freaking stupid.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived