IGNORED

Counting On Season Two- Part 4

samurai_sarah

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Way too many JB & DQ appearances for my taste this season. Whyyyyyyy? I especially loathe JimBoob and have developed a conditioned response to the sound of his voice. It's kind of the same reaction I get when the fire alarm goes off...

Re: inlaw names

I call my inlaws by their first names when speaking to them, "your mom/dad" when speaking to hubby and "mami/papi" when speaking to my kids. My husband calls my mom "madame" and my dad "sir" when speaking to them (he does this with everyone, my parents did not ask him to do this), "your mom/dad" when speaking to me and "meemaw/peepaw" when speaking to the kids. My mom used to call her in-laws mom/dad. I dont think dad did that for her parents.

My mother & my aunt called my grandmother mom.  I understand why mother did it her mother died in 1983 but my aunts mom died in 2007.  

"I have to say. I think John-David would be a great husband. He's hard work, kind and resourceful. "

I don't get why people keep stating this?  Exactly what does he do other than screw around?  He is lazy, as are all the Duggar boys (what ever happened to that one going to college, they ever mentioned that?).  No wonder they can't find wives. 

I call Mister J's parents by their first names. That's how they introduced themselves to me, so that's how they get called.

I can't help but lol at the idea of the duggar boys being whored out for courting. Did they all fail at approaching some other girls' father or something?

So I just skimmed through the comments from the last thread and here and I reiterate what others have said, what in the actual hell was that episode?! That was by far the worst episode on any variation of this show.

Not only did they filler it up x1 million, did anyone notice how they used the part when Jeremy asks Boob to court Jinger TWICE within a two minute span? I thought I was having deja vu or something. The editors of this show are so incredibly lazy that it actually angers me. /rant over.

56 minutes ago, JoyfulSel said:

So I just skimmed through the comments from the last thread and here and I reiterate what others have said, what in the actual hell was that episode?! That was by far the worst episode on any variation of this show.

Not only did they filler it up x1 million, did anyone notice how they used the part when Jeremy asks Boob to court Jinger TWICE within a two minute span? I thought I was having deja vu or something. The editors of this show are so incredibly lazy that it actually angers me. /rant over.

Well, as much as a steaming pile of poo as this show is, maybe this show is being edited by interns. It may be losing enough money that they're cutting back on staff.

36 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Well, as much as a steaming pile of poo as this show is, maybe this show is being edited by interns. It may be losing enough money that they're cutting back on staff.

Maybe the Duggars edited this one themselves!  Joshly back in the saddle at Duggar studios?

My husband called my parents "Mr & Mrs R (my maiden name is long and ethnic). I called his mother by her first name. Now my parents are both dead and his mother is not invited into our lives anymore. 

None of my kids are married anymore...and the grands call us Nona and Poppa. 

21 minutes ago, HWest said:

Do all the Duggar boys have receding hairlines? Even the 17 year old twins look like they are going bald.

I noticed that too.  Maybe they all do. But they still have a lot of hair. 

I call my boyfriend's parents by their first names. My parents called their respective in-laws by their first names, and in high school (I went to an... "alternative" school) I called all my teachers by their first names or nicknames. I also avoid this by never calling someone by their name to their face. I have dozens of ways to avoid using someone's name to their face. It's just a weird habit of mine.

Anywho, back to Counting On. Why the heck don't they talk about Josiah's failed courtship? What a hard season of life- imagine what Josiah had to walk through! Luckily, because of their ludicrously strict courtship rules, he didn't give away any pieces of his heart (not that that matters for guys anyway, everyone knows women are the only ones they actually hold to those standards...) Seriously, though, they could capitalize on that pity party and get him hitched. He's an attractive enough guy, a better speaker than his brothers, actually seems kind of tolerable... But anything that doesn't portray the Duggars as absolutely perfect is obviously a no-no.

3 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

Those interns have much to learn then! (This coming from someone who works in video)

I don't blame editors for the content, but showing the same scene twice in such a short span is a no-no, intern or not. The content I blame on their terrible storyline-thinkers. There have been much more interesting things suggested here for storylines!

Thank you Buzzard, I think we owe you a debt of gratitude that you put yourself through this so that we did not have to suffer.  :beer:

I think their lives must b e so boring or they are only willing to film what they want to be filmed. 

Because 15 mintues of Airport does not make a season make. 
That episode was a joke - 

I think all of a sudden they are kiboshing what they want and don't want filmed. 

What is evident is that something is wrong with Jessa.  I think that is what is happening. 

(Gonna do it right this time with the gif.) When Hollywood put up that great pic collage of Guinn freaking out about prospective grandkids, I just happened to be watching the *Christmas HTTYD and this scene.. lmao. She does squeal "Babies!!" But baby dragons are better than humanoids. 

Spoiler

tumblr_static_tumblr_lzq9cfucos1r8xjguo2

7 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I call Mister J's parents by their first names. That's how they introduced themselves to me, so that's how they get called.

I can't help but lol at the idea of the duggar boys being whored out for courting. Did they all fail at approaching some other girls' father or something?

Apparently the Bates girls aren't even interested and that's an odd one considering how much time those families have spent together. 

2 hours ago, MargaretElliott said:

Anywho, back to Counting On. Why the heck don't they talk about Josiah's failed courtship? What a hard season of life- imagine what Josiah had to walk through! Luckily, because of their ludicrously strict courtship rules, he didn't give away any pieces of his heart (not that that matters for guys anyway, everyone knows women are the only ones they actually hold to those standards...) Seriously, though, they could capitalize on that pity party and get him hitched. He's an attractive enough guy, a better speaker than his brothers, actually seems kind of tolerable... But anything that doesn't portray the Duggars as absolutely perfect is obviously a no-no.

Couldn't agree with you more.  My biggest complaint about that episode was the eerie erasure of Josh/Anna's courtship and Josiah/Marjorie's.  WTF?  THIS IS LIFE.  Sometimes all your bullshit princess dreams don't come true.  Two of five failed and one of the five (Bin/Jessa) is so goddamn unromantic and awkward and loveless, I'd call that a failure too.

3 hours ago, LittleSpouseOnThePrairie said:

Since nothing happened in this episode, we could play a game of Caption This with various screen grabs. Any takers?

No, just no.  This is an episode thread.  We have threads for memes and such.  Thank you!  If I need to go fish one out for people I will. 

ETA:  I moved the captions to the appropriate thread here:

OMG JinJer aren't even trying to pretend they don't front hug anymore.  It's hilarious.  The first time seemed like an accident, now she's defrauding him all up and down his frontal region.

What a season of life to be alive!

The Duggar males refer to their future (adult) women spouses as "girls." Referring to women as girls is sexist, patronizing, and an attempt to make women smaller--to infantilize them. Would someone please tell the Duggar males to refer to adult women as women and not girls? 

And men referring to other women as girls has sexual overtones--rape, incest, etc... Given the Duggar family's issues with molestation in the home, I would hope that they would immediately change their language.

Would Jesus refer to women as girls?

1 hour ago, nst said:

What is evident is that something is wrong with Jessa.  I think that is what is happening.

Maybe she's actually having twins or triplets or something

Such a boring episode, I watched while catching up on this thread. They should have spent more time on Alert Academy. I haven't checked in a while, but the application used to have a lot of questions for the applicant's father, including explaining any adoption and/or divorce. This is from their Apply for Training page (bolding is mine).

Are you willing to face and overcome hardship?  Do you have the humility to develop a lifelong mindset of Christian service?  Are you prepared to overcome the rigors of learning and putting new skills into practice? Do you desire to leave the indifference of childhood behind and rise to the responsibilities required of  manhood? ALERT is waiting for you.

You must be at least 17 years of age, be medically and physically qualified, and be a high school graduate.

The application process will include filling out the application and questionnaire, a medical history form, a physical examination form, and a physical training standards form. Photographs of yourself and your family must be submitted with your application, and your father will also need to complete a short questionnaire. We strongly recommend that you obtain a valid passport before beginning Basic Training.

Applications can be downloaded here.

Applications should be submitted at least six weeks prior to the start date of the Basic Training you desire to attend, and you can expect a phone interview within a few weeks of submitting your application. If you wish to apply and the start date is less than six weeks away, your application may still be processed; please call us for details.

You can prepare yourself for the rigors of Basic Training by memorizing 1st Peter in the King James version of the Bible and beginning a well-rounded physical fitness routine.

9 hours ago, Jana814 said:

My mother & my aunt called my grandmother mom.  I understand why mother did it her mother died in 1983 but my aunts mom died in 2007.  

This is one of those things that are different to everyone?? 

I agree with you though Jana814. 

My nana (dad's mum) always expected her son / daughter in laws to call her mum. My mum refused to because a) she wasn't her mum and b ) she had a mum.

I don't know how I'd go if someone asked me to call them mum, I haven't experienced apart from my own mum who is clearly mum!

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived