IGNORED

Counting On Season Two - Part 6

Coconut Flan

So it seems like November 15th is the finale and likely Jinger's wedding ("Courting Jinger" sounds a lot like the "All About Jill/Jessa" episodes that preceded each one's respective wedding). Very interesting. No season full of wedding planning and no two hour special? 

Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 12.18.34 AM.png

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, eveandadam said:

what happened to the stoney brooke house where jill first lived?

The Stoneybrook house sold September 21, 2015 to Renfroe Properties, LLC.

7 hours ago, Exjw2015deed said:

I can't imagine a more perfect example. I literally howled laughing.

I really hope Jeremy isn't a Prince Hans.. -.-

11 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Mr. Wolf and I didn't see each other the day of the wedding until I walked down the aisle (actually his parents' back yard). He hadn't seen the dress before, either. We had been living together before getting married, but we kept that little bit of tradition. It worked. 41 years now.

Same with us. We lived together for two years before getting married -  I kept my dress in the closet for over a year (he refused to peek) and we even spent the night before the wedding at home together. We had bagels and coffee together that morning for breakfast in our kitchen. He and my brother also brought us lunch at the salon while we were getting ready (they rock!) He saw me right up until I left for the venue to change. Once there though, we didn't see each other until my dad and I started down the aisle. 

I'm not too big on most wedding traditions, but that was a moment my husband really looked forward to, so I agreed to it. He wanted to experience that moment of seeing me in my dress for the first time with my dad. The picture we have of him seeing me is one of my favorites - he has the biggest and most excited smile.

I also see why some couples opt for a first look though. It can lead to some really beautiful photos and can create a nice memory for the couple to share later on. I thought the first look photos for Jill and Derick were kind of sweet in some ways because they did look genuinely excited and happy.

@WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?We had our ceremony and reception at the same location. So right after the ceremony we did our photos and our guests went inside for the cocktail hour. Worked out perfectly for us - especially because the staff brought hor d'oeuvres and drinks out for us to enjoy. Pretty sure there are a few shots of me with fried Mac and Cheese bites hidden in my mouth. Clearly, I had my priorities straight. :pb_lol: 

10 hours ago, eleanora3 said:

So it seems like November 15th is the finale and likely Jinger's wedding ("Courting Jinger" sounds a lot like the "All About Jill/Jessa" episodes that preceded each one's respective wedding). Very interesting. No season full of wedding planning and no two hour special? 

Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 12.18.34 AM.png

They are probably going to rush through the process and not give the audience a chance to savor every moment.

1 minute ago, VelociRapture said:

I'm not too big on most wedding traditions, but that was a moment my husband really looked forward to, so I agreed to it. He wanted to experience that moment of seeing me in my dress for the first time with my dad. The picture we have of him seeing me is one of my favorites - he has the biggest and most excited smile.

the bolded is my faveourite part of any wedding....the expression of the husband to be when he sees his bride. 

Gets me every time 

It seems odd that they wouldn't make a big deal about dress shopping or any of that but maybe they realized that we don't care. I hope they do. That would be great. 

8 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

It seems odd that they wouldn't make a big deal about dress shopping or any of that but maybe they realized that we don't care. I hope they do. That would be great. 

I'm guessing they spend the entire house teasing wedding prep and dont air the actual wedding.  Boob will hold out on the airing rights for that in a special.

After watching election stuff and the Cubbies win game 6, I watched the Counting On show. I then tossed and turned most of the night as I thought about what I wanted to say on FJ. Here goes:

1) I had forgotten how young, excited, refreshed, vital and anticipatory Derick, Jill, Ben and Jessa all were on their wedding days (and as the day approached). So much hope and anticipation in the air and it showed.

2) WOW- what a change in what those people have become just 2, short years later. Jill is basically a shell of herself; a joyless vessel. The little sparkle in her eyes, gone. I wonder what has happened to her? Ever since Izzy's birth she is a changed and disengaged person. Derick, Ben and Jessa just seem old, hard and unhealthy, as if they are just going through the motions. 

3) In terms of the look on Jinger's face at the mention of a pregnancy- I think Jinger sees the changes in her sisters and their spouses and does NOT want to become them. The happiness, warmth, youth and hope radiate in Jinjer as compared to the others.

SO...it's up to Jeremy to convince his bride that although Jesus would love them to immediately welcome children in vast numbers, the most important point in that process is being responsible. The goal is to welcome children into a home with a stable base and to parents who can absolutely meet any and all needs (time, energy and resources). Being responsible and able is far more important than the numbers produced. Jesus values quality over quantity. And Jeremy must do this immediately, before the excitement of his headship rubs off. Jeremy is the only person in this entire CF who can do this because he is the only person not beholden to JB and not living near JB- I think this can be done and I believe that Jinger would be receptive and maybe even relieved.

4) The Duggar boys will all be single for a good long time. Josh's behaviors and JB's decisions + the fact that none of them are educated or independently employed works against them.

12 hours ago, nst said:

that's it to a tee - she is scared to a tee - she was in the real pretend world where as Jessa stays in the TTH day after day and you can see the difference. 

The Joshly Madison thing was the best thing that ever happened for Boob, it proved his point that the outside world is full of evil and if you leave his world you will be taken down by the devil himself.   Jill is pretty stupid she was probably more afraid of the devil getting them than scary brown people. But I'm sure the scary brown people kept her on edge as well. 

8 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

After watching election stuff and the Cubbies win game 6, I watched the Counting On show. I then tossed and turned most of the night as I thought about what I wanted to say on FJ. Here goes:

1) I had forgotten how young, excited, refreshed, vital and anticipatory Derick, Jill, Ben and Jessa all were on their wedding days (and as the day approached). So much hope and anticipation in the air and it showed.

2) WOW- what a change in what those people have become just 2, short years later. Jill is basically a shell of herself; a joyless vessel. The little sparkle in her eyes, gone. I wonder what has happened to her? Ever since Izzy's birth she is a changed and disengaged person. Derick, Ben and Jessa just seem old, hard and unhealthy, as if they are just going through the motions. 

3) In terms of the look on Jinger's face at the mention of a pregnancy- I think Jinger sees the changes in her sisters and their spouses and does NOT want to become them. The happiness, warmth, youth and hope radiate in Jinjer as compared to the others.

SO...it's up to Jeremy to convince his bride that although Jesus would love them to immediately welcome children in vast numbers, the most important point in that process is being responsible. The goal is to welcome children into a home with a stable base and to parents who can absolutely meet any and all needs (time, energy and resources). Being responsible and able is far more important than the numbers produced. Jesus values quality over quantity. And Jeremy must do this immediately, before the excitement of his headship rubs off. Jeremy is the only person in this entire CF who can do this because he is the only person not beholden to JB and not living near JB- I think this can be done and I believe that Jinger would be receptive and maybe even relieved.

4) The Duggar boys will all be single for a good long time. Josh's behaviors and JB's decisions + the fact that none of them are educated or independently employed works against them.

Both Jill & Jessa & their spouses realize know that all that is left if babies babies and more babies.  I honestly think Derrick married Jill hoping she would want to wander like he does and would enjoy it as much as he does. I personally think a few more years away from the cult, will be a good thing for Jill, she will eventually get used to it, and realize that the devil isn't going to get them, Josh was just a dick. I also think they should wait a year or 2 more before having another kid.  Just enjoy the 3 of them  for now, life is much MUCH easier with 1 kid vs 2, 3 4...15.  Money isn't as tight, time isn't as tight there is much more sleep to be had.  I still have hopes for Derrick  (though they are starting to waver) to get her an him away from quiverful.  Jill needs to be deprogrammed and that can't happen when her family is there every other hour to keep her in the fold.  I'm sure they will always be uber conservative assholes just not fundy with 15 kids kind of assholes. 

As for JinJer, we all know that not only does Jeremy have condoms he's used them. IF he isn't sold into this quiverful BS I can see him using condoms, if he tells Jing on their wedding night that they will NOT be making babies right away she will go with it, since it is her headship so it is OK.  I also think part of here will be relieved she is in no way ready for motherhood.

I think Derek thought that he was getting something different in Jill. A wanderer who would be completely ok with going to the scary places like he was.  I think that Jill thought that she would be ok with it too. What he didn't realize was how sheltered Jill was. Yeah he had been to Central America but she hadn't truly been there. Now that she's living there in my mind she has the look that most children do. The I wanna go home look. I'm not sure if she will ever get used to it. 

Ben and Jessa I thought were a mismatch from the start. They were both young and into themselves, I don't think that Ben had a chance to figure out who he was and what he wanted. He's been changing a bit recently. He's still dopey and dumb but he does seem to be trying to see outside of the Duggar bubble. Jessa has motherhood and maybe that will be enough for her but I doubt it. I think she just wanted to get out of the house. 

And Jinger, maybe Jeremy is just spouting what JB wants to hear but I don't know. I think that he has gone headfirst into the Koolaid. I think he wants the meek and submissive wife. I hope that if they both decide that having baby after baby isn't for them that they will limit their family size. I just see them toeing the JB line in Texas, as Derek and Jill do in CA. 

1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

I think Derek thought that he was getting something different in him. A wanderer who would be completely ok with going to the scary places like he was. What he didn't realize was how sheltered Jill was. Yeah he had been to Central America but she hadn't truly been there. Now that she's living there in my mind she has the look that most children do. The I wanna go home look. I'm not sure if she will ever get used to it. 

Ben and Jessa I thought were a mismatch from the start. They were both young and into themselves, I don't think that Ben had a chance to figure out who he was and what he wanted. He's been changing a bit recently. He's still dopey and dumb but he does seem to be trying to see outside of the Duggar bubble. Jessa has motherhood and maybe that will be enough for her but I doubt it. I think she just wanted to get out of the house. 

And Jinger, maybe Jeremy is just spouting what JB wants to hear but I don't know. I think that he has gone headfirst into the Koolaid. I think he wants the meek and submissive wife. I hope that if they both decide that having baby after baby isn't for them that they will limit their family size. I just see them toeing the JB line in Texas, as Derek and Jill do in CA. 

But, Derick and Jill are not expecting again and Izzy is 1.5 years old, ao in terms of procreation, not exactly toeing the line.  I keep thinking Izzy's older because of his size and preschooler look. It's hard to believe that he is only 7 months older than Spurgeon. Spurge still has a baby face and body.

6 hours ago, PartriarchydefyinValkarie said:

I really hope Jeremy isn't a Prince Hans.. -.-

Me either. But the joke was originally about Jill and Derrick. While they were courting, I got so annoyed during interviews when Jill would constantly try to finish derricks sentences and would always get it wrong. Watching lasts night episode was a fresh reminder. My sister and I would rewind and laugh hysterically. 

5 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

But, Derick and Jill are not expecting again and Izzy is 1.5 years old, ao in terms of procreation, not exactly toeing the line.  I keep thinking Izzy's older because of his size and preschooler look. It's hard to believe that he is only 7 months older than Spurgeon. Spurge still has a baby face and body.

They're not exactly toeing the procreation line but not exactly pushing it. Fact of the matter is that they are still trying to convert Catholics. And I wouldn't be surprised if there was an announcement from them soonish. Maybe even because Jill doesn't want to go back. Whatever reason. 

Jill just didn't understand what being a holy missionary really meant. She thought it would all feel good because...Jeebus. She didn't factor in her isolation with Derick out of the house or the Scary Shower Rack stuff. She thought it would all have the "glow" of holiness. She grew up, the more recent years, in a huge house and wanted for nothing. Never alone. Now that is all different. Shower Racks are everywhere. 

I agree with the above and I think those fake mission vacations really did her ( and others) a disservice.  Who wouldn't want to be on permanent vacation in the name of all that is holy!

Food for thought, but do any of those Christian wedding night books touch on .... moving slowly, I guess? I assume they're all given copies of those books to read and explain things. I really wonder what the odds are any fundie groom would be advised "Take it slow, she might be frightened, it might be painful/uncomfortable for her." 

I also really wonder how much some of the really sheltered fundie women KNOW before they get married... 

@SassyPants it took me a minute to realize was CF meant.   I kept wondering if it was a typo for QF (quiverfull).  Then I realized. HAHAHAHA.  :laughing-jumpingpurple: 

I also didn't realize at first why there were so many new replies in this thread this morning.  Totally forgot Tuesday was snoozeday on TLC.  I'm pretty sure I won't rush to watch this one.  

So would she already have to be married for a wedding episode in 2 weeks?  I may go with the theory that they will do a separate stand alone special in the future. 

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

They do say that they're trying, though.  At least publicly, they are toeing the QF line.  And while I don't want to speculate too much, there are lots of folks with secondary infertility issues -- NOT that it's necessarily that.  But Michelle's fertility isn't necessarily Jill's fertility.  And JB's fertility isn't necessarily Derick's.  There could be lots of other reasons (including, perhaps, taking the doc's advice to wait,  recuperate, and heal after that traumatic C-section).  I am not too comfortable speculating on exactly why there isn't an Israel 2.0 out there yet, because I'm sure we've all known couples who've wanted children/more children, and have had difficulties making that happen.

If they speak about it, then it's public info and fair game.  Thus far, their words have been that they're hoping to create some siblings for their firstborn, so what they're presenting is the same Quiverfull desires that we've always heard.    

2 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Jill just didn't understand what being a holy missionary really meant. She thought it would all feel good because...Jeebus. She didn't factor in her isolation with Derick out of the house or the Scary Shower Rack stuff. She thought it would all have the "glow" of holiness. She grew up, the more recent years, in a huge house and wanted for nothing. Never alone. Now that is all different. Shower Racks are everywhere. 

shower racks are everywhere - This has to be the next post title :D

I did actually like Jessa and Ben's vows better. But the aggressive piano had  to go. It's not just loud, it's angry and deep, and fast. I have heard the same music played much more delicately. I hope  Jinger gets her hair professionally done, and that she wears shoes for heavens sake. Barefoot is fine for a beach or meadow, not a church. And no dammed running down the aisle. It's so undignified.  And the guys better not grab their spouses and try to show off their kissing too. That is so immature. 

I would like to suggest that maybe they watch some royal wedding footage.  As important as a wedding is to a fundie, the Duggars certainly like to act like fools at them. 

3 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I really think Jill probably would have enjoyed CA and living there and working along side Derrick if she hadn't of had Izzy.  I think the baby held her back on what she was willing to do and therefore, left her at home much of the time ... scared and afraid. 

It's a shame that Boob and MEchelle didn't take those two aside before they got married and told them  they should put off having a baby for a couple of years and go be missionaries.  It pisses me off that Boob and MEchelle were able to marry and have 3 to 4 years before kids to work hard and just be with each other when they haven't allow that option to their kids at all. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived