IGNORED

Counting On Season Two - Part 6

Coconut Flan

Oh god. I did not know about the blood donation fiasco. That is disgusting! Fucking Jim Bob.

I am weirdly terrified of blood tests/donations. I don't have an issue with blood, and I don't have an issue with needles. But for whatever reason when combined they freak me the hell out. Always have since I was a kid.
My mom has donated blood since she was like 25 so I grew up with her doing it and I always wanted to try even though I never thought I'd have the courage. So when I was 16 and my school was having a blood drive I signed up even though I was terrified lol. I started crying before anything even happened and the nurse was actually a little concerned and was stalling asking me a million times if I was okay before he proceeded. To make things worse I have really tiny veins so they ALWAYS have trouble finding a vein and sometimes have to move the needle around while it's in my arm and stuff. Donating blood is always terrifying and I always cry lol. But I am determined to do it and I only do it when I'm feeling really good. Sometimes there is an opportunity but I skip out cause I don't feel emotionally prepared.

I cannot imagine what that was like for Jill. Yeah I put myself through something similar but it was of my own volition, not because my "headship" was breathing down my shoulder essentially commanding I do it or I'd embarrass him on national television. That really makes me so upset.

As for why he only brought the girls, I think Boob knows what makes good television. The girls have always been more interesting on the show and having all of them be scared and poked at and "sacrifice" for their baby sister is more sellable. I don't think it had to do with their periods are the other boys being too good for it or anything. All about pimping out his daughters for money.

This is the episode that made me stop and question their show/lifestyle. They were obviously scared of donating blood and JB didn't seem to care at all. I can't even begin to think of my own parents treating me like that!

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are being treated to Jill's wedding all over again

as well as Jessa's on her actual day 

Jill Cathy is alive and well - can't they delete that part 

do they get paid for this again 

It's been 4 minutes and it's already awful. They don't even have the funny subtitles and the new background music is just weird.

Okay so just as I tuned into Counting On and was catching the last bit of the "Counting On to Counting On" bullshit, my TV glitched and went to Dance Moms, of all things... perhaps it's a sign I shouldn't subject myself to this show. 

3 minutes ago, purple_summer said:

It's been 4 minutes and it's already awful. They don't even have the funny subtitles and the new background music is just weird.

what is the POINT of showing this ? honestly 

we can see the weddings anytime we want - like when Trump is speaking 

Oh God - JB - does he get paid today as well 

Jill what are you saving now ....do tell 

I think Buzzard is on hiatus tonight 

3 minutes ago, MargaretElliott said:

Okay so just as I tuned into Counting On and was catching the last bit of the "Counting On to Counting On" bullshit, my TV glitched and went to Dance Moms, of all things... perhaps it's a sign I shouldn't subject myself to this show. 

exactly because if they are including everything - then they will include josh 

1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

"Good testimony..." Fuck Jill you're annoying. Dear heart of the lord...

she has changed if you think about last week and tonights episode - 

track the changes 

it will be interesting 

If the Duggars have taught me anything, it's that saving your first kiss for the sake of "sanctity" just makes you look like a moron. If you break up with your spouse the literal night before (or day of!) your wedding you probably have issues that should have been dealt with much sooner, perhaps before even getting engaged.

Wasn't it in Jill's wedding that the giant douche Josh grabbed Anna from her groomsman and kissed her in the aisle? I can't remember.

Also, annoying that they never mentioned Derrick kissing other girls and acted like it was a "neat testimony" to 'save' their first kiss.

2 minutes ago, nst said:

exactly because if they are including everything - then they will include josh 

she has changed if you think about last week and tonights episode - 

track the changes 

it will be interesting 

She has. She doesn't say testimony anymore. Although the part where she was blubbering about a shower rack was a bit annoying in a whole different way. 

Just now, JoyfulSel said:

Wasn't it in Jill's wedding that the giant douche Josh grabbed Anna from her groomsman and kissed her in the aisle? I can't remember.

I think that was  Pris and Davey.

"Starting to really stress out..." Yes because Jana had all the other stress, you did nothing. 

Also it's hilarious that they wonder where the tradition of not seeing each other before the wedding came from when that's literally a hangover from biblical times.

1 minute ago, nst said:

the biggest miracle is Miss Cathy being ok 2 years later 

:D

And she looks much better than Derek and Jill! :P 

Counting on - Can I just cut and paste my recap from the original wedding?

We open at the church.  Its SUCH a big deal because she's the first sister/daughter to get married.

Jana says it went really fast

They met and skyped.  Boob suggested it, and now she has to spend her life with him.  They started courting and got engaged.

Flashback to the "romantic" square iwth the song and they "yes, totally" answer.

Normally people have a lot of time to plan the wedding, but she planned her shit in3 months. Planning the wedding is a big task, especially when there are so many people involved.

They really should have edited out the part about cathy being so sick and that they dont know if she'll make it.  Its really not necessary considering that she's find now... but DRAMA!

Vanessa makes an appearance.  I'm shocked they didnt edit her out.

They introduce the bridal parties. Anna is, of course, not edited out.  

Michelle coos about where the boys/girls should stand. They line up and Anna is in the back.

Benessa TH - I'm going to propose sometime soon. 

Boob has the hard job of giving my daughter away.  I have the "fun" job of giving permission to kiss her.  He takes particular glee in practicing this.

Jill - we tried to value eachother by saving things for marriage

Derick - we've had little suggest ways we could practice but that would defeat the purpose.

At calvary church they have a rehearsal dinner. Its jill's last night with her sisters and her family.  Its his last night as a single guy.

4 minutes ago, purple_summer said:

If the Duggars have taught me anything, it's that saving your first kiss for the sake of "sanctity" just makes you look like a moron. If you break up with your spouse the literal night before (or day of!) your wedding you probably have issues that should have been dealt with much sooner, perhaps before even getting engaged.

What if someone kisses their new spouse and finds it so revolting that it kills attraction? Has anyone else ever kissed someone who probably practiced on their dog?

Just now, purple_summer said:

Also it's hilarious that they wonder where the tradition of not seeing each other before the wedding came from when that's literally a hangover from biblical times.

Which can result in you working for 7 years to marry someone, and then someone pulls a switharoo and you marry her sister!

cause i am looking at you - someone has been reading romance novels - not 

i think these people say one thing in front of the camera and do something else behind it 

1 minute ago, HarryPotterFan said:

What if someone kisses their new spouse and finds it so revolting that it kills attraction? Has anyone else ever kissed someone who probably practiced on their dog?

I may have mentioned this before, but half of the rationale I was told was that "if you've never kissed (or slept with) anyone else you won't know what you're missing and will be happy with whatever you end up with". Horrible, horrible advice.

I don't understand the first look thing. We don't really do that here. The groom sees the bride at the alter and it's usually priceless most of them get a little teary. 

Drop the drama about Ms. Cathy. Come on guys. 

And as for the not kissing someone, can you imagine? You can date the hottest guy in the world but if he's a bad kisser...:dislike:

Just now, Carm_88 said:

I don't understand the first look thing. We don't really do that here. The groom sees the bride at the alter and it's usually priceless most of them get a little teary. 

I think some people like to have that moment in private which is fine, but they usually haven't already been spending the whole day together. 

I totally forgot just how....intense....Erin's piano playing was during the bridal march. Poor piano.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived