IGNORED

Counting On Season Two - Part 6

Coconut Flan

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can Jinger read? I don't understand why she didn't read that card.

Maybe she wanted to read it in private... away from prying eyes.

I accidentally sat on my remote and it flipped to TLC (I was watching Say Yes to the Dress earlier) and whoa, flowered headband. I'm done now. I mean Jinger wearing a flowered headband and she wasn't really orange. 

this is not really about jinge.  these are just flashbacks to episodes she was in. 

nothing of significance or even remotely about her except the coffee and picture taking prostitution - and that has been said to death a million times

Counting on - Just killing time until next week's wedding special - part 3

Flashback 

Jinger and Jessa want to "volunteer" at mama carmen's coffee shop.

Michelle plugs the shop.  Jessa explains they need to raise money for uniforms.

Now Jessa and Jinger make calls asking people to come out "tomorrow" for the fundraiser.  Jessa does most of the talking. 

Michelle TH - Jinger likes coffee.

Shots of JInger drinking coffee

Boob - she may have had other motives beside the orphanage.

The next day they were supposed to be there at 5:30.

Jessa - If god wanted us to see the sunrise he would have scheduled it later in the day.

They arrive and go in the back door.  They're told about what the drinks are and taught how to make espresso and smoothies.

Jessa is overwhelmed at all the different types of coffee.

JInger still lacks her signature fake tan and eyeliner.  She looks much better

The owner says they would be a good fit working there because they smile.

Jinger is wearing a star of david... So this would be 5 years ago? Right?

Amy - they're helping orphans

Michelle - The girls are working hard and are busy and they're probably tired.

JInger drinks the coffee.  "Without coffee I wouldnt have a personality."  She looks pretty wired. She says she could hold her hand out and only cut off when it started shaking.

Jessa - you're not born loving the bitter flavor of coffee.

NEXT FLASHBACK

Jinger explains she's a chaperone with Jessa at Bin's house.

Jessa is learning how to cook for Bin. 

Jessa makes an apple pie.  They make chicken and pasta.  The girls talk about Bin.

Bin arrives with flowers.  He talks to jessa while the sisters finish the meal.

JInger - I get embarrased being around them sometimes, all the awkwardness.

Next flashback

Jinger and Jessa make dinner for "dinner theatre."   They fuck up the apple pie crust. They have to finish all the food in an hour (yet again the duggars cant plan for shit - ah, fake drama... the good ol days...)

The steak is a hockey puck.

They serve boob and michelle.  Boob likes the steak sauce.  They need different knives... it wont cut.

Next flashback

Jinger teaches joy to make bread.

JInger TH - over the years the jobs have changed - jill and jessa are preoccupied.

They dump ingredients in. She cant remember who taught her how to make bread, but she changed the recipe.  The machine mixes the dough.

She makes 6 loaves.

PRESENT

Jinger goes to NJ to meet grandma.

OMG we saw this less than a month ago.  SO BORING

They look at pictures of jeremy.  JInger and grandma talk about how comfortable they are.

They go into the kitchen to make meatballs.

Jinger - my cooking skills arent so amazing, especially in italian food.

grandma - this is simple. 

The labels on the cans are blurred out.  JInger dumps shit in the bowl of meat. Grandma adds milk. JInger has to mix the meat with her hands.  I'm sure she was stressed about her nails.

Jeremy - both my mother and my grandma are very godly women.

Jinger - we were talking about jeremu's cooking skills - she shows grandma pics on her phone.

Jeremy eats the sauce and says its good.

(WHEN HAS JINGER COOKED FOR JEREMY? SHE SAYS SHE BURNED FOOD AND GAVE HIM A STALE SANDWICH)

Counting on - OMG is it 9:00 yet? I saw this shit once and it was bad enough! Part 4

Present

They're replaying the engagement episode, pretty much

Spurge stays at the house

Jeremy explains he will propose on monday. She loves NYC and its the perfect place.  Jessa knows about it but Jinger doesnt.

Jeremy teaches Jinger how to pour milk into coffee.

Shots of their "relationship."

Jessa - Jinger is always happy but she's head over heels in love since she met him

Jeremy explains his soccer history.  They go to Luis' house for a BBQ

Jeremy tells us again that he's carrying a ring, sneaking it around. Its nerve wracking but she's clueless.

He shows the ring to his friend. 

Bin is wearing his stupid fucking hat inside (as usual)

Jeremy says that he and jinger have been "open and honest" and its awkward not saying anything.  Jeremy stresses that the little boy may say something.

They head into manhattan to "experience jeremy's favorite places."  They walk around.  Jinger loves the "diversity."

Jeremy - I spoke to my friends and we decided a rooftop at sunset.  

James and Jeremy coordinated the whole thing.  She thinks they're going to a photoshoot. JInger is confused but agrees. She thinks that she was supposed to take them but he clarifies.

Jeremy TH - for 10 days I was checking the weather and today it rains.  We get to the lobby and its still raining. I pray for respite of the rain, you wouldnt believe it, the rain stops and as we are walking up the stairs my heart started beating faster and faster.

Shot of rainbow.

Jeremy - I didnt know what i was going to say.  

They walk out onto the roof.

Jinger -  I heard some music from the other side of the building. I realized it was a super special song. I was looking at the sunset and i knew they'd take pictures. 

Jeremy  - it hit her when I got on one knee (EXACTLY ON THE SPOT MARKED FOR HIM... YEAH.... LIES MAKE BABY JESUS CRY)

COULDNT THEY HAVE EDITED OUT THE MARKINGS? IT EVEN HAS THEIR FUCKING INITIAL

She agrees to marry him.  They kinda front hug.

Jinger  - I was in shock. I had no idea that was coming. There was a beautiful rainbow and sunset.

Michelle comes and hugs her. Jessa hugs her holding spurge.

Michelle talks about the rainbow.

Jessa says that jinger wanted a "simple" ring.

YAWN

How can they get away with an entire episode of recaps? Recaps from 19KAC, recaps from Counting On. Was there no new material at all? :dontgetit:

@Buzzard, I raise my glass to you. You got one less person tuning into this train wreck, and it sounds like I didn't miss anything anyway.

6 minutes ago, MargaretElliott said:

How can they get away with an entire episode of recaps? Recaps from 19KAC, recaps from Counting On. Was there no new material at all? :dontgetit:

@Buzzard, I raise my glass to you. You got one less person tuning into this train wreck, and it sounds like I didn't miss anything anyway.

Not to mention, it was heavy on the boob/michelle, something the viewers were VERY CLEAR they didnt want to see.

13 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

Why couldn't they have had the wedding episode tonight!!  

Because thats their ratings cash cow and no one would dare run against the election results

Not to mention a one day turnaround is simply not possible.

Just now, Coconut Flan said:

Not to mention a one day turnaround is simply not possible.

Now now, if TLC told boob that it HAD to be tonight they would have moved the wedding to a day that fit the production schedule... 

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

Now now, if TLC told boob that it HAD to be tonight they would have moved the wedding to a day that fit the production schedule... 

No doubt he would have.

4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Though there's no way in heck even TLC is stupid enough to air anything they want viewers on during Election Day...

It's why they can get away w/ a clip show tonight without any fuss.

That's "newer" than what's airing on almost every network that's not showing election results (which are few and far between as it is).

So it's a moot point, IMO, about this week specifically, but yes, true for most other weeks when TLC could have had more pull over dates, etc.  (Just like how many other networks went 'lazy' last Wed w/ some of their shows b/c they didn't want to run opposite the CMA 50th Anniversary Award Episode, though even that's small potatoes compared to something like Election Night which dominates everything.

Honestly, I'm shocked they didn't just do a straight rerun instead of grinding up old episodes to make something newish. This is not a popular TV night outside of election coverage.

Poor Jinger - her whole life is on camera, and they still don't have enough footage to make one episode that is actually about her. Plus, her parents may or may not be able to pick her out of a line up. Being a middle child in such a large group is a raw deal, especially if your name is Duggar.

Please don't send me to the closet but I actually thought Jinger's reaction was a normal girly reaction. Especially when she said 'yes' and then 'are you serious? '. That was my reaction when my husband proposed too.

I caught the proposal while waiting the last few minutes before Outdaughtered. 

1 hour ago, BackseatMom said:

Honestly, I'm shocked they didn't just do a straight rerun instead of grinding up old episodes to make something newish. This is not a popular TV night outside of election coverage.

Poor Jinger - her whole life is on camera, and they still don't have enough footage to make one episode that is actually about her. Plus, her parents may or may not be able to pick her out of a line up. Being a middle child in such a large group is a raw deal, especially if your name is Duggar.

Your  last paragraph is sad.  One of the things that has always struck me about these kids, is that they never really seem all that close with one another, except for little Jackson and Hannie back in the day.    Even though Jessa and Jinger are purported to be besties,  I don't ever really see much warmth or connection there.  I am hoping that is due to bad editing, or just awkwardness on camera. 

I don't understand why they choose boring things to recap.  Why not show new things? They can't possibly think we believe that Jinger does nothing with her time.  

If the duggars have to be on TV, can they at least show interesting things? I'd like to see what Jana does in a day.  Does she get up and  make breakfast? Tend her garden? Watch a secret tv? Life isn't just courting and babies. 

Thanks for the recap @buzzard.  I thought though for a minute though that I had clicked on last week's thread...but it's just more rehashing of old stuff.

I completely forgot about this show airing tonight (to be fair I forgot about the entire season...)

8 hours ago, BackseatMom said:

As long as you do your best, your baby will be fine. Hell, all of j'chelle's kids are still alive. How hard can it be? 

And the kids were raised by kids. If a 8 year old can parent a child, it can't be too hard! You know, if you don't care too much about that whole nurturing thing...

6 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I just laughed so fucking hard at this. I need to have this stitched on a pillow or something. New life motto!!! :pb_lol:

I would totally stitch that into a pillow for you, I've gotten into cross stitch. Well, at least cross stitch it onto a piece of embroidery fabric and get someone who can sew to turn it into a pillow...

8 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I would totally stitch that into a pillow for you, I've gotten into cross stitch. Well, at least cross stitch it onto a piece of embroidery fabric and get someone who can sew to turn it into a pillow...

I can sew. Made lots of pillows. Let's git 'er done!

Thank you Buzzard for your recaps! Always funnier than episode.

After reading what they put on "All about Jinger" episode, I wonder what would they choose for Jana someday. 

Part One: Family members about Jana

Joy: She is a role model for all of us.

Jed and Jer: She is well organized. Always makes her to do lists.

Jill: My best friend, she'll be wonderful mama

Derick: Focused on god, good decorator

Michelle: She is my first daughter (and that's why I recognise her from 18 other kids!) and my right hand

Anna: Joyful, intelligent, her arm to cry

Part Two: Jana in her natural habitat

Scene one: Jana the worker. She is sewing bridesmaids dresses for Jill's wedding. While everybody's drinking tea, Jana is working hard. Jill mention her wonderful wedding, while audition see well-known scenes.

Scene two: Jana on duty. While Jim Boob and MeChelle are traveling, Jana must face with Josie's seizure. Michelle talks again how Josie is doing great.

Scene three: Jana on the road. Unmarried woman can't travel alone, so when Jana wants to go to a mission trip, she needs one of her brothers go with her. Jill mention how unsafe CA is.

Scene four: Jana's perfect decorator skills. Again we see Jana redecorating Jill's mansion, girls room, guest house. Jessa talks about how she enjoy her small house.

Scene five: Jill and Jana try to make dinner before Derick go back home. They have problems with conversion of units. Jinger says her begginings with italian cuisine were hard.

Part Three: Courting Jana!

Reruns of proposals and weddings of all Duggar daughters. End of episode.

With my poor english? Definitely not, unfortunately. But you do not have to be a fortune-teller to know how TLC will make another courtship episodes. Ctrl + c, ctrl + v, draw some random footage.

When they get to Hanny, there will be lots of footage from the THs with Jackson.

Please FSM make the Duggars go away before that.:pray:

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived