IGNORED

Counting On Season Two- Part 4

samurai_sarah

Jill guesses they might have a "few" weddings to go to while back stateside.... hmm.... 

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MarblesMom said:

Jill guesses they might have a "few" weddings to go to while back stateside.... hmm.... 

Her brother in law and her sister 

Ahhh, gotcha.  Since the world revolves around the Duggars, I tend to forget they have in laws!  LOL

Dan is something like Nov. 12th, so we know they will still be stateside then. As I've noted before, they don't have to be back to Danger America before December 2. The first group of missioncationers (Honduras, IIRC) come in on the 3rd. The local group comes in a week later. IF Jill and Derick are serious about SOS, they will certainly be back to DA by then. I actually imagine that they will just fly down with her family and forgo the Honduras mission trip. They can probably beg off that one anyway due to Izzy. 

OK, why does Jill get the huge guesthouse mansion, redecorated and furnished for her? What happened to all the furniture Jim boob bought for them for the other mansion? 

Just now, Dubiousclaire said:

OK, why does Jill get the huge guesthouse mansion, redecorated and furnished for her? What happened to all the furniture Jim boob bought for them for the other mansion? 

i'ts called a storyline for Jana and new furniture that is free because of TLC

21 minutes ago, Dubiousclaire said:

I thought that they donated the furniture from the McMansion. Jessa took the crib, IIRC. The Dullards probably got a tax deduction for the lot, too. Remember, Derick does have accounting training. 

34 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Let's see.....is Grandma Vuolo just a normal Catholic, and did her son leave and turn Fundie...is that the situation? If so, well, Grandma could be so good for Jinge. 

I would doubt it.  I know a lot of Catholic gramma's (had a couple of them myself...so do my kids) and ime they wouldn't generally be as casual about the whole "preacher's wife" thing.  I wondered the same thing so I listened for a tension in the voice and nothing.

Which means nothing - maybe she's just more fundy-positive than those in my world.  She did say she wasn't Italian - her husband is.  Idk if Jeremy's dad went fundy as an adult or if he were raised along those lines.  Her insisting the kids sit on the couch was cute...I do get the impression the V's might be a different flavor of fundy.  Better, worse, who knows (well, hard to be worse) but they seem a little more mainstream with some superficial social stuff.

Just now, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I would doubt it.  I know a lot of Catholic gramma's (had a couple of them myself...so do my kids) and ime they wouldn't generally be as casual about the whole "preacher's wife" thing.  I wondered the same thing so I listened for a tension in the voice and nothing.

Which means nothing - maybe she's just more fundy-positive than those in my world.  She did say she wasn't Italian - her husband is.  Idk if Jeremy's dad went fundy as an adult or if he were raised along those lines.  Her insisting the kids sit on the couch was cute...I do get the impression the V's might be a different flavor of fundy.  Better, worse, who knows (well, hard to be worse) but they seem a little more mainstream with some superficial social stuff.

the whole scene where Jeremy is talking to the camera about his mother and grandmother are godly and he needs a woman like that just screamed something to me.  Couldn't put my finger on it.  But that entire scene was just cringe worthy.  I am not rewatching it.

The father we hardly heard from the mother seemed somewhat normal, but the grandmother was over the top nuts and cute at the same time.  She reminds me of JInge in 40 years. 

4 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I thought that they donated the furniture from the McMansion. Jessa took the crib, IIRC. The Dullards probably got a tax deduction for the lot, too. Remember, Derick does have accounting training. 

Which still breaks my heart.  It's so hard to get back in the game after extended periods of unemployment and he had a nice start in building a career soon out of college...not a given these days. 

Of all the things I think some of them will look back on and regret I think this is going to be a big one for him.  His choices are absolutely baffling to me.

As brief as their appearance was tonight I was stunned.  One that when he called to Jill and her "what?" didn't sound like she was keeping sweet cracked me up.  Then her bizarre line explaining packing to us...and his disjointed and just weird stuff about his hair and a shower?  They both seemed very off - makes me wonder why that made the editing cut.  Do the editors hate them or was that the best footage they had?  As a mom if either of them were mine I'd be concerned - they didn't seem okay.

I only saw one brief scene so far,  the kayak scene and I just had to laugh when Jessa said they had to keep an eye on them.  Like seriously?  Are they worried they are going to have sex in a kayak, on a public lake or river, in broad daylight?

1 minute ago, calimojo said:

I only saw one brief scene so far,  the kayak scene and I just had to laugh when Jessa said they had to keep an eye on them.  Like seriously?  Are they worried they are going to have sex in a kayak, on a public lake or river, in broad daylight?

THAT would be TLC's wet, wet dream!  If saving the first kiss for the wedding draws viewers imagine what kayak sex would do for their ratings?

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

They announced the engagement on July 26. June is when they announced the courtship.

Sunday July 24 was a home game for the Red Bulls. It's entirely possible they got engaged that day. No clue if it rained that day or not, but I don't think TLC fudged the timeline too much.

Wasn't there speculation that Boob held off on the courtship announcement until they were engaged? 

For all we know they could be married already. I read a line on an inquisitor article. :my_rolleyes: that said Jinger had moved to Texas already, I'm like NO WAY Boob would allow that without TWO rings on her finger 

14 minutes ago, nst said:

the whole scene where Jeremy is talking to the camera about his mother and grandmother are godly and he needs a woman like that just screamed something to me.  Couldn't put my finger on it.  But that entire scene was just cringe worthy.  I am not rewatching it.

The father we hardly heard from the mother seemed somewhat normal, but the grandmother was over the top nuts and cute at the same time.  She reminds me of JInge in 40 years. 

Grandma reminded me of my hubby's late Grandmother. quick witted sassy and not afraid to speak her mind. 

3 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

kayak sex

Somehow this phrase needs to become part of our working vocab.  It is just too good.

16 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Wasn't there speculation that Boob held off on the courtship announcement until they were engaged? 

For all we know they could be married already. I read a line on an inquisitor article. :my_rolleyes: that said Jinger had moved to Texas already, I'm like NO WAY Boob would allow that without TWO rings on her finger 

well if you can believe DFOF JB is in Laredo with them today - Jinge her husband and JB all wished Hannie happy birthday. 

I am starting to believe some articles  claiming they are married. 

35 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Which still breaks my heart.  It's so hard to get back in the game after extended periods of unemployment and he had a nice start in building a career soon out of college...not a given these days. 

Of all the things I think some of them will look back on and regret I think this is going to be a big one for him.  His choices are absolutely baffling to me.

As brief as their appearance was tonight I was stunned.  One that when he called to Jill and her "what?" didn't sound like she was keeping sweet cracked me up.  Then her bizarre line explaining packing to us...and his disjointed and just weird stuff about his hair and a shower?  They both seemed very off - makes me wonder why that made the editing cut.  Do the editors hate them or was that the best footage they had?  As a mom if either of them were mine I'd be concerned - they didn't seem okay.

I didn't think it was weird, just their normal awkward selves. The mustache question sounded like me and my husband when he says he's growing a a hipster beard, I'm like no, not happening. I'm guessing she was doing something with Izzy, maybe changing him and he was naked and didn't him to run out, especially in front of cameras. 

28 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

Somehow this phrase needs to become part of our working vocab.  It is just too good.

For things that are dangerous, ill-advised, destined to end badly but one is just compelled to do it anyway,

• Jill moving to SA is kayak sex.
  • Anna staying with Josh is kayak sex.
  • Trump running for president is definitely kayak sex.

8 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I didn't think it was weird, just their normal awkward selves. The mustache question sounded like me and my husband when he says he's growing a a hipster beard, I'm like no, not happening. I'm guessing she was doing something with Izzy, maybe changing him and he was naked and didn't him to run out, especially in front of cameras. 

I get it - catch me in random snatches of conversation and I'll sound just as awkward.  I just find it curious that this is what made the cut...makes me wonder if this was the best footage they had.  

16 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I get it - catch me in random snatches of conversation and I'll sound just as awkward.  I just find it curious that this is what made the cut...makes me wonder if this was the best footage they had.  

Probably was. I think they probably thought it would seem funny and cute. Errr not so much? 

So Jana works to update the guest house, and then Jill comes home and treats it like a pig sty based on her recent Instagram picture.  Poor jana. I mean, I know that was a manufactured storyline, for her but still.

And,  if they were using the guesthouse for guests all this time, why the hell did they need to get furniture?  Didn't it already have furniture?  Did they make their guests sleep on a cot and sit on folding chairs?

I honestly think all of the subterfuge over the past year about who is living wear,  what that house is for, etc, are all part of JB's way of saying FU to the world.   It is as if they are going out of their way to show how affluent they are now, as if to say "See,  taking us off TV didn't hurt us".    I think JB loves to flaunt all of his properties, his planes, their millions of cars, etc.  What a putz

What boggles my mind is that

1. You want to have all these intimate moments filmed and all your emotions displayed for the world. Somewhere in the process that must mean you loose your soul and no longer know the difference between what you feel and what you are expected to feel.

2. Your dad is there to buy a ring, your mum is there for the proposal. They just can't cut the cord. How can Jeremy marry a woman which has not had the chance to become a person apart from her parents? I swear my nine yo is more independent than Jinger.

Let's see if I understand kayak sex.

Damn it I don't want to think about awkward fundie kayak sex.

Jim Boob groping his wife from behind is kayak sex. 

Jim Boob's tuna barbecue sauce sandwiches *choke *gag are Kayak sex.

Anna and Josh's wedding kiss is kayak sex.

Am I using it in the right context?

19 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

Jim Boob's tuna barbecue sauce sandwiches

Thankfully, I have been able to miss this part of the train wreck.  What season... just in case I need to self-induce hurling?

I had no idea anyone would spin the wheel of bad food ideas... and land on this particular gem.

2 hours ago, nst said:

well if you can believe DFOF JB is in Laredo with them today - Jinge her husband and JB all wished Hannie happy birthday. 

I am starting to believe some articles  claiming they are married. 

I did notice in that video that neither Jinger nor Jeremy's left hand is visible. It looks casual enough that it could easily be that they're just standing that way coincidentally, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's deliberate, either to hide a marriage or to get the rumour mill going for some reason of their own.

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived