Jump to content
IGNORED

More Info on Doug Wilson, Pedophile Enabler


bea

Recommended Posts

Emilie Paige has written about the long grooming process and ultimate sexual abuse by James Nance, who was her teacher at Christ Church's Logos School.

She writes about that here:  My Abuse Story (Part 1): Surviving My ‘Classical Christian Education’  Content warning: mentions of sexual abuse, sexual assault, suicidal ideation, and eating disorders.

James Nance was eventually forced to resign from his position as a teacher at Christ Church: Logos School sent out a letter about Nance's exit that didn't explicitly refer to what he did (unBiblical behavior!), warned parents not to discuss the firing of Nance ("I know I can count on your discretion") and allowed Nance to finish out the school year, noted that he'd confessed, been forgiven and could still be a church member in good standing. There was zero, and I do mean zero, concern for Nance's victim Emilie.  

Nance was subsequently hired at businesses owned by Christ Church higher ups:  curriculum company Roman Roads and EMSI (a software company owned by Christ Church elder Andrew Crapuchettes). Based on some facebook comments, he continued to teach some online courses and interacted with student groups on facebook.  

Nance faced no legal repercussions, although it's obvious he's a sexual predator with an extreme and continuing interest in teen girls, including Emilie's younger sisters. 

Jackie Courtney (Nance's daughter) left this Christo-blather comment on Emilie's facebook page after Emilie posted about her abuse at the hands of Courney's father.  It was a screenshot so I've transcribed the text here, adding some paragraph breaks. 

Jackie Courtney Please remember that it is not a lack of sin that makes you a Christian. It is the fact that we are forgiven and saved by Christ despite our sins.  Of course there is sin -- man is born to trouble. But there is forgiveness, and if you refuse it, you are refusing the greatest gift given to us.

I know each and every one of you on this chat, at least your name, and each and every one of you have all left -- please remember how easy it is to downtalk the places you have been and are no longer at, especially as you haven't seen the growth since then. (This is irrelevant. Supporters raise this point to mean that Christ Church's expansion means nothing is or can be wrong and Doug Wilson and the Kirk are above criticism.)

Sinners cannot deliver perfect justice, and humans are far from perfect in all situations. Spread the joy of forgiveness and salvation, rather than muttering together and nursing the corrosive bitterness. All is forgiven and has been forgiven and will be forgiven. Why only fling sins around as if they aren't? 

Emilie's powerful response: Jackie, my heart goes out to you. I can't imagine that it is easy to have your father's actions made so public. Back when I believed there was a God, I prayed your father never treated you the way he did me. I have no doubt he was capable of that.

You speak of repentance and forgiveness, but know that your father has not taken the first step down that road. In the years that he abused me he'd beg for my forgiveness and then he'd assault me over and over again. He would lure me to him by asking to pray for me and then he would assault me.

He convinced me that he was the only person who could love me and he forgave me for making him sin, for being a stumbling block. He only stopped because I finally stood up and said no. He begged me to come back to him even threatening suicide if I didn't.

Your father used and continues to use the doctrine of forgiveness to shield himself from consequences. I will believe he only understands the gravity of the evil he has perpetrated when he walks into a police department and turns himself in for sexually abusing a young girl. Until that day, if it ever comes, know that he is tricking you just like he did me with his false remorse. 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Emilie Paige has written about the long grooming process and ultimate sexual abuse by James Nance, who was her teacher at Christ Church's Logos School.

She writes about that here:  My Abuse Story (Part 1): Surviving My ‘Classical Christian Education’  Content warning: mentions of sexual abuse, sexual assault, suicidal ideation, and eating disorders.

James Nance was eventually forced to resign from his position as a teacher at Christ Church: Logos School sent out a letter about Nance's exit that didn't explicitly refer to what he did (unBiblical behavior!), warned parents not to discuss the firing of Nance ("I know I can count on your discretion") and allowed Nance to finish out the school year, noted that he'd confessed, been forgiven and could still be a church member in good standing. There was zero, and I do mean zero, concern for Nance's victim Emilie.  

Nance was subsequently hired at businesses owned by Christ Church higher ups:  curriculum company Roman Roads and EMSI (a software company owned by Christ Church elder Andrew Crapuchettes). Based on some facebook comments, he continued to teach some online courses and interacted with student groups on facebook.  

Nance faced no legal repercussions, although it's obvious he's a sexual predator with an extreme and continuing interest in teen girls, including Emilie's younger sisters. 

Jackie Courtney (Nance's daughter) left this Christo-blather comment on Emilie's facebook page after Emilie posted about her abuse at the hands of Courney's father.  It was a screenshot so I've transcribed the text here, adding some paragraph breaks. 

Jackie Courtney Please remember that it is not a lack of sin that makes you a Christian. It is the fact that we are forgiven and saved by Christ despite our sins.  Of course there is sin -- man is born to trouble. But there is forgiveness, and if you refuse it, you are refusing the greatest gift given to us.

I know each and every one of you on this chat, at least your name, and each and every one of you have all left -- please remember how easy it is to downtalk the places you have been and are no longer at, especially as you haven't seen the growth since then. (This is irrelevant. Supporters raise this point to mean that Christ Church's expansion means nothing is or can be wrong and Doug Wilson and the Kirk are above criticism.)

Sinners cannot deliver perfect justice, and humans are far from perfect in all situations. Spread the joy of forgiveness and salvation, rather than muttering together and nursing the corrosive bitterness. All is forgiven and has been forgiven and will be forgiven. Why only fling sins around as if they aren't? 

Emilie's powerful response: Jackie, my heart goes out to you. I can't imagine that it is easy to have your father's actions made so public. Back when I believed there was a God, I prayed your father never treated you the way he did me. I have no doubt he was capable of that.

You speak of repentance and forgiveness, but know that your father has not taken the first step down that road. In the years that he abused me he'd beg for my forgiveness and then he'd assault me over and over again. He would lure me to him by asking to pray for me and then he would assault me.

He convinced me that he was the only person who could love me and he forgave me for making him sin, for being a stumbling block. He only stopped because I finally stood up and said no. He begged me to come back to him even threatening suicide if I didn't.

Your father used and continues to use the doctrine of forgiveness to shield himself from consequences. I will believe he only understands the gravity of the evil he has perpetrated when he walks into a police department and turns himself in for sexually abusing a young girl. Until that day, if it ever comes, know that he is tricking you just like he did me with his false remorse. 

 

 

 

 

Wow. Her response is powerful. I hope her story is shared widely and am thankful for her courage in posting it. The people in Doug's cult choose to be wilfully ignorant and defend him and the other abusive leaders with - I like your term - Christoblather. 

I live in PacNW, and it is really troubling how mainstream Doug's reach. I think a lot of people stumble across the Moscow teaching/community via "Classical Christian Education" I hate it so much. On facebook I always get this ad for a local classical christian school that I happen to know has been heavily influenced by Doug. But it presents as rigorous academics, etc. Their tagline is "What do you think of when you hear classical education?" And I always want to reply: grooming, sexual abuse, dominance, and cult! Shut it down!

  • Upvote 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Every time I read about Jim Nance I keep telling myself that Doug has to come down at some point. Ravi Zacharias did. DPIAT did. He has to. There has to be some way all that wickedness will bring him down and he’ll spend the rest of his life in a jail cell. Because I can’t consider the alternative. 

  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's apparent to me that Doug Wilson is a sexual deviant. He gets vicarious pleasure from protecting rapists and pedophiles and facilitating their escape from true justice or any type of repercussions for their horrible abuses, while continuing to welcome them in his congregation. 

The insulting ways he writes about womens' bodies, his creeper book about a sex bot, insistence on absolute female submission and his fucking bizarre take on slavery.  All of these things, all of them, are of a piece.  This latest Bnonn Tennant crap (women are meant to remain with dangerous abusive partners) is just another part of it. 

 

  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Columbia said:

There has to be some way all that wickedness will bring him down and he’ll spend the rest of his life in a jail cell.

Even if it's tax evasion -- cf. Al Capone -- prison time can't come too soon. With all of the fraudulent non-profits that CREC runs, it seems like an IRS audit would turn up lots  of back taxes and penalties. 

 

  • Upvote 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Item from the Moscow-Pullman Daily News today (Aug 13) noting that Christ Church deacon Alex Lloyd has pled guilty to possessing and trading CSA images.  Note that the first and last words in this article refer to Alex Lloyd's status as a Christ Church deacon; the local paper is definitely throwing some serious shade and a big FU in the direction of Doug Wilson and Christ Church. 

"Christ Church deacon Alex Lloyd has agreed to enter a guilty plea in federal court for possession of child pornography. His change of plea hearing is scheduled for Aug. 25.

On Jan. 11, police searched Lloyd’s residence and he admitted to possessing child pornography on his iPhone. He also admitted to trading the pornography in messaging groups.

He was indicted in federal court April 19. He could face 20 years in prison and a fine up to $250,000, along with restitution to the victims. He will also be required to register as a sex offender.

Five days before Lloyd was indicted, on April 14, his name and photo were removed from Christ Church’s leadership webpage."

No information on when the actual sentencing will take place, but he's been trading CSA images; he'll be gone for awhile. I truly hope he has no victims in the Christ Church congregation. 

Sad for his family, who will be living with this on so many levels, from betrayal of values, loss of status to loss of income leading to financial disaster. 

Doug Wilson will telegraph how they are to be treated: cared for and financially supported or shunned. I hope for their sakes they get the hell out of Moscow and Christ Church. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Howl said:

Sad for his family, who will be living with this on so many levels, from betrayal of values, loss of status to loss of income leading to financial disaster. 

Doug Wilson will telegraph how they are to be treated: cared for and financially supported or shunned. I hope for their sakes they get the hell out of Moscow and Christ Church. 

“Cared for” in Moscow means receiving Biblical “counseling” from his nouthetic counseling center and having everything they say be reported back to Doug and his cronies. I’m sure that his wife has been asked by now if she was “meeting his needs” enough to keep him from looking at CSA. I hope the court will order some sort of investigation into what he may have done to his children, because Doug certainly will not. What an awful place to be, where you desperately need help and the only people surrounding you will just further prey on your soul. I also hope she has community on the outside and is able to leave. 

  • Upvote 5
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You would think, after this many cases of CSA and grooming, members of the “kirk” would start wondering what it is that keeps attracting predators to their community…..

  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Examining Doug Wilson & Moscow, Idaho FB page has posted a cached copy of Christ Churchʻs statement on Lloyd:

24723018_WilsonCultExcusesCSA.thumb.jpeg.885c58fdefa9ec95b959fb9a7b00477c.jpeg

"Porn habit." "Sexual rehab facility." "Factual error." "Pornification of our culture."

Given these asshat statements, you have to wonder who will be the next at Christ Church to be arrested for sex crimes. 

Edited by hoipolloi
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Pornification of our culture”

 

Doug can’t write about women without referencing breasts, often in pretty crude terms. Who’s contributing to that pontification of the kirk culture?

  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As noted above, the local paper is consistently critical of Doug Wilson and his (often successful) attempts to turn the town of Moscow into his personal fiefdom. 

Everything in that statement demonstrates Wilson's oily ability to obscure the truth.  The Moscow paper made an error about the date a deacon's status was updated on the Kirk's website?  They must not be a reliable source of information! 

No worries that this man was an important element in the church hierarchy. Deacons just help with the nuts and bolts of running the church! 

Lloyd confessed to police when initially confronted at his house that he had CSA on his phone and had shared those images, and Doug Wilson would have known EXACTLY what was going on.   But Lloyd is a penis holder at Christ Church, so the important thing is he keeps attending services. No worries, though, he'll have a chaperone!  

This is the thing about Wilson that is so evil and perverted. He goes out of his way to normalize and protect the perpetrators of CSA, but has gone out of his way to attack and demonize the female victims of sexual abuse in his church.  

 

  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

The Examining Doug Wilson & Moscow, Idaho FB page has posted a cached copy of Christ Churchʻs statement on Lloyd:

24723018_WilsonCultExcusesCSA.thumb.jpeg.885c58fdefa9ec95b959fb9a7b00477c.jpeg

"Porn habit." "Sexual rehab facility." "Factual error." "Pornification of our culture."

Given these asshat statements, you have to wonder who will be the next at Christ Church to be arrested for sex crimes. 

Paragraph 2 includes (bolding mine): 

Quote

This last January, we received word that Alex had been taken in for questioning with regard to these charges.... in the immediate aftermath of all of this, although we had every reason to believe that Alex had freely confessed everything, he was placed under church discipline as a cautionary measure. We informed our congregation of the situation at our next heads of households meeting on February 7. And because we did not yet know the precise nature of the charges that could be filed, we required that Alex not attend our services without a chaperone. 

then paragraph 3 ends with: 

Quote

Our only charge to Alex in this regard is that he continue to be truthful and forthright.

In what world does repeatedly denying the seriousness of criminal charges equate to "being truthful and forthright"? Is that an Idaho thing? /sarcasm

  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That statement is fully image management: now that these things have become public, we can speak freely (i.e. we couldn't get away with covering things up). Everything is framed to reassure cult members that the godly leaders in control are busy being in control. Nothing about this surprises them and they can take it in hand and be trusted to do the right thing.

I think the whole key to the statement lies buried in the last paragraph. Alex has "embarrassed his church." That's what they truly care about not the heinous nature of the crimes and the ugly truth that their teaching fosters that. Pornification of culture is such an easy scapegoat. Guys, this is in your own isolated puritanical communities! Don't blame the "worldly" culture! Look at your toxic kirk culture.

  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's amazing they have anyone left to be a chaperone with how many chaperoned attendees they must have. The ratio of abusers and pedophiles to those with acceptable sexual ethics in this place is so disturbing.

  • Upvote 8
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

I think the whole key to the statement lies buried in the last paragraph. Alex has "embarrassed his church."

In other words, "Alex got caught."

  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

At no point does he clarify that Alex got caught with CSA. In a responsible church (as I imagine it), the church members would be notified that a fellow congregant was found with CSA on his phone. 

Then, how to query their children to determine if they'd had contact with him and if there was anything about that interaction(s) that was inappropriate. 

If the pedophile's target age is very young children, bring in a qualified (secular!) counselor who specializes in such things to assist.

 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Howl said:

At no point does he clarify that Alex got caught with CSA.

I never realized that before. CSA and regular pornography are all one and the same to Doug Wilson.
 

There’s no way this creep isn’t consuming it, too.  

  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It also drives me nuts that churches seem to think a "chaperone" will do diddly squat in these scenarios. Abuse happens so quickly, and most church services are chaotic before/after with children and adults milling about. 

Churches need to do so much better. Some time ago, our church got a call from a parole officer notifying us that an offender had visited our church and (thankfully) self-reported after. They are not supposed to be anywhere near a church building, chaperoned or not. The church did have cc footage so was able to confirm that the offender never was alone or near children, and the staff was able to be notified what he looks like should he return. 

But reading this I want to shake the kirk people: even the secular world knows that the number of victims these kind of offenders have is often exponential and the recidivism rates are through the roof. Some people just shouldn't be welcome at church. If you want to minister to offenders or whatever, well, fine, do a whole separate service for them or something. Makes me so mad that even non-culty churches are some of the unsafest spaces for children.

  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@neuroticcat, years before I joined my current church, a member was convicted of CSA and spent years in prison. When he was released, he wanted to return to services with us. Our pastor and leadership council met with him and were able to determine that letting him back in would be a terrible idea. (He was affronted at the news.) He and the entire congregation were notified in writing that he would not be allowed on our property or at any of our events. (We already had a child protection policy in place whereby children could only be left in the presence of two or more adults not related to them—never a single non-relative adult.)

But, then, we’re UU, and not awfully concerned with whether someone considers himself “saved” or not.

  • Upvote 8
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Hane said:

@neuroticcat, years before I joined my current church, a member was convicted of CSA and spent years in prison. When he was released, he wanted to return to services with us. Our pastor and leadership council met with him and were able to determine that letting him back in would be a terrible idea. (He was affronted at the news.) He and the entire congregation were notified in writing that he would not be allowed on our property or at any of our events. (We already had a child protection policy in place whereby children could only be left in the presence of two or more adults not related to them—never a single non-relative adult.)

But, then, we’re UU, and not awfully concerned with whether someone considers himself “saved” or not.

And that is the way it should be! Good for you and your church. I especially love that they knew to let the *entire congregation* know. So often churches do some half-assed only telling staff or something. It's ridiculous. The only way to become a safer community is for the whole community to be trained and aware of safety measures.

Edited by neuroticcat
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

This update could go in at least 2 other threads here but Doug Wilson seems to have been a prime mover & shaker in creating the Frankfurt Declaration. Ostensibly about COVID restrictions, which Doug & his cult have protested repeatedly, the declarationʻs language could cover a lot of other sins:

Quote

In the course of human events, it sometimes becomes necessary for people of good faith to speak out against the abuse of power....Since God is the ultimate Lawgiver and Judge, we deny the right of any earthly authority to define morality and require unconditional obedience of their citizens when contrary to His Law...It appears that the world may well be entering a time of testing, not only for the Church, but for everyone who believes in freedom and who opposes tyranny. Let us stand with those who are hard-pressed, arrested, or forcefully isolated because they have chosen to do what is right. Let us stand in solidarity with those whose churches are forcefully closed or who are exiled from their congregations. Let us help and support in practical ways those who are fined or have to forfeit their employment for the sake of Christ.

Voddie Baucham is an original signatory.

  • Haha 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

This update could go in at least 2 other threads here but Doug Wilson seems to have been a prime mover & shaker in creating the Frankfurt Declaration. Ostensibly about COVID restrictions, which Doug & his cult have protested repeatedly, the declarationʻs language could cover a lot of other sins:

Voddie Baucham is an original signatory.

I saw that on twitter. So many jokes to be made about the "frankfurt"er signers. haha. 

What an embarrassing piece of puffed up puffery. Voddie is on there to rep Africa via Zambia since they wanted to claim "multiple continents" signed. Disgraceful. Major signatories from UK/US, some from Australia/Canada/South Africa, and a handful of others from what sound like western missionaries living somewhere else. Nobody from the majority world. All leaders from the theobro club.

The statement itself is so cringe. A bunch of notoriously abusive men preemptively talking about standing up to the "abusive' powers of government, that, what? placed health guidelines on them? It's also absurd since these are the vocally outspoken against CRT or whatever racist bogeyman they've created. BS that they care about abuse. They just don't want any external authority for themselves. For all their idolatry of authority structures, they are so used to their churches, wives, and children submitting to their dominion, that the thought that an external authority makes them wring their hands and create an unsolicited statement to tell *the entire world* what to do. Pahahaha. They want the government to "repent," of what, who knows and minimize real genocides and suffering at the hands of totalitarian regimes by this nonsense that suggests they are qualified to speak to it. So gross.

It's like all of the theobros got together and decided to give a written go at Jim Bob's "I'm not having that" to the judge. Is everyone listening? They're not having it! 

  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is brilliant: 

51 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

They just don't want any external authority for themselves. For all their idolatry of authority structures, they are so used to their churches, wives, and children submitting to their dominion, that the thought that an external authority makes them wring their hands and create an unsolicited statement to tell *the entire world* what to do.

And FFS, these men, winging, pissing and moaning about tyranny. 

These men support themselves through grift and THEY DON'T PAY TAXES!  

Quote

Since God is the ultimate Lawgiver and Judge, we deny the right of any earthly authority to define morality and require unconditional obedience of their citizens when contrary to His Law

My I paraphrase, since this is obviously Doug Wilson's law?

Since God is I am the ultimate Lawgiver and Judge, we I deny the right of any earthly authority to define morality and require unconditional obedience of their citizens when contrary to HisLaw my wordsmithy proclamations. 

I get where he's going with this, but he's obviously appointed himself as the interpreter of Biblical Law, so why not just lay it out like it is. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

Voddie Baucham is an original signatory.

That whole list of “original signatories” is one big Bingo card of men to avoid at all costs. Especially if you have kids. 

  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.