IGNORED

Counting On Season Two - Part 6

Coconut Flan

7 hours ago, nst said:

shower racks are everywhere - This has to be the next post title :D

Shower racks sounds like that villian from Freakazoid Candlejack.

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've last track of who posted it a few pages ago, but I do agree that while Jill has changed the most since her wedding, it isn't necessarily a bad thing.

While in CA, she's gone appropriately more natural with her hair pulled back--easier to care for (although, cutting it would make even more sense) in the same way that Derrick did.  I give her credit for not going full out countenance make up while there.  They had a great set up there, but they didn't always have water, or electricity, so she had to cope.  I think it was a lot harder than she thought and I think she really was lonely for her family.  Even if they weren't full-blown crazy fundy, she would have likely a sibling or two.  I think she really missed Joy.   She also went off to CA in the middle of all the shit hitting the fan back home.   Despite the "Counseling" that she was said to have received as a victim, she could really have experienced some serious PTSD.   BUT, that being said, I think Derrick really does love her and I think they have an honest relationship.  Yea, she's changed, but I tend to think it's a good thing and I'd still lay odds that she and Derrick could survive outside the compound.

On the other hand, Jessa and Bin are still swimming in the kool-aid.  They are still playing the same roles they were two years ago and don't have the intelligence and haven't had the opportunity to know anything different.  Going to St Louis for a weekend with Flame isn't a real world experience.

Jinge and Jer could go either way.  She's certainly going to get out of the compound.  It's still unknown  whether the kool-aid flows all the way to TX and what flavor it will be.  If Jing grows up, is her relationship with Jer real?  Guess we'll have to wait for the People cover.

Pizza after a wedding sounds amazing. The last wedding I went to was the same day as Jessa's wedding, no pizza but we did have a little after party with the left over booze at this little game room at the venue. Was fun to sit and relax awhile, then went out for an after after party at a gay bar. The bride later told me she was jealous she couldn't go to that and was stuck having to consummate her marriage lol. She's now pregnant with their first child, due a week before Jessa.

Not married and never really been into wedding stuff...I could care less about table decorations and all that, I just need good food and good music. Making a mental note to add post reception pizza to my list. Fried mac and cheese balls for the cocktail hour sounds amazing. I used to get them at Lucky Strike a lot, I suck at bowling but it was worth going there for the food.

1 hour ago, montyollie said:

<-- moscato afficianado here too!  It's the only wine I like, or maybe a sweet reisling, but I buy it by the box.  LOL

I really wish the liquor store was open so I could buy some moscato right now. Last wedding I went to (so, this past weekend lol) I was telling someone the only wine I like is moscato, and she said she likes it too but it can give you a headache.

In my experience it only gives you a headache if you drink like a third of a bottle in one sitting :kitty-shifty: I only did that once. 

5 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I really wish the liquor store was open so I could buy some moscato right now. Last wedding I went to (so, this past weekend lol) I was telling someone the only wine I like is moscato, and she said she likes it too but it can give you a headache.

In my experience it only gives you a headache if you drink like a third of a bottle in one sitting :kitty-shifty: I only did that once. 

I haven't had any since January because pregnant. :pb_lol:

After baby girl is born, I intend to buy a four pack of the little bottles of Moscato from the packie. That way I can have a tiny bit - like a glass - once in a while and not have to worry about an entire bottle sitting in the fridge.

(And, you know, only doing that if I have a breast pump so I can pump and dump as needed. If not, I'll just wait until she's weaned.)

18 hours ago, sunshine said:

I know in California you can get a marriage license kept secret. Its a thing. Other that any person who obtains a marriage license but it is public after being filed. It depends on how that country is setup. You can search online to submit a request.

I have to remind people, what you want to see is the marriage certificate.  The license may or may not be meaningless.  You can take out a license and never use it to get married.  You can even take out a license, get married, and never file the paperwork properly and not be legally married depending on state law.  In Cali you are supposed to be cohabiting to get the private license and certificate.  /end educational portion of the program

4 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

(And, you know, only doing that if I have a breast pump so I can pump and dump as needed. If not, I'll just wait until she's weaned.)

Ask your pediatrician, but daughter was told she could have a glass of wine or beer as she was finishing a feeding or just after a feeding and the alcohol would be gone out of her system by the next feeding.  I don't remember her doing that before about six weeks though.  It may depend on how long baby goes between feedings or each pediatric opinion.

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

I have to remind people, what you want to see is the marriage certificate.  The license may or may not be meaningless.  You can take out a license and never use it to get married.  You can even take out a license, get married, and never file the paperwork properly and not be legally married depending on state law.  In Cali you are supposed to be cohabiting to get the private license and certificate.  /end educational portion of the program

Ask your pediatrician, but daughter was told she could have a glass of wine or beer as she was finishing a feeding or just after a feeding and the alcohol would be gone out of her system by the next feeding.  I don't remember her doing that before about six weeks though.  It may depend on how long baby goes between feedings or each pediatric opinion.

Thanks! I'll be sure to ask. I'll probably ask my sister too - she had her son eight months ago, so she would have good advice on a ton of stuff too.

22 hours ago, purple_summer said:

Hi, I'll take a stab at these. 

While I'm not married (or engaged) myself I'm kind of the odd one out in my family as most everyone in my family (in my age group-early-mid 20s) is. So I've heard quite a bit from cousins and aunts alike. I don't think that many couples take it slow, not so much because of eagerness (for lack of a better term) but because consummation "has" to happen on the wedding night. I've heard everything from the "blood on the bedsheets displayed the next morning" to it being "cruel" to make the man wait any longer than necessary. In fact, my own mother said that any man who's willing to wait past the wedding night/isn't all but forcing himself onto his new wife the first night isn't a "real man". 

@Mela99 if you poke around on the "marriage bed" forums you will find that most of the advice echoes what I've said above :/ 

Well, that is completely disgusting. So glad my family isn't like this. I would be so disappointed in them.

49 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

Well, that is completely disgusting. So glad my family isn't like this. I would be so disappointed in them.

I'm surprised the bloodied bedsheets hasn't been framed and put next to Bin and Jessa's wedding pics. Or it could just be cut out like a hankie from the hanky panky. :pb_lol:

So I am watching the episode where Jill and Derick come back and they get the big house where the midwife used to live.

I had assumed Josh and Anna were living there. So...where are they then??

9 minutes ago, PartriarchydefyinValkarie said:

I'm surprised the bloodied bedsheets hasn't been framed and put next to Bin and Jessa's wedding pics. Or it could just be cut out like a hankie from the hanky panky. :pb_lol:

I know this is awful and completely off topic but all I can think is "Kiss me here, touch me there hanky panky!" Followed by "Come on barbie let's go party. Ah ah ah yeah." 

9 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I haven't had any since January because pregnant. :pb_lol:

After baby girl is born, I intend to buy a four pack of the little bottles of Moscato from the packie. That way I can have a tiny bit - like a glass - once in a while and not have to worry about an entire bottle sitting in the fridge.

I want to buy one of those little four packs to get me through the JRod threads. :pb_lol:

Do we have a ferret drinking wine emoji? :whitewine::ferret:

53 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I know this is awful and completely off topic but all I can think is "Kiss me here, touch me there hanky panky!" Followed by "Come on barbie let's go party. Ah ah ah yeah." 

:laughing-rollingyellow: Combining this song with he Duggars, oh man. Poor kids never even got to own Barbies, right? Too defrauding! And their career line might teach girls that they can be things like president or doctors!

3 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

I want to buy one of those little four packs to get me through the JRod threads. :pb_lol:

Do we have a ferret drinking wine emoji? :whitewine::ferret:

:laughing-rollingyellow: Combining this song with he Duggars, oh man. Poor kids never even got to own Barbies, right? Too defrauding! And their career line might teach girls that they can be things like president or doctors!

I don't know "You can touch, you can play if you say I'm always yours..." But yeah Barbie Girl is farrrr too worldly for the Duggars. Such an earworm though I doubt I will be rid of it anytime soon. And yeah Barbie would give the Duggars the wrong idea, Barbie can do just about anything! I doubt they own barbies wouldn't barbie be defrauding? 

2 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

Thankfully it's mostly my parent's generation that thinks like this. I have a few cousins who are still fairly fundie but the majority of us have distanced ourselves (religiously) and are determined to raise our kids differently. We are quickly outbreeding the duggars lol. 

47 minutes ago, purple_summer said:

Thankfully it's mostly my parent's generation that thinks like this. I have a few cousins who are still fairly fundie but the majority of us have distanced ourselves (religiously) and are determined to raise our kids differently. We are quickly outbreeding the duggars lol. 

Oh I have so many cousins it's not even funny! We outbred the Duggars long ago. There may not be 19 children but psh. Catholic families are just as crazy! ;) 

On 11/2/2016 at 4:34 PM, silverspoons said:

Wedding records are public. Some areas publish them weekly in newspapers and some have websites that are searchable. Our state website only updates marriage/divorces every 6-8 weeks so there is a lag but our local newspaper has our county weddings posted weekly.  I'm sure if it is public, TMZ or In Touch is searching every hour for us.

Didn't we find about  Amy's parents divorce filing because it was in the local AR paper? From my experience papers that print divorces usually print weddings. I have wondered if Jinger will get married in AR or have an AR wedding license because of the covenant marriage laws. Texas doesn't have covenant  marriage?

Beleive me, they're public. My younger sister secretly got married a few years ago and I was supposed to be the only one who knew. Well, we didn't quite know that those records were public and you can bet people weren't happy when they read the newspapers the next morning. 

On 11/2/2016 at 3:12 PM, silverspoons said:

Most of the Duggar girls got to witness one or more of Michelle's births so I think they understand more of the basics than we give them credit for. It is the  information about how to make sex enjoyable for the couple that is something that needs time to learn or work out.

Agree, I have never felt like the Duggars kids were innocent. In a big family, you learn a thing or two.  I always thought the younger kids knew exactly why they were chaperoning. Inexperienced is different from ignorant. Also Jinger definitely wants Jeremy, he's cute and he's crazy about her, let's not all feel sorry for her. If she can't handle it she can send him over to my house. 

On 11/2/2016 at 2:16 PM, titerlitury said:

I just don't believe Erin could play so bad without purpose. It was really, really bad piano playing. When I saw that wedding for the first time, my very first thought was she did it because of Duggars gone too far on her wedding day. 

No, I think Erin is just a terrible piano player. She has a very untutored, playing by ear sort of sound. Apparently she teaches.  Go figure. She is pretty at least!

16 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

not have to worry about an entire bottle sitting in the fridge.

What is this lonely bottle in the fridge of which you speak?

10 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:

What day do the People magazine previews come out? When do new issues hit the stands?

New issues of weekly magazines, including People, technically are supposed to hit the stands on Monday but newstands, and a few grocery stores, have them the Thursday before. So we wouldn't see a Jinger issue until next week. They are usually printed the Tuesday before. Sadly, I used to spend crazy amounts of money on magazines every Thursday and know why too much about them. People, US Magazine and the tabloids used to be my obsession for years. 

8 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

So I am watching the episode where Jill and Derick come back and they get the big house where the midwife used to live.

I had assumed Josh and Anna were living there. So...where are they then??

Nobody really knows for sure but the Duggars own a bunch of rental properties (both residential and commercial). They could be staying at the TTH, in the Guest House (the one where Ben stayed) or in one of the rental houses. They could even be sharing with Jill and Derick but I don't think that's likely.

Nobody really knows for sure but the Duggars own a bunch of rental properties (both residential and commercial). They could be staying at the TTH, in the Guest House (the one where Ben stayed) or in one of the rental houses. They could even be sharing with Jill and Derick but I don't think that's likely.

IIRC the "guest house" where Bin stayed was a room above a shed. You couldn't fit family of 6 in there.

13 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

And yeah Barbie would give the Duggars the wrong idea, Barbie can do just about anything! I doubt they own barbies wouldn't barbie be defrauding? 

I'm sure the only dolls the Duggars ever had were baby dolls! 

7 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

What is this lonely bottle in the fridge of which you speak?

I admit it. I'm a total lightweight. I rarely ever have more than one drink of anything at a time. :pb_lol:

Only exception was our Honeymoon because it was all-inclusive, my husband has a higher tolerance than me (so I had someone to watch me if needed - it wasn't), the drinks were phenomenal, and I knew I was giving up booze the last day of the trip so we could start trying for a baby. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived