IGNORED

Counting On Season Two- Part 4

samurai_sarah

52 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

Thankfully, I have been able to miss this part of the train wreck.  What season... just in case I need to self-induce hurling?

I had no idea anyone would spin the wheel of bad food ideas... and land on this particular gem.

It was really early on, either the first season or one of the specials. Michelle was gone for some reason and JB was feeding the kids. He went to make tuna salad but couldn't find the mayo so he used bbq sauce instead. :puke-huge:

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So... this concoction is... REAL?!  OMG, couldn't someone just whip up some chickenetti?!  :LOUCHE:

Just now, MarblesMom said:

So... this concoction is... REAL?!  OMG, couldn't someone just whip up some chickenetti?!  :LOUCHE:

This is Jim Bob we're talking about. He opened a can of tuna, squirted some BBQ sauce on it, mashed it up with a fork, put it on bread and called it food. (I may be biased because I don't think canned tuna is real food to begin with but...)

Oh no.  This has to be part of a bad dream.  

I also cannot find the barf emoticon, but I feel it upon my heart, in this season of life.

This is my first real post ever, although I've been lurking awhile

Re: Meatballs - I do kinda get where Jinger is coming from the frozen meatballs? I come from a giant Irish-Catholic family and my boyfriend's family is off-the-boat Greek- I cannot make Greek (or at least his family's version) meatballs the same as his mother and grandmother so I've stopped trying after probably five times. It's hard! Especially after also trying to make spanakopita. Does anyone think Jinger will at least make an effort to do some Italian cooking? Or will she just revert to what she knows?

5 hours ago, Fascinated said:

I am worried that you all overlooked this from Buffy:

Now, it may be that most of you have no idea to whom, or what, this refers. But, it is gold, I tell you, gold. 

“No one can pull the wool over my eyes. Cashmere maybe, but wool, never!”

I just caught the end of the 1 am rerun. So Jeremy takes her to a rooftop in NYC with live music and all he says is , "Will, you marry me"?

While I certainly see they have physical attraction and they had a romantic setting for the proposal but there was no romance? I expected either a bunch of talk about God calling them together or a speech about their journey. Nothing?

Jill got a song.  Jessa got a scavenger hunt and Jinger gets a will you marry me?

From the short part of the episode I saw , is really just seems like more physical attraction crush behavior from Jinger. She really can't learn anything about soccer? It  is a big part of her future husband's life and what else does she have to do all day that she can't watch some games or read up on the sport. Plus everything Jeremy does is super cool positive wonderful. I hope that is not what Jeremy loves about her because no one can keep it  way forever and a man that is looking for a wife that is so over the top your so cool babe all the time worries me.

I am so confuesed about where they all live!  I had hoped the Paine girl wasn't sleeping in the girls' dormitory (purgatory?) but if the Smuggars are in grandma's room, she must be, right? It's hard to imagine a life I'd hate more than a Duggar-girl, without getting into horror/thriller/bleak Indie film territory, but I'd take being Joy over being poor, invisible, Tabitha (?) Paine.

@HerNameIsBuffy You deserve an award, I laughed and laughed - and of course, @Buzzard should get a whole box of them :-D

38 minutes ago, Lurky said:

I am so confuesed about where they all live!  I had hoped the Paine girl wasn't sleeping in the girls' dormitory (purgatory?) but if the Smuggars are in grandma's room, she must be, right? It's hard to imagine a life I'd hate more than a Duggar-girl, without getting into horror/thriller/bleak Indie film territory, but I'd take being Joy over being poor, invisible, Tabitha (?) Paine.

@HerNameIsBuffy You deserve an award, I laughed and laughed - and of course, @Buzzard should get a whole box of them :-D

She could be staying out in the guest house like Ben did, although I think it's more likely that Josh, Anna and their kids are living in the guest house or one of the rental properties and Tabitha is in grandma's room. At this point it's all speculation.

10 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

ha ha ha....Irish girl here, and ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Or you can buy them premade but just not frozen. 

I'm Irish too. Learned from my MIL and FIL - I've watched them cook over the years, so I knew the basic idea, but they basically gave me the family recipes and I worked it out on my own. I make a damn good sauce now. Lol!

@silverspoonsWhen my husband proposed he literally asked me if he should do a speech, while he was on one knee and holding the ring. The poor guy was so nervous - even though it was just the two of us in our spare bedroom - that I told him he didn't need to. So he simply asked if I would marry him. :pb_lol:

I didn't watch, but maybe Jeremy was nervous about doing a romantic speech in front of other people? Or maybe, just maybe, he just doesn't know her well enough to offer anything concrete in a speech like that? 

Nah. They were already best friends by that time. After no alone time ever and only a month of courting. He must have just been nervous. :pb_rollseyes:

Weird how they're only ever shown visiting Jeremy's favorite places, doing Jeremy's favorite things, JEREMY STUFF. They should have had some episodes where Jeremy gets to share some of Jinger's hobbies, such as going to Journey To The Heart, photographing poorly dressed white people, and pretending to sell cars.

12 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

FFS an HOUR??  Is it always an hour?

So a house that doesnt need renovations is being renovated, Anna proves she can count to four, and Jeremy wants to show Jinger his New York.  He's going to ask her to marry her but Jessa doesnt think Jinger has any idea.

he shows her how to pour tea and she calls him Lovey?  Does he call her Thurston?

He's going to take her kayacking and Spurgeon is going to be a reader and musician per Jeremy's mom.  Many musicians can read.

Wow, the name Spurgeon sounds even more stupid aloud than it looks in print.  And Jessa sounds just like Jill.  

Jinger isn't outdoorsy but likes the idea of going out on kayak with Jeremy because romantic.  Well yeah - it's called love, Dopey.  When engaged I went to a Bears game.

They are wearing board shorts to go kayaking - and Jeremy loves that she wears skirts but it's cool to see her in shorts.  Seemed like he could give a fuck, honestly - Duggar party line.

"anything for you darhling" line from Jessa about Jinger - dead on.  She can nail it now and again.  I'm liking her this episode.

They will meet the grandparents tomorrow. (Jingle will.  Jeremy, it is presumed, is already aquainted with them.) 

Back in Arkansas Jana is paging everyone over the PA to a family meeting.  In their home.  Yeah - because that's how homes and families work.

The fancy pants guest house for Jill and Dereick is going to be renovated and decorated and redo flower beds...who wants other people to decorate their house?

Did they address where all the shit from Jill and Derick's Mcmansion went? All that auction stuff? All the wedding gifts? All the baby stuff? The new glider/rocker that Cathy purchased?  

How about they use the shit they already have and save the time and difference?

Or shut the F up!

8 hours ago, foreign fundie said:

What boggles my mind is that

1. You want to have all these intimate moments filmed and all your emotions displayed for the world. Somewhere in the process that must mean you loose your soul and no longer know the difference between what you feel and what you are expected to feel.

2. Your dad is there to buy a ring, your mum is there for the proposal. They just can't cut the cord. How can Jeremy marry a woman which has not had the chance to become a person apart from her parents? I swear my nine yo is more independent than Jinger.

1. I don't think Jinge has a soul - Jeremy definitely doesn't based on that lovely verse he spouted in front of all those wedding photos. Again it bugged me because it's just so blatant. 

2. Again at least Michelle didn't talk until the rainbow.  

Didn't you hear he doesn't want a woman who can think for herself - he wants a godly woman who has no emotion apart from thinking about God and his food.  THEY practically said that part out loud. 

CAN"T Stand JEREMY or JINGE  

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

I'm Irish too. Learned from my MIL and FIL - I've watched them cook over the years, so I knew the basic idea, but they basically gave me the family recipes and I worked it out on my own. I make a damn good sauce now. Lol!

@silverspoonsWhen my husband proposed he literally asked me if he should do a speech, while he was on one knee and holding the ring. The poor guy was so nervous - even though it was just the two of us in our spare bedroom - that I told him he didn't need to. So he simply asked if I would marry him. :pb_lol:

I didn't watch, but maybe Jeremy was nervous about doing a romantic speech in front of other people? Or maybe, just maybe, he just doesn't know her well enough to offer anything concrete in a speech like that? 

Nah. They were already best friends by that time. After no alone time ever and only a month of courting. He must have just been nervous. :pb_rollseyes:

I really want to believe that he's just a blunt kinda guy and just wanted to cut to the chase, but I also think that this is a very instrumentally motivated relationship: Jeremy wants a pliable, compliant girl who will let him be a big dominant patriarch manly man, Jinger wants someone who appears to pay attention to her who isn't a blood relation. Why not just gain that consent to marriage as fast as you can and get right to what you actually want: a life growing old with someone who brings out your best qualities and makes your world a little brighter? Nah, a house away from your insane family and a blow-up doll that knows how to operate a stove, respectively.

8 hours ago, calimojo said:

nickelodeon

Weird how they're only ever shown visiting Jeremy's favorite places, doing Jeremy's favorite things, JEREMY STUFF. They should have had some episodes where Jeremy gets to share some of Jinger's hobbies, such as going to Journey To The Heart, photographing poorly dressed white people, and pretending to sell cars.

well I seriously doubt we are getting an ALL about JInge episode because truly who would care, and all you would see is her crying endlessly.  I don't need that. Plus Jeremy is a douche - last night confirmed it.   And all Jinge's hobby's are cult related 

and it was very douchey 

7 minutes ago, nst said:

Sassypants said 

Did they address where all the shit from Jill and Derick's Mcmansion went? All that auction stuff? All the wedding gifts? All the baby stuff? The new glider/rocker that Cathy purchased?  

How about they use the shit they already have and save the time and difference?

Or shut the F up!

it's called a dumpster 

9 hours ago, foreign fundie said:

What boggles my mind is that

1. You want to have all these intimate moments filmed and all your emotions displayed for the world. Somewhere in the process that must mean you loose your soul and no longer know the difference between what you feel and what you are expected to feel.

But they only know what they are told to feel. They are to keep sweet and do what ever their headship tells them, joyfully.  There is no room for feeling or what she might want. 

Just now, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

But they only know what they are told to feel. They are to keep sweet and do what ever their headship tells them, joyfully.  There is no room for feeling or what she might want. 

which is what baffles me.  I honestly wonder how Jessa feels that her sister is so touchy feely with a man she is courting.  The bounds are off.  You can totally tell.  I really think that Ben was scared of J B and Michelle because of his age, because the things Jeremy does with Jinge I wonder how they feel about it.  But again they don't feel.  Michelle looked like an old bag last night raving about a rainbow.  

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I really want to believe that he's just a blunt kinda guy and just wanted to cut to the chase, but I also think that this is a very instrumentally motivated relationship: Jeremy wants a pliable, compliant girl who will let him be a big dominant patriarch manly man, Jinger wants someone who appears to pay attention to her who isn't a blood relation. Why not just gain that consent to marriage as fast as you can and get right to what you actually want: a life growing old with someone who brings out your best qualities and makes your world a little brighter? Nah, a house away from your insane family and a blow-up doll that knows how to operate a stove, respectively.

Sadly, I think you may be right.

But even if I don't read between the lines, and if I instead take Jeremy and Jinge's relationships at face value, it's still sad. Jinger clearly thinks Jeremy is perfect; a kind of worldly savior. I think dating ("courtship") and engagements should go on long enough so the couple actually gets to know each other. If you don't recognize that your future mate is imperfect, that he/she has flaws that will inevitably reveal themselves as you live together, you're in a for a horrible shock. Jinger is going to have a hard time reconciling the real Jeremy with the rainbows-and-roses view of him she has now.

I'm NOT saying that there is anything in particular wrong with Jeremy (I have no idea). What I am saying is that he can't possibly be the perfect being Jinger has set him up to be. And when she sees the real Jeremy, she's in for a big letdown.

13 hours ago, Destiny said:

But but but that means more meatballs for you! Besides, you know you love me, vegetarian and all. :-p

I just have to go off-topic here and say how MUCH I love Destiny's avatar!

Pussies Unite!

40 minutes ago, Analytica49 said:

Sadly, I think you may be right.

But even if I don't read between the lines, and if I instead take Jeremy and Jinge's relationships at face value, it's still sad. Jinger clearly thinks Jeremy is perfect; a kind of worldly savior. I think dating ("courtship") and engagements should go on long enough so the couple actually gets to know each other. If you don't recognize that your future mate is imperfect, that he/she has flaws that will inevitably reveal themselves as you live together, you're in a for a horrible shock. Jinger is going to have a hard time reconciling the real Jeremy with the rainbows-and-roses view of him she has now.

I'm NOT saying that there is anything in particular wrong with Jeremy (I have no idea). What I am saying is that he can't possibly be the perfect being Jinger has set him up to be. And when she sees the real Jeremy, she's in for a big letdown.

No one is perfect, that isn't the problem the problem I see is that these couples aren't allowed ANY alone time. There is always someone lurking nearby maybe listening, you can't have personal deep conversations and let your guard down around other people too.   I just want to scream, you know men CAN control themselves not to hump the furniture (well maybe not Trump) give them some credit.  That is what bugs me most the no touching and the no alone time. The control Boob & MEchelle have on their kids is nuts. my 16 year old doesn't have that many rules, hell my 4 year old nieces don't have that  many rules. 

On 10/7/2016 at 11:17 PM, Kate11 said:

This is a little off topic, but kinda goes with girl/ woman. I'm a teacher and when talking about my coworkers to students I call everyone Miss Last Name, I hardly ever use Mrs. Mostly because it's harder and takes longer to say. I was just wondering what the FJ consensus was on using Miss/Mrs./ and Ms!

Personally, I HATE being called anything other than Mrs. I'd much rather you just call me by my first name. But if not, I'm married, so Mrs. it is. Miss seems silly, but since I look so young I get that a lot. That could be why it angers me. I don't really get called  Ms.  ever.

Did anyone catch Mr. Vuolo telling Mrs. Vuolo to give Spurgeon a toy and she responds with "I will in a minute." I was thinking, right on. She was enjoying showing the spurgeon the book and was content in the moment. Michelle would have dropped everything if Jim Bob had asked.

And Grandma Vuolo is awesome. Enough said.

I'm thinking this family will be good for Jinger.

Dammit Freejinger, you made me laugh while reading all this and I peed my pants. (And I thought the worst part of being super pregnant during Counting On would be missing out on the "BAAAABE" drinking game...)

12 minutes ago, Adrienne83 said:

Personally, I HATE being called anything other than Mrs. I'd much rather you just call me by my first name. But if not, I'm married, so Mrs. it is. Miss seems silly, but since I look so young I get that a lot. That could be why it angers me. I don't really get called  Ms.  ever.

And I hate being called "Mrs" . Probably something to do with having grown up in Germany, where calling someone "Miss/Fräulein" is old-fashioned, bordering on rude. "Frau" used to denote married status, but is now the common form of address for women, so I like "Ms/Frau".

Each to their own. :)

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived