IGNORED

Counting On Season Two- Part 4

samurai_sarah

I was just at a wedding on Saturday. The bride & groom had their siblings, (bride has 3 siblings groom has 1) as bridesmaids & groomsmen. I thought it was a good idea. My feelings of discusted  for the groom can be left for another post. 

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, OrchidBlossom said:

I believe that IBLP members are discouraged from having close opposite gender friends because of temptation and pieces of your heart or whatever. I know this to be the case with other kinds of fundies (I have lost several friends to this nonsense).

The other thing is that in IBLP people tend not to have one-on-one friends. Friendships tend to be between families and, while there might be particularly close relationships between particular members of a family (as with Jana Duggar and Michael/l/a Keilen, for instance), they generally met through their parents' friendship and are friends with each other's siblings as well.

7 hours ago, alba said:

The other thing is that in IBLP people tend not to have one-on-one friends. Friendships tend to be between families and, while there might be particularly close relationships between particular members of a family (as with Jana Duggar and Michael/l/a Keilen, for instance), they generally met through their parents' friendship and are friends with each other's siblings as well.

and this is part that doesn't make sense to me - between families is fine.  But what happens when these people all grow up.  

I doubt Michael and Jana go out together and have coffee.  Probably because one is married and Jana can't do anything alone in public even though she is 27. 

I hate this cult

15 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

I've been following the Duggars since they first started. Mostly cuz I like watching extreme behavior, I'm the person that watched My 600 LB Life, Hoarders, FLDS stuff but I think I missed something. Since when have the Duggars liked football so much? I've never seen them talk about sports unless it's their made up unorganized sports.

Recently, I believe. Like within the last year or two. I never noticed it until the son in laws came into the picture, personally. I could be wrong though, I haven't followed them as closely as others. 

Finally caught up on the guys' guide to courting episode. I definitely would not have missed out on much except pure boredom with short intermittent periods of blinding rage if I had skipped it. 

I know why... but my only thought the whole episode was why can't they interview the eligible Duggar women about their tastes in a partner? I find it sickening/sad to waste a whole hour on a glorified personal ad for the men while completely failing to acknowledge that the women may have opinions and preferences in a partner too. 

8 minutes ago, emscm said:

Finally caught up on the guys' guide to courting episode. I definitely would not have missed out on much except pure boredom with short intermittent periods of blinding rage if I had skipped it. 

I know why... but my only thought the whole episode was why can't they interview the eligible Duggar women about their tastes in a partner? I find it sickening/sad to waste a whole hour on a glorified personal ad for the men while completely failing to acknowledge that the women may have opinions and preferences in a partner too

LOL!  That's cute.  Silly!  This cult is all about the menz desires and needs.

I'm terribly sorry to say that I will miss tonight's amazingly interesting episode.  As much as I've tried to argue that watching them is penance, the Duggars just cant trump Yom Kippur.

I wish all those observing a meaningful fast. 

@Buzzard. We will miss you. Especially those of us who have no cable. Hope your Yom Kippur is meaningful, and if I've said the wrong thing, forgive me.

35 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

@Buzzard. We will miss you. Especially those of us who have no cable. Hope your Yom Kippur is meaningful, and if I've said the wrong thing, forgive me.

G'mar Tov. I hope I did that right.  My Jewish friend taught me a few Jewish holiday greetings, and keeping them straight is NOT easy. 

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

I'm terribly sorry to say that I will miss tonight's amazingly interesting episode.  As much as I've tried to argue that watching them is penance, the Duggars just cant trump Yom Kippur.

You too Buzzard.  I love your recaps. 

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

G'mar Hatimah Tovah, Buzzard. :)

I have to say, I am very disappointed that I no longer have cable. I didn't even realize Counting On existed until this weekend. Sad. Looks like I have Buzzard recaps to read though!

Have a meaningful Yom Kippur, Buzzard.

17 hours ago, alba said:

I  nominate you to do a recap :D

1 hour ago, CorruptionInc. said:

G'mar Hatimah Tovah, Buzzard. :)

or you :D

With the amazing @Buzzard focused on the meaningful I'm subbing to regale you with typos, disjointed comments, bad words, and non-sequiters as I recap the Duggar meshugos.

It can't be as bad as recapping the debate, right?  I've submitted a request for hazard pay because of permanent damage from having to look at Trump for 90 minutes in giant HD.  And since my last Duggar recap I've gotten new glasses...now that I can see I hope I don't have nightmares about giant, blinding Duggar teeth.

5 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

With the amazing @Buzzard focused on the meaningful I'm subbing to regale you with typos, disjointed comments, bad words, and non-sequiters as I recap the Duggar meshugos.

It can't be as bad as recapping the debate, right?  I've submitted a request for hazard pay because of permanent damage from having to look at Trump for 90 minutes in giant HD.  And since my last Duggar recap I've gotten new glasses...now that I can see I hope I don't have nightmares about giant, blinding Duggar teeth.

and a reminder it's the proposal so people need extra fake tissues for the fake proposal that didn't happen on a soundstage 

I heard the seinfeld finale was next door :D

I commend you for the new glasses 

On 10/10/2016 at 6:51 AM, nst said:

that would be too cheezy if Ben is best man - I think he will use his brother and then Ben perhaps.

I really wonder now how involved Jessa will be - since all she does is sit on the couch.  She will make Jana do everything 

Jana just sews the modesty panels into the bridesmaids' dresses. Sierra does everything else. 

FFS an HOUR??  Is it always an hour?

So a house that doesnt need renovations is being renovated, Anna proves she can count to four, and Jeremy wants to show Jinger his New York.  He's going to ask her to marry her but Jessa doesnt think Jinger has any idea.

he shows her how to pour tea and she calls him Lovey?  Does he call her Thurston?

He's going to take her kayacking and Spurgeon is going to be a reader and musician per Jeremy's mom.  Many musicians can read.

Wow, the name Spurgeon sounds even more stupid aloud than it looks in print.  And Jessa sounds just like Jill.  

Jinger isn't outdoorsy but likes the idea of going out on kayak with Jeremy because romantic.  Well yeah - it's called love, Dopey.  When engaged I went to a Bears game.

They are wearing board shorts to go kayaking - and Jeremy loves that she wears skirts but it's cool to see her in shorts.  Seemed like he could give a fuck, honestly - Duggar party line.

"anything for you darhling" line from Jessa about Jinger - dead on.  She can nail it now and again.  I'm liking her this episode.

They will meet the grandparents tomorrow. (Jingle will.  Jeremy, it is presumed, is already aquainted with them.) 

Back in Arkansas Jana is paging everyone over the PA to a family meeting.  In their home.  Yeah - because that's how homes and families work.

The fancy pants guest house for Jill and Dereick is going to be renovated and decorated and redo flower beds...who wants other people to decorate their house?

10 minutes ago, Yaoichan12 said:

Hopefully we get the proposal this week. Last week we were supposed to get it but they gave us that flashback special >.<

"Proposal" is in the title of tonight's messipode. TLC had to do that to stop the bleeding of the ratings this time around. 

So Jeremy said Jinger looks beautiful in skirts and dresses but she looked cool in shorts.  Maybe he can convince her to wear them again, maybe he has a preference 

2 minutes ago, Nashville92 said:

So Jeremy said Jinger looks beautiful in skirts and dresses but she looked cool in shorts.  Maybe he can convince her to wear them again, maybe he has a preference 

Wait! Haven't the Duggar girls bragged for years that they could EVERYTHING in skirts and flipflops? 

Jana has lots of list and will add to them even when things are complete so she can check them off.

I DO THAT!  AFFINITY WITH DUGGARS MUST STOP!

So they are driving to NJ - Jinger wants her first impressions to be good.  Like there could possibly be another POV on that.  She's already been corresponding with the G'parents...show off.

Apparently a photo shoot is coming up and little does she know what's coming...really?  You guys buying this suspense?  I've got sisters...she knows.  

Besides I'd think TLC would have had to let her know what this weeks script called for.  

Oh and one of the boys (they all still look aliike to me) said he and Joseph will be prepared for when they are married because they know all about honey-do lists ....yeah...that's what marriage is all right.  A list of chores.  

Just now, Chickenbutt said:

Anna is at the "guest house" with Jana. Anna sure looks pregnant to me.

This was filmed over 3 months ago. Anna would be HUGE by now, and she's not. 

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived