IGNORED

Counting On Season Two- Part 4

samurai_sarah

I am worried that you all overlooked this from Buffy:

he shows her how to pour tea and she calls him Lovey?  Does he call her Thurston?

Now, it may be that most of you have no idea to whom, or what, this refers. But, it is gold, I tell you, gold. 

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

They announced the engagement on July 26. June is when they announced the courtship.

Sunday July 24 was a home game for the Red Bull's. It's entirely possible they got engaged that day. No clue if it rained that day or not, but I don't think TLC fudged the timeline too much.

D'oh! You're right! I don't know why I had June on the brain. 

That July game would have been in the vortex of that heatwave. I guess the announcement would have been the 25th. It was a Monday. I think they must have gotten engaged earlier in the week; I don't remember how long that heatwave lasted, only that it was brutal...the worst of the summer.

Grandma Vuolo is the bomb. What a cutie. 

I now have hope Jinge could have a semblance of a real......if still Deeply Dipped in Religious Goo kind of life. Grandma Vuolo was great on camera, have to wonder what she thought of it. 

I thought Jeremy's family seemed rather real. Maybe there is hope. Jinge could be SlightlyFree. She could still get the frozen meatballs and just make the sauce. Which would be what I would do. 

5 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

Now, it may be that most of you have no idea to whom, or what, this refers. But, it is gold, I tell you, gold. 

Thank you!  I like to think a childhood spent watching reruns wasn't in vain.

10 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

They announced the engagement on July 26. June is when they announced the courtship.

Sunday July 24 was a home game for the Red Bull's. It's entirely possible they got engaged that day. No clue if it rained that day or not, but I don't think TLC fudged the timeline too much.

Knew I read something to give props for - watching now1!!

I enjoy the fact that Jessa and Jinger say that they can't cook, it makes it seem as though they recognize that the crap the Duggars eat does not involve cooking.

Oh it was all so cringy. I wanted Jinger to get free but the way she looks at him adoringly makes me think that she is deep in that kool aid. 

7 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

he shows her how to pour tea and she calls him Lovey?  Does he call her Thurston?

Knew I read something to give props for - watching now1!!

9 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

Definitely gold! 

But only if they talk using Thurston's accent. 

1 minute ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Grandma Vuolo is the bomb. What a cutie. 

I now have hope Jinge could have a semblance of a real......if still Deeply Dipped in Religious Goo kind of life. Grandma Vuolo was great on camera, have to wonder what she thought of it. 

I thought Jeremy's family seemed rather real. Maybe there is hope. Jinge could be SlightlyFree. She could still get the frozen meatballs and just make the sauce. Which would be what I would do. 

Someone hold me... this is blasphemy... total and complete blasphemy... Why on earth would anyone ruin perfectly good homemade sauce with frozen meatballs?! It's a crime against humanity!!! :pb_lol:

(I think it's clear that we take sauce and meatballs very seriously in our house.)

4 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Oh it was all so cringy. I wanted Jinger to get free but the way she looks at him adoringly makes me think that she is deep in that kool aid. 

But Jessa seemed like she spit out the kool-aid and switched to French Martinis.

I know it's just the editing but nice seeing one of them act like a real person for once.

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

But Jessa seemed like she spit out the kool-aid and switched to French Martinis.

I know it's just the editing but nice seeing one of them act like a real person for once.

I know! That was quite awesome. Jessa doesn't seem as annoying this go around. I haven't seen enough of Jill, thank god! 

18 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

I knew exactly :) Gilligan's Island 

I know! That was quite awesome. Jessa doesn't seem as annoying this go around. I haven't seen enough of Jill, thank god! 

she seems more annoying 

3 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Someone hold me... this is blasphemy... total and complete blasphemy... Why on earth would anyone ruin perfectly good homemade sauce with frozen meatballs?! It's a crime against humanity!!! :pb_lol:

(I think it's clear that we take sauce and meatballs very seriously in our house.)

I'm with you.  I can doctor a jar when under time constraints but this totally non-Italian girl makes a hell of a homemade sauce and meatballs.

meatballs are great because i make tons and freeze them.  I really need to learn how to can for the sauce to save freezer space.

i won't...but I should.

Josh and Anna are living in Grandma Duggar's laundry annex and the kids are living with their aunts and uncles, I think?

Or as Jana put it, "...they, um, don't live too far away and so that's good we get to uh, you know, hang out with her and spend a lot of time with her." 

6 minutes ago, nst said:

she seems more annoying 

Oh god that scares me then. All I saw was the truly cringy part where her and Derek were talking about having another baby. Ugh. 

Hell, this Cuban/German redneck makes hellacious meatballs. I used to make 'em, cook 'em and freeze 'em...just dump them in the pot of sauce when needed. I don't do it anymore because we don't have/need a chest freezer anymore. BUT...when I had the tribe at home, I'd make meatballs by the dozens. Would go grocery shopping once a month, make meatballs, meatloaf, all the other stuff and freeze it. Made it easier to feed that bunch. One weekend a month of non-stop cooking made the rest of the month MUCH easier. 

Just now, Carm_88 said:

Oh god that scares me then. All I saw was the truly cringy part where her and Derek were talking about having another baby. Ugh. 

no I meant Jessa seems more annoying with her fake laughs and silly secrets 

3 minutes ago, nst said:

no I meant Jessa seems more annoying with her fake laughs and silly secrets 

Ah depends. I think she's doing less of that. The whole time during her honeymoon with Ben there was that stupid fake laugh. All the while clinging to him. So I think she's less on that. 

16 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Hell, this Cuban/German redneck makes hellacious meatballs. I used to make 'em, cook 'em and freeze 'em...just dump them in the pot of sauce when needed. I don't do it anymore because we don't have/need a chest freezer anymore. BUT...when I had the tribe at home, I'd make meatballs by the dozens. Would go grocery shopping once a month, make meatballs, meatloaf, all the other stuff and freeze it. Made it easier to feed that bunch. One weekend a month of non-stop cooking made the rest of the month MUCH easier. 

This!  Even though kids are older we still need to eat and every so often I do this with sauces, soups, etc and just put up food so we can have homemade meals available without having to go to the effort or tear up the kitchen on a work night.

Had to tape it so I am off on everyone else's comments, just now making the meatballs.  LOVE Grandma!  She can go live with JinJer and actually bring LIFE to the show.

Let's see.....is Grandma Vuolo just a normal Catholic, and did her son leave and turn Fundie...is that the situation? If so, well, Grandma could be so good for Jinge. 

Love Jeremy's grandma, she seems pretty sassy.  But Jeremy and Jingers full frontal hugs were totally scandalous! Just kidding, maybe eventually a Duggar will kiss before marriage like normal people.  One small step Jinge... And I totally thought Jeremy was going to at least kiss Jingers hair. 

• Buzzard locked this topic

Archived