IGNORED

Counting On Season Two- Part 4

samurai_sarah

6 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

Jeremy is my new favorite Duggar. Seeing him with his friends-- it just seemed normal. Even if they remain Fundie, I have hope for their future children. 

Actually, scratch that, I like Grandma Vuolo the best. I really hope they feature her in the wedding episode too.

Couldn't agree with you more. He and his friends/family were so real compared to the Duggars. They joked around, teased each other, laughed in a non-fake way, expressed emotion in a non-robotic way...and he's well-spoken compared to the Duggars as well. I just wish that he had gotten a fiancee who could do more than squeal "Babe! I love you! I love it! I love everything! Babe!" over and over. He deserved someone who could laugh and joke and be real with him too. 

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, MargaretElliott said:

I was working with some middle and high school-aged kids this weekend, a bunch of them called me "ma'am". I'm a recent college graduate, so that was positively bizarre. Sweet kids, though- I knew they were just trying to be polite. I won't judge an eleven-year-old for not knowing the social connotations of "miss" vs. "ma'am". That said, I prefer "Miss Elliott" because I'm a history buff and I like that little connotation to the past. I can definitely see why people think of it as arcane and patriarchal, though.

This is really common with Southerners or people associated with the military. My sons (Washington state!) say "Yes, Ma'am" to me sometimes and I am usually amazed but pleased, it seems like a really nice answer when you tell a teenager to do something... one son has a friend whose mom is a lot younger than I am and she says it to me too ( she is in the military) and that feels weird. Agree about "Miss Margaret", and putting the title with the first name is very Southern too...

2 hours ago, eleanora3 said:

Couldn't agree with you more. He and his friends/family were so real compared to the Duggars. They joked around, teased each other, laughed in a non-fake way, expressed emotion in a non-robotic way...and he's well-spoken compared to the Duggars as well. I just wish that he had gotten a fiancee who could do more than squeal "Babe! I love you! I love it! I love everything! Babe!" over and over. He deserved someone who could laugh and joke and be real with him too. 

Eh, he chose her. It's not like this is an arranged marriage.

If he chose her just for fame and fortune and because he wanted a meek wife, then he does not deserve someone who will laugh and joke with him, because he's a douchecanoe. If he chose her because he genuinely loves her (and I do hope this is the case), then, well, maybe there are more important things to him than being able to kid about with his wife, or maybe she's more like that off-screen (I've heard rumours, for instance, that Jana has a sarcastic streak, but we never see THAT on TV).

I may have missed it, but I noticed Jill said something along the lines of making it back for a couple weddingssssss.  Who could the other wedding be I wonder?! I mean they've been touting JD and Joe's virtues way too hard.  Can't be them...

I may have missed it, but I noticed Jill said something along the lines of making it back for a couple weddingssssss.  Who could the other wedding be I wonder?! I mean they've been touting JD and Joe's virtues way too hard.  Can't be them...

There's Derick brother Dan's in November(?). "A couple" could easily refer to just Jinger and Dan's weddings.

6 hours ago, alba said:

If he chose her just for fame and fortune and because he wanted a meek wife, then he does not deserve someone who will laugh and joke with him, because he's a douchecanoe. If he chose her because he genuinely loves her (and I do hope this is the case), then, well, maybe there are more important things to him than being able to kid about with his wife, or maybe she's more like that off-screen (I've heard rumours, for instance, that Jana has a sarcastic streak, but we never see THAT on TV).

I know, I believe he loves her :/. It's just my personal wish. I think he acts less natural around her and I struggle to watch them interact.

7 hours ago, alba said:

We have seen Jana's sarcastic streak more now in these shows than the original show..  Jeremy is a douchecanoe and it screamed in last week's episode from every nuance.  Jinge deseres his douchebaginess.   Jeremy chose Jinge exactly for who she is based upon ever time he speaks.    For him it's what it is projecting to the world...plain and simple.  He is trained to think that way and jinge well she is a lost cause 

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Buzzard must have fallen asleep then? This episode sounded riveting. 

Buzzard was otherwise engaged this week. 

Buffy bravely took up the recapping.

I wasn't gonna watch it but I did lol.... 

And sooooo Jinghhhh if you put the creamer in first, then pour the coffeeee you don't have to dirty a spoon to washhhhh

Awww babe you are so smarrrrttttt.

Holy crap, the wording is different but this really happened lmao!

And sooooo Jinghhhh if you put the creamer in first, then pour the coffeeee you don't have to dirty a spoon to washhhhh

Okay, I need to watch the shit. Any fellow UK FJers know where I can find it?

35 minutes ago, Snickles said:

She's marrying him for his coffee tips lol

44 minutes ago, Snickles said:

I wonder if Joy or Jana will be this brain dead when their turn comes

OH, the recap was horrifying.

I can't stand "babe"

I, single then married, love and use "Ms, pronounced Miz" and it answers all my needs.

2 hours ago, Snickles said:

Awe babe, we styrofoam  cups and plastic spoons, it doesn't matter if they get dirty.  

1 hour ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

I wonder if Joy or Jana will be this brain dead when their turn comes

I hope not, of the 5 older girls they both seem to have some bit of brain matter, where the other 3 never really did. 

11 hours ago, alba said:

Douchecanoe. I love it! 

2 hours ago, Snickles said:

Except, if you really want consistency in your drink, you're still gonna want to stir it a bit. It's not like they're making lattes. 

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

It doesnt sound like I missed very much of anything!

Sadly, the numbers were back up. They pulled a 0.4 with 1343000 viewers

how is that possible.  Must be teenagers who like this fluff

Oddly enough this show skews older.  I fear we have to blame the grandma generation and those too young to show up in the regular ratings perhaps. 

Just finished watching the proposal.

Ben still seems awkward and young in front of the cameras.

Grandma Vuolo pulled Jinger's hair back when she was cooking. Loved that.

Jeremy said that Jinger didn't know she was going to be his fiancée in a couple of days. A bit presumptuous, Jeremy. I know that in Duggarland, courtship leads to engagement, to weddings and babeez, bit it still irked me. (Except for Josiah, of course, but we don't talk about that.)

32 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Oddly enough this show skews older.  I fear we have to blame the grandma generation and those too young to show up in the regular ratings perhaps. 

Hey, Hey, Hey- lay off us Grammies. I haven't watched that show in 2 years. LOL!

11 hours ago, eleanora3 said:

I know, I believe he loves her :/. It's just my personal wish. I think he acts less natural around her and I struggle to watch them interact.

He probably acts less himself because they barely know each other :(

5 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Just finished watching the proposal.

Ben still seems awkward and young in front of the cameras.

Grandma Vuolo pulled Jinger's hair back when she was cooking. Loved that.

Jeremy said that Jinger didn't know she was going to be his fiancée in a couple of days. A bit presumptuous, Jeremy. I know that in Duggarland, courtship leads to engagement, to weddings and babeez, bit it still irked me. (Except for Josiah, of course, but we don't talk about that.)

Exactly. The whole point of courtship in Duggarland is that it is expected to end with an engagement, wedding, and lots of babies.

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived